main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Gathering of Light (EU, Jedi, concurrent with JAT and I, Jedi) PG-13 (Double updated 3/19/2012)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediAlly, May 6, 2004.

1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That was a good post. I always enjoy Wedge/Corran scenes. As you say - they're the common sense factor in all this.

I enjoyed the discussion about the possible causes of death for Gantoris, and the whole Force ghost idea. Interesting thought that it was Palpy's clone killed at Endor - although scary.

I try to feel sorry for Qwi but I just can't do it. :D But I am enjoying the way you're linking with I Jedi. :)

2. -DDR-

-DDR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2007
    Good post, as usual I like the links with canon and also the inclusion of Wedge, even if he does have Qwi Xux all over him like a rash. ;) Good to see Corran and Wedge together.

3. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Ummmmm. I have no idea what i'm doing... oh! wait, yes i do. is there gonna be an update soon?

4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Yikes! Here I go, make my last post, and decide to skip ahead a little and jot down some segments of future posts before getting back to the next one. Instead, DRL got me, and it took a PM letting me know I've been nominated yet again for the Most Underrated Award to get jostling again. I know you're responsible for that Tahi. But who else nominated me, huh?

And before I get to answering your comments, someone want to explain this to me: I go ahead, cut and paste a post, and the quotation marks are all curvy like they are in Microsoft Word document. But when I do an edit and click on preview, I get a bunch of gibberish instead of quotation marks. The same goes with some other characters. I swear removing the gibberish and putting in ', ", and - made putting some polishes on past posts take three times as long.

Anyways...

iamobiwan1970 - I know what you're saying about Luke not listening to Wedge, but it'll take another decade and a realistic redhead to get Luke back on track. I don't believe there were a lot of references to Ackbar's crash and the political repercussions in I, Jedi or in the sections of Dark Apprentice and Champions of the Force that took place at the Praxeum. As for Tash and Zak, you could try and learn more about them by reading the Galaxy of Fear series. Unfortunately they're very hard to find these days. The only other reference to them is the Insider Suppplement on starwars.com called Droids and the Force.

whiskers - nice to see you again.

GrandMasterKatarn - I might be making references to Kyle, but as for any dialogue with Kyle, you're going to have to wait until the next student arrives. And BTW, HK-47's comment in your signature - I can see him saying that. My favorite line from HK-47: "You're a very harsh master. I like you!" [face_laugh]

Tahi - Corran, Kam, and Mara were the only ones at the academy who brought a dose of common sense to the academy, but Corran was the only one who tried to get Luke to see that there was something going on, and they needed to take a more proactive stance against it. As for Qwi - I have something in mind for her that might change your opinion, but that won't happen for quite a while.

-DDR- - Whenever I can, I make direct tie-ins with the novels. It'll help you all get an idea where we are in the timeline of the novels.

Now on to the next part.

Throughout the past week, Exar Kun had observed and basked in the occupants' reaction to Gantoris' death. He had expended a lot of energy during his confrontation with Skywalker. He had regained some of that energy from feeding off Gantoris' anger while provoking him, though he spent some of it in triggering the explosion that killed his former pupil. Despite this, not only was he able to regain all the energy he had expended in the endeavor, but he had even gathered more energy from feeding off the shock and horror felt by most of the inhabitants. The only ones he hadn't been able to feed off of were Skywalker, Solusar, and Halcyon. In contrast, the historian Tionne provided him with the greatest feast. Not only had she felt despair, she also felt self-despair, indignation, and a tinge of self-loathing over her weakness and inadequacy. He would have loved to get her to turn these emotions into something more potent, like anger and hatred, but he didn't want to spoil his meal. Unfortunately, Halcyon did just that by coming in and consoling Tionne. He wanted to punish Halcyon for that, but to kill another so soon could have been counterproductive to his plans.

