main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Future Uncertain - Sequel to Deception - J/Z, Allana/Ben - Completed July 28, 2007

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Epilogue

Allana left the next afternoon.

She was there for the brief joining ceremony for Zekk and Jaina that morning and she's remained adamant about attending; nothing Mila or the other Hapan had said would sway her and so they'd stayed. She was glad she had; nothing Allana had ever seen had prepared her for the love she could practically see in her father's eyes.

It had embarrassed her, made her a twinge jealous - at least until he'd turned that look on her - and proud that she hadn't stood in his way in this instance. He deserved happiness and if Jaina made him happy, he deserved it.

There was a small reception, but Allana, along with her father and new step-mother, had quit early to meet the Hapan transport that would take her to Hapes. She said brief goodbyes to both Zekk and Jaina, hugging them both and offering one last round congratulations. As a last touch she took both Jaina's hands in hers and welcomed her into the family. Zekk hand hugged her impulsively one last time before letting her go, giving her an admonishment to keep in touch.

She turned to the ramp without scanning the area for other well wishers - she'd said her goodbyes to Ben the night before and they didn't think it would have been appropriate for him to see her off without going. She'd left her mother's medallion in his care at his request, as a memento of sorts. She tried not to think of the implications of that act, and it wasn't difficult to push it to the back of her mind with everything else that was suddenly her highest priority, according to Mila.

Extracting a promise from both Zekk and Jaina to come and visit once their honeymoon was over, she waved goodbye as the transport ramp closed, and found herself a seat in the passenger compartment. She buckled herself into the crash webbing and closed her eyes against the ache in her throat.

She was going to miss the little house that was her home. She was going to miss waking up to the teasing of her father and his blurry-eyes caf discussions. She would miss the little pool that had been just hers, and the classes with her peers. She would miss Jysella's sporadic presence and the freedom to come and go as she pleased.

Above all, she would miss Ben. Being able to message him, talk to him, run with him and fight with him. She was going to miss the easy camaraderie and acceptance he represented even as she would miss their heated discussions. Most of all she'd miss the way his lips tilted into that slightly impish tilt whenever he called her Twitch.

Taking a deep breath, she let her regrets slip away. Of all the things she would miss, each of them would revisit themselves on her in her new home. She would simply have to set her focus on the things which needed doing and ensure her visitors would be granted the safety and security they were accustomed to.

She would not fail.

She, Allana Djo, daughter of Zekk of Ennth and Tenel Ka Djo, would conquer the Hapes cluster and bend it to her will as a tribute to her mother.

It was just that simple.

fin

Author's Note - And it's finito! Did I mention I have an idea for a Ben/Allana sequel based on Hapes? No? Well, it's a no brainer - Ben must now convince Allana he's the perfect choice as her consort with the people pressuring her for an heir. Will she give in? Of course - but the journey on how she gets there will be entertaining!

If you're interesting, keep an eye out for The Consort Conundrum - coming soon :D

Thanks for reading everyone [:D] you've been a wonderful audience!

2. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    What a wonderful ending....:)

Jaina and Zekk finally tie the knot....;)

And Ben promises Allana to come and visit her. The pool scene was both happy and heartbreaking...wonderfully written...=D=

I feel bad for Allana but I know she will come through it just as her mother had.

Great Job, Jade, and when you post the sequel may I have a PM.... Thanks [:D]

FL @};-

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wonderful for J/Z.[face_love]

Bittersweet for Allana and Ben.[face_plain]

Can't wait to see what the sequel brings! Can I have a PM when you start?[face_batting]

~MJ@};-

4. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    That was so sweet...Can I be on the PM list when you start the sequel...I really enjoyed this story. Great job!

5. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    "What do you think Ben and Allana are doing right now?"

"Something we won't have to do again for a long, long time."

"Oh?"

He opened his eyes, his voice soft. "Saying goodbye."

This is really poignant. I think it's that combination of happiness and sadness that happens so often in real life.

"No one will call me Twitch on Hapes."

"I should hope not; you are their rightful ruler. It would be disrespectful."

[face_laugh] I do love their banter. :D

"I don't want to die."

