main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho A Filmmaker's Vision at Last!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I'm finally going to be able to realize all of my fan film ideas with the purchase of a new computer! Brad, formally of the club, is helping me build a "super computer" for film editing.
    There's several music videos that I know I'll be making right away. But on top of that, I'm open to suggestions!
    Does anybody have footage from CIII?
    I'm also going to do a vamped up version of Barry's (IFSWA)mortal kombat video.
    So currently I have that, on top of my revamped "One Destiny" plus I figured I could make some kind of spot for the club.
    Thoughts?

2. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Can't wait to see some of these ideas you have had come to life.

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    It's up and running!
    I still need another CD-rom drive and I might get a floppy drive just to have for my old floppy discs.
    It runs great. It has green lights all over it! I call it my "matrix" computer.
    I'll have my video editing software installed by the weekend.

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Well, I got my first short film edited. It's hilarious. I'll have to show everyone on Sunday. It's pointless of course, but hilarious none the less.

5. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    As long as any of my Episode I footage stays dead and buried, edit whatever you want.

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    LOL...yeah, you don't have to worry. But I actually called Fox 12 to see if they had the live footage from AOTC and he never called me back. So you're off the hook there!

7. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    well your first movie was "interesting"....

8. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Interesting?

Sounds like something i need to see....

Curious - what camera and editing software to you have?

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Canon GL 2
    Adobe Premire

Trust me, your not missing much with my first film![face_laugh]

10. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    not a bad camera...

not missing much.... i'm missing all the fun!:_|

11. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    It's not right that our founder should have to miss all the fun!
    Anyway, I'm editing my SW music video "One Destiny" right now. It rocks. Thank-you Eric for your help! If you hadn't copied those discs first, it would've never worked!

12. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    well, if you'd like me to look over any scripts, give any feedback on ANYTHING, or any direction or questions you might have that someone with a film degree can help with just let me know...

13. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    here's the script i found for Kasey's fan film, we need to do this it's hilarious!

BOISE FAN FORCE COUNSEL MEETING SCRIPT

VICE-PRESIDENT: Until this fan club is fully operational we are vulnerable. The Star Trek fan clubs are too well equipped; they?re more dangerous than you realize.

SECRETARY: Dangerous in your opinion Vice-President, not in mine.

VICE-PRESIDENT: The Star Trek fan clubs will continue to gain support with the more foolish Star Wars fans until?

PRESIDENT: The Star Trek fan clubs will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that Lucas has paid to have all Star Trek websites dissolved permanently. The last remnants of computer geeks have been swept away.

SECRETARY: Impossible. How will Lucas maintain support with Jar Jar appearing in Episode III?

PRESIDENT: Spielberg has convinced him to kill off Jar Jar in the very beginning of the picture. Beyond their inexplicit joy, fear will keep the local fans in line, fear of this fan club.

PR OFFICER: What of the Idaho Falls Fan Force? If the IDFFF has obtained a complete technical reading of this fan club it is possible, however unlikely, that they will find a weakness, and exploit it.

DEFECTED CPT. KIRK: The plans you refer to, will soon be back, in our hands.

SUPREME SW FAN: Any progress by the IDFFF (pauses and counts F?s), against this fan club would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they?ve obtained. This fan club is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it.

DEFECTED CPT. KIRK: Don?t be too proud of this fan club you?ve created, cre-A-ted. The ability to destroy our Star Trek websites is insignificant next to the power of our fans.

PR OFFICER: I knew he?d never truly defect!

SUPREME SW FAN: Don?t try to frighten us with your bad acting Captain Kirk. Your sad devotion to that ancient TV show has not helped you conger up a descent movie, or given you the clairvoyance enough to deliver one good script?

-Kirk moves his hand to a choking position with his fingers towards the SUPREME SW FAN. Nothing happens. He keeps going like this for sometime until he runs towards him and starts choking him with his hands.

PRESIDENT: Enough of this. Kirk, release him! (Kirk lets go and begins weeping). This bickering is pointless. Now, Captain Kirk will provide us with the location of the next Star Trek convention by the time this fan force is totally operational. We will than crush them all with one swift stroke!

14. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    ...a true "classic" in the making. I always wondered why we didn't do this - would have been great! well, let's get to it K. Kenobi...:D

15. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    I totally agree it will be a "True Classic".

16. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks all. I'd obviously need to revamp some parts. The Jar Jar hate would have to go... and some things about the IFSWA would probably be dropped, but I agree, we should do it!

17. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I think since we now have some Star Trek fan club members in our club as well we should.
    do a fan film with some of thier members. When they finaly reach the unexplored space (by the federation that is.) Deep in the star wars outer rims and come accross some star wars planets and characters.

hince this new background i made.

http://newboiseorder.tripod.com/backgroundnbo2.GIF

you might have to type it in sometime tripod can be stubborn

18. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    loved your "One Destiny" video kasey. Can't wait to see the final cut.

19. MutantMix

MutantMix Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I'm excited to see it as well. I'm sure it will be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.