He too sensed the open wound that was in Halcyon?s psyche. He didn?t know the exact nature or what caused it, but it could be something he could use at a later date. He would have to remember that piece of information, as well as the fact that Halcyon?s strengths and weaknesses ? the apparent lack of telekinetic skills and apparent proficiency with mental powers and energy absorption. They might be useful in the future. Another fact that could prove useful was the confirmatio

5. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Congrats on being nommed! This story is intriguing and deserves it. I really enjoyed this latest post becasue you got into the head of a Sith! I think a recent excerpt would be a good choice for you. I also like the way you write Corran. So anything recent with him would be very good too!

Exar Kun was quite patient in his quest to find the perfect acolyte! I can almost feel the level of his slipperiness here in this post!

Very well done! =D=

6. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    Ooh! I love it so much, it's hard to pick ... How about this latest chapter? It was excellent and well-written.

Oh! And HK-47's quote can be found in the KOTOR game. Just talk to him and eventually he'll say something regarding killers and their kills; he actually says killee, and that's where you can say that you don't think killee is a word at which point he'll say "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"

7. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    As I said in my PM, JA, I like the Corran-Wedge scenes. Whatever scene, you choose, I'd suggest pick one with some dialogue as well as description and/or internal monologue - the more varied the scene is the better. :) Show them your range in other words.

Now, to the post:

Regardless of Halcyon's feelings towards Tionne, he did have two potential tools to use against Tionne - he could either turn her attraction towards Halcyon into lust and obsession, or turn her frustration into resentment and anger should Halcyon continue to rebuff her interests. He was actually hoping Halcyon would do just that.
    Ooh, nasty. Such manipulations! I like the way you show how Kun is feeding off their darker emotions. He's like a parasite.

Good point about Kun sensing Ikrit, too. I like the character analysis he does of everyone - it makes him seem even worse somehow the way he looks to see how he can use them all. Tash had better watch out! He's picked up on her doubt and anger. I also thought his analysis of Kyp was pretty astute.

Excellent post. =D=

8. -DDR-

Aug 9, 2007
    Hey, sorry to be late. Good post and some interesting observations from Kun. Good job with this story. :)

9. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Well, now that the series finale of Avatar - The Last Airbender has passed, I finally pried myself away from the anticipation of the upcoming Clone Wars movie, from looking through the associated books, and from playing Final Fantasy IV on Nintendo DS long enough for me to make this post. For the record, I chose the exchange between Corran and Wedge in the second most recent post as my submission for the awards.

iamobiwan1970 - I suppose Kyp could be considered a perfect candidate for Exar Kun to turn to the dark side. As for him being patient, just wait until I write about him again.

GrandMasterKatarn - I had two suggestions for a Corran segment, so I decided to go one better and use Tahi's suggestion - a Corran/Wedge segment.

Tahi - granted he made an analysis of the students, but Exar Kun's views towards Corran were colored by Gantoris' opinion of the man. This coloration will continue with Kyp. And feeding off the negative emotions of others is one way a Dark Jedi or Sith can gain strength. After being dormant for several millennia, his "battery", so as to speak, was very low, and he needed to recharge it before he could start doing any dirty work.

-DDR- - nice to hear from you again.

Here we go with the next post. It's not as large as some of the others, but it's a direct tie-in with I, Jedi.

The next afternoon, while the others were doing their respective researches or watching Kyp as he performed his training sessions, Kam was standing with Keiran in the hangar. After Kyp arrived, Luke had asked him to take over in training the others while he focused on Kyp for the next few days in order to get him up to speed with the others. Kam had been a little hesitant, but agreed since he had more experience with the Force than most of the others except for perhaps Kyle Katarn.

Kam drew on his memories of how his father taught him and chose to teach on a one-on-one basis or a group session of two or three. Like his father, Kam took a fair and firm approach. In taking the role of instructor, not only was he training the others and helping them improve their own skills, he also had the opportunity to try the training methods he learned from his father. And since his father learned most of them while at the Jedi temple, Kam was more or less performing trial and error on the training methods of the Jedi order of his father's time to see what would work and what wouldn't. He felt that Luke was doing the same thing, but to a point. Luke was drawing on the lessons Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda taught him, but Kam had to wonder if the two revered masters changed their lessons in light of the collapse of the Jedi order. If that were the case, then the lessons they taught Luke would be different than the ones Obi-Wan Kenobi taught Anakin Skywalker and the ones Master Yoda taught Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and all the others.

