main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Glimmer Past Twilight - H/L, L/M (AU) - Updated 8/05/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    Great post!!!!=D==D= =D= =D= I'm worried to about Han and Leia[face_worried]
    Hope you don't do anything so evil[face_devil]
    [face_peace]
    -JediNat-

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Yes, I'm still reading, but I've gone into lurkdom cause Sith Luke is very scary. [face_worried]

Han and Leia have reconciled, but yes, I think this may mean something evil is about to happen.

3. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?They said he?s going to live,? Leia finally managed to say.
    And then it was as if by right that she was in his arms, her relief and infectious joy matching the bubble of happiness that welled up in his heart. He rested his cheek against her hair and he savored the moment, knowing that it was one of the few times in his life when he felt utter and perfect contentment.

*sigh* And I have a feeling of perfect contentment as well.[face_love]

4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Holy mackerel. Just one extra week away and all the way down on page 8!!! :eek:

Anyway, thanks to my loyal readers. [:D]

I_Heart_Han_Solo: I got that nice "happy family" warm and fuzzy feeling at the end of the chapter.

- Oh no! I must be doing something wrong! You're supposed to feel horror and dread at the end of my chapters!!! :eek:

- :p j/k. Thanks! [:D]

jade51999: Well done, the panic, the fear and the tension was incredibly palpatible. I also like how you show Han's thought process and how he slowly rationalized out what he really believed based on what he knew about Leia's charachter.

I love your word choices, and I felt Leia's raw emotion.

- Thank you! I'm very flattered you liked the way it came out. Thankfully, I've never had to deal with anything like what Leia dealt with, but I imagined how I would feel in such a situation.

Starfighter5: Thank you!

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: Just hope this "rightness" continues.

- You're kidding, right? My characters are not allowed any lasting happiness until the end of the end. And even then I could always consider throwing new torture at them :p

Irish_Jedi_Jade: No more are written?! What are we going to do?! Hopefully the muse will return and give you lots of inspiration!!!

- Thanks. * laughs * My muse is here. She's just very demanding wanting champagne delivered to her dressing room and white orchids for decor and Godiva chocolates, perfumed baths and sexy houseboys to lay out towels before she'll consider working. Getting expensive, you know? ;)

Jedi_BMK: And why do I get the feeling Jacen has already figured out what is going on between them?

* grins * Jacen's a bright boy, just like his parents.

Golden_Jedi: I can't help but remember that Leia's still a prisoner of the Alliance, accused of treason no less, and Han was supposed to guard her, not getting, hm, romantic with her. And on top of everything else, she's pregnant with another man's baby. Not to mention Mara's slightly complicated situation too.

- I see you know me well :p. Yes, Leia's still got music to face, so to speak, although in reality, Han's a law unto himself on the base. Still, they've got plenty of landmines to sidestep. Makes it all the more fun for me! :)

PonyTricks: O:) What's there to be concerned about?

Alkibiades: Vader will have his say in the next chapter...

calgary: I knew that Jaina was the name of Han's mother, but I never knew what significance Jacen had. I just picked it because it was easier to go that route instead of having to invent a whole new name for a child.

Jedi-2B: Now if Han can just stay in an understanding mood long enough for Leia to get the whole story out in the open. Hooray for Jacen's recovery!

- It may be the least of their worries.... ;)

ccp: So we get what two three paragraphs before these two are at each others throats again.

* giggles insanely *

dm1: That said, it's nice to see Han's thought process and knowledge of Leia's characteristics and personality would lead him to realize that she truly must have thought both Jacen and Han were in danger, plus she did what she had to in order to protect Jacen when she thought Han was dead. He finally realized her point of view based on her knowledge of events and her fear.

It looks like Jacen will support this pairing, too, even if he doesn't completely know (or hasn't been officially told) yet that Han is his biological father. I'm glad he woke up and seems to be completely there.

