main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Forum for Expanded Universe Newbies (spoiler-free discussion)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoeMacbeth, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeMacbeth

JoeMacbeth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    This thread is for all Star War junkies who have only recently began to read the Star Wars literature. I personally have only read Dark Lords of the Sith, Shadows of the Empire and Crimson Empire but have enjoyed all three and am looking to discuss the books while I venture further into the Expanded Universe.

2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Dark Lords of the Sith comic?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think we had something like this a very long time ago, but this'll be fine as a new thread.

I'm just going to add/ask that people mask major spoilers (character deaths, plot resolutions, etc) in black.

Use this markup tag like this: (hl=black)text you want to mask(/hl) just replace the ( ) marks with [ ]

That will result with, for example: "And when Jimmy died I was mad."

4. JoeMacbeth

JoeMacbeth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    Firstly has anyone read crimson empire? I thought it was brilliant, for once an Expanded Universe writer focused on a unique character. Not another jedi or smuggler or bounty hunter but a member of Palpatine's royal guard. The character Kir Kanos (hope thats the right spelling) is fantastic, a classic anti-hero who in the end unexpectantly doesn't aid the republic and become a hero instead he fufills his own selfish desires. Brilliant!

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I have not read it in a long time, but the moment from that comic that I remember with the most fondness was the scene where Lusankya drops out of hyperspace on top od Steadfast with the bright red starhawks emblazoned on the sides. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.