A Game of Clue - Congrats Tyi and Lily For Winning Castle Murder Clue!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by LemmingLord, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Face Ex-Manager

star 5
    I want to try this, but I'm going to be offline next week. :( Maybe next time.

College-themed, with a dead dean? Veronica Mars is gonna solve this! :p
  2. KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan

star 4
    1. [Red] - Burn Reddy
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White] - Dominic Blanco
    4. [Green]- Emerald Hunter
    5. [Blue] - Ally Azure
    6. [Purple]

May as well...
  3. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    1. [Red] - Burn Reddy
    2. [Yellow] Waldo Topaz (trimaj)
    5. [Blue] - Ally Azure
    6. [Purple]

suppose i'll give it a whirl.

:snoopy
  4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master

star 6
    I'll defend. Hey Face, I hope you can join next time!

1. [Red] - Burn Reddy
    2. [Yellow] - Waldo Topaz
    5. [Blue] - Ally Azure
    6. [Purple] - Orchest Orchid
  5. LemmingLord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Excellent.. I will have your clues tonight!! :)
  6. LemmingLord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Game On at the College of Murder!

We have our cast of characters! I will set up the virtual board over here at Clue Headquarters, divvy out the virtual cards, and PM everyone their opening clues. We can begin accusations today.

Red KiwiRogue Burn Reddy
    Yellow Trimaj Waldo Topaz
    White Yuuzhan_Vong_Warrior Dominic Blanco
    Green KELIA Emerald Hunter
    Blue LilyHobbitJedi Ally Azzure
    Purple Tyi-Maet_Nefer Orchest Orchard

College of Murder: The six player characters have been roused from their sleep - napping - everyone had stayed overnight working on the Y2K project and everyone has apparently fallen asleep.. To be roused by campus security. There in the broom closet is Dean Boddy, a hated and feared Dean who has raised tuition and fees over fifty percent in the last two years.. Everyone hates him.

Seriously, everyone hates him. So much so that the local cops have delegated the detective work to campus security and the other suspects...

"There was a murder here last night... thank goodness.. So which of you did it? I'll give you a medal.. No seriously, I do have to send one of you jail... The lawyers and judges may hate the Dean too...but they are happy to make money off of a big high profile case.. Anyway... I am going to speak to each of you in turn to explain what happened last night from your perspective. I saw a detective do it once on tv. The outside cameras verify that no other individuals were here at the time of the murder so it has got to be one of you."

CAMPUS SEURITY TALKS TO EACH OF YOU IN THE DEAN'S OFFICE WHERE BLOOD STAINS ARE FOUND. FOR YOUR FIRST POST, GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT OF THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED.. TRY TO RESPOND AS THOUGH YOU DIDN'T HEAR THE OTHER CHARACTER'S DESCRIPTION, BUT TRY TO INCLUDE IDEAS AND THEMES FROM THE OTHER PLAYERS' RECOLLECTIONS TO TELL THE STORY FROM YOUR CHARACTER'S POINT OF VIEW... THIS FIRST POST WILL BE AN ACCUSATION, SO BE SURE TO INCLUDE SUSPECT, WEAPON AND ROOM INFORMATION AT THE BOTTOM.

Think about why your character was involved in the Y2K project, why you would have killed him (because any of you may have done it!), and perhaps how it is that you don't know whether or not you did it!!! I'll send you your clues momentarily. You can wait for my PM or just start posting.

NOTE: when you want to make your accusation for the day, put the SUSPECT, WEAPON and ROOM in CAPS at the bottom of your post and try to incorporate each of them into your post as well...
  7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master

star 6
    Orchest Orchard

"The Y2K bug actually killed somebody?!" exclaimed young Orchest. "How did it get out of the computer?" His face lit up eagerly as he adjusted a pair of horn-rimmed '90s glasses.

With a wide-brimmed hat sitting atop thickly matted hair; a collared shirt above shorts; and a pair of long white socks, Orchest definitely had a memorable image. His nerd eagerness was heightened by his ability to get over-enthusiastic about almost anything.

One particular thing he always spoke excitedly about and at the same time corrected people on was when they mispronounced his name. Reading it off of paper, he always shook his head when someone said "ch" out loud. My name has a 'K' sound in it! he would say. At least, my first name . . .

