main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Galaxy in Chaos; prequel AU, Obi/Qui, Jango UPDATE: BIRTH OF SIDIOUS PART 1- 7/23/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jek_Windu, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Thank you for sending me the PM, Jek. I'm really glad you did; I liked this story before and I like it now.

I really liked the part with Siri and Obi-Wan. It was very interesting to read. Besides, I like Siri. :) And, I've never seen anyone write Palpatine using the force; I think more people like to change him to Sidious and then have him use the force. I liked this different view of it.

I can't wait for the next post! You've left me in suspense of what will happen to the Organas.

JB

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey, I forgot you were even writing a fic until you reminded me. :p

I like this. I like the era you have picked and I like your plot so far. It's interesting. I'll be back. ;)

3. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Rogue-Even-Thanks, Master 8-}

Yodaminch- You'll see Bail, but not for another post or so.

jedi_bounty- Trust you'll see more of Siri later in the fic. One thing though, did I get her characterization right? It's been a long time since I read JA.

Moff_D- LOL and thanks

Thanks to everyone who replied :)

Here it is, boys and girls: an all Jango chapter. Hope ya like.

Chapter Three

When he thought about it, Jango didn't really care what the deaths of the Senators was doing to the Senate, or what Lord Sidious' plan had to do with it. The Slave I rocketed through hyperspace toward the pearl that was Alderann. Looking at the datapad in his hand, Fett studied the layout of the Royal Palace. His plan of attack would be simple, but effective. Pressing a button on the pad, he bought up figures on the Organa family. It was surprisingly small for a senator's family; the wife, Marie, and his young son, Bail. Jango raised an eyebrow under his helmet. Bail was only five-years-old; it had been a long time since Fett had been forced to kill children. The bounty hunter found the heinous act somewhat dishonorable, but the boy was part of his bounty.
    The vessel came out of hyperspace about an hour away from the sphere that held his targets. Jango left the comfort of the cockpit to check his weapons. His signature double blasters were locked and loaded, flamethrower fueled, blades sharpened, jetpack charged. Beneath the ominous mask, the bounty hunter smiled. He was ready for the hunt.
    Fett landed the Slave stealthily in the forest surrounding the Royal Palace. Covering ground quickly, but silently, Jango made his way to the security perimeter in 20 minutes. The hunter surveyed the defenses.....they would be simple to disable. By the time the guards would realize, it would be too late. The predator sneered as he smelled the blood of his prey.
    15 minutes later, at the base of the Royal Palace's east wall, Jango had a rare moment of uneasiness at the fact none of the security seemed to be aware of his presence. But it quickly passed, Fett lulled himself into believing the guards were simply foolishly unalert. The bounty hunter began to slowly scale the walls toward Senator Organa's bedroom. Upon reaching his target, Jango slowly cut through the glass without having to bother with a window security system. Organa's own pacifist ways would be his undoing. The hunter slipped in and dropped to the floor without a sound. He made his way over to the bed. Pausing at the edge of the bed, Fett aimed one of his pistols at Organa's head. Just one more second and it would be bounty served. The hunter began to pull the trigger....

Cliffe, huh? I'll have the next one up by tomorrow, hopefully.

4. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Things look grim for Senator Organa. And Jango is supposed to do in the kid too? I've lost all respect for bounty hunters! :p

5. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow amazing, I'm intruiged. Now I know what belongs to the part you send me. This makes is so much clear!

it's an interesting story. Not quite seeing where it goes though ;) But I will awaite your next post. When is it going to be.

BTW, be nice to Bail. I like him!

6. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Thanks for the PM, I had nearly forgotten I was keeping an eye on this story. Looks like things aren't going too well for the Organas! [face_shocked]

7. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    edit: I got so excited about a new post that I double posted. 8-}

8. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh no post yet :( I'll read it tomorrow. Going to re-watch "L'Affaire du Collier"

9. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Moff_D- Don't worry, Bail still has a part to play in the story. Along with a certain chosen one. ;)

Elfsheen- When's the next post going to be? Well.......right now, I think. Sorry it took so long. 8-}

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan- You'll see......read. 8-}

Again, many thanks to all those who replied. :)

Chapter Three (cont.)

