main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A friendly note

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I?d like to remind everyone here that these forums are public and for some reason widely read
    (and you thought that no one cared!).

So it a good thing to consider carefully what you post here. Make sure that you do not post profanity, obscenity, or links to any questionable sites. Even though most of us are adults here, there are some children surfing out there and the material may be too much for them to handle. Take a look at the forum rules just to make sure you are cool.

In addition, if someone else does or says something which offends you, it?s good to take a moment and consider your response and place it in the proper context or maybe even ignore it.

Say it with me:

Goos Fra Ba

I do and will continue to abuse MASTER--KENOBI publically, it's all in fun and is not in any way to be misconstrued as abuse that the aforementioned does not secretely enjoy.

And if in my postings I make a careless comment or joke, please excuse me, sometimes I don?t realize the ramifications of my quirky sense of humor (i.e. Just because I get the joke and think it's funny may not mean EVERYONE gets it.). I?ll be more careful in the future, and sorry if I offended anyone in the past (I are the irreverent side, not the disrespectful side, okeyday?).

"Let's be careful out there!" Hill Street Blues

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Good points, all. Except, of course, I wanna harass Master--Kenobi, too! ;)

Seriously, thanks for the reminder. I've had people (mostly younger than I am) tell me, "Being polite is over-rated."

It's not. It's the WD-40 that keeps the social wheels spinning.

*runs around, spraying WD-40*

What is the SW equiv of WD-40, anyway?

3. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    I think WD40 exists in all dimentions, in exactly that form. As does duct tape.

Some things just ARE.

4. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Wow. That's deep. ;)

I was just thinking that perhaps in the SW universe, WD-40 was an early series astromech droid...?

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I wish my fanforce could get along like this. :(

And I just realized that Kim never gave me a proper introduction to y'all at D-land! [face_shame_on_you] Bad mom/dad. :p

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Opps. sorry Kiddo, we just all got along so well, and was laughing so hard at everything, I forgot. Besides, now that we know that Obi is Chezkoslovakian for... well never mind what for! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

So, next time we are all together, I'll intoduce you properly.. I promise! <<hug>>

And Sid is right, watch what you post, don't forget to keep your lighsabers handy and makesure your strikeplates are in the upright and locked position. And as my Sensei used to say "Hold down the pillow!"

That's all for Jedi Philosophy 101

:D

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    "Hold down the pillow?"

I think I need clarification on that, Master. I must have missed that lesson when I was a Youngling.

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    I don't get it either...

Must be the heat. Obi's still suffering Mustafar fever.

J/K.

9. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Horrible, horrible. Now instead of "Mustafar fever" going through my head, I have "Saturday Night Fever" doing so. I'm sure it must be YOUR fault.

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ahhh..you need to dwell deep within your studies, Youngling. The answer will present itself to you!

[face_peace]

11. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Um, you may have noticed I haven't posted anything lately...and it was just because others do read this stuff.

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    *hug* Don't let it stop you from posting, please! We just all try to be aware that what we say can and will be read by more people than we may suspect.

So, as was said above, let's all strive to post without nastiness to each other, or people outside our boards and circles of friends. That's how fandom is kept friendly!

- Kai

13. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    ID 2132, I understand your frustration, my man. But don't let it ruin your day. In the long run the little rocky things in the road don't make a lot of difference in the big picture.

Missed your posting here, and you are welcome in my book anytime. Feel free to come to our happy place, put on your tie-dye duds and kick back with us.

14. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Thanks Sid [face_dancing]

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Absolutely ID, know that you were missed and welcome back!

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    :: goes through the closet trying to pick out which Star Wars shirt to wear for the Boardwalk::

Ah, the TIE dye'd one, of course!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.