main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Fleeting Glimpse--post-Traitor AU (J/J, Kyp/OC) Sorry guys! 7/8/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Saber-of-Light, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    All right. It's my first story. I'm nervous! :D A couple of things:

1) Thanks to Goddess_Jaya for betaing this story. :)

2) DRL tends to make random grabs at me, so if I fall off the face of the forums/planet for a while, I'll be back. :)

3) I'm not as good as JPS, Mira, or others, but I'll give it a shot. [face_sheepish]

Anyways......please try not to throw up too badly at my writing. :D

Prologue

Family.

A simple word, yet far too complex in another sense. After all, Luke Skywalker had enough on his mind in the first place.
    He never knew his mother. Through years of searching, he had never discovered her identity. When Leia, his twin sister, had described her as ?beautiful but sad,? something had sparked in his mind. But no answers came. His father had destroyed the most evil being in the universe, after contributing to the malice and taking his life in the process. His nephew had sacrificed himself for the New Jedi Order, which in itself was fragmenting. His other nephew was missing, likely dead, though Leia thought otherwise. His only niece had brushed with the dark side of the Force, a troubling experience for her and all who loved her. And his son, Ben, was hidden far away, where it was safer. But the pain of being separated was unbearable. Home is where my family is, Luke had proclaimed. But what if his family was shattered and tossed in multiple directions? Time would tell. The only other possible source of answers was the Force. And it had chosen to reveal nothing- to him.

If I get at least one reply within the next 20 minutes :D , I'll post the next full-length post. That was just a teaser. :D

Saber

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    interesting. hmmm.

3. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Very intriguing SoL. Keep up the good work.

4. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    :D Posting...now.

Chapter 1
    Tremors

Mara Jade Skywalker was walking casually along a corridor in the Star Destroyer Mon Mothma, where she was staying after Borleias was taken. She was lost in her thoughts and- though she didn?t like to admit it to most people- worrying about her infant son Ben. Ben was hidden away with numerous other Jedi children in a station code-named Shelter. The rickety place was nestled among the black holes of the Maw. She wished that he was here with her, but where he was, he was much safer.

A voice in her head disrupted her thinking. He?s getting so adorable these days, isn?t he, Mara?

After all these years, he could still manage to annoy her... Get out of my head, Skywalker. Or else. I mean it...

You?re a Jedi Master, and anger and aggression are of the dark side.

Very funny, farmboy.

Anyways, we have to discuss something; Leia has something to tell us. Mara could sense mental shields around her husband, rendering him unreadable. She gave a sigh.

I get the drift already. I?m coming, and don?t do anything without me. She received a mental smirk from the Jedi Master.

I?m surprised you haven?t asked for details. You would think that you would know better than to jump into something that you barely know about, He teased. I?ll be waiting. By the way, Jaina?s coming, too.

What for?

She said she needed some advice.

Gee, another ?something that I barely know about,? huh?

She imagined his knowing chuckle. Yes, one of those things. Just get over here.
    When she felt him withdraw from her mind, Mara turned into a side corridor, heading over to their quarters.

Leia Organa Solo tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for her sister-in-law to arrive at Luke?s quarters. Her brother was sitting silently in the back of the room, deep in thought.

Then again, he could be meditating. She reached out to scan him with the Force, being careful not to disturb him if he really was in meditation.

But he was just thinking. About Jaina. I wonder if he knows something about what?s going on?

Over the past few weeks, Leia had noticed an array of different emotions coming from her daughter- definitely no dark-side feelings, either. Happiness, annoyance- with Wes Janson, if I recall correctly- playful disgust- at her pilots, I guess- and an odd sensation she?d never felt radiating from Jaina?s distinctly unique presence. Even being her mother wasn?t enough to identify it; Jacen would have been able to-

Leia cringed. Memories of her son hurt, whether he was alive or not.

Mara walked in, shaking Leia out of her pondering and making Luke jump a little.

?Doing some heavy thinking, are we, Skywalker?? she teased.

?I know, I know. Now, Leia has to tell us something.?

?If my memory hasn?t fried, I remember you telling me that already.?

?Shut up.? He mock-glared at her.

?Now who?s the angry one??

?Lay it off, Mara. Leia??

?Hmm? Oh, yeah.? Leia blinked. ?Sorry, I was thinking.?

?I figured out that much.?

Leia looked at her brother indignantly. ?Would you and Mara cut it out already? This is serious! And Jaina is still-?

?I?m still what??

?-not here,? Leia finished, half a second late.

?Well, now I am.? Jaina Solo stood smiling at her uncle, aunt, and mother. ?Sorry about that. I had to keep Kell from playing with his explosives. He?s on a ship, and I still I get the feeling that he doesn?t care if he blows a hole that lets all of the atmosphere out of the ship.?

