main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Game of Clue - Congrats Tyi and Lily For Winning Castle Murder Clue!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by LemmingLord, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Ally Azure paused as something occured to her. "You know what Sheriff, I wasn't thinking about this before but I think I know who the killer is!"

"Who?" Mr. Buff asked curiously and somewhat skeptically.

"When we were all dining yesterday, that Madame Scarlett left a bit early. Soon after was when Mr. Stiff was found dead. I know she had a large container of oil of some kind in her purse. She was sitting next to me and I saw it when she was looking for her lipstick. And she mentioned something about returning to her suite." Ally explained.

"So you think it was Madame Scarlett?"

"Absolutely," Ally said with a grin.

Madame Scarlett- Honeymoon Suite- Erotic Oil

2. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    CORRECTION!!! CORRECTION!!! CORRECTION!!!

In Round Two I said:
    Violet Hayes Suggested it Was Jock Envy in the Public Baths with the Candlestick. (Violet reveals evidence against the claim.)

Should have been BARRY BLANC who reveals evidence agains the claim...

3. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Phew! That really confused me, cause Violet Hayes seemed to know WAY too much.

4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Thanks Lemming. I was curious why you had said Violet to begin with, instead of "No Whispers In Response" ? silly me I should have said something earlier. :p

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Desolate Sand

Imagine tumbleweed floating across an empty plain. That was the speed of thoughts that moved through Des's mind. By the time the weed cleared the plain, he could have had a couple wild western fights already finished.

"Violet. Stole chocolate. From servant's," was all Des managed to say. His brain had seriously switched off.

[Yellow's Accusation] PURPLE - CHOCOLATE - SERVANT'S QUARTERS

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    "Violet. Stole chocolate. From servant's," was all Des managed to say

"ME?" Violet exclaimed, her eyes widening in indignation. "I'll have you know, I am not the theif here," she sniffed, turning her back on Desolate Sand. "As for our theory of suicide, no offense, Sheriff Buff, but as upset as Mr. Stiff was over my impending lawsuit," she paused to flip her hair back from her face. "I can't imagine he would kill himself over it."

"There is, however, someone else here who would benefit from his death," she continued, turning a pointed gaze to Madame Scarlett.

"I beg your pardon." Scarlett's face flushed with anger as she drew herself up to her full height. "What exactly do you mean by that?"

"You own The Love Shack," Violet pointed out, "and my lawsuit would not only damage the business, but your reputation as well. Sheriff," Violet began in a knowing tone. "I think it's fairly obvious who the killer is now."

RED ARSENIC DUNGEON

7. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Madame Scarlet Has no suggestions.
    Desolate Sand Suggested it Was Violet Hayes in the Servant's Quarters with the Chocolate. (Barry Blanc reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Barry Blanc Had no suggestions this round..
    Jock Envy Has No Suggestions
    Ally Azzure Suggested it Was Madame Scarlet in the Honeymoon Suite with the Erotic Oil. (Violet Hayes reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Violet Hayes Suggested it Was Madame Scarlet in the Dungeon with the Arsenic. (Desolate Sands reveals evidence against the claim.)

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Desolate Sand

"You have certainly sounded very convinced on who the killer is on multiple occasions, ma'am," mused Des once his mind's ON switch had been found. He glanced at Violet as he said this, running a hand through the straggly hair on top of his head that refused to straighten.

"Then again, there's a lot of finger pointing going on here." Des raised an arm. "Perhaps it was you," he said, pointing at Barry Blanc. "Or you. Or you," he repeated again, this time with his eyes locked on Ally.

He lowered his hand.

"You never know . . ."

[Yellow's Accusation] BLUE - CHOCOLATE - THE WARDROBE

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    "You have certainly sounded very convinced on who the killer is on multiple occasions, ma'am,"

"It's not my fault you all had reasons to kill Mr. Stiff," Violet shrugged. "And its not like anybody is making the effort to be discrete or anthing," she added with a huff.

"Don't forget you also had a reason, Ms. Hayes," Sheriff Buff pointed out.

"Yeah," Ally Azure continued. "What about your motive?"

Violet's mouth dropped open in shock. "The lawsuit? Oh please," she rolled her eyes in disgust. "I'm sure it never would have gotten to trial, after all, Mr. Stiff was a reasonable man. I'm positive we could have worked something out."

The group continued to stare accussingly at her.

"Fine," she hissed. "Just to prove my innocence once and for all, I accuse

PURPLE CHOCOLATE SERVANTS QUARTERS

10. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    "I'm not convinced," Ally Azure said looking at Violet. "Perhaps he never would agree to any arragement and you had to cover this up in order to protect your assets."

"Don't be absurd," Violet countered.

"I'm not, but my mind is made up."

