main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Forum per Classic Film?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by grakogator, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grakogator

grakogator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2003
    This has probably been asked many times before,but why are'nt the Classic trilogy in there own individual Forums?

ie;A New Hope Forum.
    The Empire Strikes Back Forum.
    Return Of The Jedi Forum.

I know i'm probably just being greedy because I love exploring all area's of TFN and find there is so much to talk about on each Forum about each film.

I do like the Prequel trilogy very much and enjoy following the updates on the recent 2 films and the build up to Episode 3 but why must these films have there own individual Forums whilst the Classic Trilogy is all put together on one Forum?

I'd love to see them spanned out more with there own individual Forums......but hell i'm just being greedy!

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    The individual films may not create enough traffic to single forums than the whole OT does.
    Also, I think I read somewhere that after Episode-3-discussion decreases a bit, there might be a PT forum.
    The PT movies have seperate forums because they're new and there is/ was a lot more to discuss because of that

That, or the admins are too lazy

3. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I like having a general OT forum. Otherwise, it would just be three more forums I'd have to follow, so I like having just one.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Then why not combine the TPM and AOTC boards?

More topics to follow, but it makes it more exciting :)

5. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Not ebough traffic here to do that.

TPM and AOTC still have way too much discussion for them to be combined, and then that would be two PT fims on one board and the other in two separate ones... nightmare...

6. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I would like to see this forum divided into three. I think each forum devoted to but a single film (SW, ESB, or ROTJ) would develop its own unique feel and character.

Those who wanted to discuss the movies considered together could go to the Star Wars Saga board.

7. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    At this point, I like a single forum. I don't really think there would be enough traffic to justify three separate forums, and it's easier to check a single forum.
    I also am envisioning the nightmare of newbies ignorantly spamming all three proposed forums with the same questions we've had over and over again. Let's keep the redundancy concentrated in one place! :p

8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Simply put, there's not enough interest in each individual film to warrant separate forums. We also have the above-mentioned Saga forum for overall movie discussion.

9. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Well, I can't knock it 'til I see it and see if it works.

A downside would be that, for example, I would probably keep visiting the ANH board, as it's my favorite movie, and neglect ESB and ROTJ and the interesting threads that come up in them. But an upside I guess would be that I could narrow down the discussion to the one movie I'm interested in.

Anyways, I like them combined, because it makes them feel more like one solid entity, just Star Wars. I don't like breaking them up in my mind. Segregation is bad! :p

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Sorry about the lateness of my reply.

I would like to see this forum divided into three. I think each forum devoted to but a single film (SW, ESB, or ROTJ) would develop its own unique feel and character.

I do see what you're saying. Although I don't think there's enough traffic to support three such forums, I'm willing to consider other solutions, such as starting a thread for discussing each of the films as they stand separately. Thoughts?

11. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    >>>I would like to see this forum divided into three.

Ah, you're only saying that because you want a "Star Wars-1977" forum!

8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.