So far, the methods he used worked, which only served to corroborate his suspicions that the Jedi succeeded in teaching Anakin how to control the Force, but not his emotions. Looking back, it seemed that the Jedi Council emphasized on having the Jedi avoid feeling strong emotions rather than learning to deal with them like anyone else would. Avoiding the issue, however, wasn't the same as dealing with it.

While he was certain everyone felt Kyp's eagerness to begin when he arrived, he had also sensed Kyp's latent anger and pain. Kyp was like Gantoris in that they were both trapped in impossible situations, seemingly unable to change it or escape it. As such, anger, frustration, and similar emotions became as comfortable to them as a used pair of flight gloves. However, both had managed to escape their respective prisons, so as to speak. Gantoris wasn't able to deal with his pent-up emotions at first, but after his duel with Luke, Gantoris seemed to start getting a handle on his emotions and let his anger dissipate from him. Kam was able to sense the residual pain and anger in Gantoris' room after his death. At the time,

10. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    Nice to have the bit about Corran training from a different point of view. Can't wait for more.

11. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    that was a really good tie-ion piece. I forgot how much Kam already knew. He was (and is) a good teacher and Corran had so much to unlearn and relearn as a Jedi. He had advantages and disadvantages.

At least Kam understood that Kyp needd help, even if the task was too big for him and Luke.

=D=

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Gah - I'm horribly behind at present.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot. The Kieran-Kam discussion and teaching was excellent. And I agree totally about the old Order not teaching Anakin to cope with his emotion ? denial and repression are useless techniques. I wonder if Yoda and Obi DID change their ideas about training as a result of their defeat. Interesting point.

It?s great to see Kam being represented so fully. His experience was never really utilized or explored IMO in canon, so it?s nice to see you filling in that gap.

"That's it exactly. My father used to refer to it as a sphere of responsibility.
    That was cool to see you refer to this idea because of course Corran then passed this on to Anakin in Rebirth in that scene where Anakin was training on the Errant Venture. I love the idea of teaching being taken on board and then passed on.

I also like the way you get right into Corran?s thinking. He?s cocky alright, but he also has a common sense and maturity that the others lack. And he knows his own failings. I think you write Corran better than most actually.

Really loved this chapter as you can see. Such good characterization and also thoughtful analysis.

13. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    A case of perfect timing on my part here - it's my birthday, and I can make a post before the Clone Wars Movie comes out on Friday. Can't wait to see how much trouble Ahsoka will cause for Anakin. If there was ever a padawan for Anakin Skywalker, and anyone who could give Anakin premature gray hair, it's her.

Remember everyone, the last post was a direct tie-in from I, Jedi. While it was told from Corran's POV in the book, I chose Kam's for the fanfic.

iamobiwan1970 - while I wanted to give Kam a little more spotlight time than he had in the novels, he was in the role of an assistant teacher at this point of his life. Trying to deal with Kyp was Luke's job, not Kam's. And he's drawing on his own experiences with the old Jedi Order. He might have known Gantoris and Kyp had problems, but he didn't know how to deal with them either.

Tahi, I think Obi-Wan and Yoda did decide to change their training methods. They let Luke and Leia grow up as normal children. And I recall in the Last of the Jedi series Obi-Wan telling Ferus he believed that attachments would become a strength in any future Jedi order. I didn't touch on Corran's personality in the previous post. I just wrote Kam's opinions and thoughts of Corran/Keiran.

The post may be short, but it gets into the mind of a minor baddie.

The following night, Brakiss was finishing updating his dossiers. As he began reviewing the updates he made, he found it calming because it distracted him from the latent worry that had been plaguing him for the past three days.

