main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Gathering of Light (EU, Jedi, concurrent with JAT and I, Jedi) PG-13 (Double updated 3/19/2012)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediAlly, May 6, 2004.

1. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    RebelMom, what else would you expect from Wes, eh?

If you're all waiting for the scene in the cantina to come to an end, here it is. And you know what Tash has in store for some of the men at the table. Hopefully more of you will be reading and posting again.

"Yes," Tash said innocently. "I wanted to tell you that for the past several years, you?ve been a disruptive influence to my brother, causing me fits to no end."

Everyone had been ready to take another drink when they heard this. Their glasses stopped short of their lips.

"We heard how you tried to flatter Leia on Bespin. I don't know how he did it, and I don't want to know, but Zak got detailed files on your performance. He then practically copied your accent and memorized your signature greeting, 'Hello, what have we here.'" Tionne heard Tash deepen her voice in an attempt to mimic Calrissian's voice. "He thought if it worked on Leia, it'd work on every other woman in the galaxy."

She heard the Rogues chuckling and saw Zak's face turn red. Tionne was certain his drink wasn't the cause of his redness.

"Well it would seem that I have a protégé," Lando said. "You're a smart man, Zak." Tionne saw Lando give Zak a congratulatory smile and toast.

"No he's not. He has space for brains. To use the terms you starfighter jockeys are familiar with, Zak gets a young lady targeted and 'strafes' her with his 'charms'. It works and he does two more strafing runs consisting of dates. By the time he gets into position to begin another run, his target wises up and dumps him. In doing so, she scores a hit on his ego-fueled engines, causing him to crash and burn."

Tash?s response caused her to burst out laughing, and nearly everyone else at the table was laughing as well. Tionne was surprised at the casual way Tash spoke to Calrissian and the other Rogues. Obviously, there was some history between the Arrandas and some of the people sitting with them.

?First time I ever heard of your approach backfiring, Lando,? Major Janson said. His features were merry. Tionne saw him face Zak, who was definitely not laughing, and say, ?Get back to me later. I might be able to help you.?

She heard Major Klivian's cryptic response "He's doomed", and wondered what he meant by that.

"Major Janson," Tash said with a tone of warning in her voice after she composed herself.

"Oh, please, call me Wes."

"I suggest you hold onto that invitation. You might want to withdraw it after hearing what I'm going to say."

Tionne saw that Tash's response prompted a confused reaction in Major Janson's face.

"I was hoping that Lando might persuade Zak to give up his 'Lando' impersonation. What works for Lando obviously doesn't work for Zak. As far as you're concerned, we also heard about some of your other activities. Though you have a youthful appearance, you act even younger. The last thing I need is for Zak to hear advice from someone who behaves like a child. If impersonating Lando continuously got him into trouble, then impersonating you would be courting disaster. It'll drive me completely insane, and I can only see two means of escape. Either I shoot myself, or I shoot the source of my insanity and the cause of it - respectively, Zak and you. Chances are I'll end up doing the latter first, followed by the former."

Tionne didn't think she could laugh any harder, but she did. She saw Zak wince while laughing and Major Klivian fall out his chair laughing. As for Major Janson, he was doing his best to keep his face impassive. When Major Klivian got back on his chair, he said, "Boom. It's been years since I've seen a woman shoot Wes down like that."

In response, Major Janson assumed a dramatic pose with his hand over his heart. "I've been shot by a cynical beauty from Alderaan. How shall I ever recover?"

Tash became dramatic as well, batting her eyes innocently and holding her right hand over her heart. "Cynic? Me? I just made a request not t

2. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    How about seeing a post of Daala cooling her heals aboard the Gorgon? Perhaps thinking about her romantic encounters with Tarkin?

3. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Hmm. While I'm glad I got one response, I'm surprised there were no others. As for your suggestion, GAW, I definitely got something in mind about Daala. But I can assure you she won't be calm, nor will she be able to reflect on her fling with Tarkin with endearment. I can also say you just gave inspiration on a scene featuring that toad Furgan, and he will likewise not be in a good mood.

Well, let's take up where we last left off, and this post will be a simple transference from the old thread to this one.

Luke emerged from the Lambda-class shuttle, waiting for his copilot to follow. Corran, Kam, and Brakiss had already boarded the Nebulon-B frigate in orbit that would drop them off on Yavin Four, pick up the engineers that followed Luke?s instructions in the renovation of the Great Temple, and deliver the engineers to the new colony on Dantooine. Now that they were aboard, the frigate began its orientation for the jump to Yavin Four.

Captain Ooryl Qrygg emerged from the shuttle, and the ramp began to retract. He went to face Luke. ?I?m honored to fly with you, Master Skywalker, but I am curious. Why did you ask Corran to tell me that you wanted me to accompany you to Yavin Four?? He lowered his voice as he continued. ?Won?t Ooryl?s presence compromise Corran?s cover??

Luke smiled in understanding as they made their way out of the hangar. ?You don?t need to worry about Corran?s cover. I got the impression that Kam and Brakiss will be keeping to themselves until we arrive. As for you, I was hoping to have a chance to talk to you about something.?

?What about, if I may ask??

?I understand that you?ve become a Findsman.?

?I became one after the campaign against Zsinj.?

?Then you are capable of performing rituals that allow you to home in on a target??

With some reluctance, Ooryl said, ?That is true.?

Luke nodded. ?General Cracken told me about another Gand Findsman named Venlyss Pnorr. He worked as a retrievals agent until some of the retrievals started arriving deceased. Pnorr?s current whereabouts are unknown. General Cracken told me he witnessed several of these rituals. Your people claim that the rituals have nothing to do with the Force, but General Cracken always had some doubt.

?I?ve come across others who use the Force in a different manner than the way I?ve been trained to use it. Would it be possible for you to either describe these rituals to me, or demonstrate them? That way I can determine whether or not you do invoke the Force.?

