main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO A Galaxy of Music-The Star Wars Soundtracks

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Wasn't arguing, my nerdy meter just had a little overflow there... ;)

2. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I know. I was kidding.

3. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    That has gotta be one of my favorite tracks.

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Did everyone manage to catch the "Tragedy" ROTS commercial? It featured the new track "Battle of the Heroes," which is the main theme from ROTS. I absoultely loved it, the choir and build up at the end made it clear that this will be a epic track of music, very fitting for what it will be played with in the movie.

Also, TOS had a preview of another track up last night, from when Grevious travels to Utapau. It almost reminded me of the "Droid Landing" from TPM in a way, fitting I suppose. I liked it well enough anyway, I just wish they would have previewed something more juicy. :p

5. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    I can't wait to hear the music from the one of the duels. Can't name it, haven't figured out how to blacout.

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Battle of the Heroes is going to be the best theme track since Duel of the Fates. Period. I heard that track off the new TV trailer, Tragedy, it was very good.

7. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    After it finishes downloading in about a half hour, I'll let you in on my views of "Battle of the Heroes." :)

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Tsk, tsk.

9. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm such a tease, aren't I? [face_mischief]

EDIT: "Battle of the Heroes" is everything we could have hoped for and more. The use of the choir gives it such an epic and dramatic feel that just capatultes in into greatness. It is by far, my new favorite prequel track, and maybe even of all six movies, it's simply amazing.

10. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I posted it over on the spoiler thread, but I guess this would be a more appropriate spot. Sorry!

01 - Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith 7:31
    03 - Battle Of The Heroes 3:42
    09 - Anakin vs. Obi-Wan 3:57
    15 - A New Hope and End Credits 13:06

We can't link stuff like that on here, sorry!

11. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Where did you find it at, to sample the music? Amazon showed that the music cd doesn't even come out until early May. Grrr more waiting.
    I love the Star Wars music..almost as much as the Lord of the Rings music.

12. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    The whole soundtrack is online now...

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    NO!!! I knew it was going to happen! I miss something this weekend, all because of my stupid PC! I bet it's gone now... :_| :_|

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, from a certain someone on here, I was able to listen to all of the ROTS soundtrack.

There hasn't been a better SW soundtrack since ROTJ. Now don't get me wrong, DotF is one of the best themes ever, but I'm sorry, all of ROTS is great.

I think I might have a rundown of each track and what I think of it at Jedi Wars soon. If time allows.

15. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I agree, the soundtrack has been really fun to listen to while I have been making my costume. The only complaint I have is that the music for the obi-anakin duel is so weak. I was really looking for something as powful as the Duel of the Fates from phantom menace, for that part of the movie.

16. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    The only complaint I have is that the music for the obi-anakin duel is so weak. I was really looking for something as powful as the Duel of the Fates from phantom menace, for that part of the movie.

Don't give up hope just yet. I seem to recall that the cues on the soundtrack didn't exactly line up with what came out in Ep1&2, due to editing choices (podrace music ended up as final battle music, etc.). Is there better music in a different track that might end up in the duel? There was also heavy use of Ep1 cues in Ep2, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear DotF in Ep3.

17. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    I would be dissapointed if DotF was not in the duel. I thought it would be cool, though, if during the last leg of the fight, they played Anakin's theme from Episode I with a full brass section, really loud, blending into a slower version of the Imperial March as he gets engulfed by lava.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Spoilers!!!!!

18. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I was always hopeful that Anakin's theme would become more and more the imperial march as the prequels progressed.

I do kind of wonder if DotF shouldn't have been saved for Ep3. It will be a shame if the Ep1 fight is scored more impressively than the Ep3 one.

May 19th can't come soon enough...

19. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    I just got the soundtrack LEGALLY and it's pretty good. I was a little dissapointed though. I love "Battle of the Heroes", but there was a surprising lack of Imperial Marchness. I'm sure it'll be in the movie alot more, and that that's just how they cut the soundtrack. "Padme's Ruminations" was good, but very un-Star Warsy. My favorite part by far was when Qui-Gon's Funeral Music showed up in "Birth of the Twins/Padme's Destiny." I laughed out loud when I heard it for two reasons: 1) I had just told Pat that was my favorite part from tPM, and he just laughed; 2) I laugh when I experience ultimate coolness. Also, is it just me, or does "Anakin's Dark Deeds" sound an awful lot like track 4 from the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack? (I think it's called "Treason of Isengard")

Well, there's my extremely long review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.