Ben pulled her close, ignoring the fact he was wet from the water, and bodily lifted her from the rock into the crook of his body, her hip snug against his groin as he braced her against his upraised leg. Her head was coaxed to his shoulder as he hugged her fiercely. His words were rough but heartfelt. "You're not going to die."

Poor Allana. :( You can't blame her for being scared, after what happened to her mom, and given the fact that assassination is almost a sport on Hapes. [face_worried]

There was a long moment of silence before he answered. "No, Allana; I won't. You need to do this on your own; to establish yourself before you call in your support base."

It must have been really hard for Ben to say no to that invitation, but I think he's right. Allana needs to know that she can accomplish just as much as her mother ever did, if not more.

"You set things right, reestablish your mother's reforms and get things stabilized, and I'll come visit."

Her face fell with dismay. "But that could take years!"

"Only if you let it; let's just call this incentive."

Ben's a smart kid, all right. [face_mischief]

He grinned evilly, the devilish gleam from the party returning to his eye.

She shrieked as he suddenly threw them both into the pool.

Lovely ending there. :)

It had embarrassed her, made her a twinge jealous - at least until he'd turned that look on her - and proud that she hadn't stood in his way in this instance. He deserved happiness and if Jaina made him happy, he deserved it.

Allana and Zekk have such a good relationship. It's going to be hard for her without both him and Ben. :(

She'd left her mother's medallion in his care at his request, as a memento of sorts. She tried not to think of the implications of that act

[face_devil][face_whistling]

Most of all she'd miss the way his lips tilted into that slightly impish tilt whenever he called her Twitch.

[face_love]

She, Allana Djo, daughter of Zekk of Ennth and Tenel Ka Djo, would conquer the Hapes cluster and bend it to her will as a tribute to her mother.

It was just that simple.

And Force help anyone who stands in her way. [face_devil] That was definitely a high note to end things on. :)

I've really enjoyed reading this and "Deception;" you did a great job with them both. I can't wait for the sequel. :D

6. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Flowerlady ? I had to tie up some loose ends, but not all ? and the A/B scene at the pool came off much better than I?d initially hoped it would; I?m thrilled you enjoyed it!

When you post the sequel may I have a PM....

Certainly! :)

Mira_Jade ? Thanks :D I?d be happy to PM you when I start posting the sequel!

star_writer24 ? Thank you :) I can certainly PM you when I start posting the sequel.

Emerald_Lady ? I?m glad you enjoyed it ? this one has been a lot of fun to write and the sequel should be just as much fun in some ways ;) J/Z will appear occasionally, but A/B will be the focus.

This is really poignant. I think it's that combination of happiness and sadness that happens so often in real life.

Nothing is every easy, is it? Life?s often full of so many conflicting emotions and feelings at once that it?s hard to separate them. Like there, Zekk is happy that Jaina?s going to marry him, but sad his daughter is giving up the only person who can really make her truly happy. Life ? it?s full of contradictions.

Poor Allana. You can't blame her for being scared, after what happened to her mom, and given the fact that assassination is almost a sport on Hapes.

Ah, true. Fortunately she?s stronger than she seems to think and Ben?s given her a reason to be caution ;)

It must have been really hard for Ben to say no to that invitation, but I think he's right. Allana needs to know that she can accomplish just as much as her mother ever did, if not more.

Super hard. Being given the opportunity he probably wanted on a silver platter only to have to turn it down ? that takes courage ? or confidence. And he trusts her. But she doesn?t exactly trust herself.

Allana and Zekk have such a good relationship. It's going to be hard for her without both him and Ben.

Ah, but Zekk?s not limited to not visiting ? just Ben (and it?s his own limitation)

And Force help anyone who stands in her way.

ROFL! Indeed :D

I've really enjoyed reading this and "Deception;" you did a great job with them both. I can't wait for the sequel.

Thanks for reading! They?ve been really rabid bunnies, the lot of them, and just begging to be written so the sequel isn?t far behind *laughs* It?s been an interesting AU to explore.

Thanks for reading guys, you've been such an awesome audience! [:D]

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    yay a sequel :D

8. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Can I be on the PM list too?

