main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Forbidden Practical Joke: starring Typo and Claws (Dec. Essential OC Challenge response)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Written for the December Essential OC Challenge:
    "Hero Worship! Everyone looks up to someone, and your OC gets the chance to take a closer look at his/her hero. Does the hero measure up? Does your OC notice if s/he doesn't? Does your OC turn into a creepy stalker? Inquiring minds want to know."

I used my OC Master/Padawan team Claws & Typo for this one. I hope you enjoy it, my dear! Happy Holidays, and all that!

~!~

Rain dripped obnoxiously on his datapad, soft yet lethally wet. At first he tried to ignore it. Glaring up at the sky, Claws pulled up the hood of his robe and shaded the delicate electronic device from the rain.

This gesture was quickly followed by an odd smell.

Claws looked around. He was sitting out on the tall showy steps of the Jedi Temple doing some crunch-time studying before he and his Padawan were sent off on a mission the next day. There were other beings milling about, sheltering themselves from the rain with umbrellas and hoods, but none of them were close enough for him to smell. Then the odd smell must be coming from him. He discreetly sniffed under his arms.

Nope.

It was an acrid smell, like smoke, but not organic smoke. Then he saw it. A thin tendril of smoke rising from the folds of his Jedi robe.

Giving a startled yell, Claws leapt to his feet. The datapad clattered to the wet ground, smoking and sparking. Then the datapad kept falling. ?Oh no, oh no, oh no!?

Ignoring his own gently smoking robes, he chased after it.

Long as his legs were, the datapad clinked and clunked down the steps faster then he could run down them.

At last it stopped twenty steps down from where it had begun. Panting, Claws reached down to scoop the datapad up.

As if by it?s own will, the datapad sailed through the air and again began falling down the stairs.

Claws didn?t stop to puzzle over this. He chased after the datapad again. This time it stopped a bit sooner, falling only ten stairs. Claws again reached down for it---and once again it sailed off.

This time Claws did stop. He scratched his head confusedly.

Then he heard laughter.

~!~

Typo was a good Padawan, generally. He almost-always obeyed. He almost always did his best to please his Master. He almost never got into trouble.

The reason for this was the great respect and awe he had for his Master. There was not a Master or Padawan that could be more different.

Typo himself was small and pale, and somewhat sickly. His brown eyes contrasted badly with his pale hair?or so he thought?and the spectacles he had to wear over his eyes were most unattractive. His demeanor was shy and meek. He had no friends his age, and was not at all popular among the other Padawans.

His Master Claws, however, was an exceedingly popular young Jedi Knight. He was dark-skinned and handsome, with a wonderful afro atop his head. He was optimistic and care-free, with a cheery, joking matter that attracted other beings to him like nikrats to food scraps.

He was everything Typo wanted, wished, and strived to be.

So as he watched his Master drop his datapad and stumble about clumsily, he simply could not resist such an opportunity. Usually his Master was so confident, and self-assured. Typo had never seen his Master in such an embarrassing predicament.

Typo knew the object in question was a very expensive datapad that his Master had rented from the Archives for a rather considerable sum, but?.

Chuckling amusedly, he twitched the datapad on its way.

Claws chased after it, robe flapping behind him, legs flying, face horrified.

Typo?s chuckle quickly turned into outright laughter. He began to laugh so hard that he could no longer lead the datapad on it?s downward descent. He did not even notice Claws climbing the steps toward him, a mischievous?and slightly annoyed?grin on his face.

Through tears of laughter Typo finally spotted his Master. His eyes widened and his cheer was quickly washed away. ?Oh! Um, Master! Fancy seeing you here!?

?Rascal! I?ll get you!

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a great response to the challenge! :D

?Rascal! I?ll get you!? Claws leapt at his Padawan, growling menacingly.

Typo screamed?half from fear, half from amusement?and raced off.

The two dashed through the Coruscant rain, laughing and screaming. Innocent bystanders dove out of their way, glancing curiously at their Jedi robes.

Perhaps this Master and Padawan were not so different after all.

Aw...loved it. [face_love]

=D=

3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I love the name Typo. That's awesome. :)

I enjoyed this story a lot. :D I never really thought about Jedi and practical jokes, but now I can see how chaotic and downright fun pranks could be with Force powers, LOL.

Perhaps this Master and Padawan were not so different after all.

This was a great line. It was cool to see how well Claws and Typo got along and how alike they were even though they were different in so many other ways. I hope Typo realized he was like his hero as well. :)

Great job! =D=

-Thumper

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Haha, Force pranks. This reminds me a bit of KOTOR, when Mission asks Bastila if she ever uses the Force for pranks, and Bastila denies it, but trips Mission anyway. :p Hehe. Jedi? Mature? Never. :D

Anyway, this was a really fun response to the challenge. Great job!

5. thusspakezarathustra

thusspakezarathustra Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2006
    LOL :D Thanks for this - I needed a good giggle.

Then the odd smell must be coming from him. He discreetly sniffed under his arms.

Nope.

It was an acrid smell, like smoke, but not organic smoke. Then he saw it. A thin tendril of smoke rising from the folds of his Jedi robe.

Ha - he IS hot stuff then? ;) Loved it.

6. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Thanks muches!!!

Thumper09: Thank you, Thumper! Your review made me smile. :)

Commander-DWH: The more I hear about KOTOR, the more intrigued about it I get. Thanks for reading!

thusspakezarathustra: HAHA! Yes, exactly! Glad this made you laugh. Thanks for R&Ring!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.