main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Glance through the Looking Glass (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, May 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Gimpy! That was just mean! mad.gif

SO POST!!!!!!

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Gimpy! POST! POST!
    I'm literally hanging on to your last sentence and my arm is getting tired!

SO POST ALL READY!!!!!

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I know you didn't kill Obi-Wan off just yet, otherwise who said "Master" in that small, frightened voice?

I loved the part about Xanatos' "reptilian" eyes. I always thought he was human, but that gives him a decidedly evil serpently tinge!

But I suspect that Obi-Wan is very close to death here, anyway, so get in there and rescue him for us!

4. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Your Royal Gimpyness!
    I AM still reading (albeit I'm a little behind). A strange phenomenon known as Real Life has conspired against me and made it very hard for me to be doing what's REALLY important!
    This is a *great* story!

5. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *stops evilly Mwuhahahahahing long enough to post* Wow! That sure kicked a few readers up!! OldSkippy, that'd be kinda hard. Right now I'm already haunted by the evil-free-time-sucking-finals-monster!!! *LOL* everyone, your replies cracked me up! Here ya go!

Oh, keep in mind....When I say "Time resumed" or "Time froze" in this post, I am talking about QG's real time, which is still messed up. You're gonna love what happens to Xanny!!
    ======================
    ======================

Qui-Gon?s eyes widened as a felt a familiar shake. Xanatos stared in surprise and confusion as the cavern around them shook and shuddered under their feet. The vortex was minutes away from collapsing, and Qui-Gon could see both dimensions overlaid on each other in almost full color. In front of him, with his back to him, stood the other Xanatos, his lightsaber lifted above his head, frozen in midstride. A few feet away, facing Qui-Gon stood the sorcerer Xanatos, the blue energy on his arm a millisecond from being released. And past him, lying on the ground, were two Obi-Wans, one frozen slightly in the air as if held on an invisible person?s lap.

Time resumed.

Xanatos stumbled forward, his eyes going wide as he saw himself. He was unable to stop the momentum of his blade as it came crashing down into the other Xanatos, whose sizzling energy shot forward to wrap and twist around the saber-holding Xanatos. Qui-Gon could only watch as his former Padawan proceeded to kill himself.

Time froze.

Once again Qui-Gon?s real dimension was stopped, paused. The question was: how long would it last? Qui-Gon ran forward, using the Force to balance himself as the floor heaved beneath him. He scooped up his lightsaber and the pack of medical supplies and then dropped to his knees beside Obi-Wan.

The thirteen year old?s eyes slowly fluttered open. He coughed and moaned. ?Did we do it?? Obi-Wan asked hoarsely, trembling all over.

Qui-Gon blinked back tears. ?Obi-Wan...? he started pulling supplies out of the bag, reaching out with the Force and knowing that it was too late. Obi-Wan?s body was too far gone. ?Obi-Wan, I?m sorry. I shouldn?t have- you shouldn?t have- it?s not fair!?

Obi-Wan smiled at him shakily, his face chalk white. ?I chose this, Qui-Gon. I knew it would only be a one way trip for me.? He drew in a deep breath, gurgling and coughing up blood. ?Thank you...for letting me have my Master back.?

Qui-Gon let the hot tears fall down his cheeks, mopping the blood away with his sleeve. ?It was my pleasure, Obi-Wan. I love you.?

Obi-Wan nodded, his eyes slowly drifting. ?It?s so beautiful?? he whispered. ?The Force...the life... everywhere. So pretty...? Qui-Gon wondered what beautiful lights and colors of life Obi-Wan was seeing right now. The teenager?s eyes began to turn glassy and dull as they turned to look past Qui-Gon?s shoulder. Obi-Wan smiled faintly at something Qui-Gon could never see. ?Master...you?re waiting...?

Qui-Gon slowly reached out to close the staring eyes, his heart ripped in half. There was no time to grieve. Qui-Gon turned to his Obi-Wan, who was fully lying on the ground, having fallen when time had briefly resumed. The Jedi Master frantically pulled bacta bandages out of his pack, wiping away the tears that obscured his vision.

