main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A formal invitation to you from Talon Squadron!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, May 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I must be an idiot, but I would like to start recruiting some new posters for Talon Intelligence Squadron. We have about 4 positions open and some new ones are about to open. Would you like to join? Please come to the official TIS EZ-board and message the squadron or give me a message here.

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Any creative writers who have the time to post fairly regularly are welcome in Talon Squad. Don't worry about being familiar with the storyline. We can brief you on that later. Post a character outline here and TSL or I can set you up.
    thanks
    Idiots Array

3. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
  4. Jedi_Master_Insei

Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2000
    Since TS Squadron seems to be failing, why the heck not. How many years after ROTJ is this storyline?

5. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    I never really figured that out. I figure it just about after the time the Luke and Mara's Wedding. The Empire has collapsed and a new Mercenary Sith Lord has risen to power.

6. Jedi_Master_Insei

May 1, 2000
    So, that would place it 20 or more years after ANH, 16 or more after ROTJ. That's a long time. Cool. Maybe I will join, unless TS Squad elects me as the head or if TS Leader ever shows up... (I'm in three other squads!)

7. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Hey, no pressure! Idiot's Array and I are just looking for some loyal posters. We have had a lot of drop outs, etc. The story is progressing nicely and we would like to have some new characters to spice up the plot a little.

8. Jedi_Master_Insei

May 1, 2000
    Want a guy who'll blow up stuff at random (just by hotwiring it)?

"Hey, guys, check out the new R2 unit I-KABBOOOOOM!"

9. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    We haven't had an explosive's expert in a long while. Yes, that sounds like a plan.

10. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
  11. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I agree with TSL, we could use an explosives expert. Write up a character outline and we'll work you into the story.

12. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    Up. Long live Talon Squdron (and no, it isn't failing at all)

13. Jedi_Master_Insei

May 1, 2000
    Ok. Gonna write the profile for Mr. Bloweverythingupwithinatenmileradius right now. Uppers!

14. Jedi_Master_Insei

May 1, 2000
    Name: Insei Starborne

Sex: Male

Species: Human

Height: 5?7??

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Brown

Strengths: Insei is a very calm, reserved character. He is known for his skills with exploives and surveillance equipment.

Weaknesses: A product of being calm and reserved, Insei is very reclusive and tends to stick to himself most of the time, resisting outside contact or interference. He prefers to work alone and is prone to his own feelings, causing some ?explosions,? so to say.

History: Insei was only 4 years old when he watched the second Death Star?s explosion played across the holonet. Just watching the shards of metal fly out from the expanding fireball turned him to the life of explosives. Joining the New Republic Navy upon the age of 16, Insei loved to be in the huge battles, especially the ones between capital ships, where lots of explosions occurred.

Talents: Things that go ?Boom!? Spying, combustibles, starfighters, blowing up stuff.

Favorite Quote: You see that droid over there?? BOOOOOM! ?Now you don?t.?

15. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Welcome aboard! The position of Talon 10 is now yours.

16. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Could I have a wee part? Just a VERY wee part, I'm not used to this and I don't want to let anyone down. I haven't posted any stories before, which is a bit of a disadvantage. I haven't read any of the Talon Squadron stuff (but I will from now on, I promise!!) so I really, really need briefed on the storyline and I don't like to post a character bio just now in case I get something wrong. And it can't be a very technical character, I don't know much about that. You probably don't want me now after all that! Well, it gets worse...I have exams on right now, although the most of them are pretty much done now. Wish me luck for the rest, I need it (desperately!). But I'd really like to be in the squadron, if you'll put up with me!

17. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Welcome aboard Insei. I have an idea about how to work you into the story. What if - since all the Talons except Homer have been relieved from duty - Homer and Insei are told by the NR to start a new Talon squad, since our 'treason' has tarnished the Talon name. Homer and I discussed this idea and he seems to be agreeable.

Idiots Array

[This message has been edited by Idiots Array (edited 05-18-2000).]

18. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Hey if you can post often enough to stay fairly adept to the story line, you belong in this FanFic. Just think of it as being a Soap Opera, and all you need to know is the basic plot. The members are always willing to help fellow members keep up, so if you would like to join, make up a bio and get to some posting!

19. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Sounds like a good idea, Idiot's Array. BTW, you may need to update the roster, I don't have the authority to change your post.

20. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey jedi jaffacake I think I speak for everyone when I say that our biggest concern is reliability. We need people who can write consistently.

I know that any type of group fanfic is a great place to begin your writing career. (I know I did; way back with theForce.Net squad) So experience is not quite as much of a requirement.

And if you are concerned about not being familiar with the previous story, don't worry. We can give you a synopsis. Besides your character would be new to the squad and won't be expected to know about all of our past missions.

So like I said, if you can post on a fairly regular basis, write up a character outline and we will consider you for a position in the squad.

Idiots Array

21. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Quit taking my lines, Idiot's Array!

22. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
  23. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
  24. Captain Proton

Captain Proton Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2000
    How consistent is consistently?

*Is thinking about it, but is rather busy*

25. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Once in a while, meaning that you keep up with the new chapters and post at least two or three times per thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.