main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Friend in Need - An Obi-Wan Short Story, Post RoTS - Updated 3/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Ben, he really needs some new clothes. They are probably as threadbare as Zara said. This post was so sad, melancholy in a way and, while I understood Ben's duty, it seemed so very desperate at this moment. Hope Zara can cheer him up!

2. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    What a lovely update. The friendship between Obi-wan and Zara is so perfectly written. I feel like I'd love to join them for a drink myself. ;)

Obi-Wan's ruminations as he looked after Luke were heartbreaking. It just makes me extra glad that he has someone like Zara on her side. No matter what he wants to believe, Obi-Wan really does need a friend.

Bravo! Such a wonderful chapter - I loved it from start to finish!!

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    His expression grew solemn and he reached up and brushed her hair out of her eyes. ?You should follow your own dreams, Zara,? he whispered. ?Don?t let the likes of me keep you here.? Ben glanced around. ?Tatooine is no place for you.?

?Then what are you doing here?? Zara asked in a tender voice.

His smile was bitter when he answered, but his tone was even. ?Passing the days until I do not have to any more.?

Poor Ben, just existing and not really living, or so he thinks. He has not yet figured out he has found a kind of acceptance in his circumstances.

4. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi there,

I like the story,

Can you PM me when you update?

Many thanks

EG

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That description of Luke playing is beautiful and his friend Zara. Don't let her leave Ben, she is so nice for him to have as a friend.
    Thanks for the PM

6. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Thanks for the PM.

Great update. I just love the way you described Luke playing "mischief" while Ben watched him.

Zara is one of those people that Ben really needs at the moment.

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    How sad to have Ben watching a young boy giggling and playing to then be thinking how he'll have to kill his own father. :(

Sounds like Zara still likes Obi-Wan more than she's willing to admit.

His smile was bitter when he answered, but his tone was even. ?Passing the days until I do not have to any more.?

Awwww. How sad. :( :(

8. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    This is wonderful, and I love the Obi-Wan/Zara relationship. Would you add me to the PM list, please?

9. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Great Story I always wondered how ben spent the years between Rots and ANH. Your playing all aspects of his exile quite well, and it's good to see that he is able to understand Anakin a bit better as he spends his time in the enviroment that shaped Anakin before all the Force moldings of the Jedi, and Palpatine. Please continue this story, and if you could add me to your pm list.

10. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, that last line just killed me. Poor Ben! :_| :_|

I loved the insight we got into Zara's background, the root of her own pain, in the previous post. And you are developing their friendship so perfectly! =D=

11. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Another brilliant update

Think Obi-Wan still needs to watch his back, not give into temptation, and remember why he is there.

12. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    Yay, update! :D :D

[face_worried] Poor Obi. I love reading about Ben on Tatooine, apparently because I enjoy that sick feeling of heartfelt angst in my stomach...Poor Ben.

Loved this update. I'm really enjoying the progression of their friendship, the way she teases him and how he's becoming able to tease her back. I think she's right, though. He could survive on his own, but he needs her.

13. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Obi-Wan's musings over Luke as a reflection of his father were fantastic. Obi-Wan, as always, is perfectly right about the Skywalker line. He knew Anakin well. That, and little Luke is just adorable.

I love Zara's thoughts about leaving and finding a new dream, and Obi-Wan basically saying that his dream has passed except for the final one. That is so incredibly tragic... but beautiful at the same time.

Much =D=, Mama V. Beautiful work... its always so neat, clean, and perfect. I love that about your writing.

14. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I cried practically every update. This is so heartbreaking, Vadey. And I love Zara. Her mischief, her smiles, the way she cheers up Obi-Wan...:_|

Wonderful, wonderful job.

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Great update, as always! Obi-Wan certainly had a lot to deal with during his time on Tatooine. I love his friendship with Zara, and wonder if she will ever learn just who Ben is.

16. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Interesting. I'm still expecting Pash to show up at the worst possible time. Thanks for the update!

Raptor517

17. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Does she want to mend his clothes....or get him out of them? ;)

I loved the details regarding Luke and his fidgeting with things. Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.