main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Friend in Need ** L/M ** Pre-VOTF Part #2 Updated -August 7, 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Just keep telling yourself that girlie..

2. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Great job Jade_Pilot. =D=

Luke and Mara were perfect. I loved how much she was struggling to avoid appreciating his help, and company. It was very reminicent of Thrawn Trilogy Mara.

I'm glad Luke was persistant. He just needs to work on her a little more, and maybe that friendship she was so reluctant to grant him can become more.

He did know he favorite flower, and that gets someone big points in my book.

I know this was a challenge, but I wouldn't mind seeing it go farther [face_praying]

3. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    =D= =D=

What a great continuation to part 1! You really are in touch with these two characters. And I will echo the responses here... Mara likes him! Even if she tries not to, she can't help but be falling in love with him. Awwww@};- [face_love]

Wonderful job! Quite impressive.

Cheers,
    Wyo

4. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Oh Mara, you independent spirit.

I loved the Luke-wife line. The characterization of both Luke and Mara were great.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You have to love Mara (because if you don't she'll kill you! ;) )

An hour later they made the jump to lightspeed.

Mara in a temporary splint, sat sulking on the lounger as Luke made dinner. He?s been so quiet since the jump, she thought, probably rehearsing his speech about how I should?ve listened to him and started that blasted Jedi training.

Luke reached up to the top shelf and brought down two bowls along with a couple of spoons.

?You?re mighty handy in the kitchen there, Skywalker,? Mara taunted. ?You?d make someone the perfect little wife.?

?Luke,? he said softly.

?What??

?You?re mighty handy in the kitchen there, Luke,? he mimicked, ladling soup into the bowls. ?Why can?t you just call me by my first name, Mara?? He tossed the serving spoon into the sink with a loud clunk.

He can come to my house and be the perfect little wife anytime he wants to. I'll even call him LUKE! [face_laugh]

Wonderful chapter, loved the banter! =D=

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    ginchy: Thanks, girl! It's an absolute wonder they actually found each other isn't it?

Star Angel: Thank you for reading and being like Mara! ;)

divapilot: Hey sis, [:D] thanks for reading. Yep, I imagine he does most of the domestics...if he knows what's good for him.

Jade eyes: Mara Jade, queen of denial. Thank you checking it out!

Jedi Liz: Well, I'd certainly enjoy kissing Luke! Thank you for reading!

RedGold: Heeheehee! You know it! Thanks for stopping by!

7. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    I loved it.=D=

Your feisty Mara and very helpful Luke were great.

The dialogue during the fight scene was too funny and the banter between Mara and Luke precious.

8. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    This was very sweet and lovely fic about Luke and Mara. Enjoyed it. My only and I hope you will think this constructive feedback is that I worried about Mara's broken leg when Luke picked her up. That was a good moment, but I was afraid he was hurting it more and wondered why he didn't levitate her instead to keep it more immoble. I liked how he was insistent and strong, yet gentle. thank you!

9. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I think it would have been great even without the kiss. The flowers were a nice touch[face_love]

10. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    PrincessC: Thanks for reading both posts! Your words are so encouraging![:D]

GirlJedi: Hey, I never even thought about that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and for reading.

Fen Huang: Thank you. I just couldn't pass up an opportunity for L/M to kiss! [face_laugh]

11. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great chapter! Lots of tension there - and I loved take-charge Luke!

12. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    really good update Jade - methinks Mara protests to much!

TnTornado

13. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005

Thanks, TnTornado! I think you are absolutely correct! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.