main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Glimmer Past Twilight - H/L, L/M (AU) - Updated 8/05/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    There is always anotehr twist around the corner. I like it. So I'm sure that Lord Vader sees a lot more in Mara than in Luke's past conquests. I wonder what he will ask of her... And now its back to the Han and Leia fallout. I can't wait for the next post!

2. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Oooh so evil!!! Lady, that was just awesome!! The plot thickens so much its beginning to remind me of chocolate pudding!!! :D Han sure didn't take the news well....but wow, how emotional for both of them!!! And Mara...yikes!! What's going to happen to her?! What does Vader want?!

:_|

That was awesomely awesome!!! Can't wait for more!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

3. Alkibiades

Alkibiades Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2007
    I enjoy this, LadyPadme. Interesting 'verse.

Vader in for some father-daughter time? [face_laugh]

Or trying to use her influence on Skywalker, just to make sure she turns him to the Light Side?

Keep up the good work! And if you keep a PM list, please add me.

Yours, Alkibiades

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    So Sith Training 101 is about to begin, in two weeks, according to your schedule. Add in a visit to the boyfriend's daddy, and this will be a very interesting post coming up.

And I doubt she fooled Luke about what she was doing at the china cabinet. Please tell me he's smarter than that.

Great post!

5. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    [face_laugh] Only our generation.... although they do have "classic TV" on cable, so maybe some younger folks are exposed, too.

Hmm... I wonder what Vader wants with Mara?

And now, back to Han, Leia, and Jacen....

6. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    [face_laugh]

No, and I love Mr. Bill, anyway to the post. *reads post* OH NO :eek: Vader comes into the picture this can't be good.
    Great update!=D==D= =D=

[face_peace]
    -JediNat-

7. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Sneaky Mara. I love it. Though I'm still trying to piece together just what Luke is up to. And just why he took hearing Vader's name so personally.

A summons from Darth Daddy himself...[face_thinking]

What is he up to? Or, more accurately, what are you up to? This may clear up a thing or two. Though I'd bet it will muddy things up plenty too.

Another fine post and I can't wait for more.

8. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    interesting. Great post...I hope Mara knows what she's doing...

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I just wanted to let you know that I'm still keeping up with this story and that it's awesome!!! :D

I've been in lurker mode for a while, but I just wanted to drop in and say that it just keeps gettng better and better. :D

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Don't think i replied to the last post yet....Vader still gives me the creeps.

Well done with Mara trying to break into Luke's vault, and I love the discussion of his decoration and artwork...Nicely done.

11. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Golden_Jedi: Aaaand...*Enter Vader*

* grins * Hayden's performance aside, I did always have a soft spot for the respiratorily-challenged one ;)

Blue_Milkshake: So, only her body has succumbed to this relationship? I'm thinking Mara's heart is trying to move in too.

- Being Mara, she'd never admit that even at blaster point ;)

A summons from Lord Vader! Seems Daddins wants to meet the new flame.

- Actually, Vader knows Mara quite well, at least in my personal canon :)

PonyTricks: Vader?! VADER??!! *Mr. Bill's voice* OOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!! (has vision of Mr. Hand smooshing Mr. Bill into a shapeless blob) ----- Is my age showing in this comment?

- Sorry, I have to say I have no idea who Mr. Bill or Mr. Hand are. :confused:

StarFighter5: And now its back to the Han and Leia fallout.

- What makes you think that there would be any fallout? O:)

Irish_Jedi_Jade: The plot thickens so much its beginning to remind me of chocolate pudding!!!

- Wow, I love that metaphor! [face_love]

Alkibiades: Welcome to the story!

Vader in for some father-daughter time?

Or trying to use her influence on Skywalker, just to make sure she turns him to the Light Side?

- Vader's got his work cut out for him. Mara has no interest in turning Skywalker anywhere right now...she's got too much on her plate as it is :)

Jedi-2B: So Sith Training 101 is about to begin, in two weeks, according to your schedule. Add in a visit to the boyfriend's daddy, and this will be a very interesting post coming up.

And I doubt she fooled Luke about what she was doing at the china cabinet. Please tell me he's smarter than that.

- What makes you think that disk in the china cabinet has anything more than a collection of Ewok folk songs that Luke likes to listen to after an afternoon of slaughtering innocents?

dm1: Hmm... I wonder what Vader wants with Mara?

- Vader may be very ill, but he's not dead, yet...

JediNat: Why is it bad to have Vader in the picture? :p

Jedi_BMK: A summons from Darth Daddy himself...

What is he up to? Or, more accurately, what are you up to? This may clear up a thing or two. Though I'd bet it will muddy things up plenty too.

- Me? What makes you think I'm up to anything? O:)

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: Sadly for Mara, she thinks she knows what she's doing, but she has no idea what she's gotten herself into...

Jaina_and_Jag: * waves * Thanks for coming out of lurker mode to post. Glad to see you again!

jade51999: Don't worry, Vader's not creepy. Poor thing, he's very, very ill...

More to come right away!

12. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

A/N: Just a note that this is the last prepared post that I have. I'm working on the next one, but I've had a hard slog through the holiday season (Chrismas, New Year's and Chinese New Year) and I'm trying to get my writing back on track. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out more soon. :)

[b]Chapter Twenty-Five[/b]

It was nearly eight standard days before Jacen was well enough to be released from the medical facility. In all that time, Leia had barely eaten, and had slept only when she could no longer keep her eyes open, nodding off in the small armchair placed at Jacen?s bedside.

In those eight days, Leia felt she had aged eight decades. For the first three days, she wasn?t even sure that Jacen would survive; despite the genetic infusion, Jacen?s condition had initially deteriorated to the point where the medics had moved him to a high risk intensive care unit, had given infusions of powerful drugs with frightening sounding names, and had refused to meet her gaze directly, their eyes sliding away uncomfortably when she challenged them with her questions.

