main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Glance through the Looking Glass (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, May 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    gimpy??? where are you? don't leave us hanging for to long....

2. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Gimpy so long with no post, not a good thing

3. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Gimpy, that was a wonderful last two posts! *wipes eyes*
    It was so sad to think of a dimension where both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are no more. :(

Great story! Keep posting!

4. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Hello, all (boy a lot of you popped up)! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get more up, I've been really busy!! Here's some more. It seemed like I had a lot more posts to go, and all of a sudden...wow! There are only two more posts left after this! Sorry it's kinda short!

Oh, btw I'm posting two new JA stories up as soon as I'm done here. They're called A Place to Call Home and Right Here Waiting. If you have time then I'd be honored if you'd check them out!

========================
    ========================

Qui-Gon wasn?t sure what woke him. He sat up straight in the uncomfortable infirmary chair and rubbed his eyes. Everything appeared the same; Obi-Wan was still lying motionless on the hospital bed, the small, steady beeping of machines creating a background of sound. What had awoken him??

That was when he noticed the teenager?s breathing. It was no longer the uneven, slightly haggard sound that it had been when Qui-Gon had fallen asleep. Instead it was the deep, regular breathing of someone sleeping. Qui-Gon felt some muscles in his neck and shoulders unknot. Obi-Wan would be okay. He really would be okay. Qui-Gon sat back in his chair and waited, his eyes never leaving the still face.

5. Jaycen_Kayde

Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2000
    Just wondering if you guys could give a look to my site and tell me if my script or anything else could use revision. It's still in very early stages, but I would rather have the script right now than have to regret it later.
    http://members.fortunecity.com/kolmanfilms http://members.fortunecity.com/kolmanfilms

Also, if you are in NYC and would be interested in helping out, this MAY be a paying job!!

JK

6. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Hm...no takers yet? confused.gif :p

7. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    The board was down, people probably didn't realize you had made a new post. Good stuff.

8. neri

neri Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jedi_master_gimpy:
    Obi-Wan would be okay. He really would be okay. Qui-Gon sat back in his chair and waited, his eyes never leaving the still face.

Yay~ Obi is going to be alright. And like Qui-Gon, our eyes aren't leaving the thread (until "THE END"). More please?

9. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Hey, those lightsabres look familiar!

I'm a bit at a loss as to how this can be used as part of a thesis, but it looks good so far...

The latter half of your script could do with more description. For example, at one point, the Nemesis character is said to kneel before the hero, then HE tells the others (presumably) to get up. Much of this needs clarifying. Otherwise, the script is fine, and quite humourous.

I feel your storyboards could be worked on more. If they are going to be assessed in some way, then you should maybe try to get them looking more professional. Ask a more artistic person to help you if need be.

Overall, it's looking good so far, and I'll come back to it in the future. Well done!

Saeed TTC

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Gimpy when you say short, you mean short!

I'm going to be so sad when I see those words THE END, but I always am. At least there are more Gimpy stories out there to read.

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    That was short and sweet. Yes! Obi-Wan's going to be all right! Hooray! Another successful story by Gimpy winding to a happy end. Now on to the finish post!

12. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    With all the problems with this forum the last few days I am glad I finally got to read this post. I agree with all that has been said before!!!!! So sorry to see this coming to a close, buy your new stories hold so much potentional!!!!!!

Your the best Gimpy!!!!!!

13. Jaycen_Kayde

May 14, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saeed:
    I'm a bit at a loss as to how this can be used as part of a thesis, but it looks good so far...

My thesis is focusing on digital effects. My school does not allow communications majors to write a senior thesis. We have to produce a short feature with a single focus, mine is digital effects. Hope this clears it up.

14. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaycen_Kayde:
    ...We have to produce a short feature with a single focus, mine is digital effects. Hope this clears it up.

Yes, but that being the case, then, may I suggest you rework the script to include more CG - ships/droids etc..?

Saeed TTC

15. Jaycen_Kayde

May 14, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saeed:
    Yes, but that being the case, then, may I suggest you rework the script to include more CG - ships/droids etc..?

Saeed TTC

There will be ships, but droids may be asking a bit much and I can't afford to hire someone to do it for me. And even if I focus on cgi and digital effects, I still have to have a halfway decent story. I'm going to flesh the script out a bit, as I said, it's not set in stone, but my real focus is going to be on the image manipulation, i.e. the lightsabers and stuff like that. Thanx for the input.

Jason

16. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    You're very welcome. I hate to see the dreaded '0' Replies on anyone's post!

Saeed TTC

17. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Heheh, well I'm glad that the ending is going over well, so far. Yep, mouse2 it was short!! Here's some more for everyone, thanks for sticking with it and for everyone's encouragement. There's one more post after this!

======================
    ======================

?M-Master??

Qui-Gon sat upright in his chair and blinked his eyes. The exhausting stress of the last few days had been enough for him to once again doze off. Now the tired Jedi Master?s bleary eyes focused on the small figure lying on the bed before him. ?Obi-Wan? You?re awake?? A deep, shuddering sigh of relief escaped the large man as he moved with quick grace to kneel by the bed, engulfing the teenager?s hand in his own. Qui-Gon?s other hand gently smoother Obi-Wan?s hair back from his face as he searched the younger Jedi?s features for any signs of distress. ?How do you feel??