And when will you start working on the sequel?

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A perfect ending! And when you start the sequel, please put me on the PM list! :D

Taking a deep breath, she let her regrets slip away. Of all the things she would miss, each of them would revisit themselves on her in her new home. She would simply have to set her focus on the things which needed doing and ensure her visitors would be granted the safety and security they were accustomed to.

She would not fail.

It was just that simple.

Bravo! =D=

10. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    SilSolo ? One that will focus on your favorite crack!ship ;) I couldn?t resist :D

Furyan_Jedi_13 ? I?d be happy to PM you when I start posting it ? it?s already got 4 chapters or something, I just haven?t put it up on the boards ? probably tomorrow or Thursday it?ll go up :)

VaderLVR64 ? Will do Kim, thanks for reading this twisted tale *laughs*

11. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
  12. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth! I saw that you completed this, and I've been avoiding finishing it. But then I saw that you started a sequel (or threquel) and it was okay. And I'm at my cousin's right now, half-way across the country, downwards.

I have to say again how much I like Jaina. She just seems to fit Zekk...naturally. It's so cool.

I can't wait for the sequel! It was a great story!

Janet

13. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Chapter 20:

Tenel Ka had worked tirelessly for years to improve the life of the average Hapan. She'd fought against insurmountable odds and won. She'd beaten the Nobles, pushed through reforms on will power alone and started to forge something that would eventually lessen her own power and delegate it to her people.

Loved this. I think sometimes people miss the fact that Queen Tenel Ka is just as strong and determined as Jedi Knight Tenel Ka ever was. She didn?t lose any of her intensity or power by taking the crown; rather, she sacrificed her own happiness in order to help her people. Great job showing that. =D=

Chapter 21:

Jysella was decked out in her red dress - the red dress as it had come to be known around the academy - and enjoying the flirtatious company of several young men.

Did she get it from Jaina, by chance? [face_mischief]

Slowly, unable to control herself, her eyes feasted on the tanned - completely tanned - form of Ben Skywalker. From ankle to knee and to mid-thigh where a strip of black cloth, which couldn't be anything less than his bathing suit, and a knotted towel covered him; and upwards. His trim, muscled stomach, to his well defined pectorals and over arms that were sinewy more than bulging.

[face_laugh] Oh, she and Ben are going to make quite the entrance! [face_laugh]

Chapter 22:

"May I present her royal Highness, the Chume'Da of Hapes, Daughter of the late Queen Mother, Tenel Ka Djo - Allana Djo and her consort; Ben Skywalker."
    "Her what?"
    Luke's and Mara's hands joined Jaina's in keeping Zekk from leaping off his chair.

Poor Zekk! [face_laugh]

Chapter 23:

"And I'm sure dear old grandpa will have several more for you when you arrive on Hapes."

For some reason, the picture of Isolder as ?dear old grandpa? makes me smile. :)

Poor Ben and Allana, having to say good-bye. :(

Epilogue:

She was there for the brief joining ceremony for Zekk and Jaina that morning and she's remained adamant about attending; nothing Mila or the other Hapan had said would sway her and so they'd stayed. She was glad she had; nothing Allana had ever seen had prepared her for the love she could practically see in her father's eyes.

:) [face_love]

Great ending! Thanks for sharing this fic. :)

14. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Darkwriter ? No worries ;) Thanks for dropping in to comment [:D]

jedi_of_ennth ? I couldn?t just regulate Tenel Ka to a normal peon as Queen ? I?ve always seen her as strong, if not stronger, in the role because of the sacrifices she was forced to make. Anything less wouldn?t do her justice.

Did she get it from Jaina, by chance?

ROFL! I doubt Jaina?s red dress would fit Jys lol! But maybe, maybe ? personally I think Jaina would be rooting for Allana based on just principal.

For some reason, the picture of Isolder as ?dear old grandpa? makes me smile.

I?m glad it did, that?s what I was going for. Isolder only had Tenel Ka after Teneniel died, so I can?t imagine him being anything but doting on his only grandchild ;)

I?m glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading, hon! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.