main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Game of Clue - Congrats Tyi and Lily For Winning Castle Murder Clue!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by LemmingLord, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    For Six Players:

The classic game of detective work, retooled for force.net forums with added drama/rp flare.

There can be six players; each representing one of these colors:

Yellow Green Red Blue White Purple

I will play your host; and PrincessChattyCathy will be the hostess.

Signup by adding your name and color-themed character name to the roster below, such as

1. [RED] Some_Player67 - Ludmilla De'Flame

MURDER AT THE MANSION:
    Mr. Boddy has been killed. Your characters are all suspects and all want to know what really happened.

OBJECTIVE 1: Find Out Who Killed Mr. Boddy, With What Weapon and in What Room.
    OBJECTIVE 2: Play your character in an entertaining thematic way that gets you votes from the other players.

Suspects: one of the six characters on the roster corresponding to yellow, green, red, blue, white and purple.
    Weapons: Knife, Candlestick, Revolver, Rope, Lead Pipe, Wrench
    Rooms: Hall, Lounge, Dining Room, Kitchen, Ballroom, Conservatory, Billiard Room, Library and Study.

Starting the Game:
    Once we have all six player slots filled, I will post an official "START GAME! Post.
    Each player will get sent a list of clues. You each know three weapons/rooms/suspects that were NOT involved.
    A player's first suggestion/accusation post should introduce their "character" to the group.

Making a Suggestion/Accusation:
    Players should post once per day with a suggestion/accusation as to who killed Mr. Boddy; with what weapon and in which room. Only one such suggestion/accusation post is allowed per day per player; a player not making a suggesttion/accusation is a 24 hr period gets a demerit which may be used against him/her in the "quality poster award" portion of the game.

Players may make as many posts as they like in a day, but only one suggestion/accusation per day.

Proving a Suggestion True or False:
    In the board game, other players look at their starting clues and the first player to the players left shows one clue if it proves one of the player's accusation as false...

In THIS version of the game, I (or the HOSTESS) will handle that portion for you all at once at the beginning of every morning with a post listing all the accusations and who responded (not with how they responded of course). I will send a WHISPER PM to each to share which information was disproved.

Note that you get only one WHISPER per turn from the first player to your left (next on the roster) to have a clue for you. So that player may have several clues that would help you, but I'm only going to show you one.

Winners:
    The player to accuse the right people, using the right weapon and in the right room wins the DETECTIVE award. I check these in the morning all at once. If two players make the same accusation, the player with the fewest demerits wins. If two players make the same accusation and have the same number of demerits, the one that comes first on the roster wins.

Once that winner has been declared, it will be time to vote for the QUALITY POSTER award. The players will vote for the player they thought posted THE VERY BEST MOST ENTERTAINING AND ENJOYABLE posts of the game by sending me a private message to that effect. In the case of a tie, my assistant will select her very favorite of those in the tie.

Both winners will get colors for 24-hours. NOTE: a player can win both the DETECTIVE and QUALITY POSTER award; they then get colors for 48-hours (maybe even 72 if I can get the mods to agree!)

---
    Post Sample
    Accusations From Yesterday:
    1. [Red] YELLOW, KNIFE, HALL (Yellow Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    2. [Yellow] YELLOW, CANDLESTICK, STUDY (WHITE Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    3. [White] RED, REVOLVER, HALL (BLUE Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    4. [Green] GREEN, ROPE, HALL (PURPLE Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    5. [Blue] RED, ROPE, BILLIARD ROOM (No One Whispered)
    6. [Purple] PURPLE, LEAD PIPE, BILLIARD ROOM (Yellow Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    ---
    PM Sample
    To SOMEPLAYER_67

2. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    1. [Red] - _princess_leia_ - Crimson Fuego
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue]
    6. [Purple]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    2. [Yellow] Healer_Leona - Missy Sunshine
    3. [White]
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue]
    6. [Purple]

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    3. [White] - RX_Sith - Dental Paste
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue]
    6. [Purple]

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    4. [Green] - Tyi-Maet_Nefer - Broc McColi
    5. [Blue]
    6. [Purple]

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    5. [Blue] - BartSimpson-SithLord - Cobalt Skye
    6. [Purple]

7. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    6. [Purple] - Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan - Royal Jester

8. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Game On!!!!

We have our cast of characters! I will set up the board over here at Clue Headquarters, divvy out the cards, and PM everyone their opening hand!!! Since we are all signed up so early, we will start accusations today!!

6. [Purple] - Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan - Royal Jester

THE MANSION: The six of you are looking down the stairs to the cellar floor where you see the body of Mr. Boddy being zipped up into a body bag by Chief Inspector Brown.

"Due to plot contrivenences I cannot fully disclose; instead of actually conducting an investigation myself, I am going to let the six of you make accusations until one of them sounds correct to me.."

Think about why your character is at the mansion, why you would have killed him (because any of you may have done it!), and perhaps how it is that you don't know whether or not you did it!!! I'll send you your clues momentarily. You can wait for my PM or just start posting.

NOTE: when you want to make your accusation for the day, put the SUSPECT, WEAPON and ROOM in CAPS at the bottom of your post and try to incorporate each of them into your post as well...
    ---
    Example Accusation Post:
    Ronald Red thought maybe he himself did it... There was so much drink imbibed while they were playing Billiards last night... Maybe it was just a dream, but... He touched the lead pipe and got a sense of de ja vu....and a feeling of a strange satsifaction......
    RED BILLIARDS ROOM LEAD PIPE
    --

9. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Hi Everyone I will be co-hosting with the fabulous Lemming lord. If you check your PM boxes you will see a PM or two from one of us. I am looking forward to reading your posts.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Good Luck with this! I'll be watching. The EUC has been testing out a version of Clue, but its definitely not the same as how you've set it up.

11. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Jun 7, 2005
    The Royal Jester immediately raised his hand and declared himself the murderer. "Fine, I confess, it was me. Our host stole my 50 year old French wine, which I had safely placed in my backup jester hat. I found him running down to the cellar with the wine, probably to add it to his own collection of alcoholic beverages. I took my candlestick and smashed it into the back of his head, and he toppled down the stairs. He deserved what he got."

PURPLE, CANDLESTICK, DINING ROOM

12. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    Crimson would not peg the Jester for a murder, so she decided to speak up.

"I'm not so sure about that Jester. I saw Missy Sunshine walking out of the Study last night with a candlestick that looked to be dripping with a red liquid that was a little to thin to be candle wax."

YELLOW, CANDLESTICK, STUDY

13. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Jun 7, 2005
    The Jester, firmly believing his own story, countered Crimson's. "Red Liquid!!! It's obvious what it was. MY WINE!!! Missy Sunshine must have picked up the candlestick lying next to our host, which had shattered the bottle. Will you just arrest me? I'm confessing, right here and now."

14. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Dental Paste squeezes through the crowded room of suspects. "Has everyone flossed their molars, cuspids, and bicuspids today?" He flashed his big toothy grin which practically blinds everyone in the room. "Jester, how can you say that you did it when clearly, my smile will knock anyone dead from its' crystal clear whiteness. I did it. Search me, I dare you."

WHITE, CANDLESTICK, LIBRARY

15. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Detective Brown looked over his notes and shrugged. "A likely story... this is a murder mystery... I'm not saying you are or aren't the killer...but I don't make no arrests until the final chapter... Unless you want to break out to prove your innocent or something..." he considers that..

Detective Brown slaps the cuffs on Jester's hands behind his back. "Ok, you're arrested." I love this job. He leaves you with the cuffs on but sneaks away from you to go look in the library; he heard some of the ladies are there making other accusations.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This looks excellent!! I love the way you've set it up :)

Good luck to all the players!! This is a fun boardgame and a fabulous movie :D

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    "Ms. Fuego, how can you even say that?" Missy Sunshine frets over the surprising accusation, saddling up to the Detective.

Holding on to his arm, Missy bats her big brown eyes at him.

"I was never alone with the man. I'm sure others had ample time and provocation to murder him. In fact, Broc McColi was doing those silly rope tricks eariler and after dinner the rope just disappeared."

Green - Rope - Dining Room

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    "Hah!" Cobalt Skye chuckled as he leaned back from the scene and grabbed a hot, steaming cup of coffee. Taking a sip he shook his head. "Flighty accusations never soar for long, my fellow suspects." He took a look around, his piercing sapphire eyes landing on the woman who was cuddling up to the detective. "Nor does getting closer to the law always protect one from crime." Taking another sip, "You were close, Miss Maroon, but not nearly close enough to solve this case. I too saw the mustard philly carrying something metal from a room. Only it wasn't a light, it was a pipe, and the room wasn't for studying, but for finding material to study." He chugged the cup of coffee as he finished. "And that's the bitter truth."

YELLOW - LEAD PIPE - LIBRARY

19. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    "Well that does sound mighty suspicious....better cuff Miss Sunshine too...."

Detective Brown cuffs himself to the pretty woman who had her arm on his. "You understand its just a precaution..." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively at her.

He clicks on his tape recorder, "Diane, we've got a major situation here at THE MANSION. Beautiful women abound. One of them has been extra nice to me... and already the finger's been pointed in her direction... If I'm killed, please note if I have a smile on my face."

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    "I didn't do it," Missy pouts as she glances from the handcuffs up to the detective's face. "Though," she sighs with a quirked smile, "I suppose I could be in worse company."

21. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    "You are very kind... and probably the prettiest girl I've ever shackled myself to. Speaking of which, you have an incredible smile.. How close are you to Mr. White's-His-Face over there, the dentist?"

22. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
  23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Broc McColi

Smoothing his hands over the breasts of his suède suit, Broc gave an appreciative smile at his own appearance. His suit jacket and pants were of a mellow green colour, their nature that of a national forest that is easy on the eyes. His shirt, bowtie, cuffs and shoes on the other hand were all resplendent like a waxed lime. Peaking out from his suit at critical junctions, the bright green clashed with the rest of his clothes so much that one might think he had stepped out of a tropical jungle and taken some of the colour with him.

Kind eyes gave a brief twinkle above a fading smile as Broc slowly raised his head. The body bag of Mr Boddy had caused an appreciative sorrow to wash over him. Seeing some of his fellow guests immediately make accusations - some loudly, some gruffly and one suggestively - Broc returned his kind smile to his face. He couldn't let such young men and women suffer or bicker over such a tragedy. Their lives would be ruined. He knew what he need to do; his sacrifice would be quiet and humble.

Approaching the Detective who was currently cuffed to a stunning young lady, Broc's face was gentle and understanding. He smiled at the lady and gave a brief nod indicating the detective.

"May I have a quick word with our Lawman here, young miss?"

24. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Detective Brown shielded his eyes from the beautiful, yet dangerous, green suit of the kind-faced man on approach.

He uncuffed his wrist, leaving the cuffs still dangling from Miss Sunshine, "Pardon me ma'm. We shall have to continue this later..soon..and often..."

Detective Brown's own suit was a particular color of brown known as drab. He moved over with the man in green to a hall so they could be private, "yes.. what can I help you with... you're the only one I've not heard an accusation from today..."

25. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Hey, it happenned. Put me on PM list for next game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.