Dorsk 81
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: Minimum ability enhancement, minimum danger sense, minimum sensory enhancement

Streen
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: Strong sensory enhancement, improved danger sense, improved mental shields, telepathic abilities, minimum meditative abilities

Tionne
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: improved empathy, minimum danger sense, minimum pain suppression, minimum sensory enhancement, minimum telepathy

Tash Arranda
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: Strong sensory enhancement, improved telepathy

Zak Arranda
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: Improved empathy, minimum danger sense, minimum sensory enhancement, minimum telepathy

Kirana Ti
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: Improved beast communication, improved empathy, improved telekinetic abilities without Dathomiri chanting, improved telepathy

Keyan Farlander
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: Improved telekinetic abilities

Kam Solusar
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: None

Kyle Katarn
    Update:
    New skills: Lightsaber construction
    New powers exhibited: Improved fatigue removal
    Addenda: Subject had successfully constructed a new lightsaber and had completely surrendered lightsaber that subject acquired after the death of the dark Jedi Yun.

Keiran Halcyon
    Update:
    New powers exhibited: Force energy absorption, sensory enhancement, telepathy, minimum danger sense, minimum Force shield, minimum sensory dimness of others

He looked at the updated dossiers and considered for a moment. Over the past three days, Skywalker and Solusar had taught them three new powers. Two of them were built upon the pain suppression techniques. One power was a way of using the Force to reduce the amount of injury a Jedi would receive from an attack. Another allowed a Jedi to retain consciousness even after suffering an injury that would normally render the victim unconscious, while a third allowed a Jedi to resist the effects of being stunned. He recalled Halcyon commenting that the latter two powers seem to be one and the same, but Skywalker clarified the distinction. Skywalker explained, "An opponent could deliver a blow to your head that would leave you momentarily stunned, but you would still be conscious. Using the Force, you can prepare your body for the effects of being stunned, thus being better able to resist its effects. However, if the blow were to render you unconscious, your preparations would have been in vain. Similarly, you could prepare your body to stave off the effe

14. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    Tsk tsk tsk. Poor old Brakiss. Will he never learn. Oh well. [turns to kyp and points] You're next. :D

15. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    I love how you write from Brakiss' POV. His assessments are interesting, and calculating. My favorite asessment on Kyp:

Probability of persuasion: None

Exactly! He'd never join the Empire [but he might join a Sith Lord] :eek: ;)

16. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Now that the enthusiasm for the Clone Wars movie, The Force Unleashed novel/comic, and the release of the KOTOR sourcebook have died down, I can get back to this story. Fortunately, the KOTOR sourcebook had no impact on what had been posted so far. I have yet to read The Force Unleashed yet, so I can't say if it will cause me to go back and make some edits; however, I'm about 90% certain that it won't. Now whether or not I incorporate elements of that story into future posts... And as for Celeste Morne and the Vector comic arc, I would like to incorporate Luke's encounter with her into the story. But her story is either two-thirds or three-quarters complete, depending on your point of view. Two-thirds in that 8 out of the 12 issues have been released. Three-quarters in that she has appeared in the KOTOR, Dark Times, and Rebellion series/time frame and will make her debut in the Legacy series/time frame this month. I want to wait until I read the Legacy-portion of the series and see if Luke's order knew anything about her before I decide on whether or not I mention her in the story. As such, if I do plan on mentioning Celeste Morne, it won't be until next year.

GrandMasterKatarn - I know what you're saying about Brakiss. How ironic that Palpatine's statement in ROTJ - Only now, at the end, do you understand - could be applied to Brakiss even moreso than Luke. And you called it for this post.

iamobiwan1970 - I figured at this time, Brakiss was intent on being the loyal servant to the Empire and might have been willing to exceed his assigned duties if only to show how valuable he could be. Only when his masters were gone did he start to assert himself and try to become a power in the Imperial vacuum, but then again, he became a servant to "Palpatine" in the YJK novels. As for Kyp, I'm going to be exploring his possible motivations in this post.