He reached out through the Force and found that Xanatos?s lightsaber had passed through Obi-Wan?s left lung, just a few inches from his heart. Not enough time...

The cavern gave one last moaning shudder, rocks crashing down from the ceiling around them. The world flickered between real and transparent, the sorcerer Xanatos and Obi-Wan?s bodies slowly fading.

The vortex collapsed.

The cavern was suddenly silent around him. Xanatos?s body lay beside his deactivated saber, the only sound or movement in the room that of his Padawan trembling, trying to draw in enough oxygen with his rattling breaths. ?Master...?

?Shhh, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon ripped the tunic away from the wound and padded it with the bacta-soaked bandages, using the Force to start th

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I know Obi-Wan isn't dead....yet.
    But what it force's name is going to happen????

7. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!! I can't see the post!!!! mad.gif

8. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!! I can't see the new posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    I hath found outeth your secreteth long beforeth I said anything. You are naughty I don't care! POST MORE SOON!

p.s. (look at my creativity shine ) You're AWESOMELY AWESOME!(like that?)

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    She killed him....I can't believe she killed him......thats so sad...

WAAAAAAAAAA

Well your not going to kill the other Obi at least.

11. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    That was perfect!

I loved the Xanatos suicide, and I'm pleased that young Obi-Wan is happily with his Master - he can probably do a lot of good as a Force ghost, and don't tell me he wouldn't be a Force ghost - that boy was determined Sort of sorry for our Qui-Gon though.

Now we just need our Obi okay again, and then we can get around to reading the seven other stories...you weren't planning on doing anything else in the next few months were you? You know, like RL?

12. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    So sad! So SAD!

More!

13. Buffynick6

Buffynick6 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2000
    It was a pretty cool post cool.gif but it also was a sad one. MORE MORE MORE!!!!@!@!#$

Man your the one getting me through the Finals Virus so keep going!!!#@!#$!!! lol

cool.gif Padawan Buffynick6 cool.gif

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Wahoo, Ejedir's back!! Heheh, yeah I just love it!! AWESOMELY awesome!! Very neat! OldSkippy - *ROTFLMHO* Yeah, Obi's determined! I'm glad you liked Xanny's suicide!! Obi's death was sad, but at the same time I felt it was just what had to happen. He escaped from the life he was hating, did it after helping his "Master", and was returned to his Master in the end. Buffynick6 I'm glad this strange creation of my creative juices is helping get you through that *shudders* awful time!

Glad yousa likes it!!
    =======================
    =======================

On the ledge outside the cave?s entrance Qui-Gon gently set Obi-Wan down and pulled out his comlink. Qui-Gon flipped the switch and hoped that the pilot of their transport was in the cockpit. ?Captain Orbli, are you there??

There was the hiss of static and then a deep voice responded. ?Master Jinn??

?Yes. I need you to fly over to a cave on the large cliff due east of you. My Padawan has been severely injured and will need medical attention quickly.? Qui-Gon went on to give him precise directions to the narrow ledge.

?Right away, sir. I?m requesting permission to depart now. ETA is five minutes.?

?All right. Qui-Gon out.? Qui-Gon turned his attention to Obi-Wan. The teenager?s breathing was irregular; he was taking in small gasps of air between lips that were tinged with blue.

Qui-Gon sat beside him and made sure that the bandage on his chest was firmly secured. He reached out through the Force again and concentrated on healing the damaged lung. Under his scrutiny, ruptured tissues slowly turned a healthy pink and grew together.

The Jedi Master heard the whine of a ship?s engine and opened his eyes to see their transport flying towards them. Qui-Gon quickly stood and gently scooped Obi-Wan into his arms, holding him like a baby. The transport hovered about two feet from the ledge, which was too narrow to land on. The ship?s burners kicked up loose dust and pebbles and sent Qui-Gon?s hair whipping around his face.