Focusing with nervous energy, Orchest started whispering to the security ... person, yeah, security in front of him. "That Waldo guy ... he's always so clumsy, I bet he somehow managed to knock something over and kill ugly Boddy in his own room! What do you say?" he asked with a look of needed approval.

[Purple's Accusation] YELLOW - AN AVALANCHE OF BOOKS - DEAN'S OFFICE
  8. Yuuzhan_Vong_Warrior Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dominic Blanco

"Dean Boddy's dead?" freshman Dominic Blanco asked, a hint of disbelief and shock in his voice. With his tousled hair and rumpled clothes, he appeared to either be a chronic napper or an absent-minded worker. Anyone who talked to him for more than five minutes would soon realize Dominic was the latter. The Y2K project had become his...obsession, one could say, over the past few weeks, much to the dismay of his pocketbook and social life.

"Sure, Dean Boddy and I had our differences, but I would never kill him. Hell, it was probably Orchard...Dean probably gave him an A- and he couldn't take it..." Dom shook his head, running his fingers through his out-of-control hair and trying to make sense of all this...

[White's Accusation]PURPLE-THE PEN (IS MIGHTIER)-FACULTY LOUNGE
  9. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Emerald Hunter

With a barely contained yawn, Emerald padded into the Dean's office stopping short at the blood stains, her hand fluttering to her throat. "Oh gag me, is that real blood?" Shuddering with revulsion, she daintily crossed the room to stand before the large window, focusing her gaze on the bustling activity across the college's campus. "I hate the sight of blood," she added. "Couldn't someone have cleaned that up first?"

"I'm sorry you feel the room isn't up to your standards," a dry voice replied. "but our focus is on finding a murderer, not housekeeping."

"There's no need to be sarcastic," Emerald sniffed. "I was just asking."

"When was the last time you saw Dean Boddy?"

"Hmm...," Emerald's brows furrowed together. "Yesterday afternoon. I came by his office to update him on the progress of the Y2K project and he..," she paused, a look of anger flashing across her face, "let's just say he wasn't happy with how long the project was taking."

"And you were upset by his reaction?"

"Hardly," Emerald laughed. "I was totally expecting it. Dean Boddy was a lot of things, but understanding of how long it takes to work the the kinks and bugs of a project wasn't one of them."

"What happened next?'

"Oh nothing," Emerald shrugged. "I left and went back to work. Although -," she stopped abruptly, turning on her heel to face the detective. "I remember Waldo Topaz was furious when I told him." Her eyes lit up with excitement. "I think I know who the murderer is," she declared.

YELLOW - RENT A COP NIGHTSTICK - FACULTY LOUNGE
  10. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ally Azure

"What is going on?" Ally demanded to know as she entered the Dean's office. It was easy to tell that she was very upset about being woken up, especillly when she had spending every waking moment working on the Y2K project.

"Where were you the night of Dean Boddy's death?" the security guard asked.

"The dean's dead?!?" Ally asked in surprise. "Well good riddance." Then she realize what she'd said. "I don't mean that as it sounded, the Dean has just put me in debt until my Grandkids go to college that's all."

"So where were you?"

"All I've been doing for the last two months is work on the Y2K project. I plan on going to med school, and that would look great on my resume," Ally explained.

"Do you know of anyone who would've had a motive to kill the Dean."

"I think everyone would," Ally replied honestly. "But now that I think about it, that Dominic guy was hanging around the Student Union Lobby the other day. He looked as if he would slug anyone who dared look at him."

WHITE- DEAN'S LAPTOP- STUDENT UNION LOBBY
  11. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Waldo Topaz

Waldo woke up that fateful morning to the pounding of a security type person on his door. Sitting up quickly the jock cracked his head on the bunk bed. Hard. The stars that passed before his eyes reminded him of the last time a quarterback was ground into the dirt by his oversized head. The memory made the lack wit smile and try to rise again... with the same result. Blinking and squinting to clear his sight, Waldo rose more carefully and walked unsteadily to the door.

The security guard glanced at the unclad figure standing in the door, and flushed slightly. This was obviously just going to be one of those days. "Sir, we have some questions for you. Dean Boddy has been found murdered in a broom closet... so if you would put on some clothes i will accompany you to where the police are investigating." Staring resolutely at the large mans face the security guard did her best not to squirm.