- Han wanted to forgive Leia long ago, but his pride got in the way. As for Jacen, he's happy to have his mother with Han but he would be appalled to discover that Han was his father. After all, this is a child who's lost the only world he's ever known. To find out the man he knew was his father was not his father is just one less piece of stability for him. It might not take much to make him fi

5. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    A/N: Although I have the next post up, it might be a while before I write more. I'm trying to work on it, but it's coming slowly. DRL is killing me. Please bear with me, and thanks for reading.

Chapter Twenty-Six

It had been years since Mara had seen Vader. As she followed the palace lackey through the corridors toward Vader?s suite, she tried to remember the last time she had spoken to him. It must have been at least three or four years ago.

The circumstances had been acrimonious to say the least. ?Callow and ungrateful idiot,? Vader had said, hurling the insult at her even as he had Force-choked her, sending her flying across the room.

Mara clenched her fists at the memory. Even now, so many years later, the argument had the power to infuriate her, as it had been one of the few times in her life she had lost a fight. She tried to remember what the argument had been about but couldn?t. She stopped short in the hallway, astonished that she could forget something that important, and then tried to think what had started the final most bitter argument between two people who had once been on very good terms with each other.

Palpatine.

The name seemed to have come from nowhere, but it made perfect sense. Palpatine had been the real reason behind the argument. It didn?t matter what trivial disagreement he had precipitated to drive a wedge between the two of them, Mara understood now with the clarity of hindsight that Palpatine had deliberately destroyed her relationship with Vader, using Vader?s explosive temper and her own pride and vanity to tear them apart.

?Miss Jade? Are you all right?? the lackey asked, alarmed, as he seemed to have realized that Mara was no longer following him. He hurried back down the corridor toward hers, his footsteps echoing loudly on the polished marble floors of the cavernous hallway.

?It?s nothing,? Mara said, as she began to march forward. She didn?t even bother to look at the anxious courtier as she continued to examine the issue of her relationship with Vader. They?d once been close; Vader was one of the only people in Mara?s young life who seemed to see her as a person, rather than an assignment. That was how almost everyone else saw her: a child to teach, a nuisance to be rid of, a Hand to send for a kill.

Mara?s thoughts stopped short. She was looking at Palpatine with new eyes, and she knew that once upon a time she had deeply respected and admired the galactic despot, had believed in everything he said, had believed that he stood for order and righteousness.

So?if everything she had believed about Palpatine was wrong, could she also have been wrong about Vader?

Mara?s thoughts shied away from that notion. It had been hard enough to accept that she had been wrong about Palpatine. To question herself on anything else without proof was only the road to madness.

Pushing the disquieting thoughts away, she settled instead on wondering why Vader should have sent for her. She had heard the rumors that Vader was dying, but she found it hard to believe; Vader had always seemed eternal and indestructible to her.

Several minutes later, they reached the door to Vader?s suite. Two Red Guards stood outside the door, masked and impassive. The lackey bowed and Mara nodded her head absently toward him as she entered Vader?s suite, heading through the colorless antechamber toward the doors that lead to his sleeping chamber.

The doors slid open silently, and Mara entered, stopping just as she stepped into the room, and stared at the massive, black hulk reposing on what must pass for Vader?s bed.

Outwardly, he appeared the same. Still the black mask, the black suit with its plethora of inbuilt life-saving equipment. It didn?t even seem as though he had lost much weight. But somehow, Mara knew that this was truly a dying man.

She crossed the room to stand by Vader?s bedside, not sure if he was awake or asleep. The lackey approached with her and coughed lightly before saying, ?My lord??

