A friends passing...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mount, NC' started by JediRiff, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hey, folks.
    I just wanted to make everyone aware that a friend of ours, one of our dearest members, has passed away. I will miss him. Indeed, he was a good soul, and we were blessed for having his friendship.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/rockymounttelegram/obituary.aspx?n=michael-batchelor-wayne&pid=138036706

May the force be with you, Wayne... always.
  2. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    This was sad news, when I heard about our friend (Yoda's #1 fan).
  3. star-killer1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry to read of your friends passing.
    May the Force be with him.
  4. eddie-wan-kenobi1 Jedi Padawan

It was a beutiful service. Hard to believe Wayne is gone. On an even sadder note, I just found out this morning that Wayne's dad passed away on Monday. Fett, CW, Meagan (CW's fiancee) and I just met him at the service. Everyone needs to say a prayer for Wayne's mom. How she is coping with the loss of her son one week and her husband the next is mind blowing.

By the way, it's nice to be back. I had to re-register because apparantly I registered originally with an old email and I can't remember what it was. So now I'm eddie-wan-kenobi1.
  5. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yeah, I was absolutely stunned to hear about Waynes dad as well. I dont know what to say, but I do hate that I couldnt make it to the service, but I had no one to watch the boys, and I wasnt going to take them to that. I wish I could have met his dad.
  6. TrueRevanite Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know it has been a long time since any of you heard from me, but I was ghosting through here and saw this. Wayne was a really great guy. We went to his home a couple of times for WWE PPVs and even took him to a live event at the RBC Center with us. It was a shame to hear that he has passed. We were lucky enough to meet his father on one of the PPV visits. He was seemed to be just as nice of a guy in the short time we talked with him.

Please pass on both mine and Cassie's condolences to the family, if you would please.
  7. Shindo_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember him. Awesome, awesome guy...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.