Waldo scratched his head in confusion. "Deh Deans in a broom closet? He locked in or someting?" The part about coming with the guard hadn't quite penetrated the dense jock's mind.

Sighing the guard replied, "No... he was put there after someone killed him. Now if you'll please-"

Interrupting Waldo blinked and then gasped. "Dis won't effect my scholarship will it? Deh dean gave me dat so's I could play football here. I like playing here. I'm real good at it. Wanna see me tackle that dummy over there?" He pointed to the broken tackling dummy that the coach had given him to keep him quiet one day. Putting action to words the decidedly under clad physical freak rushed the dummy knocking it back into the dented wall.

Trying to stop him, and definitely exasperated at this point the guard muttered, "Why did I get the moron?" Louder, "There's no need, let's leave the poor dummy alone right now. No this won't effect your staying with the team, we just need to ask you some questions. Now if you'd-"

Again not letting her finish Waldo grinned, his simple face lit up with joy. He was rather handsome in a chiseled stupid fashion with blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. The physique of the linebacker was, to say the least, beyond average. "Den I'll be happy to come wit' you. Jus..." Glancing down he blushed suddenly realizing he had no clothes on and that there was a woman present. Hiding behind the dummy now, "Uh... Woul'... Would you mind... leavin' for a minute?" Sighing the guard turned her back, and waited while the big galute dressed in a pair of jeans, a black jersey with blood red number 56 on the front and back, along with a pair of blue tennies.

"Now if you'll please follow me..." Resolutely not looking at the idiot that followed her she headed to the clock tower where a detective was looking around. "Here he is. Good luck." She headed off quickly wanting nothing to do with the football player who talked of nothing else on the way there. "You'll need it..." she muttered, leaving.

The detective was an amiable man dressed in a trench coat to take the cut of the wind off of his slightly chubby body. His red hair blazed a comet across his upper lip, and the shock on the detective's head was amazingly unruly. His clothes were, for want of a better term, golfish. Plaid slacks that cut off a little above his ankles, a orange and purple striped shirt that vibrated whenever he moved, and a pair of penny loafers on his feet. To complete the ensemble there was a leather Stetson on his head. Truly horrifying to anyone with half a lick of dress sense. Waldo simply stared, wanting the hat. "Hello son, names Detective Morrigan. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions? We just need to know where you were the other night, what you were doing and all." Taking out a note pad he prepared to jot down some notes. "So what were you doing last night?"

Waldo unable to take his eyes off the hat didn't hear anything but the first question. "Questions? Good, I like to answer questions. 'Specially when I get's 'em right." The fact that he was talking at the hat rather
  12. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    ah shoot... didn't actually see that the first post is in the deans office... transpose it to there if you can. i'm not up to redoing that part.

13. KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "What's all this about then?!" exclaimed Burn Reddy. "I was working all night looking over the Y2K project, and you disturbed me from my sleep!" The campus guard led him into the Dean's office, where the sight of blood made Reddy frown. "What is this?"

"It appears that Dean Boddy was murdered last night. We need to know where you were last night, and what you know of this ::cough:: 'tragedy'." The guard coughs again at this phrasing.

"Well, I don't know anything, as I said, I was looking over the Y2K project, then I went to bed. You say Boddy's dead? Thank goodness, maybe I can relax a little now. No offense, but everyone knows he was a jerk He's always on my case, demanding the latest results on the project all the time, never accepting no for an answer."

"It sounds like you had a grudge against him," suggested the guard.

"Yeah, me and the rest of the world. What are you implying?!" yelled Reddy. "I haven't been anywhere besides work and my bed. But on my way back I did see something peculiar... I saw Miss Hunter heading across the campus towards the Data Processing center with a wrench... and you certainly don't process data of any kind with a wrench."

[Red's Accusation: GREEN - WRENCH - DATA PROCESSING]
  14. LemmingLord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Campus security talks amongst themselves.

"You really identified yourself as DETECTIVE?"

"Well I have been on the campus security group the longest.. I have seniority. And we are having an investigatin.. And I have got a trenchcoat..."

"Ok...but I get to be your partner... what next DETECTIVE."

