main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Game of Clue - Congrats Tyi and Lily For Winning Castle Murder Clue!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by LemmingLord, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I'm all for a new game.

2. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    There will be a new game starting Saturday in the JCC. It will be another free form. I am discussing with my cohost and the mods on ways to mix it up soon as well.

I STILL NEED SOME VOTES for quality player!!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, that was quick!

Congrats Tyi!! [:D] [:D]

4. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I think there's still one more vote remaining - i'll wait until my noon hour to get in the last vote and share the quality poster winner with everyone!

5. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    And the winner of the Quality Poster award is.....

BartSimpson-SithLord, for his portrayal of the caffeinated Cobalt Skye.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks to all who voted for me. This game was a blast, and portraying Cobalt was always a fun time.

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Congrats, Bart! Well deserved!

=D= for a good game. :D

8. 21st

21st Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    1.[RED]
    2.[YELLOW] 21st-Dr. Goldenrod
    3.[WHITE]
    4.[GREEN]
    5.[BLUE]
    6.{PURPLE]

I was told we were starting a new game?

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I believe it's in the YJCC.

10. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    It is time for another game of clue.
    This week we have a winter theme.

MURDER IN THE SNOW
    The Great White Murder at the Lodge of Death
    Same basic rules as listed on page 1 with NEW WEAPONS! NEW ROOMS!

There can be six players; each representing one of these colors:

Yellow Green Red Blue White Purple

I will play your host; and PrincessChattyCathy will be the hostess.

Signup by adding your name and color-themed character name to the roster below, such as

1. [RED] Some_Player27 - June Redsled

MURDER AT THE LODGE:
    Mr. Boddy has been killed. Your characters are all suspects and all want to know what really happened.

OBJECTIVE 1: Find Out Who Killed Mr. Boddy, With What Weapon and in What Room.
    OBJECTIVE 2: Play your character in an entertaining thematic way that gets you votes from the other players.

Suspects: one of the six characters on the roster corresponding to yellow, green, red, blue, white and purple.
    Weapons: Ski Pole, Ice Pick, Shovel, Hatchet, The Rope, and Hunting Rifle.
    Rooms: Kitchen, Pro Shop, Servant's Quarters, The Bar, Dining Hall, Sauna, The Great Room, Manager's Office and Gift Shop.

Starting the Game:
    Once we have all six player slots filled, I will post an official "START GAME! Post.
    Each player will get sent a list of clues. You each know three weapons/rooms/suspects that were NOT involved.
    A player's first suggestion/accusation post should introduce their "character" to the group.

Making a Suggestion/Accusation:
    Players should post once per day with a suggestion/accusation as to who killed Mr. Boddy; with what weapon and in which room. Only one such suggestion/accusation post is allowed per day per player; a player not making a suggesttion/accusation is a 24 hr period gets a demerit which may be used against him/her in the "quality poster award" portion of the game.

Players may make as many posts as they like in a day, but only one suggestion/accusation per day.

Proving a Suggestion True or False:
    In the board game, other players look at their starting clues and the first player to the players left shows one clue if it proves one of the player's accusation as false...

In THIS version of the game, I (or the HOSTESS) will handle that portion for you all at once at the beginning of every morning with a post listing all the accusations and who responded (not with how they responded of course). I will send a WHISPER PM to each to share which information was disproved.

Note that you get only one WHISPER per turn from the first player to your left (next on the roster) to have a clue for you. So that player may have several clues that would help you, but I'm only going to show you one.

Winners:
    The player to accuse the right people, using the right weapon and in the right room wins the DETECTIVE award. I check these in the morning all at once. If two players make the same accusation, the player with the fewest demerits wins. If two players make the same accusation and have the same number of demerits, the one that comes first on the roster wins.

Once that winner has been declared, it will be time to vote for the QUALITY POSTER award. The players will vote for the player they thought posted THE VERY BEST MOST ENTERTAINING AND ENJOYABLE posts of the game by sending me a private message to that effect. In the case of a tie, my assistant will select her very favorite of those in the tie.

Both winners will get colors for 24-hours. NOTE: a player can win both the DETECTIVE and QUALITY POSTER award; they then get colors for 48-hours (maybe even 72 if I can get the mods to agree!)

---
    Post Sample
    Accusations From Yesterday:
    1. [Red] YELLOW, SKI POLE, SAUNA (Yellow Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    2. [Yellow] YELLOW, HUNTING RIFLE, PRO SHOP (WHITE Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    3. [White] RED, HATCHET, GIFT SHOP (BLUE Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    4. [Green] GREEN, HATCHET, THE GREAT ROOM (PURPLE Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    5. [Blue] RED, ICE PICK, THE GREAT R

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    1. [Red]
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue] - Cobalt Skye - BartSimpson-SithLord
    6. [Purple]

12. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    1. [Red]
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]
    4. [Green]
    6. [Purple] - Maria Magenta - MarasFire

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Yay, another round!

1. [Red]
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]
    4. [Green] - Emerald Hunter - Kelia

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    1. [Red] Stopp Sine - Tyi-Maet_Nefer
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]

15. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    1. [Red] Stopp Sine - Tyi-Maet_Nefer
    2. [Yellow] - Dr. Goldenrod - 21st
    3. [White] - Dental Paste - RX_Sith

16. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Game On at the Murder Lodge!!!!

We have our cast of characters! I will set up the virtual board over here at Clue Headquarters, divvy out the virtual cards, and PM everyone their opening clues. We can begin accusations today.