Ooryl remained silent for several moments. ?Qrygg regrets that Qrygg cannot provide details about the Findsman rituals.?

Though he felt a stab of disappointment, he chose to respect Ooryl?s decision. ?I would like to test you; however your squadron is already one pilot short. Furthermore, your presence would cause the same distractions I?ve taken steps to avoid by giving Corran the alias Keiran Halcyon. And you?d be putting Corran?s cover at risk. Therefore, can you inform your leaders that I would like to witness these rituals? If they are a different means of using the Force, then every Findsman has the potential to become a Jedi Knight and should have that option available for them.?

Ooryl considered then opened his mouthparts to give the impression of a smile. ?I can inform the ruetsavii, though I cannot be certain if they will agree.?

?Thank you, but don?t be concerned about whether or not they?ll agree. The final decision is in their hands.?

4. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Again, no responses? Maybe you'll like this one better - another transfer which has been edited.

Kam and Brakiss made their way through the temple. Kam was thinking about the questions that Keiran asked Luke. Kam couldn?t disagree that they were definitely valid questions. However, he felt that there was another reason behind Keiran?s questions regarding keeping watch. He hoped to learn that while he and Keiran came up with a training regimen for hand-to-hand combat. He immediately came up with another idea, and hoped to present it to Luke later.

Brakiss took great steps to keep his thoughts under control as he continued his scrutiny. He couldn?t believe he was in the former base from which the Rebel launched their successful attack on the Death Star. Why the Emperor didn?t order the destruction of the base, he would probably never know. Keiran?s questions caused him to have two chains of thoughts at the same time. First, as far as he could see, there were no security measures here ? no guards, shield generators, turbolasers, starfighters. Nothing. It?s as if Skywalker made a foolish decision, something Brakiss didn?t expect from him. Skywalker might believe that the Force will provide us with enough warning, but that won?t defend us from an orbital bombardment should one of the warlords decide to launch one. Unless? Could he know an ability that could pose a threat to the Imperial fleet?

The second chain focused on Keiran. Skywalker?s description of Keiran?s heritage suggested that his father escaped the Jedi Purge long enough to father a child. He suspected that Keiran?s father was dead, but he needed to be certain. His Jedi bloodline was one that the Emperor missed. There?s definitely more to Keiran than meets the eye, despite what Skywalker said. Keiran?s questions were definitely valid. His questions suggest that he attended some sort of military academy. It?s worthwhile to see if I can slice into the Rebel military computer files and look up his profile.

He then glanced at Kam. The fact that Kam served the Emperor, and was now here, labeled Kam as a traitor in Brakiss? eyes. I can?t wait to make him pay for that betrayal. His thoughts ended as they entered the Grand Chamber.

Kam looked around and took in the majestic air present in the chamber. He remembered his father describing to him the Jedi Council chamber on Coruscant. The Grand Chamber seemed to have an air of antiquity, just like the Jedi Council chamber. He took a deep breath of the jungle air, and exhaled it slowly. He said, ?You know, I can definitely get to like it here.? However, he also sensed an incredible amount of power within this temple, and was certain Luke felt it as well.

Brakiss, shifting into his role, gave him a friendly smile and said, ?I can get used to the humidity. That leaves the chance of getting bug bites as my only concern.?

Kam gave a small chuckle. ?Keiran, do you want to start going over???

His question was stopped short when he realized that he and Brakiss were alone. Both he and Brakiss scanned the chamber.

?Where did he go?? Brakiss asked.

?I wonder when he got separated from us?? Kam asked.

At that moment, both of them heard voices from the corridor leading to the Grand Chamber.

?Maybe he?s in here,? one of the voices said.

Both turned in time to see two men enter the Chamber. One was young with an intent expression on his smooth face. The other seemed even older than Kam was.

?Oh, sorry,? the young one said. ?We thought Master Skywalker was in here.?

?No he?s not,? Kam said.

Brakiss gave them a hard stare. ?Hey, I thought you all left with Captain Qrygg?s shuttle.?

?What?? asked the elderly man.

?Well, weren?t you part of the engineering team?? Brakiss asked.

Kam watched as the young one plant his hands on his hips and gave a huff of indignation. ?No, we?re two of Master Skywalker?s students.?

His statement c

5. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I'm not making any comments on the responses this time around. My computer's acting up again, and I think it's the same problem that I faced over a month or so ago. Anyway, I'm getting this post up now before my computer decides to freeze up on me. How things go tonight determines if I take it in tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Luke had just used the Force to return the locker in Corran?s room to its former position and was about to leave when he recalled something he wanted to ask Corran. ?One more thing, Corran.?

Corran looked at Luke.

?Have you ever met Keyan Farlander or Kyle Katarn??

Corran paused for a moment, shifting through his memory. ?I know Keyan Farlander from the historical holos. As for this Kyle Katarn, I read some reports on him, and I remember seeing his picture on the Empire?s wanted list. He was a graduate of the Imperial Academy on Carida who turned mercenary, right??

?That?s some of Kyle?s story, but not all of it.?

Corran waited for Luke to elaborate. Instead, Luke remained silent. ?As for your question, no, I?ve never met them face to face, but I can?t say that they haven?t heard of me.?

?That?s good to know, since they?re going to be joining us here.?

?Won?t Farlander?s presence cause the kind of distractions I would have created had I come here under my real name??

?Maybe, but he?s not as prominent as the pilots of Rogue Squadron are. I?ll deal with it should it become necessary.? Luke paused for a moment. ?Also, there?s a chance that Tyria Sarkin Tainer will be joining us.?

?Tyria? From the Wraiths?? Luke nodded. ?I met her and Kell once on the Mon Remonda.? He gave Luke a disbelieving look. ?You?re telling me the odds are that at least three of the candidates will recognize me. Even with my new profile? Couldn?t you have told them that they couldn?t join at this time??

?Since when are you concerned about the odds? You?re a Corellian,? Luke joked.

