main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A for Amidala [LotF AU] *Spoilers for Bloodlines*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Disclaimer: I own nothing! It?s all George Lucas' world; I?m just hanging out for a while. Sue me and get nothing. I?m in charity work AKA nearly broke.

Author Note: First off, this story contains spoilers for the just released novel Bloodlines, so consider yourself duly warned.

Second, the italicized text found in the opening chapter is not mine, but is taken directly from the tone poem One Will released prior to the opening of The Phantom Menace. Though it was never used in the actual film, it?s presence in this story will be explained later.

Title: A for Amidala
    Characters: Dramatis personae is forthcoming.
    Type: AU
    Era: Legacy (Post-Bloodlines)
    Genre: General
    Summary: Jacen Solo continues his quest to become a Sith Lord, while a face from the past takes the fight to the Galactic Alliance Guard.
    Author: JD.
    Feedback: Want it. Need it. Crave it. Clear enough? :confused:

A for Amidala

Where once had stood the makeshift command center of the Galactic Alliance Guard within the Corellian section of Coruscant, there was now only rubble. Smoke rose from the smoldering remains of what had been the heart of the GA Guard?s presence in the Corellian section, and cheering could be heard coming from those of Corellian lineage locked inside their homes. Nowhere else on Coruscant was the tension more palpable than within the confines of this section of the city-planet. The Galactic Alliance Guard, under the leadership of Colonel Jacen Solo, ruled the area with a durasteel fist, and they made no apologies for it. Terrorism would not be tolerated on the Alliance capital, and those who supported it would be made to suffer.

Yet despite the Galactic Alliance Guard?s best efforts, there was still unrest. The local citizenry was strictly controlled and monitored, yet still the Guard?s command center lay in ruins. Once a symbol of strength and order, it was now a mass of twisted metal, broken duracrete and shattered glass, as fractured as the Alliance which had built it. The bodies of dead and wounded Alliance personnel littered the ground, as rescue workers and newly arrived guardsmen did what they could to restore order. And in the midst of this chaos stood one small section of a broken wall, the words of those responsible for the destruction scrawled upon it for all to see.

There are things I cannot do
    I cannot watch while people suffer
    I cannot sit when something must be done
    I cannot judge those who are different

Run
    Hide
    Ignore

But there are certainly things I will do

Jacen Solo read the words in silence, his eyes narrowed. This was the fifth time he?d had to read those words, and he was growing tired of it. He wouldn?t abide terrorism anywhere in the galaxy, much less on Coruscant. This was his home planet, at least as much as anywhere was having grown up the way he had. But more than that, Coruscant was the seat of the Alliance?s power, and that power had to be respected. The rebels who sided with Corellia had to be taught a lesson, and he was more than eager to take up the role of teacher.

?Colonel Solo??

Jacen glanced over one shoulder at the approaching form of a Major in the Galactic Alliance Guard, his uniform without a wrinkle to it. ?Report, Major,? he directed.

?Sir, I?m afraid the news isn?t good.?

Jacen could practically taste the man?s fear. He wanted to be anywhere but in Jacen?s presence now, and that suited Lumiya?s apprentice just fine. ?Go on.?

?Yes, sir. Well, you see, sir, there?s... there?s nothing.?

?Nothing, Major?? Jacen quirked an eyebrow, his voice cold yet curious.

?None of our men seem capable of giving an accurate account of what transpired, sir. They remember being attacked, but their descriptions of their attackers are, well, vague.?

?Are they now?? Jacen pressed, his eyes returning to the words scrawled on the wall before him.

?Yes, sir. We?ve been unable to get a description of the person or per

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    JD: More?! :cool: =P~ :D

I like this...

Let me see... we have V for Vendetta... Padmé's poetry... Anakin's lightsaber... and Jacen turning into Tarkin...

And with regard to the vibe I get from Jacen here, a couple more pertinent thoughts bouncing off the Skywalker legacy...

"Do not be too proud of this ideological Terror you have created...."

"The more you tighten your grip, the more worlds will slip through your fingers..."

Looking forward to finding out where you go with this! :cool: :D

- The Imperial Ewok

3. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    H for Hooked!

That's what I am!

Who is taking Anakin's lightsaber? I'm dying to find out which Jedi are going against the Alliance...It would make sense that it's Tesar and Lowie because they so intensely disagreed with the way Luke/Jedi handled things in TDN and since 'someone' on Kashyyk *scratches head and wonders why planet recall part of brain is so slow this morning* needs a lightsaber, and wasn't accounted for (at least I don't think so) in Betrayl (unlike Tahiri)...and will probably be going against Anakin's brother...I'm going to guess that they are the ones helping Leia and Han...

When are you posting again.

I LURV Dark Jacen. So...comanding [face_love]

I supose I need to read Betrayal again to be sure I'm totally up to date on the Corellian Conflict before Bloodlines arrives but I have to say that this is the first thing I've read (not that I've had much time for fic of late) that got me excited about the future prospects.

Fabulous post. I'm really lookin gforward to more.

Preggers

4. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Thrawn McEwok: JD: More?!

We?ll see. ;)

I like this...

I thought you might, my friend.

Let me see... we have V for Vendetta... Padmé's poetry... Anakin's lightsaber... and Jacen turning into Tarkin...

