A fun thread because I cut class and I'm bored!

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    I call those "Guilty Pleasure" songs "Tommy Boy Songs" because of that scene in the movie "Tommy Boy." You know, the one where Chris Farley and David Spade are trying to pick a radio station to listen to and they flipped to a Carpentor's song (I think it was the "Don't you remember when you used to tell me you loved me baby" one) and said "I'll leave it on if you want to"..."Okay, but I really don't care." Cut scene to about a minute later and they're both singing their hearts out with tears in their eyes. Yeah. I have a couple of those songs. Mostly from the '80s. Some earlier. Like my favorite Donna Summer song: Dim All The Lights. What does "Turn my brown body white" mean, anyway?
  2. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm a Billy Joel, Simon and Garfunkel, some John Denver and Kenny Rogers. I'm an old fart as you know and also don't get to listen to the stereo when the kids are around.
  3. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    All those questions are too hard to answer. There are SO many bands that need to be shot and SO many songs that suck. To name one would just be way to hard.

Best band ever would have to be either the Beatles or Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I also like Bon Jovi and U2, but I wouldn't say they're the best ever.

Avril Lavine = POSER. "I'm going to act punk, but sing crappy pop songs." And what's sad is...I know all the words to her two radio songs. They play them at the bars ALL THE TIME. I have no choice but to listen and learn. *sigh*
  4. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    OMG!!! I am so sick of hearing that Avril Levigne song. It comes on the radio all the time at work. We are all so sick of hearing it that we have formed our own hate club for her song "Complicated". She is so whiny. Teenage angst- I just tell ya to listen to Nirvana or something like that.

Crappiest band:Dave Matthews, Blues Traveler
    Best band: Pink Floyd/ Beatles/Aerosmith
    Artist needing punk upside the head: Justin Timberlake/ Britany Spears
    Over-rated Band: David Matthews Band/Pearl Jam
    Under-rated Band:The Corrs
    Worst Song: I'll name several starting with the one that is currently on my list "Complicated" by Avril Levigne, "She Blinded Me With Science,"Sattelite" by DAve Matthews,"Thank You" by Alanis Morrisette
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.