"I've written out everyone's accusation... I say we go to each of the people accused and ask the accused to defend themselves. And we can ask follow up questions of the others."

Round 1 Accusations:

Burn Reddy Suggested it Was Emerald Hunter in the Data Procesing with the Wrench. (Dominic Blanco reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Waldo Topaz Suggested it Was Ally Azzure in the Clock Tower with the Beaker of Death. (Emerald Hunter reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Dominic Blanco Suggested it Was Orchest Orchard in the Faculty Lounge with the The Pen (Is Mightier). (Orchest Orchard reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Emerald Hunter Suggested it Was Waldo Topaz in the Faculty Lounge with the Rent-A-Cop Nightstick. (Orchest Orchard reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Ally Azzure Suggested it Was Dominic Blanco in the Student Union Lobby with the Dean's Laptop. (Burn Reddy reveals evidence against the claim.)
    Orchest Orchard Suggested it Was Waldo Topaz in the Dean's Office with the Avalanche of Books. (Burn Reddy reveals evidence against the claim.)
  15. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ally Azure

Ally had fallen asleep after the first round of questioning and therefore was ever more irritated when the "detective" woke her up.

"What!?" she exclaimed.

"We were not finished with our questions."

"I thought I told you who I thought it was and now you're already doubting me. The detective and his partner were silent and so Ally sighed. "Do you have any idea how this Y2K project ALREADY takes from my sleep?"

"We don't care, we are here to discover who killed--"

"Yeah, the cruel Dean, I get it," Ally replied. Then she was silent again while she was thinking. "You know what, yesterday before I went to bed I do recall Emerald heading towards the Registrar's Office. Maybe it was her."

GREEN- BEAKER OF DEATH- REGISTRAR'S OFFICE
  16. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Emerald Hunter

"What do you mean you're not a detective?" Emerald huffed, hands on her hips.

"I never said I was -,"

"You should have said something," she sniffed, looking the man up and down. "I don't see any reason why I should be waisting my time with a security guard." Her voice dripped with distain as she turned on her heel and marched towards the door.

"You're not going anywhere," the guard said, grabbing her arm. "We still have a murder to solve."

"Oh please," Emerald snorted. "Don't you think you're just a bit out of your league?"

"Sit," the guard ordered, propelling her into the nearest chair.

I saw Miss Hunter heading across the campus towards the Data Processing center with a wrench... and you certainly don't process data of any kind with a wrench, Burn Reddy pipped up.

Emerald's eyes widened with indignation as everyone in the room turned their attention to her. "Of course you don't process data with a wrench, duh!" With a roll of her eyes, she continued, "I borrowed the wrench to fix leaky pipe in the ladies room," she paused as her eyes scanned the room with disguest. "As we've all noticed, the housekeeping staff is incapable to attending to matters in a timely fashion."

"You know they still haven't repainted my dorm room," Ally added with a frown. "I've got peeling paint on every wall."

"At least your walls have paint," Waldo replied dryly. "I get the pleasure of staring at drywall all day."

"As fascinating as this discussion is," one of the guards interrupted, "Can we all refocus our attention to the murder?"

"If you insist," Emerald replied with a yawn. "Look let's not pretend anyone of us is upset Dean Boddy is dead," she said, eyes traveling to everyone in the room. "He's was a pain in everybody's....backside and whoeever is responsible for putting us out of the misery he inflicted upon us on a daily basis has my undying gratitute.

But it wasn't me."

"Do you have any idea who -,"

"As a matter of fact I do," Emerald replied. "I just remember passing Orchest Orchid on my way to the data processing building. He was muttering something about Dean Boddy going too far this time and he was going to teach him a lesson once and for all."

PURPLE - DEAN'S LAPTOP - ADMIN CLASSROOM
  17. Yuuzhan_Vong_Warrior Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dominic sighed heavily as the "detective" tapped his fingers impatiently on the table separating them.

"I don't know what you want me to say," Dom said, leaning back in the chair and shaking his head. "Like I said, Dean Boddy and I had our differences, and he'd really put me in a tight spot with his raising of tuition at the same time he's pressuring me to spend all my time working on the Y2K project, but I think we've all got that problem. I'm not saying I'm not happy to see him gone, but again I think we all can come to a consensus on that. The murderer has to be someone who really had a problema with the Dean...."