Corran took a serious tone. ?When the lives of my friends and squadron mates are at stake, I care. And especially in my wife?s case.?

Luke?s expression softened and his tone became mollified. ?I?ve known that Keyan and Kyle were Force-sensitive for several years before I learned of your Force-sensitivity, as well as Tyria?s. I wanted those two to be among the first students to attend here. As for Tyria, she?s taken leave to address some personal matters and consider her options, so she won?t be joining us for the immediate future. Tell you what ? if you feel that Keyan, Kyle, or Tyria might begin to suspect your real identity, we?ll pull them aside and let them in on the secret. Is that acceptable??

?The more people know, the greater the chance of a leak. It may not be the best solution, but it?ll have to do.?

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    OK catching up at last.

Nice bit in the museum with Tash wondering about Corran's grandad.

They tried to get their uncle to come along, but he chose to spend a quiet night at their apartment reading text docs on some ancient civilizations.
    LOL Hoole sure knows how to party.

Good to see baby Anakin getting mention here. :) Good point about Winter and Tycho finding it hard to get time together at that time.

I enjoyed the Rogues' scene. I'll catch up with the rest later - somebody wants to use the phone so I
    ll have to disconnect.

7. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Well, my computer's back for now. The floppy drive's gone dead, so I got to take it back in tomorrow. Fortunately, it'll be a quick job and I should have the computer back in time for the next post. Then again, I might decide to delay until I get more sections transferred. Hope you all took advantage of the opportunity to catch up. I know Tahi did.

Let's take up where we left off.

That night, Gantoris was in his chamber trying to get some sleep, yet his mind and emotions were churning. He agreed to leave the only home he ever knew, however harsh it was, and the people he swore to lead and to protect in order to become something greater. Something he felt he could use to help at first his people, then later, after he was confident that his people were safe at last, the rest of the galaxy. He had yet to tell Luke his intentions, but felt certain that Master Skywalker would understand and approve.

He was pleased to begin learning the Force during the journey back to Coruscant, and he was also glad to know that he wasn?t going to be alone in the training. When he and Streen arrived on Coruscant, he had hoped that Luke would continue with the training, but he didn?t. He knew Master Skywalker needed to deal with a family crisis, and he couldn?t hold anything against him for that. That?s not to say that his time on Coruscant was bad; far from it. Coruscant was a world of wonders, and the holographic landscape of Dantooine seemed like a paradise that had only existed in dreams had finally come true. He still couldn?t get used to the luxuries he experienced ? luxuries nearly everyone else on the planet took for granted. He recalled with humor how he had begun to spoil his appetite and taste buds with the food available ? far tastier than anything he ever had on Eol Sha. About the one major disappointment he had since he arrived on this moon was the lack of such delicacies. At least to him they were delicacies. He had also hoped that his status as a leader of a group of colonists living in a harsh environment would have accorded him some respect. And he got it from Mon Mothma and Leia, whom he had come to respect as fellow leaders and to see as equals in a short time.

Once Master Skywalker came back from Kessel, the three of them left almost immediately with the engineering team to get the temple ready for the others. Gantoris had hoped Master Skywalker would continue the training he had begun with him and Streen. But that never happened. Granted the arrival of Han Solo and the message he delivered were unexpected, just as Master Skywalker?s sudden departure. But the unexpected delay was worth it.

When he saw Tionne for the first time, he felt the same mixture of emotions he experienced when he met Leia and Winter. While he was surprised that he was going to be learning Jedi history from her, a fellow student, he definitely didn?t mind learning from a lady like her. Being the leader of the colonists, he didn?t have much time for romance, and it certainly wasn?t a high priority in his life. Now, however, that prospect was available to him, and he was definitely looking forward to it. Having met Leia and Han Solo, he had to admit ? he was envious of Han?s good fortune of being married to such a beautiful woman. He hoped he would be just as fortunate.

Hours after Master Skywalker came back with Tionne, both of them left. He didn?t get it ? first Luke went to yet another world to recruit another student, then he held some public testing of potential candidates back on Coruscant. With the exception of Tionne, Gantoris had thought Master Skywalker had already recruited the other students. He didn?t expect Master Skywalker to stop his search for more students, but he and Streen were the first students Master Skywalker had recruited. Gantoris thought that might entitle him to some training that would put him in front of the others. And just this morning, when Master Skywalker returned with three more students, none of whom were Tionne, he didn?t resume the train

8. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Gantoris is so impatient.

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002

Yay! I am now completely caught up. Excellent additions, JA. I like the questions you raise about the Findsmen and their link to the Force. Has any of the books dealt with that? It could make a story in itself.

Ah, so Gantoris is interested in Tionne is he? A pity he didn't spend more time pursuing that than dreaming about the dark man! lol

Anna is reading this with me - and she likes it too. :)

Sorry to hear you're having computer trouble. I'm not getting much time for computering or writing at present, but I'm hoping to try and keep up with everyone's stories.

10. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    First off, a notice to all readers: I've decided to post once a week rather than every three days. It'll give me more time to transfer and edit old sections and make new ones.

Grand Admiral, well we've seen instances of his impatience. And we know the result of his impatience.

Tahi, glad to see you've caught up. Now let's hope Darth Real Life and the little tyke give you a break so you can catch ip on your fanfics. As for the Findsman, the only instant that I know of when we see a possible link between a Findsman and the Force was this from I, Jedi

"I am Findsman." The Gand shugged as if that should have explained everything. "The important thing about being a Findsman is not knowing where to look, for that is easy. It is knowing when to look. I knew the when was now, and went to Master Skywalker to tell him that. He pointed me her, and I brought him now."

As for Gantoris, while I don't think his interest ever got to where some of her fans and Zak did, you're right that he shouldn't have been dreaming about the dark man as much as he did.

The computer problem was just a bad floppy drive. Got the computer back two hours later.