Obi-Wan gave him a small smile. ?Okay.? His tiny hand squeezed Qui-Gon?s reassuringly. ?Wha- what happened?? Obi-Wan?s eyes searched Qui-Gon?s questioningly. ?One second you were there, holding me. And then you were gone, and there were other people there ? and then you were there again?? Obi-Wan?s brow wrinkled in confusion and uncertainty, as well a hint of fear.

Qui-Gon smiled at him gently. ?It?s a long story, Padawan. I?m sorry I wasn?t with you.?

Obi-Wan?s face crumbled immediately and Qui-Gon could see the fear he had felt during those few seconds. ?I?ve never been afraid of dying before,? he said with a slight sniffle. ?I knew that as a Jedi it would always be there, and I accepted it. But when you disappeared, I was so afraid??

Obi-Wan squeezed his eyes shut against the tears that threatened to spill. He drew in a deep, shuddering breath before opening two glistening sapphire eyes that focused on Qui-Gon?s face. The Jedi Master suddenly seemed older than his years with deep lines of recent grief etched into his face. ?I realized that I wasn?t afraid to die as long as you were there, Master. All I wanted was to have you with me.?

Qui-Gon brushed away the tears that traced down the teenager?s cheek, carefully gathering him close in a hug. A few long moments later he released his Padawan and tapped Obi-Wan?s chest right above his heart. ?Oh, Obi-Wan. I?ll always be with you, here.?

?I know,? Obi-Wan wiped the tears away with the back of his hand and gave Qui-Gon a watery smile. They lapsed into a comfortable silence for a few moments before Obi-Wan spoke up again, a slight twinkle in his eyes. ?Master, if the doctors here are anything like Healer An-Paj back at the Temple then I?m going to be in this bed for quite a while. I?m dying to hear this long story of yours.?

Qui-Gon gave him a smile of his own, a sad and reflective look on his face. The older man shifted to a more comfortable position and paused. What could he say about the young boy whose innocence and goodness had saved his life, his soul in two different dimensions? Everything, he decided. He could say everything. ?In one dimension there is an Obi-Wan Kenobi that looks almost exactly like you. Only he was 13 years old and the Qui-Gon there took him as his Padawan when he was nine...?

======================
    It ain't over till a Gimpy sings, people!

18. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Darn double posts!

[This message has been edited by jedi_master_gimpy (edited 06-18-2000).]

19. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Darn triple posts! redface.gif

20. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    mad.gif Okay, this is just a tad annoying!!

21. neri

neri Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2000
  22. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Another lovely post Gimpy!!!!!

23. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh Gimpy, guuuuuueeeeeesssss whhhhoooo!!! This is a very cool story. Post the next part soon please.

24. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    sniff sniff
    You killed street Obi! Waahhaaahhaa! But he was reunited with his master, so it's okay, all because you're such an awesome writer. All those posts I just read were so beautiful, I love this story!
    I eagerly await more. There is more isn't there? I haven't heard you sing yet. tongue.gif

25. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    redface.gif Sorry for the wait everyone, I've been soooo busy!! Hehe Jade I see you have discovered the *other* site! I'm glad your username is working now! And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

=============
    =============

Qui-Gon slowly dried the last spoon from breakfast. He and Obi-Wan were back in their quarters at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Qui-Gon held the spoon up in front of him and looked at his reflection in the back of it. So strange, he thought. So strange that just the small bend of the spoon makes my reflection so different.

Qui-Gon thought rather ironically that he had been through that bend, had experienced that slightly twisted reality. But he had made it home. For a moment qui-Gon saw Xanatos lying on the dirt floor. He saw Obi-Wan running down the stairs after him during the tremors, watching over him. He saw him and Obi-Wan laughing in the alley behind a café, and saw Obi-Wan refusing to leave by the stream. How sad, all the might-have-beens. The galaxy would move on, no one ever knowing what a special person it had lost that day in the cave. The gang on Coruscant would wonder, but eventually the memory of Obi-Wan would be forgotten, left behind. Except with him. Qui-Gon smiled to himself. Obi-Wan would live in Qui-Gon?s memory forever.

?Master?? Obi-Wan said quietly from the doorway. ?Are you ready??

Qui-Gon abruptly pulled himself back to the present. ?Yes, Padawan. Just a moment.? They were to meet with the Council for a debriefing in ten minutes. As an after thought as the brown head disappeared into the rest of their chambers, Qui-Gon called, ?Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan?s head poked back into the kitchen. ?Yes, Master??

Qui-Gon smiled at him, all sadness gone at the sight of the smiling teenager. ?How would you like to go out and get some ice cream afterwards??

Obi-Wan grinned. ?Really??

?Really.? Qui-Gon chuckled as the younger Jedi squealed and gave him a quick hug. Yet another thing that the orphaned street Jedi had taught him: you had to live in the moment, because you never knew when you would lose the things you held dear. Qui-Gon smiled. He and Obi-Wan would make the best of their time together, of that he was sure.

THE END

*Gimpy begins to sing off key, just for Bastet's benefit* Comments, ppls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.