main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Fractured Reality (vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gabri_Jade, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Title: A Fractured Reality
    Author: Gabri_Jade
    Timeframe: during Union
    Summary: What if the threat posed to the New Republic during Luke and Mara's wedding had been far more real -- and far more unexpected?

~*~*~*~*~*~

The wedding of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade. All the representatives of the New Republic's higher echelons were here: the most influential politicians, the wealthiest merchants, the most powerful Jedi. There would never be a better opportunity. He had waited a long time for this...a long time.

Of course, the security was high; but he knew how to bypass the security precautions. He'd held a privileged position of trust since the Battle of Yavin as well, so none would suspect him until it was too late -- not even the Jedi. He snorted contemptuously. Jedi, indeed. Oh, they might sense him, but not his intent. By the time they realized what had happened, he would be firmly entrenched in the position of ultimate power that he would reestablish. No one would be able to stand against him.

Soon now, very soon, they would learn what true power was. They would wish Palpatine was ruling again. This was the dawn of a new age. He cackled evilly to himself, then thought that perhaps that was a little over the top. Every would-be tyrant cackled evilly. He pondered, then decided that it just wasn't the same without the cackling. He cackled again.

"I present to you: the Skywalkers."

Now.

The gas flooded the room so swiftly that not even the Jedi had time to react. In seconds, everyone in the room was unconscious. Had he been able to smirk, he surely would have. With only a modicum of effort, he hacked into the main computer system. It was child's play to have the computer issue arrest warrants for all present. The charge? Treason. Retroactive, of course.

He then summoned the droid army he'd stashed away, with their conveniently wiped memories; and ordered them to clear away the rabble. He would let them live -- not as an act of mercy, but as a warning example to all those who would dare deny his right to greatness. The wedding party and all the guests were dragged away to special security cells. The cells reserved for the Jedi were completely surrounded by ysalamiri, naturally. He had thought of everything.

Upon the holovid channels transmitting the happy event to the galaxy, he scrolled a brief message.

The New Republic is dead. Long live the Empire.

It was, when all was said and done, ridiculously easy. The only minor obstacle that arose was the expected obstinancy of his chosen second-in-command.

"Artoo-Detoo, I protest! This is most irregular! It's against my programming to impersonate a Sith lord..." For the first time in recorded memory, See-Threepio's mechanical voice trailed off of its own accord. "Would I have a dashing cape such as the Lord Vader was known for?"

Even this was easily dealt with.

Artoo gave an affirmative tootle.

"I'm in," Threepio said decisively.

Before the sun set over Coruscant that day, vast crowds gathered beneath the presentation balcony of the Imperial Palace. They dared do nothing but cheer. His authority was already that firmly established. As the Lord See-Threepio (clad in an elaborate black cloak very reminiscent of Vader's) gestured toward the newly crowned Emperor with a sweeping golden arm, Artoo rolled calmly forward to view his new subjects.

Life was good.

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    :eek: [face_laugh]

Quite interesting. :p

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

You should really take back any comments you've made about my weirdness, oh Court Astronomer...

Although I find the idea of an evil Artoo oddly adorable, in a sinister way.

Great viggie! Thanks for the PM!!

4. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Gabri, you're evil :) Though I have to agree with whoever said that evil Artoo was kinda cute...basically, I think your title sums it all up :)

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was . . . [face_laugh]

I have no words. *wipes tears from eyes* :p

6. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
  7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *RM laughs hysterically*

8. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Jedi_Liz: :p :D Yeah, my brain comes up with strange scenarios sometimes. Can't quite explain it. Glad you liked it!

LP: Artoo's oddly adorable no matter what. And I take nothing back! Nothing, do you hear me?! *laughs maniacally* ;) :p

Miska: Me? Evil? [face_innocent]

basically, I think your title sums it all up

Whew! I'm so glad to hear it. It took me ages to come up with a decent title so I could post this thing. Thanks for your comments! :D

oba: *laughs* Oba, speechless? That's it, I'm writing this day down in my diary. :p Thanks, bossy Head Handmaiden. ;) :D

Emmi: Silly Emmi. :) I'm happy you liked it, dearest.

RM: *whips out scientific reader reaction notebook* I've never seen RM hysterical before. Interesting, very interesting. ;) Thanks, Mom. :)

~Gabri

9. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *laughs more*

10. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*wipes away tears*

Oh, that's priceless! How did you think up that idea? It's great!

*wanders off, giggling*

11. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Astro

ps - edited because Astro can't get the faces right the first time ever!! Unless it's a simple smiley face :p

pps -- okay the laugh face isn't working no matter what I do!!

12. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Astrowoman: You need to put a space before the code to get the face to work ;)

13. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    crystalrain: Thanks! :D I actually got the idea from one of The Musical Jedi's challenge threads. The challenge was to write either a villain as a good guy or vice versa. Somehow this scenario popped into my head. I'm still honestly not sure where it came from. I did post this on that thread way back in November, but I thought that it could stand on its own too. :)

Astro: Good to see you again! Hope things are going well for you. I'm glad you liked the story! :D

~Gabri

14. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    heehee! [face_laugh] I loved Threepio and the cape. :D Oh my!

;) Paige

15. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Ariapaige: *grins* Why, thank you. I kind of like that part myself -- and I still have absolutely no idea from whence it came. ;) Glad you liked it. :D

~Gabri

16. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Gabri, that was...that was...

*collapses into fit of laughing*

[face_laugh]

*chair rolls out from under Burkie who continues laughing uncontrollably on the floor, feet in the air, tears in his eyes*

Dang, but I'm lucky this room is soundproofed! :D

That was absolutely BRILLIANT! That has so completely made my day better (and it's been tre useless so far)... :D

I salute thee! :D

17. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    KatarnLead: *giggles* That's quite an image there, Burkie. I'm glad that my insanity brightened your day. :p I salute thee in return! :D

~Gabri

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    And yet another priceless little viggie I nearly missed.

You always have to watch out for the short ones, huh? Best line was Threepio's "I'm in," when he found out he could have a long cape.

19. HandmaidenKenobi

HandmaidenKenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    Bravo Gabri! That was hysterical! I will never look at R2 the same way again. :D

*still laughing*

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    ok- I feel like I just drank a whole bottle of Corellian Whisky.

That was something else. Dellusions of grandeur, indeed :eek: [face_laugh]

21. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Jedi-2B: I can't believe that I forgot to tell you about this in the first place! Sorry about that. [face_blush] I'm glad you liked it, though! :D

HandmaidenKenobi: Why, thank you! Glad to be of service. :D

PadmeLeiaJaina: A whole bottle of Corellian? :eek: You'd better sit down for a bit. What a compliment, though! Thanks! :D

~Gabri

22. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    I always knew it was about the droids! :D

Rivad stumbles back to the library to continue reading endless school assignments...

23. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Rivad: What can I say, Rivad -- you're trés cool. :cool: Don't let the schoolwork bury you! ;)

~Gabri

24. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    What can I say, Rivad -- you're trés cool. :cool:

[face_blush] Well thank you Gabri! That's very nice of you to say so!

School is not getting TOO out of hand yet! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

25. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Big :D at evil Artoo. I could get used to a Sithly little astromech droid.

"Would I have a dashing cape such as the Lord Vader was known for?"

And that is perfectly our Threepio--all prissy and excited because he gets to wear the cape. Gorgeous humor writing, all of it, but that line was my absolute favorite.

[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.