As for what you're doing to Anna, introducing her to these fanfics, as a crazy old hermit once said, "That's good. (She's) taken the first step into a much larger world." I read the poem, and it was cute. However, I don't think she should read this next section. Don't want to be accused of corrupting a minor.

Musing over the new arrivals, Exar Kun thought to himself how things were starting to get interesting. He moved about as the inhabitants slept, and drew on the latent power within the temples on the moon to hide his presence from Skywalker. Keiran Halcyon and Kam Solusar were too strong willed for Exar Kun?s tastes, but he was able to sense a pall of darkness surrounding Solusar. Solusar was probably yet another fool who rejected the dark side. He wondered if he should bother with bringing Solusar back to the darkness, or just dispose of him when the time was right.

Brakiss ? now there was a definite potential candidate. Exar Kun could sense the darkness within Brakiss? heart, yet the man seemed to be keeping the darkness under tight control, rather than using it. Though he would have to watch and learn about these new arrivals, and any other candidates on their way here, he chose to begin to form a plan to corrupt Gantoris to the dark side. The seeds of impatience were beginning to grow within that one. He chuckled as he thought how much Gantoris reminded him of himself ? brash, eager, impatient. But there was something else Gantoris had in common with him. Something Gantoris didn?t know he had ? something more ominous A fire darker and more potent than mere resentment ? a dark rage.

This dark rage caused Exar Kun to recall very distant memories ? memories of his time training under the Krevaaki Jedi Master Vodo Siosk-Bass on Dantooine with the Cathar Jedi couple Crado and Sylvar. He had never accepted the fact that his master and fellow trainees weren?t human. Having nearly completed his lightsaber training, he had wanted to learn about the dark side and the Sith, but Master Vodo forbade him, saying he wasn?t ready to receive such knowledge yet. Later, during a training exercise with the Cathar Jedi, he insulted both of them and in response Sylvar struck his cheek with her claws. His spectral form still bore the scars from that attack.

That attack triggered his own rage, a rage he never knew he had. He came close to killing Sylvar in retaliation when Master Vodo stepped in. Though Master Vodo bested Exar Kun with his simple walking stick at first, Exar Kun drew on his rage again first to retrieve Crado?s fallen lightsaber, then to defeat Master Vodo, destroying his master?s stick in the process. However, during the duel, Master Vodo sensed an empty place in Exar Kun?s heart that was hidden from Exar Kun because no light escaped from that region. He recalled his response ? O

11. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Okay everyone, time to shift the gears towards a more positive post transfer.

The Researcher streaked past the gas giant and made a beeline for Yavin Four. Hoole was at the controls, while Zak sat at the communications station at the starboard side of the cockpit.

?I just informed Luke of our imminent arrival. He and the others are going to greet us,? Zak said. ?I?ll head back and inform the ?Jedi beauties?.? He gave Hoole a broad grin as he finished.

I prefer the term Jedi scholars, Zak. Hoole shook his head in a mixture of exasperation and humor. Somehow, I don?t believe any part of Skywalker?s training could prepare him to deal with Zak?s obsession for women. He pitied Luke and any other women among the students he's teaching.

Zak entered the lounge and watched Tash and Tionne chatting away as if they were sisters.

Tash sensed that she was being watched and turned to look at Zak.

"Thought I should let you know?" Zak started.

"We're approaching Yavin Four. Right?" Tash finished.

Zak closed his eyes for a moment, feeling a brief flicker of annoyance. Ever since they were kids, Tash had the annoying habit of finishing other people?s sentences. He knew it was because she could sense the other person?s thoughts and therefore knew what the other individual was going to say.

"I got to get Luke to show me how to prevent you from reading my thoughts," he quipped.

Tionne giggled merrily, bringing a grin to Zak's face. "Ha. Ha." Tash said mockingly.

Zak went back to his room and picked up his possessions. Tash and Tionne already had their gear with them. Though they seemed to be sitting patiently, both of them were brimming with anticipation and excitement. To pass the time, Tash thought back to the time she spent with Tionne yesterday on Coruscant. While the two of them spent the day window-shopping and gathering some last-minute supplies for their stay on Yavin Four, Zak chose to spend the time with Wedge and the other Rogues, hoping they'd let him go for a run on the simulator, while Hoole finished preparing the Researcher for departure. Although she had friends at the university, Tash never had a connection with them the way she and Tionne were connected, courtesy of their shared interest in the Jedi and the Force. As they enjoyed themselves, Tash noted they got the attention of many men. While she smiled flirtatiously, Tionne blushed. She had to wonder how Tionne dealt with men who expressed more than a casual interest in her.

When Tash heard that Yavin Four was the location for the academy, she knew that there might be a chance to go swimming in any river that's nearby, provided it was safe to do so. She always enjoyed swimming and learned that Tionne loved swimming too. They took the opportunity to pick up swimsuits while shopping for exercise leotards. Tash's selections were ruby-red, yellow, and blue in color, while Tionne's were white, silver, and pearlescent. When Tash saw Tionne wearing each leotard and swimsuit, Tash felt relieved that only women were in the store. If Tionne wasn't stunning before, she was now with the swimsuits and leotards complimenting her gentle figure and making the curves of her body more apparent. Tash was certain the same thing applied to her. The effect they would have on men would be considerably magnified.

Now that they were approaching Yavin Four, Tash's thoughts turned to the other students. I hope Tionne and I aren't the only women on Yavin Four. Whether or not we are, we may have to deal with the men's hormones as well. At least we have one-piece leotards and swimsuits - Zak is going to be hard pressed as it is to control himself when he sees Tionne wearing a leotard. If Zak were to see Tionne in the swimsuit, or worse, in a bikini, Luke's going to have to use the Force to restrict Zak's movements or to cool down Zak?s emotions. Tash's thought became wicked and she began to chuckle to herself.