Only two responses? I know some of you are going through DRL, but I guess it must be more than that if some of you aren't even checking your mailboxes for PM's. I held off on making this post since I wanted to give you a chance to check your mailboxes and catch up.

Now that I'm done ranting, let's get on with the story. And this time, it's a tie-in with Dark Apprentice. Again, it's short, but it's a key point in the plotline.

As Exar Kun waited for the others to go to sleep, he took a few moments to consider his soon-to-be disciple. Ever since Durron had arrived on Yavin Four, Exar Kun had watched Durron accomplish one task after another with resounding success, despite his initial difficulty with telekinesis. Whenever Skywalker gave Durron a task, he sought out ways to make the task more difficult before actually performing the task. A perfect example was Skywalker getting Durron to draw on the Force to increase his concentration as he stood upside down. Durron did stand upside down, but on one hand and on uneven terrain. Then he went ahead and lifted Skywalker?s astromech droid, a moss-covered boulder, and a fungus-shrouded tree limb. Once he had them levitated, which took only a small effort on his part to do so, he reached out and felt the Force around him.

Skywalker said that he wasn't sure even his masters would know what to do with him. On that, I completely agree with him. At first, Exar Kun didn't know if ego was involved, but he didn't sense Durron was feeding his ego in performing these challenging tasks. And Durron didn't seem intent on showing the other students that he was superior to them, just as Exar Kun himself had done to Crado and Sylvar long ago. Aside from a set of perfunctory greetings to the others at the beginning, Durron hardly talked to the others. Exar Kun recalled how the Jedi of the past millennium adhered to a "no-attachment" policy when it came to romances and families, and it seemed that Durron was taking this policy even further than those Jedi had done. The only individual Durron regularly addressed was Skywalker, and that was to ask for more knowledge and greater challe

17. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    And so begins the Fall of Kyp Durron and the ReRise of Exar Kun.

18. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Yeouch! Looks like DRL has a tight Force grip on most of my readers. Or maybe some of you are acting a little like Han and Lando and are worrying about your money because of the recent Wall Street snafus.

GrandMasterKatarn - actually, the rerise of Exar Kun has already begun. And I'll be getting back to Kyp and Exar Kun in a few posts.

I drew heavily from The Essential Guide to the Force in this next post.

The next morning, most of the occupants were in the dining area finishing their morning meal. As they prepared to leave and begin the day?s training, Keyan commented, "Hey, has anyone seen Tionne this morning?"

As some of them looked around expectantly for an answer, it was Kyp who provided it. ?I saw her earlier with a tray of food. She said something about wanting to consult the Holocron.?

Snorting in amusement, Brakiss offered, "Most likely asking the gatekeeper for another story."

Everyone silently agreed with Brakiss' prediction. However, Luke felt concern creeping into his mind. He knew that Tionne was fascinated by the lore within the Holocron, but she was starting to consult it more and more these days. It's as though she was spending every moment with the Holocron when she wasn't training. It would seem she was starting to become obsessed with the Holocron - and that would be dangerous for her.

"In that case," Corran said, "it's obvious where she is right now. I?ll go and..."

As he said that, some of the others heard running. Suddenly, Tionne burst into the dining area saying, "Master Skywalker! Everyone!" Unfortunately, Corran was directly in her path. To avoid him, she came to a sudden halt and turned to dodge him at the same time. But the move made her lose her balance, and she began to fall sideways. Fortunately, Corran moved fast enough to catch her under her shoulders and around her waist. Sensing she was no longer falling, she opened her eyes, which she had closed while bracing for impact. Seeing who had caught her, she smiled as her eyes twinkled with gratitude. "Thanks, Keiran."

"You better be more careful next time. I think this is what Master Skywalker meant by 'exercising control'."