Violet Hayes- Neck Massager- Kitchen

11. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    (Sorry for not posting an accusation last round, I've lost interest in RPing my character and forgot to post an accusatiion)

[White's Accusation] BLUE - CHOCOLATE - SAUNA

12. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    TYI-MAET_NEFER just won CLUE!!!!!

Now that we know who wins the DETECTIVE prize, we need to vote on who gets the BEST POST prize...

Please send me your votes soon!!! The winner will get 24 hours of colors!

13. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    Damn! Knew I should've posted Wardrobe ASAP. :p

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Congrats TYI-MAET_NEFER!!!

=D==D==D=

15. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
  16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Ha ha ha, awesome! I can still win games. [face_dancing]

You guys were a lot of fun to play with, cheers! Thanks for hosting Clue, Lemming. Good stuff, good job. :D

17. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    The winner of the quality poster award in a landslide victory is KiwiRogue!!! In addition to being given colors for 24 hours, I would give you the honors of choosing a new theme for our next clue game! :)

18. KiwiRogue

Jun 4, 2005
    o_O Wasn't expecting that, thanks! :D Will have to think about the theme...

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Congrats, Kiwi! I'll now join you with a CLUE title, hehe.

20. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    can someone let me know when a new game starts?

21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    When's the outlook for the next game, sir?

22. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    NEW GAME!!!

This week we have the College Days Theme..

College of the Deadly Arts
    Same basic rules as listed on page 1 with NEW WEAPONS! NEW ROOMS!

There can be six players; each representing one of these colors:

Yellow Green Red Blue White Purple

I will play your host; and PrincessChattyCathy will be the hostess.

Signup by adding your name and color-themed character name to the roster below, such as

1. [RED] Some_Player27 - Science Major Red

College of the Deadly Arts:
    Dean Boddy has been killed. Your characters are all suspects and all want to know what really happened.

OBJECTIVE 1: Find Out Who Killed Dean Boddy, With What Weapon and in What Room.
    OBJECTIVE 2: Play your character in an entertaining thematic way that gets you votes from the other players.

Suspects: one of the six characters on the roster corresponding to yellow, green, red, blue, white and purple.
    Weapons:
    Wrench, Beaker of Death, The Pen (Is Mighter), Rent-A-Cop Nightstick, An Avalanche of Books, Dean's Laptop.
    Rooms: Chem Lab, Registrar's Office, Student Union Lobby, Clock Tower, Faculty Lounge, Dean's Office, Student Government Hall, Data Processing, Admin Classroom.

Starting the Game:
    Once we have all six player slots filled, I will post an official "START GAME! Post.
    Each player will get sent a list of clues. You each know three weapons/rooms/suspects that were NOT involved.
    A player's first suggestion/accusation post should introduce their "character" to the group.

Making a Suggestion/Accusation:
    Players should post once per day with a suggestion/accusation as to who killed Mr. Boddy; with what weapon and in which room. Only one such suggestion/accusation post is allowed per day per player; a player not making a suggesttion/accusation is a 24 hr period gets a demerit which may be used against him/her in the "quality poster award" portion of the game.

Players may make as many posts as they like in a day, but only one suggestion/accusation per day.

Proving a Suggestion True or False:
    In the board game, other players look at their starting clues and the first player to the players left shows one clue if it proves one of the player's accusation as false...

In THIS version of the game, I (or the HOSTESS) will handle that portion for you all at once at the beginning of every morning with a post listing all the accusations and who responded (not with how they responded of course). I will send a WHISPER PM to each to share which information was disproved.

Note that you get only one WHISPER per turn from the first player to your left (next on the roster) to have a clue for you. So that player may have several clues that would help you, but I'm only going to show you one.

Winners:
    The player to accuse the right people, using the right weapon and in the right room wins the DETECTIVE award. I check these in the morning all at once. If two players make the same accusation, the player with the fewest demerits wins. If two players make the same accusation and have the same number of demerits, the one that comes first on the roster wins.

Once that winner has been declared, it will be time to vote for the QUALITY POSTER award. The players will vote for the player they thought posted THE VERY BEST MOST ENTERTAINING AND ENJOYABLE posts of the game by sending me a private message to that effect. In the case of a tie, my assistant will select her very favorite of those in the tie.

Both winners will get colors for 24-hours. NOTE: a player can win both the DETECTIVE and QUALITY POSTER award; they then get colors for 48-hours (maybe even 72 if I can get the mods to agree!)

---
    PM Sample
    To SOMEPLAYER_67 [player red]
    Player Yellow Shows you the Dean's Laptop.
    ---

------------------------
    LET'S FILLL THIS ROSTER
    ------------------------
    1. [Red]
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue]
    6. [Purple]

23. LilyHobbitJedi