Leia never remembered much of what happened in those next few days, caught as she was in a haze of agony and terror as she sat by her son?s bedside willing him not to die. She saw him in her mind?s eye as he had been in his infancy. As a chubby young toddler, still unsure of his footfalls, laughing as he fell, as he used his strange powers to make his toys fly into the air. She saw him as an older boy, with that wise, fathomless look in his eyes that was far older than his physical age. She pictured him as he sat with his tutors, his intelligence shining through as he studied his lessons, saw him as he sat beside the man he thought of as his father, learning statecraft and protocol. Remembered how often she had cradled his head in her arms soothing him after he had awakened from that same, hideous nightmare that had haunted his childhood.

She stroked his sweat-matted hair as he moaned, still unconscious, and could not picture a future without him, knew that she would die if he did.

When the medical team came to assess his condition, to change tubes or run tests, Leia moved behind the transparisteel barrier, watching and willing everything to be well, ten thousand questions dancing on the tip of her tongue all of which begged for the same answer that Jacen would recover.

Sometimes she would look up from this endless vigil and see Han on the other side of the bed or on the other side of the transparisteel barrier. From somewhere on the fringes of her consciousness, she was aware that he, too, was keeping watch over Jacen. He seemed more tousle-haired and unkempt and thinner every time she saw him. But the eyes that sometimes turned to her would swiftly change; concern for their son turning to anger at her. Leia understood clearly how cheated Han felt. If Jacen?but Leia shied away from that thought, just recognized that Han was blaming her for robbing him of their son. At another time, this knowledge would have been pure agony for her, but now, she felt it only as a dull ache, a secondary pain to the monster of fear and panic that she felt constantly in her heart as she waited by her son?s bedside.

[hr]
    Han wasn?t there when the medics told her the news that Jacen would recover. She herself had fallen into a restless doze, too exhausted to keep her eyes open longer, but she awakened immediately when the nurse droid tapped her on the shoulder, and a medic approached.

?We have just received the latest test results,? the medic told her. ?His numbers are improving. We think your son will recover.?

Leia blinked, uncomprehendingly. ?What?? she asked, hearing her voice as if it came out of a distant fog.

?Your son. He?s still unconscious, and I?d advise letting him rest for now, but he is getting better. We?re going to start some bacta treatment on him later this afternoon.?

Leia caught her breath. "Thank you," she said thickly.

?You should get some rest,? the medic suggested. ?You?ll need your strength to help him throug

13. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    :snags first reply to new chapter:

Well done LP!

I'm so glad Han and Leia are on speaking terms! :D I got that nice "happy family" warm and fuzzy feeling at the end of the chapter.

What a great early V-Day gift.

"Heart"

-Your adoring fans will be patiently waiting for the next chapter! Your talented writing is worth the wait.

14. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Could it be? Did i get the first post?

Well done, the panic, the fear and the tension was incredibly palpatible. I also like how you show Han's thought process and how he slowly rationalized out what he really believed based on what he knew about Leia's charachter.

I love your word choices, and I felt Leia's raw emotion.

Great job (as always)

Edit: Not the first post, but the second!

15. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    :D This was lovely.

16. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    aww, I absolutely loved the end of that post. Beautiful update, very good job with the emotions. And I'm relieved that Han came to a sort of understanding. Just hope this "rightness" continues. Great post!!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

17. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Wow! Nice nice nice!! What a lovely update! So happy to see a new postie!!!

:_| No more are written?! What are we going to do?! Hopefully the muse will return and give you lots of inspiration!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

18. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Great work as usual.

Glad to hear Jacen will be fine and that Han and Leia aren't at each other's throats right now. And why do I get the feeling Jacen has already figured out what is going on between them?

Hope you get an opportunity to write more soon.

19. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Awwwwwww... I'm so happy they can have a glimpse of hapiness in spite of the circumstances!:)

I can't help but remember that Leia's still a prisoner of the Alliance, accused of treason no less, and Han was supposed to guard her, not getting, hm, romantic with her. And on top of everything else, she's pregnant with another man's baby. Not to mention Mara's slightly complicated situation too.

I hope your muse gets in overdrive soon! I'll surely be here waiting anxiously.

20. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Han's forgiven Leia! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! And this was such a NICE chapter, that now I am seriously concerned for Han and Leia's fate.... [face_worried]

21. Alkibiades

Alkibiades Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2007
    Great update, Your Majesty.

I'm glad everything between the two of them is OK now. And that Jacen is alright. I still wonder what Vader is going to say to Jade, though.

As the others say, it's worth the wait!

Yours, Alkibiades

22. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Great chapter. The best I've read so far for this story.

Question about Jacen's name. It was never clear in the series where that name first came up. In this story, does it have any meaning to Han? Somehow I thought Leia gave that name in conneciton to Han.

23. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Now if Han can just stay in an understanding mood long enough for Leia to get the whole story out in the open. Hooray for Jacen's recovery!

24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= [face_dancing] =D= [face_dancing]

So we get what two three paragraphs before these two are at each others throats again.;)

Great update!

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I'll second that, a nice happy post from LP usually means things are about to go downhill fast!

That said, it's nice to see Han's thought process and knowledge of Leia's characteristics and personality would lead him to realize that she truly must have thought both Jacen and Han were in danger, plus she did what she had to in order to protect Jacen when she thought Han was dead. He finally realized her point of view based on her knowledge of events and her fear.

It looks like Jacen will support this pairing, too, even if he doesn't completely know (or hasn't been officially told) yet that Han is his biological father. I'm glad he woke up and seems to be completely there.

I hope your muse returns soon on this one; I'd hate to see this story abandoned like "In Name Only"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.