main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Galactic Weapons Maker says HI!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by idrman, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idrman

idrman Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2004
    Hi!

I'm new to the board. I was told about this forum by a customer of mine, who's a member here. He thought that my talents could be of used to some of you. And it looks like this is a really cool board. I'm glad to introduce myself.

I'm an indy filmmaker and artist from Downstate NY. I am also a huge SW fan. As an indy filmmaker, I have been making props, special effects prosthetics make-up, and costumes for the past fifteen years.

As an artist, I am very meticulous about concept and final product. The sort of props that were available didn't really do it for me, so I wanted to create something that fit in with the Jedi ideas of unique sabers for each warrior. Also, I wanted something realistic, to complete the fantasy of the objects.

One of my hobbies is the study of weapons mechanics, and a few years ago, I decided to do some research into theoretical physics, regarding High-yield Energy weaponry. I came across some interesting stuff that would apply to lightsabers, if it were written out in sci-fi terms. That got me thinking... why not make a prop lightsaber that was as realistic as possible...with internal parts, able to be field stripped, with a weapons manual... etc. So I began working on a lighsaber with detailed guts, and started writing a book on lightsabers as real weapons. Once I fabricated several models, and wrote several brief weapons manuals, I decided to create an online prop site to offer my saber artwork to fans like me.

I have two sites right now.

Advanced-Light Weaponry is my saber-props site.

Ablution Valley Arts is my artist site, which contains pics of my sculptures, paintings, etc., and where you can download several of my short films.

Please check them out.

I hope that I can serve you in any needs you have for props or sci-fi artwork. I can make more than lightsabers or blasters. I also can make spaceship props, paintings, prosthetic make-up appliances, and armor.

2. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Hi, irdman --

I'm sorry, but your thread violates our policy against solicitation on the boards.
    For all of the C&P forum rules, please see the Welcome and Thread Index.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.