?Why am I not surprised?? Luke shook his head. ?Have a seat,? he added, waving at the chair next to him. ?Moving on; you two had something to tell us??

The mood in the small room immediately dimmed. Leia?s expression collapsed into a clearly defined show of fatigue. She sighed. The room grew out of focus as she fell into the Force as a last-minute refuge.

?Leia?? Luke?s voice filtered in through the haze. Leia shook her

5. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    It seemed long to me, not Mira-style long. But longer than most of my posts. Don't worry about it. Just post whatever length comes out.
    Keep up the great work.

6. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    What I had in mind was JPS-long. That is just amazing. I don't know how she manages to post so frequently and long.

Thankies! :D I'm still nervous about the feedback, though...

7. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    She probably all ready has it all written out and its probably 100 pages on a word processor. Every time she posts she probably lets out 2 to 3 pages.
    I don't know though. It's just a guess.

8. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    More like 5 pages. I wrote that post up there, and it took up 3 pages, and it's much shorter than hers.

Anyone else, I have to leave, I'll check back in a couple of hours.

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I like this! I will definitely read this and support you in your first try as a fanfic writer.

:D

Looking forward to more! :)

I especially loved the little things between Luke and Mara - you've caputured their little mind squabbles pretty well! :)

10. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great start, SoL!! :D

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    great job on the beginning! how can you think that people wouldn't like it? it's great!

12. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    (runs in) I found it!

Great post Saber! :D

Had to start off by giving you my trademark repsonse. Maybe I should put a patent out on it or something. :) You put me as your number one announcement? [face_blush] Aw, you shouldn't have. You did all that by yourself. And what is that I see in your title? Kyp/OC? Sounds interesting. I should be around 'til at least 8 eastern time tonight. Just in case you want to send me anything. :p :D

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    KYP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

You know you got me with that, didn't you?? ;)

*hugs saber*

I'm so glad you're writing! And it doesn't matter if it's not long, as long as that means we get more posts more frequently... :D

Anyways, a great start and...

[catchphrase]Is it too soon to ask for more?[/catchphrase]

14. AnakahSkywalker03

AnakahSkywalker03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2002
    Great start!! I look forward to reading more! :D

15. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I took one look at my post, and realized, Heck, am i ever going to learn to write long posts? Answer: Probably not. I NEED LESSONS!!!

Look at some of my earlier posts ;) You'll learn :D

Now my Tahiri vignette... THAT is short :eek:

16. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    I'M NOT USED TO BEING THE AUTHOR!! AAACK! Ahem. Thanks for all of the feedback! :D I never though that I'd be this well-received!

Liz- What's this? One of the greatest L/M writers out there congratulating me? :p Thanks!

Jade- YAY! You're here!!!!! :D Thank you!

Lt_JS- LOL, you were right in your promise when you said you'd read. Thanks! :)

Jaya- :D You're a beta! Being a beta myself, I know that we deserve special recognition. SO I gave it to you. :p I sent something to you. Guess I'm late, huh?

JJD- Why else do you think I put him in the subject? :p The OC comes in wayyyy later on, but you'll get to see Kyp in the next post. :D

Anakah- Thankies! :D Readers are cherished. ;)

fishi- As your former **cough** beta, ;) I should know. :D Thanks!!

New post up tomorrow, depending on when Jaya gets it back to me. :D
    I am sooooo happy that I got good feedback.

Hugs, ;)
    Saber

17. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    *hug*

YES! Kyp in the next post!!!!!! That makes me happy!

18. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    ?Sorry about that. I had to keep Kell from playing with his explosives. He?s on a ship, and I still I get the feeling that he doesn?t care if he blows a hole that lets all of the atmosphere out of the ship.?

LOL! how very Kell! great start, SoL! can't wait for more!! :D

19. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Hey you!!

That wasn't cheesy!! That was a great start to your story!! *gives encouraging hug to the person guarding my body*

I really liked it, and it was a nice set-up for things to come!

Keep it up!! :D

20. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    :D

Thanks, j_g! :D I try to keep people in charater. Try.[i/]

OH MY GOD!!! Mira has actually graced my humble thread with her presence! :p That said, thankies! My next post will hopefully be better.

21. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Good start, Saber!! :D Now, this makes... 8 J/J stories that I'm reading. ;) But I'm always looking forward to more to add to my favorites!! ;)

22. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks, Leah! It makes me blush to know that people whose stories I read are visiting my lowly thread. ;)

Everyone else, I'm hitting the hay. ;) Thank you for my very first, best day as an author! I hope to keep you as readers! Now let's see if I can convince my brother, RootLeafICook, to read this... :p

23. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    I enjoyed your first post Saber. It was really cool.

Can't wait for more!!

Chase

24. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    How'd you get Mira to read your story?

25. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    A good start. it wasn't cheese or short. Looking forward to the next post.

Jez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.