"What's so f

12. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Ok, so I've made it through the first two pages. Its been nice to re-read, and I really liked some of the additions. My favorite added section, and the one (two posts rather) that I thinked added the most has to be the parts with the Danthomarians. It really added to how their culture functions. Thanks. I'll finish up later.
    ~Rosy

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ack sorry it took me so long! Loving it still! :)

14. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Somehow I don?t believe any part of Skywalker?s training could prepare him to deal with Zak?s obsession for women.
    lol so true

the exar kun section is great - loved the brooding tone.

nice the way tionne reminded keyan of his wife - sweet moment there. lots of great back story there - always enjoy the way you integrate it all in.

yes - anna is keeping us busy, but it's a good busyness.

15. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    So sorry for the delay. Had a small taste of writer's block, and I got caught up in some other things.

Rosy, glad you liked the additions, especially the Dathomiri one. I bet you were saddened when you heard the YV took Dathomir. Fortunately Teneniel used her influence to evacuate her people and their rancors before the YV arrived. So the witches of Dathomir are still alive.

Welcome back, padawan. Glad you're still loving it.

Tahi, you're right. About the one good thing Luke gained from having to deal with Zak is that he was better prepared to handle any crushes that developed amongst the later students. As in around the JJK and YJK series. Whoa, thanks Tahi. I missed those Keyan lines. Technically, he hadn't arrived yet, but he will be in the next post. I'll remove those right now. As for Anna keeping you busy and it being good busyness, most of the time that might be true. But I can think of two instances when it's not good - waking up late at night and the nappy-changing.

To make it up, I'll put down two posts. Both of them are small, one's an original, the other's a transfer.

Carrying a tray of food, Luke got back to his room and saw Tionne and Kam standing outside. Kam was leaning against the wall with a stern, grim look on his face. Considering the kind of life he led, Luke couldn?t blame Kam for being that way. He hoped that by completing his training, Kam would also receive some of the healing he needed. Tionne, on the other hand, was doing everything she could to keep from fidgeting. Luke could sense her nervousness, and couldn?t help but smile. He knew she saw him and possibly Kam as examples of what she hoped to become, but she was still intimidated by being in their presences. Luke knew that with training and time, she would gain confidence and no longer be easily intimidated. Composing himself, he said, ?Let?s go inside.?

When they got inside, Luke could see that Tionne had fixed her attention on one of the few items in his room. On a ledge in a wall sat a pearlescent cube with ornate decorations on its surfaces. With awe and wonder in her voice, Luke heard Tionne ask, ?Is that? is that the Holocron??

?Yes,? Luke answered with a smile. He saw her walk towards the Holocron as if in a trance. As much as he appreciated her feelings, he needed to discuss with her first. ?Tionne.? Seeing he got her attention, he continued, ?I know you?re interested in the Holocron, but there?s something we need to discuss first.?

As Tionne nodded in understanding, Kam said, ?Master Skywalker, is it wise to let her see the Holocron??

?Your caution is good, Kam,? Luke said, ?but unnecessary. Tionne is most likely interested in hearing what the Holocron as to say about some of the lore and histories she knows of. Maybe it can help her fill in some of the gaps. Am I right, Tionne??

Tionne nodded sincerely. That was her hope exactly.

?Speaking of history, that is why I wanted to meet with the two of you.?

?But you said Tionne knew more about Jedi lore and history than anybody you?ve met.?

?Yes, but her knowledge covers only a certain period in the ancient past. You have knowledge of more recent events, like the Clone Wars. When all the students have gathered, I want to be able to present a summary of the history of the Jedi.?

?A summary?? Tionne asked. When she saw Luke nod, she responded, ?But if you give only a summary, your leaving out important details. You know that I feel history has relevance to the present, but you can only see the relevance if you have all the details. As you just said, that?s why I wanted to start learning from the Holocron right now. I remember the tales my grandmother told me, but I want to be certain that everything she told me was accurate. And there were some gaps. If I fill in these gaps, it?ll be that much easier to convey the relevance of the past to the other students here.?

Kam had to agree with Tionne?s statement. He could also see why Luke wanted her to a

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    As for Anna keeping you busy and it being good busyness, most of the time that might be true. But I can think of two instances when it's not good - waking up late at night and the nappy-changing.
    We're lucky with Anna as she's already sleeping through the night. :) And it's not so much the nappy changing as the nappy washing that gets me. LOL She's like a little fountain.

Anyway on to the post. Some lovely moments in this - Tionne and her reverence for the Holocron and the twins saying goodbye to Hoole. Dear old Kam - he's such a serious chap. I can see why Tionne would be a breath of fresh air to him. :)

17. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Once again, I'm sorry for the delay. Got too wrapped up in reading fanfics at another website, and none of those fanfics had anything to do with Star Wars. Fortunately, I got another two sections made up, combination of transfers and brand new material, so I'll another double post.

Tahi, glad to see that you can sleep through the night again. I bet your daughter's glad. So you think Tionne's a breath of fresh air for Kam, eh. Then I'm certain you'll like the second one. Author's note - look for some references to the KOTOR and KOTOR2 games and to the Clone Wars Cartoon in the second one.

Luke, Kam, and Tionne had just finished their meeting and were on their way to get their lunch when Artoo approached them. Listening to his whistles, Luke learned that a cargo freighter was arriving. He told Kam and Tionne to get some more lunch while he went to greet the freighter. He sent Artoo to find some of the others and have them come out to help unload the freighter. He had been anticipating this freighter - in addition to whatever amenities Leia thought would be necessary to make life at the academy pleasant, the freighter was also carrying one container filled with remotes and another filled with helmets with blast shields. As he exited the hangar bay, the cargo hatch lowered, and three individuals were standing at the egress. The last thing he expected to be on this freighter were two familiar faces.

Laughing, he approached them. "I certainly didn't expect either of you to get here so quickly."

