main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Game of Chess (Repost, Vignette, Dark Side)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Solent, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm back with the improved version of this story. Sorry it took me so long to post something. Darth Real Life got a hold of me.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

<~>~<~>~<~>

Disclaimer: I, of course, own nothing.
    Summary: A letter written by the hand of the Dark Side.

<~>~<~>~<~>

A Game of Chess

Dear Finder,

Darkness. Utter Darkness. No one would listen. No one understood anything that my voice whispered. Everyone pushed me away; even those who served my twin ignored my call when I spoke.

I am left within the darkness, the abyss, and complete isolation. There have been only a few people who heed my warnings and obey me. Yet there are too many who remain disobedient. I must be patient to be heard, and patience takes time.

Time never slows or hastens its steady pace. I have time, all eternity.

Let me cast a shadow onto the story, so you will understand where I am coming from.

My Brother and I are twins, completely opposite twins. He is always cheerful and has many friends and his servants serve him willingly. I, on the other hand, am always quiet, and I know what others do not. When I try to warn anyone, they look at me as though I am unsightly and leave.

Finally, after much time and with much patience, I earned the trust of an enormous army. Now I would have revenge on my Brother and his warriors, for they refused to give an ear to my voice, and allow me to help them when they are troubled.

Yes revenge, sweet revenge will be mine.

I stood in my black clothes and cape, which calmly flew in the wind, with my powerful arms crossed over my broad chest, glowered coolly with my fiery eyes into my grand army who littered the valley of Shadows. Thoughts of the present, past and future wandered through my head as I glared.

This battle was mine.

Before I would lead such a great army into battle against my brother again, I smiled, finally content my warnings and desires would be done, and secretly hoping it would be done thoroughly this time.

At the sight of my army, however, I received word that my brother gathered his loyal servants and set them up for war in the event which I decided to do so.

My brother was clever, as he always is. He would go along with everything, but eventually wait for me to attack. I must say it grows tiring after many times, but not now. No. With an army at my command I willingly gave the order to attack.

Lightsabers collided loudly.

Standing on the high hill overlooking the battle within the valley, as my hollow gaze rose, my dark hood shifted as my eyes locked on my Brother standing directly in front of me on the other side of the valley. As if sensing me, he turned from directing his army, and his wise eyes fell onto my empty soul. We stared for several moments, oblivious to the battle around us, and the blood that was being shed.

Scarlet blades crashed against cerulean and emerald sabers forcefully.

The wind around us picked up, thick with the different powers we wield. It chillingly snaked around our bodies, starting at our booted-feet and traveled upward until it completely covered us. Our cloaks whipped wildly in the powers, but my Brother and I never wavered once, as our eyes remained locked together, shielding our emotions.

Emerald blades swiftly twirled.

With the blink of an eye, my Brother vanished from the hill into the battle, joining his people to defeat me. This angered me as I watched him with his powers overcoming my armies.

Finally, I crossed my arms determinedly, observing my Brother, as he successfully came to conquer my armies. I wasn?t worried, of course. I have all the time in the galaxy.

Azure sabers slammed against scarlet forcefully.

This is only a game, a game of chess. My Brother, the Light Side, and I, the Dark Side, often fight each other. His servants, the Jedi, and mine, the Sith do our will. The armies are as the pawns on the board, none of which are important. They do our will then are finished. Yet, there is

2. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Wow. That was an awsome look at the two sides of the Force. Creepy, but really enjoyable to read.

3. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm so glad you decided to repost this, Solent. :) So wonderfully original, and yes, even a bit creepy! I love it. :D

4. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Xeana, thank you! With some stories, creepy can be good. ;) I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan, thanks for reading and helping me make the final decision to repost it. I wasn't too sure about it, but thanks. Glad you still like it. :)

((Solent))

5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Wow! That's so creepily cool! Do you have a letter from the opposite side?

6. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Laine_Snowtrekker- Thank you! I've been working on a letter from the Light Side, but haven't finished it. I don't know when I will finish it, but I'm working on it. I'm glad you liked the story. Thanks again!

((Solent))

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    This was wonderful to read again. :) I had to dig out my Holst CD for the full effect. 8-}

I loved your addition at the end. Chilling as always. I can see the dark one with his capes flying in the winds... always there waiting in the shadows.

The next letter sounds wonderful to compliment this. :)

8. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Altaira- Great to hear from you! I?m delighted you still enjoy this story and liked the addition to it. I wasn?t too sure about it. Thanks. :)

As for the next letter, yes I?m working on it, and I hope to post it, but I can?t promise when.

Anyway thanks for reading and responding. :)

((Solent))

9. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002

I was debating whether I should try to read SW fanfiction after a year and a half of pursuing other fandoms, and I'm most certainly glad that I chose to!!!

^_^ This was wonderfully constructed, with a mysterious air, and leaves you thinking about what he'll do next. Good job!

10. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Jedi_Cyana- This was wonderfully constructed, with a mysterious air, and leaves you thinking about what he'll do next. Good job!? Thank you! The Dark Side is always deceitful, which is why I wrote it. I?m pleased you enjoyed it.

((Solent))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.