main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Fleeting Glimpse--post-Traitor AU (J/J, Kyp/OC) Sorry guys! 7/8/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Saber-of-Light, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Good start! ;) *Keeps eye on thread.* Post again soon!

2. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Great start Saber.

3. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Here's a morning up for you Saber. And Congrats on two pages already! :D

4. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    I just found this this morning and I like it a lot. :)

5. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    2 PAGES ALREADY!!?!?! :D :D :D

Chase- Thanks, fellow servant of Mira! ;)

Yoda- I'm Mira's bodyguard. :D

Jez- Hi! Nice to see you again! Thanks! :)

lexu- Thankies! :D

Jedi_Johnson- Thanks! :)

Jaya- Thanks! I sent you another post. ;)

colly- Thanks! :D

For getting me to two pages, here's another post! :D

Jaina leaned against the wall, standing in the hallway outside of her quarters. ?I have no idea what to say,? she mumbled to the person standing quietly next to her, regarding her with a worried gaze.

?And what, exactly, do you mean by that?? Kyp Durron looked at her as if she?d suddenly taken leave of her senses.

She looked up, a dim version of the famous Solo half-smile appearing on her face. ?If he was in my place, Wedge would be saying ?I?m not going to say it,? then think, ?I?m getting too old for this.? My dad would be either sitting with his head in his hands, muttering about things that happened before I was born, or cursing his head off. I, on the other hand, have no idea what my trademark is. What do you think??

The Jedi Master raised an eyebrow. ?From what I can tell, it?s good that you don?t have one. Between an old Corellian smuggler and an old Corellian pilot, I?d say that Corellia has plenty to say.?

Jaina finally seemed to lighten up. ?I guess so.?
    A few moments passed. Then Kyp said, ?So Jacen?s actually alive? I wonder how he exactly got away from...wherever he was. He?s going to have a lot to tell us.?

Jaina looked away. ?He?s changed. I don?t know in what way, or if that?s a bad thing, but things are going to be a lot different. And we?ll just have to see what the Force does or doesn?t reveal.? Another silence followed.

?How are the Master Skywalkers taking this??

?Aunt Mara is still recovering. Uncle Luke has been through so much lately, and what with Ben being kidnapped, and...? The pain of Anakin?s death still rang, echoing, in her mind- ?and everything else, he?s latched completely on to the hope that his nephew is still alive.?

He thought about that. Master Skywalker had been through a lot. He had raised his shields over many of his experiences. But the tragedies of the past time had worn him down.

Jaina continued, ?As for my parents, Mom is ridiculously happy, but there?s-? she couldn?t tell him about the warning from the Force- ?something else on her mind. Dad is purely happy, but a bit unsure; it?s times like this that I?m glad he?s Force-blind; otherwise he?d have had to deal with all the pain before this.?

Suddenly, Kyp remembered something. ?Pardon me for asking, but aren?t you supposed to be acting like a stuck-up divinity right now?? He saw no visible change in her expression. Her thought was I?m not in the mood, but a smile started to creep up her face.

?Dare not speak to me in such a way, mortal!? she snapped, standing tall. Kyp groaned.

Note to self: never give ideas to Jaina Solo.

There?s something out there. Someone, perhaps. Someone who wants to do...what?

His eyes were half-closed in concentration.

?Stretch out with your feelings, little Solo. If your are trying to see the future, you must be at complete calm, total stillness- the Force moves constantly, and if you are not in complete harmony with it, or as much as possible, nothing will be clear.?

A typical lesson from Vergere.

?You must be able to feel everything around you; the air, the stars, the ship- be as one. When you are submerged, what the Force chooses to show you will be clear.?

He closed his eyes completely, surrounding himself with the brilliant Force; still he achieved nothing more.

?Perhaps it has nothing to show. Well, that is enough for now.? The avian creature observed him as he came out of his cloud of deep focus; Jacen Solo stretched, blinking as if he had just woken from a good night?s sleep.

?How far is it until we reach the place where my family is??

?You know where they are; therefore, shouldn?t you know how far it is??

He sighed. ?Yes.?

