main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA A Friendly Reminder...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    First off, I'd like to extend a formal welcome to all the new names on the boards since the premiere...

Thumpernicus
    Darth_Chapus
    LadyLuck
    Mase_Wahoo
    GeekerBeeker
    ES-CHA-PHA-LAS

Also a welcome and an invitation to all those who might be lurking, and haven't yet had the courage to post :D We know you're there, and we want to meet you.

I'd like to remind everyone who hasn't been to a meeting yet, and to those who are just joining us, that the Fan Force is about "getting fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their 'physical community" which goes beyond these message boards, it's good that you've made it this far, but the next step, and the real purpose for a Fan Force is to get together and hang out. If for some reason you cannot make it to regular monthly meetings, by all means LET US KNOW, so that we can try and work around your schedule, it's important to us that you can all make it to the meetings. The management is working hard to insure this by working closely with the members and looking at everyone's schedules, the more we know, the better we can plan meetings. Also, attendance to meetings will soon be required for "active membership" (discussed in council meeting minutes thread) which grants special priveleges. So please, come to the next meeting if it's possible, you won't be disappointed... If you had fun talking to us at the premeire, you'll love our meetings, we're a fun, energetic and outgoing group who love to meet new fans. It's our goal to see as many of you make it to the meeting as possible, need a ride? ask! Need to be an hour or two late? tell us! Need us to meet in a different area? Suggest one! It's up to you, but please remember, that this is what the Fan Force is about. You will love it, I promise... see you on Friday!

2. padmay_and_luke

padmay_and_luke Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Mr. Sarn, might I reply to this thoughtful and encouraging post? I had one of the best times ever the night of the premiere, even though I did not even stay for the actual show (I saw it the next day). My purpose in writing is to get feedback pertaining to this first post-premiere meeting on Friday. Not only am I a fan, but so is my little "Luke," and he will be with me on Friday. Please let me know if you all would prefer this to be an adult only meeting. I know sometimes it can be awkward for a gathering of single, childless adults to suddenly be bombarded by an extemely energetic, although very enthusiastic about Star Wars, little fellow. I do want to be involved, but not at the expense of the comfort of others. Please let me know any thoughts...

Now I must get back to the R2-D2 cake for the birthday boy. He's having a birthday party (7 years!) on Saturday, and the theme is - what else - Star Wars!!

Padmay

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I don't have a problem with it, however I'll run it by el presidente...

4. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Im ok with it, you dont need to ask me. if you want to bring your kid(s) then thats cool with me.

5. padmay_and_luke

padmay_and_luke Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Thanks so much, guys! I appreciate your responses. It will be neat to see you all again and the new faces as well.

Padmay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.