main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Figment of the Imagination" - JA fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Apr 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!

I think you get the drift.

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    But Jedi Susie...it's so fun to torture the fans!! Kelly Kenobi, I'm so glad you like my stories so much!! Thanks! redface.gif I didn't know they were that good!! (And of course I'm evil! ) *LOL* OldSkippy and yep, light_sabe_r, I do but I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to post the next part, K? *laughs evilly* Hey, at least I'm not gonna do a Lwyn'nya and leave you hanging for a week!

3. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    **mumbling** so much fun to touture the fans is right...

But, like you said, if you leave us hanging as long as LW you're going to have to renounce you Jedi standing and become a Sith

I don't think there is no better time to say this than now...."The best things come to those who wait"

~Susie

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    UT..UT...sputters in disbelief

How WUDE. LOL That was a great post. Poor Obi.
    WHO have you been taking cliffhanger lessons from. Your horrible to do this to us!!!
    LOL

5. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    *gasp* What was this doing on the third page?!? *runs back in to save her story from being sucked down into the bottomless depths of fanfic* Okay, okay, okay, I'm sorry!!! Here's some more, and I'm being a good little Jedi and posting TWO parts at once!
    ==================================

Obi-Wan was walking down a long black tunnel. In front of him was a dazzling light, and somehow he knew that if he went to the beautiful shining glow there would be no more pain, no more suffering. Obi-Wan turned to look back the other way. There was a faint, yellowish light. He knew the journey would be tougher that way, the going not as smooth. Yet he was reluctant to turn away?

//Obi-Wan! Come back to me! I need you! Obi-Wan?// Obi-Wan cocked his head. Qui-Gon? His voice was coming from the fading yellow glow. Obi-Wan looked around. What was he doing? He couldn?t leave Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon needed him. Obi-Wan knew the stoic Jedi Master would never admit it, but he knew that the older Jedi needed him, needed someone to love and protect just as Obi-Wan needed someone to love and protect him.

Obi-Wan looked toward the dazzling light, and then back at the faint one. Sighing, he turned and headed back to Qui-Gon, back to life.

=============================

Qui-Gon felt the small body draw in a shuddering breath. Once again Obi-Wan?s life force glowed brightly in the web of the Force. Obi-wan blinked. ?M-m-Master??
    Qui-Gon swooped Obi-Wan up into his arms and held him against him, crying openly. ?Padawan?Obi-Wan?I thought I?d lost you.?

Obi-Wan slowly relaxed against him, wrapping his arms around the taller Jedi?s neck and burying his head against Qui-Gon?s chest. ?Master. Master,? he said over and over, barely believing it.

Qui-Gon drew back a few moments later, setting Obi-Wan back down on the chair. He cupped one large hand under Obi-Wan?s chin and lifted it up until they were looking eye-to-eye. ?I?m going to get you out of here, Obi-Wan.? He said softly. ?But first I want you to know how much you mean to me.? I don?t want you to ever get hurt without knowing how much I love you.

Qui-Gon dropped his mental shields, letting his pain, hurt, concern, and guilt pour out. And his love. His love for Obi-Wan, as a father loved a son. He let Obi-Wan feel it all. Obi-Wan reached out with the Force in amazement, the dampening effects of the drug wearing off enough for him to faintly feel the strong emotions.

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon, tears clouding his blue eyes, and then threw his arms around his Master again, hugging him tight and hiding his wince of pain. Qui-Gon thought his heart would burst with happiness. Holding his hurt Padawan to him, the Jedi Master gracefully rose and walked out of the office forever. ?Let?s get you home, Padawan. Let?s get you home.?
    ============================
    There's one more teary-eyed get together, make it all better scene coming up, so stay tuned! After that, this story is over and you can all sigh, because I no longer have any means to torture you by...except To Live Life as Strangers, of course!

And yes, I do have another story whirling around this blond head of mine that I'll try to start as soon as possible!

6. ObWanKenobeee

ObWanKenobeee Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2000
    So your gonna post soon does that mean?
    Hope so.
    I'll check in the morning.

Sorry, but I am obsessed with your story.

7. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Uppity uppity up!! *dances around her thread with excitement*

8. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    That was just lovely, though Qui-Gon won't have an Obi-Wan to love if he doesn't stop squishing him soon

So .. you said two posts .. guess we got them both together huh? [face_sigh]

VERY pleased that you've got another idea in your head, but boy! do you ever make us work for each post. :p and I guess it's a nix on the blonde jokes for the moment too, darn...

9. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Awhhh...no post

10. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Over? It can't be over. No! No! No! I refuse to believe it.

11. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheheh, thanks everyone!! It seems as though Jane Jinn hath disappeared! confused.gif Here's the last post for you, enjoy!

Obi-Wan looked up as Qui-Gon walked through the door of his room in the Jedi Temple?s infirmary. ?Hello, Master,? he said with a smile. They hadn?t had much time to talk yet since Obi-Wan was either asleep or in the bacta tank almost the whole hyperspace trip home.

?Hello, Obi-Wan. How are you feeling?? Qui-Gon sat on the side of Obi-Wan?s bed.

Obi-Wan smiled at him brightly. ?Much better now. Master An-Paj says I?m healing nicely and should be able to return to our quarters in a few days.?

Qui-Gon smiled. ?That?s wonderful, Padawan. Oh, by the way I have something of yours that you seem to be missing.? He pulled out a familiar metal cylinder.

Obi-Wan?s face broke into a wide grin. ?My lightsaber!! Where did you find it? I thought for sure that I?d lost it!?

Qui-Gon couldn?t keep the grin from spreading infectiously to his own face at the boy?s excitement. ?In the street where Morc?s soldiers captured you. I thought you might like it back.?

?Would I ever!? The teenager turned the weapon over in his hands as though examining it for any microscopic scratches or dents.

Qui-Gon?s expression sobered as he watched Obi-Wan. They needed to talk about what happened, what Obi-Wan had gone through. He knew Obi-Wan wouldn?t want to, and he couldn?t blame him. But bottling it up would only hurt him in the long run. The Jedi Master took a deep breath. ?Obi-Wan, we need to talk about the mission.?

Obi-Wan stopped examining the lightsaber but continued to stare at his hands. ?Do we have to?? he asked in a small voice.

Qui-Gon?s heart ripped. ?Yes, I?m afraid we do. I want you to tell me everything that happened to you, Obi-Wan. I want you to let it out, so I can help you.?

The young Jedi glanced up at Qui-Gon, remembered hurt and tears welling up in his eyes. ?I- I can?t.?

Qui-Gon reached over to clasp his Padawan?s hands. ?Yes, you can. Show me.?

Slowly Obi-Wan let down the stiff barriers he?d erected in his mind around that painful, dark place. The memories of his capture and torture came pouring out as he relived them, showing Qui-Gon exactly what had happened.

When Obi-Wan looked up later, Qui-Gon had tears streaming down his face. ?Padawan, I?m so sorry,? he said. ?I?m so sorry. I shouldn?t have let you go alone. I should have gone with you. Can you ever forgive me??

Obi-Wan looked at him with surprise. Did Qui-Gon blame himself for Obi-Wan?s capture? Obi-Wan reached delicately across their bond and sensed?guilt? ?Master?it wasn?t your fault,? he whispered gently. ?I thought I could handle it, otherwise I would have asked for help. Besides, the king needed one of us to be there. There is nothing to forgive.?

Qui-Gon looked at him as if daring to believe that Obi-Wan meant what he had said. Seeing the truth and forgiveness in his Padawan?s eyes let him finally let go of the guilt that had been gnawing at him inside. Allowing the healing to begin.

Obi-Wan threw his arms around his master?s neck and hugged him. Qui-Gon returned the embrace, rocking back and forth. //I have you back now, and I?ll never leave you again.// ?Obi-Wan?Padawan?son.?

Obi-Wan smiled to himself. My father. He felt the strength of their bond through the Force, wrapped up in Qui-Gon?s strength and security not only physically but mentally as well. Things could not get much better than this.

But they would. Obi-Wan knew that with time, they would be even better.
    ======================================
    So, whadja think?!? Huh huh huh? Yeah, I know you are all terriblyl disappointed it's over , but there's always To Live Life as Strangers and I should have a new one up in a few days!

12. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    Wonderful ending....thanks for the great story....

13. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    Disappointed? NOO!!!! it was wonderful. I just hope the next story will be as good as (or better<G> than)this one. And may you have a heart to not to keep the readers waiting(just joking). :p

Kim B

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Up up up so people see I've finished it!

15. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Don't take this the wrong way but -- I'm very glad you finished it!