Tionne blushed as she acknowledged his point. Realization then struck her like a blaster bolt. He's holding me. In front of everyone else. It didn't help when Zak quipped, "I suppose that's one way of sweeping her off her feet, Keiran. Did you two plan that one out, or was this a spur of the moment thing?" Her blush deepened at Zak's implication and the chuckling she heard from some of the others. Part of her wanted to cover her face with her hair, for she knew it would be some time before she lived this down.

Among those chuckling was Tash. While she wanted to hit Zak on the back of his head, she had to admit to herself she was thinking the same thing. Only she would have made that remark to Tionne in private.

Corran was taken off guard by Zak's comment and was now blushing slightly. It had been some time since he had his hands around a woman, yet alone a beautiful one. But he was devoted to Mirax, and nothing would ever change that. After helping her to her feet, he glared at Zak. In response, Zak held up his hands and back away.

Tionne first checked to see if the Holocron was okay, since she had been carrying it with her. Once she felt certain it was, she smoothed her clothes and her hair in an attempt to restore her dignity. She then cast Corran another look of gratitude before composing herself.

"Tionne," Luke said after sensing everyone had managed to compose themselves, "I told everyone here that the Holocron would remain in that room unless it's to be used for a group lesson."

"I know, but I just learned something that you should all know about. I was so excited by the discovery, I just picked up the Holocron out of reflex and brought it with me."

"Well what is it?" Streen asked.

Looking at Kirana Ti, Tionne began. "Master Skywal

19. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    Wow. I don't know what to say. It's utterly fantastic. Great that the NJO knew of other FOrce-sensitives instead of just following thier own, new code established by Luke.

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sorry to be so late to the party.

I enjoyed Brakiss's threat assessments of the Jedi and Kun's machinations in regard to Kyp. Typical Kyp to give Kun some cheek, too. :)

The motif of obsession worked well in all three posts - with Kun's obsession with turning someone to the dark contrasted with Tionne's obsession with the holocron.

Poor old Tionne being caught by Corran. LOL How embarrassing.

I was fascinated by the description of the Zeison Sha and the Matukai, and I can see why Kirana Ti would feel the former were a bit like her race. I can also appreciate the Zeison Sha's concern lest the Jedi nick their children. I've never liked that aspect of Jedi practice.

The Matukai were nomads, more or less. They had no central establishment or training facility. That meant they were always travelling. A moving target is a lot harder to locate or hunt down. The Zeison Sha, on the other hand, were all on one planet. And if Palpatine somehow learned of the coordinates of that planet...
    Ah got to love old Corran's logical brain.

Interesting posts, especially the last one. I love finding out about the history of various Force traditions. :)

21. -DDR-

Aug 9, 2007
    Wow missed a few posts here due to being busy with assignments. Will read aand post later when I've caught up

22. mariel_rose

mariel_rose Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 19, 2003
    I usually just lurk, but I thought have is making me speak up, which is off this topic, but still useful.
    If Kirana Ti had a gift for communicating with animals, like Jacen Solo, why didn't she train him?
    That would let his talents grow and her training him would help with his attitude later on in the NJO, that is what I've gathered from not really reading the stories.

Having a side trip to Dathomiri would be beneficial because of the harsh terrain and humbling atmosphere. That way Jacen can get help with his gifts and still have Luke as his secondary Master. Kirana Ti would be his primary Master, but Luke would still have some say if Kirana Ti was lacking in some areas. Not that I would say she does, from what I could see, it was just a thought.

Anakin Solo had Ikrit as one of his primary Masters, besides Master Luke and it helped him. Just a thought.

On a different note, I enjoy reading this story because it expands on the Jedi Academy and I, Jedi greatly and it well written. Now the question is why in the heck didn't Luke try and find out where Kyp's brother was?! or at least think about it. Not to mention, we are staying on a planet with a ghost of a Sith Lord with no transportation off...right, that's a very brillant attitude to have.

Second note, I am terrible happy that you added Zak and Tash in here, I always wondered what happened to them.

Third, just keep writing.

