main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A formal invitation to you from Talon Squadron!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, May 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plo Time

Plo Time Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2000
    What program works best for doing lightsaber effects for fan films? I don't exactly have the budget for high priced software. Thanks guys!

2. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Ck. out the HOW-TO sections at the Theatre on TFN. Clay used a cheap editing package to do their sabers. You can also study the methods employed and see if you app can do it. Basically what we're talking about is simple 2D editing tools, lens and glow features, and a way of importing footage. So you're talking about bringing in filmstrips into Photoshop, or using a non-linear editing package like Premeire, After FX, Ulead Media Studio, etc.

3. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I am sounding more and more like Lokmer every day, it seems. To steal a page from his book, I recommend using Axogon Composer ( http://www.axogon.com). Instead of having to draw the blade in every frame, you can draw it once with as many vertexes as you want and reposition it every frame. Lightsabers here look as good as anywhere else. It is faster and more efficient. Blaster bolts are also REALLY easy in Axogon. For more info, see the tutorial in the software section of TFN Theater.

Paul
    Director/FX, "Patriot Wars"
    Writer, "The Son of the Sun"

4. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    I recommend Photoshop 5.5

It is the best! Well, I like it anyway. You can get a fantastic looking lightsaber from it!

Premiere does a good job with the sounds. I used both Photoshop and Premiere to fix up the short test footage of "Empire Reborn". I put in saber sounds, and I touched up the blades. (Hey, don't get angry, I was bored! I won't put it online or anything!)

DM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.