main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Glimmer Past Twilight - H/L, L/M (AU) - Updated 8/05/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
  2. RavynNightstorm

RavynNightstorm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2008
    Read like the wind 'capable beta'! READ!! haha ok sorry I couldn't resist :D

Yay!
    Yay!
    Yay!
    Yay! [face_dancing]

Ok now that it's out of my system, I'm SO stoked to get to read more of Twilight.

3. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    YAY!!!

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Sorry I like to celebrate! [face_blush]

[face_peace]
    -JediNat-

4. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    Yippee!!! Go Beta, go beta, go beta...

5. TizTiz

TizTiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    Yay!:D If you have a PM list please can you PM me when you update.

6. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    Oh oh can I have PMs too, please?

This is so great, can't wait to see where it goes!

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Before I post these comments, I wanted to say thanks to my loyal readers who have stuck around so long. I don't have a ton of stuff done, but a few chapters have been written, and I'll post them over the next few weeks. Thank you for all your kind comments when my computer crashed. And thank you to my wonderful beta, Gabri_Jade, who always does such a wonderful and thorough job.

Gabri_Jade: Ah, Vader and Mara. Always lots of potential there. And seriously, Jieh, with everything else Mara is dealing with, you just had to throw in the holocams, didn't you? So, where do we go from here? I'm intrigued. We must chat.

- I'm always happy to chat. Although you know where this story goes before anyone else does :p

Jedi_BMK: I get this odd feeling that this slicer could be someone familiar. Though I have been known to be wrong. From time to time.

- Well, in my personal canon, this slicer would be Kyle T'Bale, a character of mine from my previous trilogy, but just because it's a convenient name for me to use. :)

Jedi-2B: Vader as a matchmaker? [face_laugh]

PonyTricks: so Vader has seen the Light, now that it's too late. Too bad he didn't say these things to his son, before Luke turned into a Sith.

- Such is life. Or at least, such is life in one of my stories ;)

Blue-Milkshake: Mara's always snarky. That's why I love her ;)

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: Thanks for reading. Glad you liked that Mara/Vader bit.

Jaina_and_Jag: Daddy Vader is always interesting to me, although after IHarthDarth, I can never see him as a hulking menace anymore.

Irish_Jedi_Jade: But luke needs another snuggle session with mara...

- I don't know if I'd call what he does with Mara as snuggle sessions :eek:

dm1: Next back to Han, Leia and Jacen, whenever you can get to it...

- Sorry, just the way the story turned out, the next post is actually L/M...but then it's H/L after that.

Golden_Jedi: Sadly, it is somewhat too late for DarthDaddy to be trying to be a father...but at least he gave it a shot.

jade51999: also i wonder what's on the disc..is Luke secretly spying for the rebellion?
    - Sadly, it's nothing as nice as that. :(

JediNat: Thanks for reading!

I_Heart_Han_Solo: Thanks for the bump :)

RavynNightstorm: Thank you for reading! I'm so flattered that you like it so far :)

recklessabandon: Thanks for reading. It's great to see you again!

YmaSolo: Welcome to the story and thanks for reading.

(Thanks for reading In Name Only, too, although my muse is being most uncooperative about that one)

maramijade: Wow, it's great to see you again! In answer to your question, Leia and Jacen were only on Murion for a few weeks.

AvenKiel: * waves * Great to see you. Thanks for reading (and for waiting!)

LASOS: Welcome to the story and thanks for reading.

The-Solo-Smirk: Welcome to the story. I'm flattered you like my portrayals of Luke and Han :)

TizTiz: Welcome to the story and thanks for reading. I'm flattered you like Jacen :)

JediFarfy: Welcome to the story!

8. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Sorry to the H/Lers, but the next postie is L/M. It just has to do with how this story has to be paced out...

And thank you so much to my kind readers who nominated this story! You're simply the best! [:D]

Chapter Twenty-Seven

It had taken three days to decode the disc, but finally, Mara had a trilobyte of data; preliminary analysis of the data revealed that the Empire had plans to relocate, decimate or infilitrate the population of several star systems located in key positions around the galaxy. They would then build up key military bases in those areas that could well threaten some of the largest and most affluent systems in the Core, the Hydian Way, and the Corporate Sector, even in the Corellian Trade Spine. It seemed that Skywalker was coordinating these plans; some of the data streams showed half-completed files and others showed changed drafts of proposed data.

After initial confirmation and analysis tests showed the data to be authentic, Mara sent the data stream to a predesignated receiver site monitored by Shoru Klee who would retrieve and analyze the data that Mara sent. The information on this disc was, by far, the largest and most high-level that she had been able to access since her return to Coruscant, and Mara felt a rare surge of satisfaction when she completed the transaction.

The slicer, a pale, reedy man named Kyle T?Bale, handed Mara the original disc, and she stowed it into her compact, ready to return the disc to Skywalker?s suite.

Her comm. unit beeped as Mara entered the corridor outside the slicer?s lab, and Mara frowned, hitting the comm. ?What is it??

?Get to my suite. Now.?

