main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Glimmer Past Twilight - H/L, L/M (AU) - Updated 8/05/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    Who says we are patient??? [face_thinking]

I'm not patient just buried with DRL too much to beg, plead, and cajole...[face_praying]

2. TizTiz

TizTiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    Sooooooooooooooo......
    When's the H/L post going to be posted? [face_batting]

3. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Oh, man was that good!!!!!

I have enjoyed this story so very much, though I apologize for only checking in sporatically...spuraticalyl...every now and then.

I loved loved loved Luke temper tantrum, and loved that Mara seemed on the verge of reaching him and breaking past the Sithly exterior into the righteous man we wish he'd remained in profic.

I also was fascinated by her 'exhaustion' and wondering if it had something to do with the 'Force'. Did she instinctively put aForce bubble around herself to repel the shrapnel? And where did Luke run off to? To confront Palpatine? Or to sit vigil by daddy's side? Will Mara figure out where he's gone and go find him, or will she be awakened by the sensation that she's being watched...or will she be awakened by the sensation that she is in heaps o'trouble because Luke realizes she's stolen his top secret data.

I will wait patiently and with bated breathe for an update.

Thank you for making a Mara I can read.

Preggers

4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Jaina_and_Jag: Luke all out of control was scary!! But maybe that's what he needs, Mara to break down all his barriers.

- Ahh...but the question is who will break down who's barriers? ;)

RavynNightstorm: Everone seems so optimistic. How do you know Mara will bring Luke out of the Dark Side? He might very well draw her in.

JediNat: I kinda like Luke out of control. He seems more fun to me ;)

Golden_Jedi: Thanks. I'm glad I've got a bit more of updates.

Starfighter5: Mara will always muddle through ;)

Jedimaster_Jainasolo: Mara's not sure if she's discovered her Force sensitivity. She can use it but she can't really channel it.

LASOS: Thanks! I tried hard to make Luke as scary as I could.

dm1: Yes, yes. Back to L/M next time.

PonyTricks: * grins * I like the idea of Luke being scarier than Palpy.

YmaSolo: Why, thank you! I'm so glad you like my L/M.

Irish_Jedi_Jade: No, no, Mara isn't preggers. The sudden sleepiness is more from excessive ues of the Force.

The_Solo_Smirk: Thanks for reading!

jade51999: You do angst so well, and Luke in this vein is so tortured so torn that it seemed to jump right off the page.

[face_blush] Why, thank you!

aurrasingrules101: Well, thank you for reading! Welcome to the story!

dianethx: Welcome to the story! Thanks for reading, too.

TizTiz: EXACTLY! Luke is upset because he is feeling emotions he'd much rather not have at all.

Next post right away!

5. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Finally, my long suffering H/L readers...

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Two weeks after the doctors first told Leia her son would recover, Jacen was finally discharged form the medical center.

?Where do we go from here?? Leia asked when the three of them were back on the Millennium Falcon, and Han was starting up the engines.

?Pserisai,? Han said. ?I should have been there nearly a month ago. The last two days I?ve been having trouble raising transmissions from them, and I have to make sure that everything is all right.?

The trip from Haviorsion to Pserisai was quick, lasting only a little more than a day. Han came out of hyperspace at the outer edges of the system and tried to raise Pserisai base on his comm. Nothing happened.

?What?s going on?? Leia asked.

Han shook his head. ?I?m not sure. But I don?t like it. ?

?Are we close enough to the base for any sensor readings?? Leia asked.

?No,? Han said. ?I wanted to try a microjump to Pserisai 4, and go from there.?

?But Pserisai 4 is on the other side of the sun from Pserisai 7. It?s at least two hundred and twenty kilometers away.?

?And then I wanted to microjump to Pserisai 6.?

?What are you doing, Han?? Leia asked, baffled by Han?s bizarre plans.

?I have a feeling that if we just jump straight to Pserisai 7 that we?re not going to like what we see.?

?You think there will be Imperial ships there??

Han shrugged. ?You never know.?

It was a slow, and arduous process, taking up the better part of a day to do the microjumps that Han had planned. With each jump, he did an extensive review of the life and technology readings, checking for other ships or untoward signs. Other than his persistent inability to raise the Pserisai base, nothing out of the ordinary appeared on his scopes. ".