That was a lovely, tightly written story, well characterised and well plotted, with lots of action and a nice amount of Qui-angst.

I loved it all except the very end but that's my pet hate, nothing to do with you

I hope you're archiving your stories somewhere, nice as the comments are , it'll be good to read it through again without the interruptions!

16. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Great story gimpy!
    Sad to see the end, but it was great.
    Now about that other one....another post would do just fine.....

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I haven't disappeared, but I seem to have forgotten to post a few times. Is that it? No more Obi-Torture? No, just kidding. A good ending. I liked the way Obi-Wan hovered on the brink of death and then decided to come back to Qui-Gon because his master needed someone to love and protect. I also liked the way Obi-Wan was reluctant to talk about his experience, and how much closer he was to Qui-Gon after he actually did. An excellent story! I'm already looking forward to the next one.

18. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    That was a great story. Qui and Obi's bonding was done to perfection.
    I don't know how long I can wait for your next story, but until you get it out you better post more to "Live Life as a Stranger"
    Kudos to you J_M_G!
    ~Susie

19. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    It's over!!! It's over!!! ::Happy dances::

I'm not happy that it's over just happy that I won't be tortured any more. (Atleast not for THIS story!! )

That was a very good ending, heck, it was a very good story all together.

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Awwww, it's over? That was a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it with us! I can't wait to see what you have in mind to write next.

21. ObiWan_cs

ObiWan_cs Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 1999
    The trailer was created sometime around October 1998. It was created as a small promo for Star Walking Inc's first film festival. The Bounty Trail trailer in addition to 4 other trailers, was put together by a group of people the day before the trailers were required. We used what we currently had available which included a rough edit of the film, some shot-for-fun footage (the 'Desert Fett' sequences, shot while working on another fan film) and some old footage from an old trailer (the rest of the sequences with the Storm Troopers - purely shot for concept reasons). The CG sequences that John Warner are referring were taken from a CD with some early renders of the sequences, as that was all that we had available at the time we were putting the trailers together.

There was far from hours of extra footage. Bounty Trail was never to be this epic production you say it was. All the scenes that were filmed are actually in there. As I said all this extra footage was made for a very early trailer (which had nothing to do with the final story) and footage that was shot for fun.

After a few hours we completed the small promo trailer, and then went on to working on some other ones. The trailer was shown the next day, and was met with a good reaction (as were the other trailers). After that it was never shown again, and along the way, found itself in my archives. Work on Bounty Trail and the other films progressed and the trailer was forgotten.

While going through all my fan film things sometime recently, I came across the trailer and thought it would be a good idea to alert the Force.net Theater crew to existence, as I felt Bounty Trail and its trailer should co-exist together, allowing people to get a small sampling of what is in the full film, before they spend time downloading the whole thing. And sure, there was probably a bit of "I spent all this time helping make the trailer, and I'd like some other people to be able to see it" in the decision too.

I didn't think to verify that everyone was happy with every shot, and make sure that each shot was a finished piece of work. Most of the footage is less than perfect anyway. There's some bad video tape tracking problems, less than stellar laser fire effects, even some missing laser effects. That's what you get when you make a trailer for a film that isn't finished.

The actual point is that the trailers availability on the internet is no fault of Justin Dix. I was the one that kept it, I was the one that prepared it for the internet, I was the one who thought it would be good to have the trailer up for download with the film, I was the one who alerted the TheForce.net Theater crew to its existence. Since it's so much of a problem, the theater crew has been asked to remove the trailer from the site, until such time we are able to remove the offending footage and/or create a new trailer.

I apologise to the TheForce.net Theater crew for putting them in this un-enviable position, and to all the other forum readers who have had to put up with these, at times, abusive messages. Had I know the trailer was going to elicit this response, I would never have kept it.

Cameron Smith
    Visual Effects Supervisor
    Bounty Trail

22. John Warner

John Warner Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2000
    Now that was not hard!..
    Thank you Mr Cameron Smith.

That CD Does have a Small Text file "COPYc).txt"

i suggest you read it next time,
    before you Upload my work to any website.

Now if you or Justin would have Asked me
    first none of this would have happen..

I hope this has been a Lession to ALL...

John Warner
    Director of DIGITAL HORIZONS
    The Independent Sci-fi Movie Makers Alliance http://www.geocities.com/krill_1947/index.html http://www.geocities.com/krill_1947/index.html

23. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.