"I had most of my affairs in order when you came back from Kessel," Keyan said. "I was ready to come here within an hour after you tested me, but we got a bit sidetracked. First, we learned about him wanting to come here as well, and then we swung by Dathomir to pick her up. Now, please tell me no one took my old room.?

Luke laughed at Keyan?s impertinence. He looked over at Kirana Ti, wearing her red lizard-hide armor and carrying her spear in her right hand and a satchel in her left hand. He then turned his attention to the third individual. He was of a humanoid species Luke had never encountered or heard of ? tall, thin, hairless, olive-green skin, a series of ridges running across the top of his head, lipless mouth, wide-set eyes, flattened and smooth nose, and ears tucked back against his head. He also appeared to be very nervous and uncertain.

Approaching the stranger, Luke extended his hand and said, "Welcome to Yavin Four."

Hesitantly, the individual shook Luke?s hand and said, "I, I am Dorsk 81."

That raised Luke's eyebrows, as well as Keyan's. Kirana Ti looked at him with a perplexed expression. Luke took his attention away from Dorsk 81 for the time being. He saw Keyan head down the ramp and take in the familiar scenery. "Don't think your sister could have picked a better place for your academy," he heard Keyan said. "And it looks like some of our fellow classmates have arrived." Luke turned to see Gantoris, Brakiss, Corran, Tash, and Zak heading towards the freighter, and then turned back towards the freighter when he heard the pilot.

"Farlander, can I get these labor droids to unload your cargo? I'm on a time schedule here, and the rest of the cargo needs to get to the Mon Calamari shipyards."

"Ease off on the thrusters, pal," Keyan said. Turning to Luke, he added, "Tell you what, Luke. How about you show Kirana Ti and Dorsk 81 to their rooms and give them a tour. I'll stay here and help with the unloading. I'll stow my gear later."

"Sounds like a good idea, Keyan," Luke said. Turning towards the others, he said, "Please, if you'll come with me."

While they overheard Keyan giving orders to the labor droids, Luke told Dorsk 81 to wait where he was while he led Kirana Ti to meet the others. Luke started with the introductions. "Kirana Ti comes from a world of Force-sensitive witches, all of whom are descendants of another Jedi."

When he heard that, Gantoris felt a kinship with this woman. Bot

18. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Hmm. No responses. Well, maybe this post will elicit some. It's for all you Dorsk fans. And, Tahi, about that rap song of yours, let me guess. You're hearing a good bunch of that stuff from one of your kids. Maybe you should tell them to do it outside. You don't want your granddaughter to be corrupted.

After Luke finished the tour, Kirana Ti left while he stayed behind with Dorsk 81 in the Grand Chamber. He stood before the Khommite, sensing his nervousness. He first talked to Dorsk 81 and learned about his people. When he learned that all the Khommites were clones, Luke made certain his face was a mask to cover up his surprise. He recalled his previous encounters with clones: Thrawn?s clone soldiers, the mad Jedi clone Joruus C?Baoth, his own clone, and even Palpatine?s clone bodies. Though he kept an open mind, those encounters didn?t leave a favorable impression towards clones on him.

He also didn?t sense a disturbing buzzing in the Force. In nearly all the previous encounters with clones, he felt a disturbing buzzing in the Force. Leia unraveled the mystery behind Thrawn?s rapid cloning ? a link was formed in the Force between a clone and the original being. If a clone spent years maturing, the clone?s mind became used to the ?Force link?; however, if the clone was created too fast, the clone?s mind ?broke?, rendering the clone insane. Thrawn used the Force-blocking ysalamiri to generate a Force-blank bubble large enough to encompass the entire cloning facility in Mount Tantiss.

Yet he felt no familiar buzzing in the Force while he was talking with Dorsk 81. Maybe the Khommites use different cloning methods and have been cloning themselves for so long, that the buzzing had mingled with the background. Or more likely, the original Dorsk died a thousand years ago, and without the original, no link could have been established.

At that point, Luke asked Dorsk 81 why he was here. Dorsk 81 described the feelings he had and the datapad incident. What he just described is evidence of latent Force-sensitivity, but I have questions. ?The Force is an energy field that?s generated by all life. Only a few individuals are gifted with ability to sense and manipulate the Force. This trait is passed down from parents to children.? He paused before continuing. ?I know from recent experience that if you clone a Jedi or someone who?s Force-sensitive, the clone will similarly be Force-sensitive. Had any of your predecessors ever sensed something familiar to what you?ve sensed? Or done anything similar to what you did to the datapad??

?No.?

Luke could sense Dorsk 81?s shame, and wondered why he was feeling that way. Most individuals would have been ecstatic to learn they were Force-sensitive. He would talk to Dorsk 81 about that feeling later. Shifting his attention back to the present, he said, ?I find that most strange. It could be that you are the result of circumstances that were beyond the control of those who create new clones on your homeworld. Or that you?re the first member of your line to become Force-sensitive, and that future members will also be Force-sensitive.?

?Master Skywalker, can you tell if I am Force-sensitive?? Dorsk 81 asked with trepidation.

Luke nodded. ?Come with me. I have two ways to determine if you do indeed have the potential.?

Several minutes later, they were in Luke?s quarters. Luke put on his desk a control pack and two sheet-crystal readers that resembled glassy silver paddles that were longer than his hands. He inserted the wires from the readers into the pack, activated the pack, and turned to face Dorsk 81. ?The Emperor had this device built to serve as a Force detector. Whenever they learned the location of a Jedi who escaped the Jedi Purge, or the existence of an individual suspected of having Force abilities, he sent his hunting teams with devices like this one. The paddles scan the subject, allowing the hunters to read the aura of the individual. After scanning, the control pack

19. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Hmm. Again with no responses. Ah, I'd like to have some responses here for two reasons. First, it lets me know who's reading. Second, I can read any of your comments and criticisms and respond to them. As I recall, one of you, padawan_lunetta I think, is a big fan of the Witches of Dathomir. Well, enjoy this one. Kirana Ti and Streen begin their friendship.

