main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "A Ghostly Laugh" L/M, Little Solos, Halloween!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Title: A Ghostly Laugh
    Author: ginchy
    Category: Humor, or at least, I hope so!
    Characters: Luke/Mara, Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, Leia
    Timeline: Sometime after L/M are newly married
    Notes: I wrote this last year, but just missed Halloween with it! It was written for a challenge on another site. The challenge is listed after the fic. Now, the Solo?s might be acting a bit younger than they would have been when L/M married? it?s hard to tell with those kids, poor things were gypped out of a childhood. So, maybe just pretend L/M married when the kids were a bit younger. I have no problem with that. ;) I?m working on yet another Halloween vig? let?s see if I can get it ready by Tuesday!

The door chimed and Luke Skywalker answered, startled to find a galactic senator, two stormtroopers, and an Imperial spy outside his door.

He grinned, however, when the three Imps, prodded by the galactic senator, held out their treat bags and chorused, ?Trick or Treat!?

Luke laughed and waved his sister in with her three children. He directed the kids to a bowl of Harvest Day treats he had set out and watched them quickly begin to fight over who should get a larger share. Luke snorted: Imps indeed.

Leia embraced her brother, leaning up to give him a quick peck on the cheek. ?Where?s Mara?? she asked, looking over his shoulder, into the small kitchen for his absent wife.

?She?s trying to find a suitable costume for me,? Luke grinned. ?She?s wearing one of her old jumpsuits?She and Jaina are supposed to match.?

Leia laughed, looking fondly at her daughter who was dressed as the aunt she adored. Thankfully Jaina knew little of Mara?s unsavory past, and believed the ?point-of-view? truth that Mara had been an Imperial spy in her youth. That was haunting enough without going too far into the gory details?Harvest Festival or no.

?Well,? Leia said, after noting that Mara wasn?t coming out of her and Luke?s bedroom anytime soon, ?I?ll be off. Han and I will come and pick up the kids later tonight. Thanks so much for keeping them?They?ve really been looking forward to it.?

Luke grinned and kissed his sister?s cheek in parting. ?As have I,? he said, watching as Leia removed the boys? helmets and kissed each of her children goodbye.

Luke collapsed onto his sofa, grunting as Anakin came over and popped on top of him, squealing. ?Uncle Luke, Uncle Luke! Daddy said that you?ve seen real ghosts!?

Jaina and Jacen perked up at that, leaving the candy bowl behind and coming to jump on the couch, close to their uncle, too.

?YOU saw a ghost, Uncle Luke? Was it scary?? Jacen asked, a frown of mild disbelief showing on his forehead.

?Was Aunt Mara there? Did SHE see the ghost?? Jaina asked, the skepticism on her face a near mirror of her twin?s.

Luke laughed at their antics. ?Let?s see?Yes, I?ve seen ghosts, no they were not scary, and unfortunately I hadn?t met Aunt Mara yet when I saw these ghosts??

?Well?what was the ghost like?! Did it make you feel all cold and clammy? Did it have blood dripping from it?s mouth?? Anakin was nearly levitating off the sofa, he was so enraptured in the idea of a scary ghost visiting his beloved uncle.

?Guys, guys?? Luke said, waving a hand, ?calm down. I didn?t see a scary ghost. I saw Obi-Wan Kenobi several times as a ghost, Yoda as a ghost, and your grandfather as a ghost.?

The kids looked at one another and frowned, before looking back at their uncle. ?Aw, Uncle Luke, we thought you had seen a REAL ghost, not just a Force Spirit.? Anakin sighed, seemingly disappointed.

Luke was at a loss at how to respond to that, but was saved by the appearance of his wife in a jade-green jumpsuit that exactly matched the one Jaina was wearing. ?Well, Skywalker,? she said, looking from her frowning husband to the silent children, ?you really know how to work a room.?

Jaina ran over to Mara and took her hand, pulling her towards the sofa to sit on the opposite end from Luke. ?Dad told us that Uncle Luke had se

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This was funny, ginchy. And I think it was clear enough that the kids didn't realize what the droid's 'spirits' would do.

3. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    LOL! Very funny! I especially liked the last line.

Janet

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    ?Aw, Uncle Luke, we thought you had seen a REAL ghost, not just a Force Spirit.?

I can understand why Luke felt lost after that, I would to, I mean, ?just??

?Yes, well?? Luke said, turning on his side to smile at his wife, ?I think I saw my father.?

Mara?s eyes grew round. ?Did you?? She asked, a bit breathlessly.

Luke nodded. ?Yes, I saw my father?. and he was laughing at me.?

Now that sound just like something Anakin Skywalker would do, poor Lukie.

This was an amazing, funny and sweet viggie ginchy, I loved it.

5. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    [face_laugh] *giggle*:D

this is cute *giggling again* .... a force spirit...... *sorry I had a glas of wine already this evening*[face_blush]

Yes, somehow this is VERY believable.[face_batting]

cheers,

VeryBusy

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Luke looked at her and she spoke quickly, not wasting words, ?You. Healing Trance. Now.?

?What?? Luke asked, trying to look perplexed.

?I?ll explain later. First let me put you into a healing trance.?

?Okay,? he readily agreed, smiling happily at her. Mara sighed; at least he was a happy imbiber.

I can't see him being mean or depressed. He'd be a happy guy.

This was very cute! I love the Solo kids dressing up like stormtroopers. Adorable!

Nice work![face_pumpkin]

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wonderful, fun viggie, gal! :D Only kids raised with Jedi would think Force ghosts were boring, LOL.

Loved the last line! Considering all the times Anakin went bar-hopping with Obi-Wan, I bet he did think it was hilarious! [face_laugh]

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Funny stuff, girl!