?Good.? Vergere?s cr

6. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    No one here? :(

7. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    <runs in after class> I'm here! :p Great post, SoL! :D

8. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm leaving. :( No one's here. Ah, well, can't expect too much. :(

EDIT: Jade! You're here! :D Thanks!

9. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    You're welcome ;)

10. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Lovely post LoS. :)

11. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great job, SoL. I am enjoying you're story, and am anxiously waiting for the next post, but I am patient so I can wait.

12. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Your post was great Saber.

A little foreshadowing at the end...I like it!

You wrote Jacen & Vegere(spelling) very nicely.

Can't wait for more!!!

13. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Just found this...melikes.

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    saber, don't get discouraged!

It takes awhile for people to find good stories - plus, some people have started school again

That was a really good post...... :)

Jaina was so cool, calling him a "mortal".....she should have called him an "infidel"! ;)

And, I was flattered that you said I was one of the best L/M story writers, but I have to admit that my early work wasn't that great. ;)

Your readers'll come, don't worry! :)

15. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Wonderful post Saber! :D

What can I say? Kyp's last thought was classic, Vergere and Jacen's bantering were dead on, and you introduced a mysterious character who intends harm to infidels. I think the last one has the most potential. [face_devil]

16. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    great post, SoL! sorry for taking so long to respond!

17. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    SOME of us have to go to... SCHOOL! :p

Tres bien, mon amie. Je prefere grand, mais petite est bien ;)

18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    two shameless plugs.

can someone go post on JediWarriorYoda's thread so that she'll start her next post?
    her story is Never Say Never....

anyone who is waiting impatiently (like me) for SoL's next post can come check out my story...........

sorry, SoL, couldn't resist, considering the amount of plugging that you've done... :D ;)

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

JACEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

And KYP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

20. AnakahSkywalker03

AnakahSkywalker03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2002
    Having to pose as an infidel and live among them was really enough, but spending every other moment living on a pure abomination was far too much. He had given up his identity- his name- in service of the gods. He would willingly live on a ship-abomination. But that never meant he had to like it.

All that mattered was that he did his duty to the gods and others that served them.

Oooh...the plot thickens!! [face_devil]

Note to self: never give ideas to Jaina Solo.

Good ol' Kyp... ;) I wish I could walk around acting like a goddess....excellent post, SoL!!

21. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Reviews! :D I never thought that I'd get so many readers! :D Thanks!

colly- Thanks! :)

Yoda- Thanks! I know, you're anxious. So am I. :D

Chase- I love these remarks. ;) Thanks!

Zara- Welcome! You're not really late, so join in! Thanks!

Liz- I know, but I'm a new author. :p I'll learn. Thanks! :D

Jaya- :D You already know the next post, so stop acting like you haven't read. Although you're supposed to act like you haven't read. :p Thanks!

Lt_JS- Thanks! Yes, I have plugged a lot...but speak for yourself! oh, wait, you did... :p

fishi- Hey, so do I. :p I don't understand what you're saying, but I know enough to say Thanks! :D

JJD- :D I knew you'd like that. ;) And it is a little too soon to ask for more...or not? [face_devil]

Anakah- Thankies! :D Kyp; some love him, some hate him, and some (JJD and the people she converted) can't live without him. :p

All right, that's all for today; Thank you all for reviewing! I never (except in my wildest dreams ;) ) anticipated so many readers. I hope that you continue to like this, and expect a new post tomorrow. Or after that. I'm playing hide-and-seek with DRL. :p

Hugs, ;)
    Saber

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    i'll be waiting for it SoL!

23. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    Ah, well Darth School has restricted some things, and Darth Parents have restricted me to going on the Internet only twice a week after school starts 3 days from now. :( I'll do my best, though. :D

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    i have a little over a week before school starts. soccer try-outs start tomorrow and there are two three hour sessions in one day! and i'm only allowed to read fanfiction for an hour a day

don't worry, i know how you feel!

25. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Awwwww sorry bout the limited net time Saber.

Have no fear my cohort in Mira defending and promoting! I'll keep watching this thread for new posts and updates no matter how long it takes ya!

You really are doing a wonderful job with your story. It's your first one so don't be too hard on yourself about the length of your posts. Short or lengthy as long as they are as good as the first few we'll take um!

Chase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.