Color Player Character
    Red Tyi-Maet_Nefer Stopp Sine
    Yellow 21st Dr. Goldenrod
    White RX_Sith Dental Paste
    Green KELIA Emerald Hunter
    Blue BartSimpson-SithLord Cobalt Skye
    Purple MarasFire Maria Magenta

THE LODGE: The six player characters have been roused from their sleep and assembled on the back porch of THE LODGE. There, zipped up in a body bag, is Mr. Boddy, a man who just took ownership of the ski lodge reently and who invited each of the six players to a sneak peak of the place a few days before the slopes open for business.

The local Sheriff, Vernon Wood, strokes his full brown and grey beard thoughtfully, 'there has been a murder. I am going to talk to you each in turn and I want to hear what happened last night. I have it on good authority that no other individuals were here at the time of the murder so it has got to be one of you."

THE SHERIFF TALKS TO EACH OF YOU IN THE MANAGER'S OFFICE. FOR YOUR FIRST POST, GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT OF THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED.. TRY TO RESPOND AS THOUGH YOU DIDN'T HEAR THE OTHER CHARACTER'S DESCRIPTION, BUT TRY TO INCLUDE IDEAS AND THEMES FROM THE OTHER PLAYERS' RECOLLECTIONS TO TELL THE STORY FROM YOUR CHARACTER'S POINT OF VIEW... THIS FIRST POST WILL BE AN ACCUSATION, SO BE SURE TO INCLUDE SUSPECT, WEAPON AND ROOM INFORMATION AT THE BOTTOM.

Think about why your character is at the lodge, why you would have killed him (because any of you may have done it!), and perhaps how it is that you don't know whether or not you did it!!! I'll send you your clues momentarily. You can wait for my PM or just start posting.

NOTE: when you want to make your accusation for the day, put the SUSPECT, WEAPON and ROOM in CAPS at the bottom of your post and try to incorporate each of them into your post as well...
    ---
    Example Accusation Post:
    Ronald Red thought maybe he himself did it... There was so much drink imbibed while they were playing darts in the GREAT ROOM... Maybe it was just a dream, but... He touched the ice pick and got a sense of de ja vu....and a feeling of a strange satsifaction......
    RED GREAT ROOM ICE PICK
    --

17. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    (oops double post!)

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Emerald yawned sleepily as she sank into plush sofa against the wall. ?I just can?t believe Mr. Boddy has been murdered,? she began, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. ?I just saw him?,? her words trailed off as she realized her memory of the events prior to her going to bed were a bit murky.

She glanced sheepishly at Sheriff Wood, before continuing. ?Well to be honest with you, I?m not a hundred percent sure of when exactly I saw Mr. Boddy last, but I did see him last night. I guess we all did when we arrived. He greeted each of us, you know,? she added with a smile.

She paused, her brows furrowing close together as she desperately tried to piece together the events of the evening. ?We gathered in the bar for a quick drink and then?,? she bit her lip. ?Well, I admit I had a few, we all did,? she laughed nervously.

?And I don?t recall everything that happened,? she sighed, her cheeks reddening. ?This is a bit embarrassing sheriff but you may as well know now, I had a few words with Mr. Boddy. I was so angry I could have -,? she froze as sheriff Brown?s eyes narrowed. ?Perhaps I did,? she realized, dread filling her. ?Sheriff,? she whispered softly, ?GREEN ? SHOVEL ? TROPHY ROOM?

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    My goodness, I told you I had a bit to drink," Emerald sighed upon learning there is no trophy room in the lodge. "There are so many rooms, how can I possibly keep them straight?" She inhaled deeply, "let me correct myself. GREEN - SHOVEL - PRO SHOP".

20. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Dental Paste oozed his way into the room flashing his gleaming white teeth, "I hope that everyone has brushed and flossed their teeth. Poor Mr. Buddy there has obviously not seen the dentist lately. Perhaps, that is why Ms. Emerald killed the sorry sap, but I believe with a more sinister type of weapon. After all, her last name is Hunter."

Green - Hunting rifle - Pro Shop

21. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Cobalt stared at the Sheriff cooly before taking a sip of his fresh brewed cup of coffee. "You want to know how Mr. Boddy became nothing but a body, am I correct?" He asked, knowing it would only draw an obvious answer. Taking another sip he leaned forward. "All the colors of the rainbow had gathered in the bar to have a drink. Most were dulling their senses and minds, while I stayed true and only drank the bitter truth of freshly brewed coffee. I believe, Sheriff Stick, that you're looking for the bloody one stained with someone else's, wielding a weapon sharp enough to pierce crystal water. And such a deed commonly fueled by avarice could only be commited in the home of greed." Taking another sip, he slammed the cup on the desk in front of him. "That's where you'll find this event took place."

RED - ICE PICK - PRO SHOP

22. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Sheriff Wood looked at the clock on the wall, "Dangit... I thought I'd have statements from all the witnesses at this point..."

Hey everyone, I'm going to give our other three players another day for their first post. Thanks for those who have already responded; feel free to elaborate on your statements if you'd like. :)

Also - RX-Sith, you seemed to have signed up player 21st for this.. Not cool! Can you get us a new player for yellow for us?

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Stopp Sine

Unperturbed by a murder having just taken place, Stopp stood rigid and tall. He was in the manager's office and right at the end of giving his account of what had happened.

"... so in conclusion, I think it highly likely, and most probable, that Cobalt Skye is our culprit."

He stopped there; perhaps he would mull over what he had just said over the course of the day.

[Red's Accusation] BLUE - SHOVEL - THE BAR

(sorry, no time :p)

24. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Deputy Betty Blush enters THE LODGE. Hello Sheriff I just received your message about the murder and am here to assist you in your investigation.

25. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    "Hey Betty. What a mess this all is. Thanks for getting here as fast as you could. I know your snowmobile race was going to be today. Sorry you might be late to it..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.