The door chimed and Luke Skywalker answered, startled to find a galactic senator, two stormtroopers, and an Imperial spy outside his door.

The opening line was just perfect!

Well done! =D=

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree, perfect opening line. [face_laugh]

Had to chuckle with the Solo kids being disappointed that Unlce Luke only saw Force spirits.

Several minutes later Luke entered the kitchen wearing his old Rogue Squadron flight-suit, noting that it was a bit of a tight stretch across the muscles of his chest with only a small, self-indulgent smile. Mara noted his train of thought and grinned?Why else would she have picked that particular costume?

Ha! Smart lady! :D :D

?We thought if we gave Uncle Luke some spirits that he would see a spirit. You know a scary one with blood, and fangs, and boog??

They didn't?!? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Superb response to the challenge ginchy. =D= =D=

10. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I continue to love how you write the three Solo kids. Their costumes were just too cute! I'm so glad you posted this. Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin made me laugh when they learned Luke only saw Force spirits and not the spooky ghosts. LOL!

And Farmboy getting intoxicated from his niece and nephews. 8-} Yep-Anakin is right to laugh at his son. Looks like Luke got the trick and not the treat. ;)

=D=

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    The opening and closing lines were perfect. So was the middle. I loved it and it wasn't anywhere near as scary as you Halloween story of last year.

12. izzard

izzard Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2006
    Very cute story and I loved the ending. I also loved the line:
    Luke looked at her and she spoke quickly, not wasting words, ?You. Healing Trance. Now.?
    I can see many many uses for a line like that...:D

13. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Aw, that was adorable! And really funny, poor Luke :) Great fic!

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was adorable! [face_love] [face_laugh]

Luke awakened from his trance when he felt Mara crawl into bed with him. ?Are the kids gone?? he asked softly, blinking away the mild disorientation he felt.

?Yeah, they just left. Leia and Han were not pleased with their actions, or with our choice of a chef-droid. I think he?ll be scrap metal soon??

Luke winced, he had a soft-spot for all droids and didn?t like to think of one being made into scrap, especially when it was just following its protocol. But Mara was right?they couldn?t risk this droid being around children who could easily trick it.

?You know,? Luke said, laying back on the bed with his arms behind his head. ?I think I saw a spirit tonight, after all, Mara.?

?Oh, really, Skywalker? Do tell,? Mara said, grinning at him. ?Shall I fetch the children for this story? Did the ghost have,? she lowered her voice dramatically, ?boogers??

Luke snorted. Boogers was not a word he ever thought he?d hear from his beloved wife?s mouth. ?Naw, I believe I saw another Force Spirit. The children wouldn?t be impressed.?

?Well, I?m impressed, Farmboy?with all that ?punch? you drank and you still managed to have a Force vision? That IS impressive.?

?Yes, well?? Luke said, turning on his side to smile at his wife, ?I think I saw my father.?

Mara?s eyes grew round. ?Did you?? She asked, a bit breathlessly.

I'm quite sure he was! ;)

=D=

15. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice response to the challenge! Poor Luke, getting his punch spiked by a rogue chef-droid. lol

AG88

16. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Hehehehehe! Mara said "boogers!" [face_laugh]

But seriously, fun story!

17. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    hehehehehe... I can just see Ani laughing at Luke..

great fic!

18. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    This was a great fic Ginchy, from the opening line to Ani laughing at Luke.

You had all the characters "in character" in a good way!

Great job,

TnTornado

19. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    That last line was awesome.
    Spirits... Oi. Poor Luke.

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Those Solo kids are qutite creative, aren't they?

Loved how they tried to get Luke to see the scary, bloody ghost with chains and boogers!

And Anakin found that amusing? face laugh

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Great to re-read this! Little Solos are just a blast.

22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Jedi-2B: Thank you! And I'm glad the kids didn't seem too devioius, I just wanted it to be cute and lighthearted. (When don't I? LOL)

Darkwriter: Thanks! Originally I meant for Anakin Skywalker to have a bit of a bigger role, but I thought this worked out to be funnier.

Star_Angel: Thank you! I guess you just never know what children will find fantastic. LOL!

verybusy: Thanks! I love to make people giggle. :D

divapilot: Thanks, gal! Yup, I think Luke would be a happy drunk. Hugging everybody. [face_laugh]

Jedi Trace: Thank you, lady! Yes, those Solo kids have seen too much to be impressed by their Uncle's paltry visions. [face_laugh]

Jade_Pilot: Thanks, girl! I like that opening, myself!

Healer_Leona: Thanks! I had a lot of fun with this one. Poor Luke. LOL!

MirandaFair: Thanks, twin! [:D] I try and give the Solo kids the childhood they were denied. ;)

RebelMom: Thank you! Yes, I think I can only do one scary story per decade. ;) [face_laugh]

izzard: Thanks! LOL, I bet Mara's probably had to use that line a bit more than she'd like in her married life!

LostBook: I know, poor Luke. But he's gotta know I love him. Thank you!

VaderLVR64: Thank you! You know I love adorable family fics! :D

academygrad88: Crazy droids! ;) Thank you, lady!

Blue_Milkshake: I know, can't you just hear her clipped accent saying that?? [face_laugh] Thanks!!

RedGold: I can, too! Thank you, gal!

TnTornado: Thanks so much! What a wonderful compliment!

Arwen_Djo: I know, poor farmboy. ;) Thanks for reading!

KELIA: Thank you! Those little Solo's are quite fun to write--they take over the story!

JadeLotus: Thanks, lady! I do love to write them when they were children. I'm not sure what to make of them as adults. ;) [face_laugh]

Halloween in April??! Sorry, I didn't realize I hadn't replied to this! [:D] to everyone who read!

23. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    So cute! I could jsut see this happening. Halloween in April? At the end of the month, it will be exactly six months away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.