Yep, that about sums it up.

And with regard to the vibe I get from Jacen here, a couple more pertinent thoughts bouncing off the Skywalker legacy...

Oh?

"Do not be too proud of this ideological Terror you have created...."

[face_laugh] True, very true.

"The more you tighten your grip, the more worlds will slip through your fingers..."

Time will tell, I suppose.

Looking forward to finding out where you go with this!

Always good to hear that.

pregnantpadme: H for Hooked!

Woohoo! [face_dancing]

That's what I am!

*more dancing* :p

Who is taking Anakin's lightsaber? I'm dying to find out which Jedi are going against the Alliance...It would make sense that it's Tesar and Lowie because they so intensely disagreed with the way Luke/Jedi handled things in TDN and since 'someone' on Kashyyk *scratches head and wonders why planet recall part of brain is so slow this morning* needs a lightsaber, and wasn't accounted for (at least I don't think so) in Betrayl (unlike Tahiri)...and will probably be going against Anakin's brother...I'm going to guess that they are the ones helping Leia and Han...

The person who took Anakin?s blade will be revealed in due time. [face_mischief] As for the other questions you?ve posed...

[face_devil]

All I?ll say for the moment is that nothing is what it seems. Okay, maybe one thing is, but the rest... [face_mischief]

When are you posting again.

Soon, I hope.

I LURV Dark Jacen. So...comanding

He is Vader?s grandson, after all.

I supose I need to read Betrayal again to be sure I'm totally up to date on the Corellian Conflict before Bloodlines arrives but I have to say that this is the first thing I've read (not that I've had much time for fic of late) that got me excited about the future prospects.

I?m flattered! [face_blush]

Fabulous post. I'm really lookin gforward to more.

See above. [face_blush] :D

5. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    please add me to the pm list if there is one

great start

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    JD:

The Galactic Alliance Guard, under the leadership of Colonel Jacen Solo, ruled the area with a durasteel fist, and they made no apologies for it. Terrorism would not be tolerated on the Alliance capital, and those who supported it would be made to suffer.

Jacen had quite a push up ? Colonel? :p

Yet despite the Galactic Alliance Guard?s best efforts, there was still unrest. The local citizenry was strictly controlled and monitored, yet still the Guard?s command center lay in ruins.

not good enough monitored? ;)
    but there is always a way, isn?t it? A guard who lets himself paid for information, to let something slip [face_thinking]

Once a symbol of strength and order, it was now a mass of twisted metal, broken duracrete and shattered glass, as fractured as the Alliance which had built it.

always strong symbol are the first target ... *shrugs*
    And innocent who have to pay the price for it :(

I cannot watch while people suffer
    I cannot sit when something must be done
    I cannot judge those who are different

Run
    Hide
    Ignore

But there are certainly things I will do

Interesting rhyme [face_thinking]

Jacen Solo read the words in silence, his eyes narrowed. This was the fifth time he?d had to read those words, and he was growing tired of it.

the fifth time already? Someone isn?t doing his job properly :p

Jacen could practically taste the man?s fear. He wanted to be anywhere but in Jacen?s presence now, and that suited Lumiya?s apprentice just fine. ?Go on.?

HAH!

?Yes, sir. I mean, well, only Jedi could do this much damage alone and not leave a trace,? reasoned the major. ?Given that and the Jedi?s loyalty, it must be a rebel cell.?

[face_mischief] who said that??

?No, sir. Not at all, but... surely you don?t believe a Jedi would betray the Alliance like this, Colonel??

the ways of the Force are often unknown :p

?My mother did,? Jacen retorted easily.

isn?t betraying always depending on the POV? :p

?I see, sir. These terrorists are clever indeed.?

I would pick a very alive Anakin Solo and his cute girlfriend ;)

Far from the Corellian section of Coruscant, on the Wookie homeworld of Kashyyyk, the symbol of a fallen hero was removed from its resting place...

[face_mischief] hah! I have known it :D

This one desires more! :D :p

Great start

~Lady Mags @};- ~

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    frankieskywalker: please add me to the pm list if there is one

I can do that, sure.

great start

Thank you for saying so. :)

Maggy: Jacen had quite a push up ? Colonel?

Weird, isn?t it?

not good enough monitored?
    but there is always a way, isn?t it? A guard who lets himself paid for information, to let something slip

That?s possible. Or the enemy could just be smarter than Jacen and his thugs. ;) [face_laugh]

always strong symbol are the first target ... *shrugs*
    And innocent who have to pay the price for it

True on both counts! It?s a shame, really. :(

Interesting rhyme

My favorite DVD extra for TPM. ;)

the fifth time already? Someone isn?t doing his job properly

Shush! Jacen might here you. [face_laugh] But you?re not wrong. [face_mischief]

HAH!

He?s a bad man...

who said that??

Someone stupid.

the ways of the Force are often unknown

Right you are, Lady Mags. :)

isn?t betraying always depending on the POV?

Jacen should be listening to you, you know that? :D

I would pick a very alive Anakin Solo and his cute girlfriend

You know me so well. ;)

hah! I have known it

Indeed!

This one desires more!

Then this one shall endeavor to write more. :p

Great start

You?re too kind, Lady Mags. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.