The facemask turned toward her. Mara suppressed a sh

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Mine! :eek: (A la LP and Bri arguing over Harrison Ford :p )

Edit: Still got it. :p Ah'll be back. :cool:

Edit again: Ah, Vader and Mara. Always lots of potential there. :D And seriously, Jieh, with everything else Mara is dealing with, you just had to throw in the holocams, didn't you? :p So, where do we go from here? I'm intrigued. [face_thinking] We must chat. [face_batting] :p

7. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    So Vader wants Mara to save Luke. And it would seem he sees the error of his ways. Vader (or is it more Anakin by now? [face_thinking]) seems almost pitiful. Too bad Mara seems intent on being her stubborn self.

Remembering the disc that she had found in Skywalker?s suite that morning, she decided to visit a slicer who owed her a favor.

I get this odd feeling that this slicer could be someone familiar. Though I have been known to be wrong. From time to time.

Excellent work as always. Hope DRL lets up and you can continue this soon.

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Highly enlightening conversation between two important people in Luke's life. Too bad Vader is dying. He could have a new career as a matchmaker/redeemer.

Great chapter!

9. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Huh... [face_thinking] so Vader has seen the Light, now that it's too late. Too bad he didn't say these things to his son, before Luke turned into a Sith.

10. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?What?s your point?? Mara asked, trying to cover her discomfort.
    ?You?ve?become?im?.portant?to him.?
    ?Should I start picking out my trousseau??
    ?You?could...save him.?

:eek:*crosses fingers and hopes for the best*

Loved Mara's snarky answer about the trousseau.

Could you please PM me when you update?[face_praying]

11. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Awesome!! hmm...many possibilities here...

I'll settle to say that the interchange was very interesting...and I hope Mara listens to Vader. Great post!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I just loved the interaction between Mara and Vader. And I LOVE that Vader is trying to be a Dad (of sorts).

Definitely interested in reading more. :D

13. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Wow, that was amazing!!!! LP, you're amazing!!!! Such a sweet thing to have Vader want to look out for Luke...I can totally see that. But luke needs another snuggle session with mara...i think that's the only time he's really the Luke we know and love. ;)

Can't wait to see what happens next!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I figured it might be some kind of Daddy thing. Too bad it took so long for Vader to finally see the light.

I liked Mara's answer to Vader about picking out her trousseau, pure Mara!

Next back to Han, Leia and Jacen, whenever you can get to it...

15. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    So DarthDaddy is getting some deathbed regrets... I understand that Mara can't believe him!

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nice conversation with Vader. I like Mara's incredulity at the conversation but how she sort of stores it away for later contemplation--also i wonder what's on the disc..is Luke secretly spying for the rebellion?

17. JediNat

Jan 12, 2008
    Amazing post!!=D==D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
    I love it that Vader wants Mara to help Luke turn back to the light:)
    [face_peace]
    -JediNat-

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Ooh, an interesting theory...

19. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
  20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm so sorry for the delay. Right now I'm in the clutches of the most Sithly DRL ever, and I'm sitting shiva for my muse.

I know where the next segment is going to go, but I'm going to postpone writing it until the new muse is reborn from the ashes.

Still...it'll be H/L next...

Bear with me, and thanks, guys.

21. JediNat

Jan 12, 2008
    I'm bearing(I THINK anyway) :D
    [face_peace]
    -JediNat-

22. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    We're with you!!!! Hope DRL slows down and and a lovely new muse comes traipsing in who has less expensive taste!!!

Huggles to you!! [:D]

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    That's a sad state of affairs, still, I hope the Phoenix (your new muse)rises soon. We'll be waiting, but please don't let this one die...

24. RavynNightstorm

RavynNightstorm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2008
    Wow! I typically don't read AU stories, but for some reason this one has grabbed hold! You are great with setting the scene and making it easy to visualize what is going on. Also, the characterizations are awesome. Nice job! Can't wait to catch up and read the rest.

So many questions/speculations running through my noggin! [face_thinking]

25. RavynNightstorm

RavynNightstorm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2008
    Ok, this story is SO addicting! I have to admit that I was up until 2:30 last night reading the rest of the story!! [face_hypnotized]

Hope to see more soon! [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.