main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Force Backlash

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedimarine, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Given the radical turn in philosophy of the NJO and the blurring of Lucas' vision of a distinct "good vs. evil" struggle in Star Wars, is there going to be a stricter return to this idea in the post NJO books?

With all this time we are waiting on them, they have to be thinking hard on something...I hope...please...so we have good new stories...for the first time in years...please...for the love of all...please!!!!!

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I still think it'll always be good versus evil I think the only aspect that has changed is that it it shows that following your heart is a good thing whereas following an ideal because it can provide the perfect solution regardless of cost is a bad thing.

this can be seen in real life with fanatics following ideals because they believe them to be true (Vong) regardless of the impact on other people, whereas the rest of us have followed our hearts and have hopefully had a positive impact on those we have touched.

The force covers this aspect, with people acting from their heart the force is not dark, however if the person acts with a willing approach to hurt somebody or something then it is dark because it is an evil approach to take.

As Vergere says Anger is a positive emotion it must be there for a reason so if you can control your anger yet let it rule your heart to allow you to get a solution without going out of yourway to hurt somebody they you have not acted darkly however if you let the anger control you and you get to your solution by any means necessary that that is dark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.