Finally, Han made the last jump toward Pserisai 7, after first ordering both Leia and Jacen to strap in. ?We may have to get out of here pretty fast,? Han said.

But they saw nothing when they reached Pserisai 7. No armada of Imperial cruisers with their complements of TIE fighters. The space around the blue-green planet was empty. Serene.

?Creepy,? Han muttered as he brought the ship closer to the atmosphere. ?Something just doesn?t feel right. I?m not getting any active technology readings.?

He brought the Falcon lower down through the mist-enshrouded outer-atmosphere toward the southern pole where the base was located. They flew past vast plains that were filled with large, placidly grazing beasts, and then toward a craggy mountain range.

Leia suppressed a shiver as she surveyed the area. ?Something?s definitely wrong here.?

?Mamma, something feels strange,? Jacen whimpered.

?Are you??? Leia unstrapped herself and edged toward Jacen just as Han cleared the mountain range. The ship shuddered as it righted itself. Leia grasped the side of Jacen?s chair to steady herself, glanced over her shoulder and then gasped.

What had been Pserisai base had been devastated. A great black, gaping, hole the size of a large crater stood in the middle of what had once been fertile grassland. Pieces of charred, blackened metal and twisted machinery still lay about, giving the place a haunted, forlorn feel.

?How long ago do you think this happened?? Leia asked, sharply.

Han shook his head, and his mouth was set in a grim line. ?Can?t have been that long ago. I just spoke to Commander Vartin three days ago. And I haven?t heard anything from Rieekan or Susskin.?

?They might not be in any condition to communicate with you,? Leia said. ?Have you tried contacting any of the other bases??

?I?ve tried twice, but I haven?t heard back. I was hoping it was from some magnetic disturbances around here, but I?ll try again,? Han said. He hit a switch to send a message to Karpalta, the nearest system with a base. ?I don?t know how long it?ll be before I can get a message back from them.? He reached forward and began tapping at the controls of the navicomputer. ?Let?s get out of here. I have a feeling that it wouldn?t

6. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    So off to Dagobah they go... :eek: :eek: - This is looking bad. On the other hand, Jacen is okay, and Han and Leia are speaking to each other. So that is good. I'm so confused. :p

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I think Han's in for more revelations on Dagobah... If Yoda's still alive after all this time. [face_worried] Great to see this story updated!

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

I like these two talking again, but I wonder what they are going to find out on Dagobah.

9. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    Nice update!
    Oh boy, to Dagobah they go. Is Yoda still alive? I really want him to be so don't be evil and kill him off :p

[face_peace]
    -JediNat-

10. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Dagobah! I sure hope everything works out. And I sure want to know whats going on...

Great post! Can't wait for more!!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

11. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    You updated! And with H/L...

So... they are talking to each other at this point, but all that utter devastation! I have a feeling that someone is leaking info, not Han & not Rieekan. Maybe the third guy. Hmmm....

And they are on the way to Dagobah, what will they find there?

LP, don't keep us waiting so long for the next post!

12. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    Hmm definitely a leak in the system General.

Glad Han and Leia are speaking again... but how long can you keep them that way LP???

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Dagobah! Yoda! Oh My!

Where will this go next!

14. TizTiz

TizTiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    Yay an update! :D.
    I wonder if all the bases being destroyed had anything to do with Luke. It seems a kind of coincidence that he went away for a few days at around the same time as the bases were destroyed [face_thinking]. I'm glad Han and Leia are speaking and haven't had any more arguments. How long can the peace last? And yay we're off to see Yoda.[face_dancing]

15. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Very interesting. I wonder how much a certain green Jedi Master has to do with any of this...[face_thinking]

Great update!=D=

16. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    Really interesting things could happen on Dagobah. If Yoda's alive, will he want to train Jacen? I don't like where this is going for the Alliance...

GREAT, suspenseful post, though! Are Han and Leia going to really make up anytime soon? [face_praying]

17. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Good thinking, TizTiz... maybe that's why Luke was so upset after his last "job." Hmmm....

Off to Dagobah, maybe train Leia Yoda will.... if he's still around in this version.

18. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    YEAH! Thank You For Posting!

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    The whole time I was reading, I had this terrible feeling that Luke was responsible for the bases' destruction. Maybe he could figure out where they were with the Force.

?It?s on the other side of the galaxy from us,? Han said. ?Not inhabited by any known sentient species.?

Only because no one knows what species Yoda is. ;)

Great chapter! Glad Han and Leia are getting along better, and that Jacen is okay.

20. LittleCat

LittleCat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2008
    Yaaay!

So, confession time: In the past two months, I've basically read everything you've written (I just finished reading Phoenix last night! WooT!), and I'm sooo psyched that you're continuing to write this story! Now I can go along for the ride and read something of yours as it's being posted :D

Speaking of...the last post was great. I'm glad that Jacen is doing well and that for now there is a truce between H/L. [face_love]

I'm totally thrown off by all of the base destruction. It's frightening to think that anyone could destroy several populations without hearing a trace about it [face_worried] I like the clue that Lando left...coming from him, it would have to do with sabacc, wouldn't it?[face_laugh]

I too am concerned that this is what Luke went off to do after Mara royally peeved him. Note to Mara: find the farmboy fast!!

And Degobah, eh? I hope Han brushed up on his ship levitation moves recently! ;) I'm excited to see where this is heading!

If you have a PM list can I be added please? :D

Anywho, loved the post, can't wait to read more!!!

21. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    What had been Pserisai base had been devastated. A great black, gaping, hole the size of a large crater stood in the middle of what had once been fertile grassland. Pieces of charred, blackened metal and twisted machinery still lay about, giving the place a haunted, forlorn feel.

You always manage to include something that totally surprises me. I completely didn't see this one coming, and I have no idea where you're going to go with it. [face_thinking] I await further developments with bated breath, O Talented and Evil One. [face_devil]

22. RavynNightstorm

RavynNightstorm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2008
    As always, a great post and update.

Of course I'm completely confused now, BUT!
    Han and Leia are talking (of course 'talking' doesn't mean that the big things have been talked about -- a lot or little can be said in two weeks) and Jacen is ok (of course I say that all with the air of "for the time being" lingering about)

Why do I have this sinking feeling that the other shoe is going to drop sometime soon, Lady??? :)

Bring it on! :cool:

23. carla

carla Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    I just got around to reading the whole story... gotta say i great! Jacen is so cute! And he's totally Han's kid!

Please, post again soon!

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    PonyTricks: Well, I have to give a little good in there before we get to the bad. Just a bit to lull you before I pounce ;)

Golden_Jedi: Han's not the only one in for revelations on Dagobah ;)

ccp: I like these two talking again, but I wonder what they are going to find out on Dagobah.

- Oh, you never know... [face_whistling]

JediNat: Is Yoda still alive? I really want him to be so don't be evil and kill him off

- But...it's really fun being evil!! ;) [face_devil]

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: Well, what happens on Dagobah won't be revealed this week, but we'll get to the little swamp planet next week :) Thanks for reading!

dm1: So... they are talking to each other at this point, but all that utter devastation! I have a feeling that someone is leaking info, not Han & not Rieekan. Maybe the third guy. Hmmm....

- It's going to be a surprise. O:) I hope. [face_devil]

YmaSolo: Glad Han and Leia are speaking again... but how long can you keep them that way LP???

- What makes you think I WANT them to stay this way? I love it so much better when they're at each others' throats. :p

jade51999: Dagobah! Yoda! Oh My!

Where will this go next!

- Patience, my dear young padawan. All will be revealed...

TizTiz: I wonder if all the bases being destroyed had anything to do with Luke. It seems a kind of coincidence that he went away for a few days at around the same time as the bases were destroyed

- That's certainly an interesting hypothesis... [face_thinking] Stick around ;)

aurrasingrules101: Very interesting. I wonder how much a certain green Jedi Master has to do with any of this...

- Well, he certainly doesn't have any blame for the base destruction, but I can't vouch for the rest of it ;)

LASOS: GREAT, suspenseful post, though! Are Han and Leia going to really make up anytime soon?

* giggles * Sorry, but this story is PG :p

The-Solo-Smirk: You're welcome!

