main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A First Time for Everything ~ H/L for the PT Write/Rewrite Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GeneralKenobi7, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Title: A First Time for Everything
    Author: GeneralKenobi7
    Characters: Han, Leia
    Timeframe: Directly after ANH
    Genre: Romance, slightly AUish
    Notes: Written for (and winner of) the PT Write/Rewrite Valentine's Day Challenge.

[u]A First Time for Everything[/u]

When Han left the massive Massasi Temple via back entrance to get some clear air ? he certainly was [i]not[/i] fleeing the festivities! - the sun had already begun to set, slowly disappearing behind the tree tops, it bathed in a warm red-golden glow.

Actually, Han decided, this was the best side of the dratted jungle planet he'd seen till now ? and it would probably stay that way as well.
    Maybe that was his deeply-ingrained pessimism talking; a pessimism extended to just about everything safe his own talents ? no one had ever accused him of lacking self-confidence - and the Falcon's ability to actually fly somewhere in one piece. Though he preferred to think of himself as a realist, really ? again not counting afore mentioned unimportant details...

And if a part of him realized that his little evening stroll might just have something to do with looking for the irritating smart-ass Princess Leia, the rest of him ignored it valiantly; along with the fact that 'irritating smart-ass' happened to be a surprisingly accurate description of [i]him [/i]as well.

He started down a well-used path into the woods, trying rather unsuccessfully to damned well stop thinking about the blasted, spunky princess, but it simply was impossible. A full-blown space-battle might have distracted him from the topic, but certainly no quiet stroll through the jungle.

Han Solo, flirt extraordinaire,[i] had fallen in love[/i]. And with an insufferable, self-important princess at that.
    He scowled. She could go to hell for all he cared!
    Which, unfortunately didn't stop him from being all too aware of her attractiveness every time he was around her.

Looking about to check if anybody was around who might complain if he played around with his blaster a bit to let off some steam, he froze. There was not only [i]anybody[/i], there was [i]Leia[/i], standing his right in the middle of a small clearing open to the sky.

Immediately he thought of turning around and leaving ? he really wasn't in the mood for another argument ? but something in her posture stopped him short.
    Leia stood hunched over, a kind of weary aura exuding from her; in fact she didn't look self-confident at all, only lonely and pained.

Almost against his will he stepped closer.

?Leia??

She spun around to face him, quickly dashing away tears on her cheeks.

?Oh, it's you,? she said.
    [i]
    'Wow, that was enthusiastic,' [/i]he thought wryly, but she was speaking again already. ?I thought you were still at the festivities.?

He shrugged, walking over to her all the way. ?I needed some air. I'm not the celebrity-type.?

She laughed lightly, the clear sound sending shivers down his back. ?I imagine not.?

Turning away again to look up at the sky, she sighed quietly, a last ray of sunlight illuminating her face, making her ebony hair sparkle. Suddenly Han found it hard to breathe.

?Why are you out here?? he whispered.

Leia stiffened. ?That's none of your business,? she stated haughtily, but her tone couldn't quite hide the pain flashing through her beautiful brown eyes.

And in a rare display of insight, he remembered that she'd lost everything when the Death Star had blown up Alderaan.

?You haven't even taken the time to grieve yet, have you?? he asked softly, surprising even himself with the tenderness in his voice.

?There never was the time,? she admitted quietly, looking at him, a strange expression on her face. ?Things were moving so quickly.?

Then her gaze sharpened again. ?What does a scoundrel like you know about such things anyway??

?A scoundrel I may be, but even a blind Jawa would have noticed you're hurting. You need to deal with your loss,? he said, his trademark lopsided-smirk appearing on his face ,far from affronted by her accusation.

She laughed bitterly. ?Easy for you to say. I lost everything when the Empi

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the banter between Han and Leia and congrats on winning=D=

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    That was wonderful!! =D= Beautiful job. @};- You really nailed their characters in this early time- the compassion underneath Han's rough exterior that it took "the Princess" and "the kid" to bring out, the overwhelming sense of loss Leia must've felt. :( They all were alone, but then eventually became a family. [face_love]
    Lovely job and congrats on winning!! =D=[:D]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations on the win!!!!!!! Very well deserved! I love the voice you give Han here -- empathic, which probably surprised the socks off Leia ;) and his burgeoning but undenied (to himself anyway) attraction to her -- that kiss probably curled her toes and won't be something she'll forget soon. [face_dancing] It certainly cannot be categorized as just for solace LOL

They're on the brink of something really wonderful and really hot. Yay!

Squee!

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Han Solo, flirt extraordinaire, had fallen in love. And with an insufferable, self-important princess at that. That he did, at least he knows what's happening!

Aww... this is Han at his best, having the insight to know exactly what's bothering the princess and taking the time to try and help her through it a little, or to at least recognize that she needs to mourn her losses and let herself be comforted.

And at least Leia admitted that Han Solo was pretty unforgettable, even as she told him not to spill the beans on their kiss. A lovely kiss, too!

Well done!

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Awww, lovely! =D=

7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    ?Do I look like I have a suicide wish?? he retorted wryly. ?But I will not forget this.?

She sighed. ?I won't either,? she admitted. ?You are pretty unforgettable, Han Solo.?

?That I am,? he agreed, smirking.

That was good.
    Han Solo very unforgettable.[face_mischief]

=D=

8. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you so much!:*

dancing star: Thanks! [:D] I did try to keep them in character, I'm glad I succeeded:D

Jade eyes: :D That they are...and Han would be quick to deny it!

dm1: Thanks! [:D] Han at his best...yeah, that puts it pretty good...

Golden Jedi: Thank you so much!:*

Gkilkenny: That he is...pretty much actually;) Thanks![:D]

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Looking about to check if anybody was around who might complain if he played around with his blaster a bit to let off some steam, he froze

Am I the ONLY one to snicker at this? Me bad...I did.

You won't tell anybody about this.?

It wasn't a question.

?Do I look like I have a suicide wish?? he retorted wryly. ?But I will not forget this.?

Oh, that's them all right. Great characterization - sorry I missed this when it was first up.

10. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ah, that first kiss happened a lot quicker in your version! :D (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.