Mara felt a sudden chill. Skywalker had said he?d be away for a week. How was it possible that he was back already? Moreover, the tone of his voice didn?t bode well for his state of mind. She had never heard such an unhinged curtness in his voice.

While she spent most of her time in Skywalker's suite, she still retained her own rooms; it was the work of a moment to secret the disk in a double hidden panel in one of the sidewalls

Less than five minutes later, she had arrived at Skywalker?s suite. Her normal habit had been to enter as soon as she arrived. She had the entry code, and Skywalker had told her not to bother chiming. But this time, she froze at the door, an unaccustomed fear gripping her. It took several heartbeats before Mara realized that she was not afraid for herself; rather, she was afraid for Skywalker. Even separated from him by the door, Mara could feel a surge of pain, anger, fear?empty darkness that seemed to drag her soul down into a place she did not want to go.

Even as she wrestled with her thoughts, the door slid open. Skywalker loomed before her, seeming larger than life.

?What are you waiting for?? he hissed. ?A royal invitation? Get inside! Where were you??

?What in the name of?? Mara?s startled words were cut short as he grasped her arm and yanked her inside the suite. His eyes, normally blue, sometimes steel gray, were now almost red, and Mara recoiled from the glowing crimson she saw in his irises. ?No,? she breathed, feeling that her limbs were turning to water.

The kiss Skywalker gave her was brief, harsh, impersonal, and likely the most unnerving contact she?d ever had with another sentient being. Through his kiss, louder than if he had shouted it, with more clarity than a precision-beam holorecording, Mara was able to ?see? exactly what Skywalker had been doing in the days that he had been away from her. It was as though he had taken her into his arms as a way to cleanse himself, an anodyne to his pain and anger, as though she was some sort of purification conduit for his soul. But even the physical contact was not nearly as troubling nor as painful as knowing the savagery he had committed, of reliving and feeling through him the anguish and the terror and the malignity that he had sown on his mission.

?Stop!? Mara burst out, as she broke out of his embrace.

For a moment she thought that Skywalker was going to strike her. Th

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    A post!!! :D

*runs off to read*

EDIT: Awesomeness!! :D So Vader's in a coma? :( Luke all out of control was scary!! But maybe that's what he needs, Mara to break down all his barriers.

Definitely worth the wait. :D

10. RavynNightstorm

RavynNightstorm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2008
    Definitely worth the wait!

Vader in a coma and Luke feeling like his world is crashing? -- not what it was made out to be? But I think the only person to bring him out of it would definitely be Mara -- who I guess is now seeing her Force potential too? Awesome update!

11. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    Hooray! A post! [face_dancing] And a great one at that! Luke is very out-of-control, :( getting him out of it isn't gonna be easy.

[face_peace]
    -JediNat-

12. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Luke is definitely scary when he looses control... [face_worried] Nice to see this story updated again! [face_dancing]

13. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Yay for update! I wonder how Mara will see her way out of this situation with Luke wanting to know who she really is... Looking forward to the next L/H post!

14. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    oh wow....what a wonderful update! That was amazing. so, has Mara discovered her Force sensitivity? And has she finally found a way to reach Luke. I sure hope so! great post! and well worth the wait.

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

15. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    Woah, Luke is terrifying when he's out of control like that. I hope Mara helps him come around soon!

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Luke's outburst was very scary, and Mara now has Imperial plans to transmit. Will she do it?

Next we go to Han and Leia, right? More trouble for them, I bet. For every moment of peace and understanding you give them, there's ten times the difficulties!

Oh, glad to see you're back, LP!

17. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Luke is scary beyond words. Poor Mara. [face_worried] I think he's acting more Sithly than Vader, even. [face_skull]

18. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    OOOO scary Luke! I'm not normally a L/M fan but this story has me sucked in to both H/L and L/M as couples.

Goody goody goody...

19. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Ooohhh my goodness! That was amazing!!!! Beyond amazing...Lady, you have me on pins and needles! Scary Luke was...for lack of better term...scary! But still, I'm thinking hard as to what could be going on with her sudden sleepyness....

So glad it's back!!!

[face_good_luck] Irish

20. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    WOW! A new post! [face_dancing]

I really like this Luke/Mara/Vader triangle and the twist of the original "I know there is good in him"-theme.
    Mara is awesome in her own right...but she and Luke complement each other perfectly.

21. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Oh my gosh..a new post! Fantastic! I'm glad that things are better again LP!

You do angst so well, and Luke in this vein is so tortured so torn that it seemed to jump right off the page. I also like Luke's point of view (And it was nice to see a T'Bale again :)).

22. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Found this in the Awards excerpts. Great stuff! =D= I can't wait to see where you take it.

If you have a PM list, I would love to be on it.

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I also found this in the excerpts for the Awards. This is a great story. Loved the emotions, the way the characters have grown but maintained their own identities.

Please put me on your PM list.

24. TizTiz

TizTiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    [face_worried]. Woah Luke's scary when he gets mad. I suppose it's a sort of good thing that he got so mad and upset because his father is in a coma. At least it shows he still has feelings.
    Looking forward to the next post when you get it up :D.

25. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    H/Lers are extraordinarily patient users - aren't they, Lady Padme?

[face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.