Jedi-2B: Only because no one knows what species Yoda is.

- I wonder if that was deliberate, sort of like how we never got to see Norm's wife on Cheers, or just laziness on the Flanneled One's part? :p

LittleCat: First off, thank you so much! I'm so flattered that you've read my other stories :D

- As for the base destruction, the real culprit bit is a bit complicated, but I'll get to that eventually ;)

- And, sorry, but I don't do PM lists. I wish I could say my posting schedule is very regular, but I'll always update the header when I've updated. Thanks again for reading!

Gabri_Jade: * giggles * You never know. I may have no idea where I'm going with this, either :p

RavynNightstorm: Why do I have this sinking feeling that the other shoe is going to drop sometime soon, Lady???

[Hansvoice]Hey! It's me![/Hansvoice]

carla: Welcome to the story and thank you so much for reading!

Next post coming right up!

25. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Twenty Nine

It was dark when Mara awakened. Through the transparisteel windows she could see hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights from the apartments and speeders below. She stumbled off the bed, feeling punch-drunk, dizzy, disoriented.

They?re going home, she thought disjointedly, as she looked out the window.

Home. What a bizarre, incomprehensible notion. What was home? What did home mean? She?d never had a home, at least never a home that she remembered. She had rooms, hidey holes, offices, dressing rooms, but never a place that had made her feel warm, or loved or cared for, never a place she thought of going to or a place where she wanted to be.

Right now, though, she was surprised by the sudden yearning she felt for just such a thing. She only knew where she did not want to be. She did not want to be here. Trapped inside the quarters of a madman, trapped in a mission that she was sure would lead to madness for herself.

She had to figure out a way to get out of here. As she contemplated this, she began to shiver. She was dressed in only a thin summer dress and the climate-controlled room was somewhat cool. Still a bit unsteady on her feet she headed toward the closet and dialed a wrapper. She had just finished tying the sash when she heard a noise in the outer room. She stilled, like an animal that knew it was being stalked.

I can?t take any more, she thought, a frantic sensation growing in her chest. It was Skywalker out there, she could sense him, just as she could hear him approaching closer and closer, his boots making loud crunching noises on the broken bric-a-brac outside. Worse, she now sensed a feeling of despair that emanated from him, a despair so potent it nearly choked her.

The door slid open and Skywalker stepped inside. Mara wondered whether to show anger for the undeserved attack earlier or to feign indifference, but forgot her dilemma when she saw his face.

It looked ravaged, as though the misery and grief of a lifetime had been etched onto the once smooth lines of skin. He held himself erect, but there was no light in the eyes that sought hers.

?He?s dead,? Skywalker said. She knew without asking whom he meant.

?Oh,? Mara breathed.

Skywalker stumbled across the room toward her, catching her around the waist, the momentum of his movements forceful enough to propel Mara backward onto the bed. She sat heavily onto the counterpane and struggled to regain her balance. ?What are you?? she began, trying to shove Skywalker away, but his head was buried in her lap, and as her hands went to his temples, she realized with a surge of horror and fascination that Skywalker was crying.

The initial feeling of revulsion she felt melted swiftly into a sensation of compassion and pity that she had not known she was capable of feeling. Mixed in with that was a sense of uncertainty and helplessness that she had never felt before. In all her life she had never felt compelled to comfort another sentient being, and now she found herself at a loss.

?Skywalker,? she murmured the word as her fingers moved down along his temples toward the angles of his jaw. Slowly, tentatively, she stroked the golden hair, not sure if he could even feel it through the tortured sobs that wrenched out of his body. She could feel the grief rolling off him in waves, could feel the anger and hopelessness and despair that accompanied it, could sense the emptiness that lay at the core of it all.

Mara felt her own, separate stab of despair as she held Skywalker in his arms. She sensed, instinctively, that there was love between Skywalker and his father, but understood too, that mixed into that love were uglier feelings that sullied the emotion. Perhaps he was not capable of feeling any emotions untainted by the Dark. Perhaps this grief Skywalker felt for his father also contained a mourning of the last vestiges of his soul that had belonged to the light.

This is nonsense, she told herself firmly. There was never any hope for him. Even as the thought went throu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.