Kirana Ti noticed a stairwell that went up in the Grand Chamber. Wondering where it went, she climbed the stairwell all the way to the top of the temple. Once she reached there, she paused to take in the scenery.

She took in everything into view and immediately felt at home. The untamed jungle reminded her of the wilderness that was prevalent on Dathomir. She took in a deep breath of air through her nose. The smells are very different from Dathomir, but it?s full of life. When she first saw the Great Temple, she and Dorsk 81 had surprise on their faces. They were obviously expecting something more modern, especially considering how important the Jedi academy was to the New Republic. Keyan told them that the Rebel Alliance once had a base there, and it was from there that they launched the attack on the first Death Star. She had taken the time to read up on the history of the Rebel Alliance and the New Republic. She felt somewhat honored to be at the site of one of the climatic battles in the war against the Empire. She saw that the place had been prepared for the students, yet the engineers took care to preserve the appearance of the temple. She relaxed even more as it reminded her of the fortress of the Singing Mountain Clan. She could even sense the latent power that was contained in the moon. In her opinion, this moon was a lot like her homeworld, and she could come to like this place.

She turned her gaze upwards and saw the gas giant dominating the sky. When she first entered the system and approached the gas giant, she thought that was where the Jedi academy was located. It was a grand spectacle, but she couldn?t see any land. Then the ship moved around the planet and headed to this moon. The sight of a moon with an atmosphere, water, and forests was a great surprise for her. She had never thought it possible for a moon to support life.

She was even more surprised when Keyan told her that there were two other moons in orbit around Yavin that could support life. Yavin Eight was a moon with high mountains, while Yavin Thirteen had a desert-like environment. He was certain both supported animal life, but he didn?t know the specifics.

Thinking about the approach to Yavin Four brought her mind back towards the two people who had come here with her. She didn?t know the spell of open-mind, with which she would have sensed the emotions of the others; however, she didn?t need it to see Dorsk 81?s nervousness. She felt certain that Dorsk 81 wouldn?t survive being on her homeworld. Keyan Farlander, on the other hand, had the look of a fighter in his eyes. If she had to guess, he was probably a veteran of the war against the Empire.

She was so caught up in her musings that she didn?t sense the presence of another on the top of the temple.

?Hello? Who?s there??

Kirana Ti, surprised that she could be caught off guard, whirled around towards the direction from which the voice came, and assumed a combat stance. Her body turned to provide a narrow profile. Her legs splayed apart. Her left arm fully extended with her palm facing out. Her right arm was locked fully extended with her spear running parallel to it, stone tip out, other end against her shoulder blade.

She saw an elderly man sitting at the far corner of the rooftop. His skin was like leather, and his hair was creamy in color. He was wearing what she came to recognize as a jumpsuit covered with many pockets. He looks old enough to be an elderly slave, if we were on Dathomir.

Streen was surprised when he saw the woman take a combat stance. He could tell from her toned skin and firm musc

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ah yes - that last scene is one of my favourites. The conversation between Kirana Ti and Streen is great - very realistic and in-character.

I like reading things from Kirana Ti's perspective, and you make a good point that she's already well along the way to being a Jedi with all her experience dealing with the nightsisters.

The scene where she showers Zak with dirt is great - was she suggesting he had a dirty mind I wonder. ;)

Oh, Luke, he complained silently, you had to go and bring someone from Dathomir, didn?t you? Now we?ll have someone here who probably shares Plourr?s temperament and personality. He remembered what he asked Wes several years ago after seeing Plourr took a fully charged blaster and instead of firing it swung it around like a club.

?Are there more like her at home??

?A whole planet full,? Wes said.

?Keep them there.?

That bit from Corran's point of view was priceless.

Good background on Dorsk too. :)

I noticed two descriptions that sounded a little bit similar that you may want to look at. Both are from Kirana Ti's view, one being about Tash and the other about Tionne. In both she notes that they wouldn't last long in the wilds of Dathomir. The phrasing isn't the same for each, but you may still want to alter them.

Your representation of Corran is good and I enjoy reading his bits. You capture his natural suspicion well.

Nice posts, JA.

You don't like rap? Awwwww.

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Up for a great story. :)

22. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Once again, I apologize for the delay. I felt I should get some sections made up/transferred/edited before I start posting them here. It'll give me some breathing room for me to work on future posts.

Tahi. Kirana Ti had just met Zak, and she doesn't know how to sense another's emotions. So she doesn't know about Zak's "alleged" mind, yet alone if it's dirty or not. I took your advice and edited Kirana Ti's statements. I also made some changes in the historical timeline surrounding KOTOR and KOTORII. Damn. It's coming out for the XBox on Tuesday, and I have to wait until February to get it for the computer. <goes off cursing>

Now that I have vented that out, let's continue on with the story. Here's a transfer, and we get to see Luke nip one problem in the bud, and the beginning of another friendship.

After he tested Dorsk 81, Luke went to the mess hall to get Kam. They then went out to the landing field to get Corran and Keyan. Luke wanted to go over the regimen Corran and Kam had come up with, and wanted Keyan to participate as well. When they got out onto the landing field, they noticed Dorsk 81 there as well. But what surprised them was that he was talking to Gantoris, of all people.

Both of them have left the only worlds they have ever known for something else. It will be interesting to see how those two get along, Luke mused. Spotting Corran and Keyan, Luke called them over. When they arrived, he turned to face Kam and Corran. ?Kam, Keiran, have you come up with a training regimen??

Kam nodded. ?We?ve managed to combine some of the training that Keiran received with training that I received from my father, as well as some training that other Jedi have received in my father?s time.?

?Ah, Luke,? Keyan said.

?Yes, Keyan??

?Is learning how to fire a blaster part of the training as well??

?No, it?s not. I want to train you and the others to learn to use the Force, not blasters. Why did you ask??