"Any idea who that could have been?" the faux detective asked.

Dom shrugged, looking away thoughtfully. "Hang on...I do remember talking to Ally after Chem Lab the other day...she said she was going to have the Dean come to the lab and help her with something...when I asked her why she'd need the Dean to help her with chem she just...said 'Nothing' and smiled...evilly...I think out of all of us she's been hit the most by this project. I know she's been losing a lot of sleep lately...and I know how important she considers her grades. She'd kill for a 4.0...maybe she actually did!"

[White's Accusation] AZURE - CHEM LAB - BEAKER OF DEATH
  18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master

star 6
    Terribly sorry, but I'm not going to be home until 5am+ boardtime, and I'm headed out the door now. Not wanting to hold up an update, I'll just have to do this. If it hasn't been updated when I get back, I'll post IC.

Orchest Orchard

[Purple's Accusation] BLUE - AN AVALANCHE OF BOOKS - ADMIN CLASSROOM
  19. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Waldo Topaz

gonna have to do the same as tye ATM. too late. post tommorow, combining both rounds.

BLUE - BEAKER- CHEM LAB

20. KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [face_sick] ::sneezes::

WHITE - WRENCH - STUDENT GOVERNMENT HALL
  21. LemmingLord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Hey look at this!! I think the nerd is right!"

There in the Administration Classroom are stacks and stacks of books; several of the rows seemed to be knocked over...1000 books or so seems to have collapsed at some point...

"But how do we know it was Ally???"

---

Tyi-Maet_Nefer has won again!!

Before we vote on the quality poster, let's try to come up with the "ending" of our tale... How do we know it was Ally?? How would we know?? Use your last post of this version of the game to come up with your alternate theories and proofs... Remember the quality poster award is still up for grabs!!!
  22. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    I was the villain again?! [face_laugh]

"Fine," Ally declared. " I did it, and to be quite frank the Dean deserved it."

"Why?" the security guard asked surprised.

"The Dean told me I would never make it into med school, he was personally going to destroy my career. All because he didn't like me. I'm telling you, he deserved to die!" Ally declared.

"And that bookshelf was already weak, it didn't take much strength to tip it at the right moment," Ally exclaimed gleefully.

"You're under arrest for the murder of Dean Boddy," the security guard repled grabbing her hands and putting handcuffs on them.

"Believe me, the Judge will even rejoice that he's dead," Ally commented nastily. Then she looked towards the other students. "Oh and by the way, were you guys aware that the Y2K project is a hoax? Yeah, I knew it the whole time. Y2K isn't real, and everyone has just wasted the last semester on something false. Won't THAT look good on your resumes?"

Ally Azure laughed nonstop as she was being dragged away by the police.

/>
  23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master

star 6
    What the ...? Again?! :eek: Sorry that I cut this one short with a lucky guess. [face_blush]

Orchest Orchard

"I was right! I was right!" shouted Orchest with plenty of enthusiasm for the second time. "How cool is that?" Orchest's nervous smile returned as he looked at the crowd now in the Dean's office. "I mean, like, not that he's dead or anything . . ."

Orchest took his glasses off and started wiping them with a handkerchief as Ally started to confess. Before she could leave the room, he spoke up again. "You mean you purposefully dropped books on him?! That would have required much precision!" Orchest seemed genuinely amazed. He shoved his glasses back on as if to take a closer look at Ally.

"Security ... person ... do you mind if I help clean up the books in the administration classroom?" asked Orchest after a moment's pause. Shuffling his feet, the thought had just occurred to him that he might be able to snatch a couple of Date Encoding books he had been meaning to get his hands on for the Y2K bug. Reading was fun. He didn't believe Ally's typical convicted killer's everything-is-a-lie story.

[Purple's] End
  24. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Wow, Ally, I knew you were upset about not having your dorm room painted but I had no idea you would react so...so...violently," Emerald breathed, eyeing her with surprise. "You really had me fooled," she paused.

"And here's the twenty I owe you." She handed the bemused Ally a folded bill and quickly stepped behind one of the security guards.
  25. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    *snorts* that's just crazy. i knew it was ally though... just didn't know how. *shrugs*

umm... and i really got nothing for closing it out, sorry. i'll just let my one post stand for our dear friend waldo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.