In 34 milliseconds Osanu Organa head would be nothing but roasted carnage. Jango could feel his finger depressing the trigger...
    "NOW", bellowed a disembodied voice. Three rings of blue erupted from the opposite wall. Fett managed to raise his blaster before his word turned black....

Osanu ran a hand through his jet black hair as the three guards walked to the fallen hunter. Marie held her chest heaving chest and looked at her husband with the accusing worry that seems the sole weapon of wives. The clever Senator had cut it the close, to close. But the pros now far outweighed the cons. It had been simple to figure the Senatorial murders were to disrupt Valorum's hold on power. When Palpatine had called for the no confidence vote, Osanu's scheme was already forming. The plan was basic enough; if Nero was involved, he would target Organa when he spoke out against him. When the killer came, they would play the unalert , let him get close, then strike.
    Osanu smiled. Now all he had to do was prove his theory, and Palapatine would spend the rest of his life in a mining prison on Kessel. One of the guards looked at Organa.
    "Senator, what do want us to do with him?"
    "Take to the dungeon, we'll begin his interrogation in the morning. You have done well.", Osanu responded. The sentinel bowed and helped his counterparts carry the unconscious man away. Osanu felt a tap on his shoulder, turning he saw one of the few things in the galaxy that scared him. Marie's black eyes were flaming as she dictated to her husband.
    "If you ever do something that stupid again, I'll kill you myself.", with that she curled away and plopped back on the pillows.

Well? How was it? Shorter than usual, but the posts will get longer soon. Speaking of future posts, the next one could be up tomorrow, but probably won't be until Thursday.

10. Rogue_Even

Rogue_Even Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Oooh! Another wonderful post!! *huggles* Get the next out soon before the wait kills me! ;)

*glues herself to the thread to wait*

Not surprisingly, wonderful work, Padawan! :D :D

11. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    oh! great second half! I liked it!!!!! keep up the good work Jek

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That first post was suspenseful but I knew that Organa wasn't going to die by the way you ended it. I figured a Jedi might stop him. That second post was hilarious with Bail's wife. Keep it up

13. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow, good post Jek!

14. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey, if you wanted to make his wife real angry you should have used Bail as bait. :D ;)

15. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Thanks to everyone who replied. :)

I might be able to get the next post up tomorrow afternoon, depends on how much wrting and editing I get done tonight.

16. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Sorry, but I won't be able to post today. First, I decided to rewrite it and I have to go on a trip today. I'll be back Sunday, so I should be able to post on Monday. Again, sorry to all those who're waiting for the post. Thank you for your time :).

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wow! A lot to catch up on here Jek. I'll post more when I've read it all. So far I'm finding it fascinating and very original. Great work. :) It's great to see Jango involved. A bit of "NZ" influence. :D

18. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Great posts Jek! Sorry I haven't been around all that much, I haven't been very faithful on reading stories lately. I really like reading this though. It's starting to climax.

And about Siri's character, I wasn't really thinking too much about it when I read it, but I don't remember thinking, hey, he's got her all wrong. So take that as it must have been all right.

I can't wait for more!

JB

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yep - this is great Jek. I like Marie, and enjoyed the dialogue between her and her husband.

You also have some wonderful images; Alderaan as a pearl in space for instance.

Jango is a force to be reckoned with - very much the man of business. With any luck he'll find himself up against Marie's wrath - heh heh.

20. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Chapter Four

Two days. For two days the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy had been prisoner on a planet that hadn?t seen warfare in millennia. Stranger things had happened. The guards had tried to interrogate him, tried to get him to rat out Lord Sidious. Fett had responded to none of the inquiries, knowing that if he did, his fate would be far worse than anything these peace-spoiled ?soldiers? could do. In frustration, Organa had resorted to more psychological warfare, keeping Jango awake, playing annoying noises over and over. With these a failure, Osanu now left the door to Jango?s cell open; keeping the hunter bound with auto-blasters trained on him, of course.
    Fett sat silently in his chair, waiting for the inexperienced guards to make a mistake. Just one would be enough to allow the bounty to escape. Suddenly the man heard the unmistakable giggling of small children. Jango?s auburn head snapped up, this might be the blunder he was looking for. His brown eyes caught sight of the younglings, two boys, who appeared to be very young. Jango?s eyes widened. One the toddlers had the same jet black hair as Osanu, the other, however, had a mane of dirty blonde hair. Fett said nothing, he didn?t have to, and the boys would come in on their own accord.
    Jango was soon proven right. The blonde haired kid led the other along, who was busy cowering behind his companion?s back. Fett had to admire the child; most toddlers wouldn?t wander into a dungeon, let alone a dungeon with the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy inside. The blonde walked through the door with curiosity brimming from his ice-blue eyes.
    ?What?s your name, kid?? Jango spoke for the first time since he began this ill-fated mission. Those ice eyes considered the hunter for a moment, and then answered without a hint of fear.
    ?I?m Anakin Skywalker,?, said the boy, then jabbing his thumb at his back, ?And this is Bail Organa.? Jango again acclaimed Anakin?s courage. Time to test its limits and the how much he could use them.
    ?Aren?t you scared of me? I?m sure your parents have told you how dangerous I am.?, Fett said evenly. Most little boys would be scared stiff by this man. It was obvious Anakin was not ?most little boys?.
    ?That?s true, they have told us to stay away from you, but you?re tied, I don?t think you can hurt us. Can you??, the boy said with the honesty that is the sole luxury of five-year-olds. Jango took his time responding, he didn?t want to send the boys away, but they needed to fear him. Only then could he use them.
    ?Maybe, I don?t know. But, do you want to be here when I find out?? Bail seemed to cower even more at the veiled threat but Anakin simply continued to gaze at the bounty hunter. Ice blue eyes flashed and Skywalker abruptly walked to the table behind the prisoner, leaving a terrified Bail behind.
    ?Why are you so afraid of me? Your daddy had me tied up and put in here.?, Fett said evenly. Bail looked petrified for a moment longer, then seemed to sum up his courage.
    ?My mommy said that you tried to do a really bad thing to me. Just like you did to the other Senator?s little boys.?, he said timidly. Jango had to hide a feral sneer; Bail would be ridiculously easy to manipulate, Anakin on the other hand might cause a problem. The prisoner wished he could see what the braver boy was doing behind him. Fett shrugged it off, time to make Bail his.
    ?Well, I-?,
    ?I?m done, time to go. Mom?s making sandwiches for lunch so c?mon!?, Anakin interrupted. The toddlers walked out the door at a brisk pace, now seeming to want to get a way from Jango as quickly as possible. Anger was one of the few emotions that Jango?s face was capable of showing. His face was definitely more animated now.

Forty meters away, climbing the stairs out of the mostly empty dungeon, young Skywalker halted. He dug his hands into his pockets and withdrew a small circular device.
    ?What?s that??, Bail wondered.
    ?It?s a holo, I tried playing it when I found it, but it?s locked, but-?
    ?You?ve never met a machine that didn?t l

21. Rogue_Even

Rogue_Even Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Ohhh! This might be my fave post so far. I love your portrayal of little Anakin! Can't wait to see what happens later on with Jango! Things look to be pretty exciting. ;)

22. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    How was it?

Great post Jek! You moved the story along a lot in it. I thought the first part was best. You're writing of Jango and Anakin was good.

Did I get Qui-Gon right?

I don't know if it's so much did you get Qui-Gon right as did you get both him and Obi-Wan right. For the most part they were fine, but there were some parts that really bothered me about them. If you want more detail pm me.

In the last part, I tried to make the reader feel they were sharing Palps emotions, did I succeed?

Yes, I got the gist of the emotions. Could have been a little bit stronger though.

This was a good post Jek. I'm you haven't given up on it or anything like that. If you need any help just ask. And, thanks for the pm, it really helps to recieve them.

JB

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Very good post well worth the wait. Post more soon. But so you know I will be gone 20th-27th so I can't read or reply.

24. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, it was fine. Interesting story you have going here. I'll be back...you'll probably have to remind me. ;)

25. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    WOW!! I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner but Earth days or just too short.:) The images are wonderful as Tahi pointed out earlier and the action and drama are excellent as well. I meant to visit this story sooner but between fic writing(I have 3 in progress!) and reviewing, well not enough time. Great story so far and very original. I also plan on visiting your new vig when I can find a spare second. I'll be looking for more soon. Thanks for the PM, I'll be back as soon as time allows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.