Keyan started to feel a little uncomfortable, but he faced Luke and said, ?I requisitioned the blasters and energy clips from my quartermaster. They?re part of the cargo that?s being dropped off. Personally, I don?t believe there?s anything wrong with learning to use a blaster. Besides, you?ve used a blaster on many occasions, and I?m certain some of them were after you became a Jedi.?

Luke was about to object when he heard Kam say, ?I?m actually glad that he brought them.?

Luke turned around to see Kam nodding his head in agreement. Standing besides Kam, Corran was also nodding his head.

?We can teach the others to filter out distractions while wielding a blaster,? Kam continued. ?It?ll prepare them for redirecting shots with the lightsaber.?

?Not only that,? Corran said, ?we may end up going on some undercover missions, and knowing how to use a blaster will become more important then. Blasters are common; lightsabers aren?t. If we have a lightsaber dangling from out belt while undercover, we might as well announce that we?re Jedi. In addition, a lightsaber doesn?t allow us to stun individuals we might need to detain.?

?I still think that the blasters are unnecessary, but I won?t object to your giving blaster lessons to the students,? Luke said. Luke actually felt it was a good idea; however, the appearance of blasters brought to the surface some things that have been on his mind ever since he chose to train others ? his hesitation at having to train students, and his need not to have the New Republic think of the Jedi as specialized stormtroopers. There?s also a painful memory that continued to haunt him. Obi-Wan and Yoda trained him well, and yet all that training didn?t prepare him for his reaction to what his father said ? if you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will. That nearly drove him to the dark side. Deep in his mind, he can?t be certain if a lesser person would have resisted in the end. As such, he can?t be certain that his training will be eno

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good post. :)

?Not only that,? Corran said, ?we may end up going on some undercover missions, and knowing how to use a blaster will become more important then. Blasters are common; lightsabers aren?t. If we have a lightsaber dangling from out belt while undercover we might as well announce that we?re Jedi. In addition, a lightsaber doesn?t allow us to stun individuals we might need to detain.?
    Good old Corran - practical as ever. But I can understand Luke's hesitation to train his pupils with blasters.

I also liked the discusiion about their suspicion of clones. You're bringing out the characters really well through their various opinions on things. :)

Just a reminder to readers that the Winter Awards are here - and this story is a good choice for Readers' Choice Canon Story among others. It also has some fine characterisations of various Jedi - my personal favourite being Kirana Ti. :)

24. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Nice to see you liking the way I'm in character with the students, Tahi. And if you like Kirana Ti, just wait, for here she comes again. And another lingering issue will be put to rest.

Kirana Ti and Streen had spent their time together talking about their respective homeworlds. After hearing about Bespin, she began to see another reason why he chose to come up here. The gas giant this moon orbited must remind him of his home, and this was the best place to see it. And she had to admit that she enjoyed the jungle scenery as well. It reminded her of home, and she took some comfort in the view.

?I thought you would be here.?

Surprised by the voice, Kirana Ti turned around and almost assumed a combative stance. When she saw it was Master Skywalker, she flushed in embarrassment at being taken by surprise.

Streen was surprised at how fast Kirana Ti acted.

?Don?t be embarrassed. Your attention may have been focused on Streen, but the Force would have warned you of danger if I had been a threat.?

?But I should have sensed your presence. You?re like a radiant star in the Force.? When she arrived on the moon, she sensed the amount of power radiating from both the moon and Luke. He was so much stronger than when she first saw Teneniel Djo leading Luke into their fortress, and the moon seemed to be as rich in the Force as Dathomir.

?Be patient. Soon, you?ll be able to sense and call upon the Force at will, without diverting your attention to casting your spells.?

Kirana Ti felt somewhat chagrined at Luke?s being able to sense her thoughts, but not as much as she might have been.

?Excuse me, Streen, but I would like to talk to Kirana Ti alone.?

After nodding to his request, Streen turned to Kirana Ti and gave her a smile. ?Perhaps you can tell me more about Dathomir later.?

Kirana Ti smiled at the thought.

Luke was surprised by the apparent friendship forming the two, but then again he was surprised by the friendship forming between Dorsk 81 and Gantoris. Returning to why he was here, he asked, ?Is there something wrong, Kirana Ti? You seemed to be on edge ever since you heard that Kam Solusar briefly served under Palpatine.?

For the first time in her life, she found herself hesitating in addressing a man. She chose her words carefully. ?You are aware of our traditions. Of how we banish for a few years those who become tainted with darkness in hopes that they would atone. After that time of atonement, they?re allowed to petition to rejoin their respective clans. To me, it seems too soon for him to be here.

?I need to remind myself that I must keep an open mind, since the way things are done on Dathomir are most likely different from elsewhere in the galaxy. I?m willing to do that, and let actions speak for themselves.? She gave Luke a stare that was humbling, yet filled with firm resolve. ?However, what I said to Brakiss, I also apply to Kam.?

Luke was glad to hear that Kirana Ti was willing to keep an open mind. And he could understand her concerns were born from her culture. Considering that, he decided to keep Keyan?s brush with the dark side to himself. If anyone else were to learn about it, they would do so from Keyan. Now he needed to get to the heart of this conversation he was having with Kirana Ti. Giving her a fixed stare, he asked. ?What you said back there to Brakiss, and what you just said about applying it to Kam ? do you apply it to me as well??

Once again, she hesitated before answering. ?What you did was essentially the same thing others in my clan and in other clans have done ? tried to learn the dark spells and then use them to destroy the Emperor from within. But all those who have attempted this became Nightsisters.?

Luke said as much to Teneniel while he, Teneniel, Artoo, and Isolder spent the night in the cave after he killed Ocheron. He also knew the basics behind the tale of Ulic Qel-Droma ? how he tried to do the same thing, but ended up be

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sorry to have been remiss on replies.

I like how you are getting into the characters minds more than the books.