23. -DDR-

Aug 9, 2007
    Interesting about the philosophy and weaponry used by these Force-related traditions. The whole history of Force usage is pretty interesting and I like the way you blend it all in here. So Exar's working on Kyp huh. Uh oh. Gotta give Kun a mark for perseverance and determination if nothing else. Enjoying how you write Brakiss.

Good job with the three posts, enjoyed them all.

24. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    GrandMasterKatarn - thanks for the praise. We know that Luke already encountered the Dathomiri Witches and will soon meet the Jensaarai. It's also been established that Luke's order encountered other Force traditions in the years to come.

Tahi - better late than never. Kyp still showed some teenage attitude when he talked to Exar Kun. With Corran catching Tionne, I wanted to bring in a little humor as well as continue the attraction Tionne has for Corran. As for the Zeison Sha and Matukai, I brought them in because of the quotes I took from the Essential Guide to the Force.

mariel_rose - welcome aboard. Nice to see a lurker announce their presence.

In regards to Jacen, in light of the spoilers for Millennium Falcon on these boards, and how the Fate of the Jedi series is going to start with Luke and Ben retracing Jacen's steps during his five-year sojourn to get a better idea as to how he ended up taking the path he did, I want to reserve my comments about Jacen. More to the point, though I have the books and a general idea as to what happened, I haven't had a chance to read the Dark Nest or the LOTF series. Got a lot of catch-up reading to do. Especially since a certain event that happens in Dark Nest will affect a future post. But that future post is a bit ways off. I do know that during his five-year sojourn, Jacen did visit Dathomir and studied under the Witches of Dathomir. And your comment about Jacen visiting Dathomir reminded me of a post I made in beccatoria's 181st Imperial Discussion Group about the first three books of the YJK. In Shadow Academy, Luke told Tenel Ka how her mother had "captured" him. I commented that it was a pity that after the Vong War ended, Tenel Ka didn't follow her mother's example and do the same thing to Jacen while he spent time on Dathomir. There would have been nothing her father and grandmother could have done to prevent it, and it might have prevented Jacen from taking the path he did. I see what you mean about Kirana Ti possibly helping Jacen just like Ikrit helping Anakin.

Next, as to your comment on how Luke's acting, I think it was clear to Corran and Mara that he had been greatly affected by his brush with the dark side during Dark Empire. But it also became clear to them that he wasn't "in his game", so as to speak, and that he hadn't taken the time to come to terms with his experience. Mara forcibly makes Luke acknowledge that in Vision of the Future. As for Kyp's brother, I think I can come up with a reasonable explanation about that. They might have gone over their records, and though they didn't find a death certificate, they didn't find any clear record indicating he was still alive. The only way they could have rectified that was if they had access to current Imperial registry files, probably like those that were at the academy on Carida. Given how Carida was then, that would have been an impossibility. Then there are those unknown deceased soldiers and MIA's. I think Luke might have tried to locate Kyp's brother, or at the very least start a search into finding Kyp's brother, but the search would have reached one of three possible conclusions - alive, deceased, or inconclusive.

As for Tash and Zak, the only other reference to the Arranda siblings was an Insider on-line supplement article for Star Wars Insider #81 called Droids, Technology, and the Force. It should be available at starwars.com, and you need to be a Hyperspace member to read it. But I just checked and the associate page isn't working right now. Fortunately, I saved the article on my computer, so if you want to read it, PM me your e-mail address and I can send it to you. Who knows? The new contract indicated that forty-five books are slated to be released between now and 2013. Maybe they'll make an appearance in a forthcoming book.

-DDR- - good to hear you again. And we'll be getting back to Exar Kun very soon.

But first, Tahi made the comment about Tionne being obsessed about the Tedryn Holocron. I decided to addres

25. GrandMasterKatarn

Feb 8, 2008
    Nice insight into Tionne's mind. Hey! You forgot to mention Visas Marr [face_whistling];) . I hope to see Mara Jade and Cilghal soon (as well as a Kyle pov [although, i think i can wait]).

I would love to see that happen in the Clone Wars series. I think Anakin might die of embarrassment.