main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Game of Clue - Congrats Tyi and Lily For Winning Castle Murder Clue!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by LemmingLord, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Ok, private message me your vote for quality poster!!

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    done'd or somethin'.

:snoopy

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    And the same for me.

I hadn't read an RP post by you for quite awhile there, Trimaj. Good to see you, mate.

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    aye, it's been much too long tyi. glad you're still around. i think i've seen you in passing in the RPF a couple of times. sad, time differences.

i'd like to think i've come a ways since then.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    My vote is sent, though it was a tough choice.

Everybody did so well this time.

Kudos =D= =D==D= =D=

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    True that, pity it was short!

Yep, Trimaj, I still pass through the RPF all the time. Sadly not as a regular gamer at the moment, but I always remember my roots in that place, mate. :D

7. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    We had GREAT effort and quality this time around on the posts. And so we had votes going every which way. So I went to our hostess princesschattycathy (who hasn't made an appearance) to look through and make the tie breaking vote..

She found it a tough choice as well, but when pressed we agreed on LilyHobbit't portrayal of the murderess Ally Azzure!!

8. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    :D Thank you! This game was definitely lots of fun, even as short as it lasted.

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    congrats lily. deserved, very well deserved.

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Congrats on a game well played, Lily!

=D= =D= =D=

11. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
  12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Congrats Lily, and very nice colours. :cool:

13. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    So what theme do we want for the next game? I've been thinking of tentatively giving the right to choose to the last quality poster winner but its not official.. and we had such a good quality from everyone this last time around how about we open it up to everyone for suggestions?

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    how about a fun house themed one? everyone was stuck in a funhouse with boddy, then the police finally get there to let them out and (lo and behold) there's the body of mister boddy at the entrance? or something along those lines.

15. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I have lots of ideas. I think one fun alternative would be that they're all on a cruise ship, or perhaps they could all be residents of a medieval castle or maybe even one where all the players are inmates at a prison.

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh I love the medieval castle idea!

I vote for that one.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'll give that one my vote of confidence as well.

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    It would be rather cool to ride into the game as a knight on his horse . . . [face_whistling]

I'd love to see a Star Wars CLUE in the future, too.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You may very well see one, then. ;)

20. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    It is time for another game of clue!!
    This week we have a Dark Age Castle theme.

Stonewalled
    A Castle Murder
    Same basic rules as listed on page 1 with NEW WEAPONS! NEW ROOMS!

There can be six players; each representing one of these colors:

Yellow Green Red Blue White Purple

I will play your host; and PrincessChattyCathy will be the hostess.

Signup by adding your name and color-themed character name to the roster below, such as

1. [RED] Some_Player27 - Lady Blood
    MURDER AT THE LODGE:
    Lord Boddy has been killed. Your characters are all suspects and all want to know what really happened.

OBJECTIVE 1: Find Out Who Killed Lord Boddy, With What Weapon and in What Room.
    OBJECTIVE 2: Play your character in an entertaining thematic way that gets you votes from the other players.

Suspects: one of the six characters on the roster corresponding to yellow, green, red, blue, white and purple.
    Weapons: Arsenic, Crossbow, Chamber Pot, Battle Axe, The Rope, and a Hunting Rifle.
    Rooms: Tea Room, Dungeon, The Wardrobe, Servant's Room, Privy Chamber, Kitchen, Audience Hall, Dining Room, and The Great Hall.

Starting the Game:
    Once we have all six player slots filled, I will post an official "START GAME! Post.
    Each player will get sent a list of clues. You each know three weapons/rooms/suspects that were NOT involved.
    A player's first suggestion/accusation post should introduce their "character" to the group.

Making a Suggestion/Accusation:
    Players should post once per day with a suggestion/accusation as to who killed Mr. Boddy; with what weapon and in which room. Only one such suggestion/accusation post is allowed per day per player; a player not making a suggesttion/accusation is a 24 hr period gets a demerit which may be used against him/her in the "quality poster award" portion of the game.

Players may make as many posts as they like in a day, but only one suggestion/accusation per day.

Proving a Suggestion True or False:
    In the board game, other players look at their starting clues and the first player to the players left shows one clue if it proves one of the player's accusation as false...

In THIS version of the game, I (or the HOSTESS) will handle that portion for you all at once at the beginning of every morning with a post listing all the accusations and who responded (not with how they responded of course). I will send a WHISPER PM to each to share which information was disproved.

Note that you get only one WHISPER per turn from the first player to your left (next on the roster) to have a clue for you. So that player may have several clues that would help you, but I'm only going to show you one.

Winners:
    The player to accuse the right people, using the right weapon and in the right room wins the DETECTIVE award. I check these in the morning all at once. If two players make the same accusation, the player with the fewest demerits wins. If two players make the same accusation and have the same number of demerits, the one that comes first on the roster wins.

Once that winner has been declared, it will be time to vote for the QUALITY POSTER award. The players will vote for the player they thought posted THE VERY BEST MOST ENTERTAINING AND ENJOYABLE posts of the game by sending me a private message to that effect. In the case of a tie, my assistant will select her very favorite of those in the tie.

Both winners will get colors for 24-hours. NOTE: a player can win both the DETECTIVE and QUALITY POSTER award; they then get colors for 48-hours (maybe even 72 if I can get the mods to agree!)

---
    Post Sample
    Accusations From Yesterday:
    1. [Red] YELLOW, Arsenic, Servant's Room (Yellow Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    2. [Yellow] YELLOW, Crossbow, Servant's Room (Yellow Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    3. [White] RED, Chamber Pot, Servant's Room (Yellow Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    4. [Green] GREEN, Arsenic, Kitchen (Yellow Whispered One of These Was Not Correct)
    5. [Blue] RED, Battle Axe, Servant's Room (Yellow Whispered One of These Was

21. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    1. [Red]
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue] Lady Azure
    6. [Purple]

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    1. [Red]Lady Scarlett - Kelia
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White]
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue] Lady Azure
    6. [Purple]

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005

24. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Three more players or one more day and the game will begin!

25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    1. [Red] Lady Scarlett - Kelia
    2. [Yellow] Gold Myst - Tyi
    3. [White] Sir Snow - Trimaj
    4. [Green]
    5. [Blue] Lady Azure
    6. [Purple]

three in a row, anybody? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.