main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A future NJO plot might have been hinted at in SBS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Anakin_Solo73, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    If you notice in the planet guide in the front and back of the novel, the Jedi System of Ossus appears. The planet wasn't in Vector Prime and I don't think it was in Balance Point.

Could Ossus appear in the series and make a significant factor in the war?

2. SparkyDroid

SparkyDroid Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2001
    It could, but I'm inclined to think that a character, not a system or planet, will be the turning point. I'm thinking it's gonna be Jacen or Ben or possibly Jaina.

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I do not remember Ossus?? What story is that from.

4. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    ossus was in dark empire 2.

5. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Wasn't the only Jedi libary outside the temple based on Ossus?

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    crazy crazy crazy, just like me. Oh how they learn quikly.

7. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Ossus? that would make sense. It *is* a Jedi world after all.
    Then again, I think Anakin's inevidable return will be the turning point.

8. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Ossus was the centre of Jedi teaching before they moved to Coruscant. It's been a while since I've read the TotJ comics, but I'll check them out tonight.

9. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    isnt that where Jerek tried to harness the power of the valley of the Jedi?

10. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Nope.
    I have Jedi Knight for my pc, and i don't remember what planet it was, but it wasn't ossus.

11. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Korriban?

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Maybe Ossus will be the scene of a pivotal and deciding battle ?

13. bobabooie

bobabooie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    "Then again, I think Anakin's inevidable return will be the turning point. "

Anakins gone, accept it.

14. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    So in other words, you are saying that you are automatically right to assume that he isn't coming back even though we haven't been told that in any certain terms, and i am automatically wrong just because you say so? Sheer arrogence I tell you... sheer arrogence...
    Your opinions are not facts.

15. Warrior-of-the-Sith

Warrior-of-the-Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Anakin is dead man...please, for the love of God, get over it. Science fantasy can only go so far until it starts to get extremely lame. Anakin "returning" would be just that.

And try not to get so defensive. Bobabooie is simply stating his beliefs.

Anyway, I think that though Ossus probably won't be some kind of turning point, it may provide much needed information to the Jedi. It's a possibility...

16. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Get over what? I am allowed to have a different opinion than you, do you feel threatened by diversity or something?

17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    "Anakin is dead man...please, for the love of God, get over it. Science fantasy can only go so far until it starts to get extremely lame. Anakin "returning" would be just that."

If you think think that someone coming back from the dead is lame, perhaps you should find a different genre to read than science fiction. It isn't supposed to be realistic, that's why it's science fiction.

18. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Well, I'm not stating opinions here (doesn't everyone know mine all ready?) but when you say "get over it" it's rather offensive. If you're going to state your opinions, please say it in a way that would not offend others or sound rude. By shooting down someone else's opinion for yours, you come off sounding arrogant and superior. Quite a few do think that Anakin will come back, and quite a few think that he won't. Well, here's the truth: NO ONE KNOWS. You can't say "you're wrong" so soon; so don't. I know the odds are quite certainly pointing to Anakin being dead, but really, please, have some respect for other people's opinions and be open to them. Don't use the terms "accept it" or "get over it" because they're really not going to help the situations here...man, I've noticed a lot more arguing over this on the boards lately :mad: Debate is fine, but the way everyone's going about it is getting to me! ^^()

Btw, I don't mean to anger anyone, just to ask that everyone just be more understanding of someone's opinions... peace to all... ;)

19. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I reckon the Jedi Resistance will base themsevles there or find something of great importance in the war effort.
    A Holocron or something, if a Jedi libirary was there one of the Jedi are going to find a record or Jedi artifact.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.