main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Game of Hearts" - Ani/Ami Episode II fic (reposted)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Cindé of Naboo, May 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Sunlight streamed through the tall windows lining the Temple's chamber, dancing with the motes of dust and casting an almost blinding glow upon the room's occupants. Anakin, standing beside Obi-Wan and several members of the Council, squinted and craned his neck to see if Padmé was entering through the door at the other end. No sign of her yet. He shuffled his feet. He did not imagine that Padmé would go back on her word, of course, but he couldn't help but be a little nervous. He was, after all, living out one of his lifelong dreams ? finally winning Padmé's heart. He wondered, if he pinched himself, he would awaken and discover it was just another dream.

Obi-Wan was nudging him. Anakin started and looked at the doorway again. And then he saw her.

She was a vision, a picture of perfection, her hair let down and framing her face in all its dark glory, her shimmering gown fitting her as though it was made for her ? which it probably was. She was an angel; he had never really doubted that. And he was, without a doubt, the luckiest man in the galaxy. Certainly he didn't deserve her ? who could ever deserve her? And she had chosen him! How could he ever be worthy of her choice? He never would, he supposed, but at least he could try. And meanwhile, he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

Padmé pushed a stray thread of hair from her face and peered at the faces at the front of the chamber, remaining in the doorway rather nervously. Why was Anakin staring at her like that? Was there something on her nose? Did she have a tear in her dress? She could find nothing wrong, but still Anakin continued to stare.

As self-awareness flooded her, it occurred to her at last that she ought to enter the room, whatever the reason for Anakin's piercing gaze. And so she started forward. Oddly, she found that she was nervous. Was it concern over her appearance, wondering why Anakin was staring so? No, it wasn't that important to her. Was it the jitters all girls were supposed to have when getting married? No ? she certainly wasn't worried she would make some mistake in the ceremony; it was too simple. No, it was the sudden realization of what she was doing. Not regret, not fear ? just a brief glimpse, as it were, into the future, into the implications, the far-reaching effects, of this one day. She did not know what the future would bring, exactly, but she knew that from this moment on her life would be changed forever. It was a daunting thought.

And then she arrived at Anakin's side, and he gave her a lopsided grin, hesitantly took her hand. She realized he was just as nervous as he was. For some reason, this comforted her, and she let out the breath she had been holding and smiled back at Anakin. They both turned to face the officiator, and the ceremony began.
    It was all something of a blur for Anakin. A few words from the officiator, a brief exchange of vows, and they were husband and wife. One instant they were separate, two people struggling alone; the next, they were one. Whatever they faced, they would face it together. And if none of the details of the ceremony were exactly vivid in his mind, this knowledge was very clear to him. He knew Padmé felt it too, as they turned to each other again and sealed their vows in a kiss. Her eyes laughed with sheer joy, and he grinned.

Padmé remembered the strangest things about that day ? the benevolent smile of the officiator; the way Anakin's voice shook a little when he said his vows. The way Obi-Wan's smile seemed a little strained ? perhaps he knew more of the war's seriousness than he revealed. Then, the little flutter of wonder that pricked her heart when she realized she was Anakin's wife. How the sunlight had disappeared for a few instants, then burst forth suddenly as the sun emerged from behind a cloud, just in time for their kiss. And how she felt they were floating above the ground as they left the chamber, hand in hand.

Those memories were gifts, and she would hold them close when everything else slip

2. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Awwwwwwww [face_love] Weddings are so beautiful! [face_love]

3. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Suddenly, a wedding in Las Vegas doesn't seem so romantic after all!!!

SO BEAUTIFUL!!

4. Bug-squat

Bug-squat Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2001
    Awww... [face_love] [face_love] That has to be the best ani/ami wedding scene I've read. That was perfect. [face_love]

5. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  6. Yorthen

Yorthen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2001
    Aww [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    *A happy sigh*
    And just a little bit :_|

7. THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM

THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 1999
    heheheh... Good job Cindé! Reminds me of when my wife and I got married last year(strangest thing though... we both knew that we were meant to be together so neither of us got nervous at all... we were just... Happy). Kinda sad though... we had a beautiful wedding and the two of us had to spend most of the day right up until the big event trying to keep our mothers from killing each other... Bit of advice: If the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom are both part-time wedding coordinaters then it would probably be in everyones best interest if the two of them are handcuffed to pews on opposite sides of the church... LOL

Anyway... Seriously diggin' on the story here... keep it up!

TEETH
    :D

8. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    LOLOL, Electric Mayhem! I'll sure remember that when my day comes! :)

9. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
  10. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I know a word- Up! :)

11. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    Ummmmm no postie? :(

12. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hey everyone! Thanks for your comments about that post, I really appreciate it. Now, I'm working on the next one, and from the way things are going I think it's going to be the last one. :( Well, this story can't go on forever. Just remember a sequel is soon in coming (if it's in demand, of course). Meanwhile, I'm finding it very difficult to tie up all the loose ends and everything, but I am working on it. :D Thanks for reading! :)

13. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    That was beautiful, Cindé!!
    :) [face_love] :) What a wonderful wedding. [face_love] :) [face_love]

And of course a sequel is in demand!!!

14. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    Whew1! I was about to scream that this was the almost last post!! Until, of course, I read the "sequel in demand"..... Hmm Does that means, that we DEMAND a sequel for you!!?? CUZ WE DO!!! I want to see Anakin all happy!!!

15. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    YES WE WANT A SEQUEL [face_love]

16. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
    [face_love] Sequel? But of cource! [face_love]

17. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Whew! Well, here it is: the conclusion. I really hope you all like it; I've been laboring diligently on it and I'm finally sort of satisfied. Meanwhile, stay tuned for news about the sequel. :D
    -----------
    A strong wind was tearing across the landing platform, lifting Padmé's skirt and dropping it as quickly, whipping her hair in all directions. She had long since given up trying to keep it out of her face. In spite of the composure she had worked to develop during her years as queen, she found herself growing extremely impatient. Not even an hour after the wedding, some messenger of the Senate had contacted the Temple and asked, not for Padmé, but for Obi-Wan and his apprentice. She supposed they had decided upon some place to send them, where they would best defend the Republic against whoever this enemy was. They had promised to let Anakin come back and spend some time with his new wife before ? before whatever was about to happen. One hour, they had said, and he would be back.

Padmé shifted her weight from one foot to the other and tried to ignore the gritty wind in her eyes as she scanned the sky for what must have been the hundredth time. Still no sign of the transport. It was already nearing sunset. She clenched her fists in an effort to forestall the annoyance rising in her. Her annoyance, of course, was merely covering what she was really feeling, the dread that lurked somewhere in a corner of her brain and continually threatened to rear its ugly head. Was this how it would always be? Would they never have more than a moment to themselves, without something coming to snatch one of them away, without some catastrophe crashing down on them? She wasn't sure she wanted the answer to those questions.

Shivering, Padmé drew her cloak more tightly around her and wished for Anakin's warm embrace. He had looked, if possible, even more appalled and disappointed than she had when the Senate contacted them. She almost worried about how he would respond to his orders ? but there was little doubt that he would accept them, however grudgingly. And of course, Obi-Wan would be there to encourage him. Padmé recalled with some chagrin how she had actually taken it upon herself to watch over Anakin while he and Obi-Wan were separated. As though she would be any replacement for his master! No, she took up a far different place in Anakin's life. And watching over him had very little to do with it.

Who would watch over him, then, when his master was not with him?

A low rumbling grew in intensity, finally taking shape in an approaching Senate transport. Padmé allowed herself a relieved smile as the small craft arrived at the platform and its passengers emerged. Anakin, grinning widely, hurried toward her, followed by a much more somber looking Obi-Wan.

"I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten lost," Padmé murmured in Anakin's ear as he pulled her into his arms. She could feel him shaking with silent laughter, holding her tighter. And she hated what she had to do next, but better to get it over with now. "What did they want, Anakin?" She swallowed. "When are you going?"

Anakin pulled away to look in her face, still holding her hand tighter, his own face losing its smile. "Tomorrow." His voice struggled between anger and gloom. "Tomorrow morning. Master Obi-Wan and I are being sent somewhere in the Core systems. They said there's not a moment to lose."

Padmé clutched at what was left of her resolve and denied despair the chance to tear at her. "Then let's be thankful they've given us the rest of the day, Anakin."

He looked surprised, as though the thought had never occurred to him. "You're right," he said finally. "We should be."

Obi-Wan kept a short distance behind the newlyweds as they started towards the Council's transport at the other end of the platform. He felt exceptionally tired. The events of the past few weeks had been very ? difficult. And every time he felt that he had had more than he could possibly endure, something else came along

18. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    BRAVO! BRAVO!! BRAVO!!

ENCOREEEE ENCO---ahem actually SEQUEL! SEQUEL!!

:)

19. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Ahhhhhh, so good! It's like one of those old romantic Hollywood movies! [face_love] [face_love]

Sequel time!

20. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
    Bitter sweet ending. [face_love]
    But you really must write a sequel! Pretty please?

21. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Begins chanting sequel over and over again...

Wonderful!! Beautiful!!! Damn the war!!! Damn it I say!!! :mad:

22. aznJEDI13

aznJEDI13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2001
    oh perfect! up!

keep up the great job (as usual).

azn

23. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hi, all you loyal readers! :D I'd like to express my thanks for all your comments and encouragement. And now, let's take a peek at what the sequel to this story will hold...

Now, if you remember, A Game of Hearts was almost purely romance (a little action maybe, and some tragedy, but at the heart of it, romance). Its sequel, on the other hand, will have not only romance, but also action, war, intrigue, tragedy, and lots and lots of tear-jerking, gut-wrenching, jump up and throw something at the author sort of stuff. It'll have Threepio, it'll have Artoo, it'll have Palpy. But let's not forget the main players: Anakin, Padmé, and Obi-Wan. And making some guest appearances...Luke, Leia, and someone we know as....Darth Vader!

;) I've been reading too many comic books. Seriously, I ought to give a fair warning - the sequel will be DARK. Not because I'm secretly evil or anything (well, who knows? ;) ) but because I'm going completely canon here, as far as I know the story from the OT. This will not have a happy ending. :( On the other hand, knowing what I do from the OT, it will have a ray of hope. I promise! Meanwhile, the beginning of the sequel is well underway, so I should have it up, as soon as tomorrow perhaps; otherwise, next week. :)

24. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    *crying* WWWWWWUAHHHHH!!!!!!! It won't be happy!! WUUUAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'll be waitin'

25. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Oh no! It has ended! I love this story, I was offline for sometime due to DRL and could not check in and now it has ended.
    Wonderful wedding scene, it was rather sad for the newly weds to separate so soon.

Will be waiting for the sequel eagerly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.