The pilot lowered the boarding ramp and edged the ship as close as he could. Even carrying obi-Wan, the jump was easy with the help of the Force. He gently set the teenager on the ship?s sole medical bed and called up to the cockpit, ?Captain! Take us directly to the infirmary in town.?

?Turning around now,? the pilot affirmed.

During the short flight back Qui-Gon proceeded to put Obi-Wan into a healing trance, where his body would proceed to heal itself quickly and strongly. Even after Obi-Wan had relaxed and was breathing more deeply and regularly, Qui-Gon kept at it. He laid his hand against the wound and grasped the threads of the Force, once more working to seal tissues over the hole.

After having lost the other Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon would not rest until he was sure his Padawan would be okay. A few minutes later the captain called back, ?I?m hovering about two feet above the street.?

?Thank you, Captain Orbli. I will contact you when I know more.? Qui-Gon once more gathered Obi-Wan up in his arms and hurried down to the descending boarding ramp. He jumped lightly to the street, thankful that Tetras was extremely small and not very heavily traveled. Even with this the case, several pedestrians turned to stare in surprise as a ship hovered beside the infirmary and an older man carrying a young boy jumped out and ran into the building.

Inside everything was a busy swirl of action. Doctors asked what happened, and Qui-Gon told them that the teenager?s left lung had been punctured. They immediately wheeled him into surgery, where the Jedi Master?s quick work would be reinforced with stitches.

Qui-Gon paced in the stark white waiting room outside. He wanted to be inside, with Obi-Wan. With his Padawan. Qui-Gon knew that Obi-Wan was very healthy and that people could often survive with only one functional lung for short time but that did not keep him from worrying. After seeing Xanatos and Obi-Wan die, he was very much aware of how fast circumstances could change and opportunities could be lost. He

15. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    Sniff, sniff this is so touching.

KimB

16. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    That was one of the most beautiul death scenes I have ever read My tissue box got a workout keeping up with my tears. I am glad 13 year old Obi is at peace with his Master in the force

Loved the way Xani killed himself, funny in a weird sorta way

Now on with the healing of 16 year old Obi and mush galore

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Xanatos killed by himself? Now that's what I call hoisted by his own petard! Excellent solution. It was sad and yet best that young Obi-Wan had to die. I liked the way he saw his own master there waiting for him. Even knowing that his young friend was in good hands, Qui-Gon cried for him anyway. Beautiful! Will this Qui-Gon ever tell older Obi-Wan about his alternate dimension counterpart? All right, all right, let's wait for him to wake up first. He'll be fine, I know. Won't he?

18. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Please let older Obi be okay!!!!!

I love how you had young Obi see his Qui-Gon waiting on him. It brought a tear to my eye!

More please!

19. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed the way Xanatos died!! And I am very relieved that you understand and even applaud Obi's death and the way it happened with the whole Master thingy. (I was worried that I'd be mobbed or attacked when I posted it!) I'll post some more tomorrow, and in the next few days I'm going to get two of my new stories up, hopefully!!

20. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    That was really moving and everything but the sentence about Obi-wan being sealed back up just cracked me up -- I know it's right but he just sounds like a box. Sorry.

I'm glad Qui-Gon relaxed and let go of his tension and grief, all that releasing emotions into the Force and then soldiering on regardless is a bit dodgy IMO; if you don't feel things you can't relate to other people, and that's one thing Qui-Gon does well - relate.

21. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    The last two posts were simply awesome Master Gimpy.

Obi's death was sad and beautifully played out with a tragic happy ending. I applaud your skill immensely.

22. Jedi Knight Mako

Jedi Knight Mako Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    That was beautiful, master gimpy! The way 13 year old Obi died, and found his own Master waiting for him. But now what's going to happen to those kids from the Jedi Temple? How are they going to take care of themselves, if their leader is dead?

Great story. Keep it up!

23. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Oh, that's so saaaaad! *wails* You KILLED little Obi! *sniffle* where's my Kleenex?

24. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    The other Obi was so nice, are you going to write anything more on children on Coruscant?

Sniff<still crying>

Kim B

25. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Obi-Wan's going to be okay! YEH!

Great story keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.