main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Glimmer Past Twilight - H/L, L/M (AU) - Updated 8/05/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Vader's dead and Luke wants an aprentice of his own? Not good, not good... At least for the Emperor. ;)

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Interesting. [face_thinking] Luke allows Mara to see his 'softer' side, yet immediately returns to the Sithly guy after she starts feeling he might be able to be redeemed. Is he playing games with Mara to get what he wants? Or is there still some good buried deep down?

3. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    ooh, *shiver* that was incredibly dark and chilling. This has to be so weird for Mara. I sure hope she can get a handle on it. And as for the Force training, I'm half excited, half frightened for her. Can't wait for more!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

4. LittleCat

LittleCat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2008
    THAT was an awesomely creepy post. You wrote it so well it gave me goosebumps! =D=

I thought that the first scene would have been the key to Mara bringing Luke out of the darkness, but I suppose there's no fun in it being that easy, eh? ;)

?Your training, Mara,? Skywalker reminded her. ?We?ll start today.?

?All right,? Mara said.

?Be prepared,? he warned as he headed toward the doorway.

?I?m always prepared.?

?Not for this, you aren?t,? Skywalker said as he left the suite.

This part was especially chilling. It had me seeing flashbacks of Yoda on Degobah....You will be....you will be. *shudders*

5. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    It has been hard to like Luke up to this point, but that was heartbreaking. I really felt for him. Is Mara strong enough to handle having him as her master? More importantly, is Luke strong enough to handle having Mara as his apprentice?

Great job, as always!

6. RavynNightstorm

RavynNightstorm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2008
    Hahaha...that's why I love reading your work! <g>

Great update too!! The turmoil and jumping of emotions was very palpable. :)

7. TizTiz

TizTiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2008
    Dark side Luke confuses me. One minute I was feeling sorry for him about his father then I thought maybe Mara would able to redeem him. Then straight afterwards he turns all cold and evil again. The way he warned Mara about her training kind of crept me out [face_worried]. Mara needs to be careful.
    Great post :).

8. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    Sith Luke scares me! [face_worried]

You killed Vader?! [face_how_could_you]

Great update!

[face_peace]
    -JediNat-

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Sith Luke is really scary! I think part of it is because his emotions are all over the place, he's unpredictable, in a way. One moment you think he's close to redemption, then he goes all dark side again.

So... back to Han and Leia next, right, LP? (Right....it's you, so I have no idea what you've planned next).

10. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    The initial feeling of revulsion she felt melted swiftly into a sensation of compassion and pity that she had not known she was capable of feeling. Mixed in with that was a sense of uncertainty and helplessness that she had never felt before. In all her life she had never felt compelled to comfort another sentient being, and now she found herself at a loss.
    Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful characterization of Mara. I love this!

She could sense it now. He was deliberately shielding himself against her. The stark contrast she was feeling now from the man who had made love with her with such passion in the night was unnerving. But it was as though he had awakened and deliberately covered his soul in that mantle of darkness again, and gone back to a place that she could not reach.

Hmmm so he opens up to her and then suddenly pulls himself together and goes Sithly again...8-} That has really thrown Mara for a loop... Scary Luke. Very Scary! [face_skull]

11. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Very busy today...so I throw in a quick "THANKS FOR POSTING"!

Luke/Mara is getting really interesting!!!

12. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Fascinating. Crazy then soft. The poor boy is manic in the dark side. He doesn't know what he wants or needs.

Awesome job.

13. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    Loving this stuff LadyP!! :D Han and Leia are heading to Dagobagh with the known Rebel bases destroyed?? Interesting indeed! Plus Vader's dead? :( That stuff with L/M was haunting. [face_love] And Mara starts her training... can't wait to see how that goes.

EDIT: btws, this is Jaina_and_Jag, same person, new username. :p

14. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    LP - you are one HECKuva writer! I have loved ALL of your stories.

While checking on the status and posts of "In Name Only," I found someone commenting on this story. I just spent the last two hours reading it. You are such a good writer LP, so talented! so wonderful!!

I hope your muse keeps this story going and your computer doesn't crash!

I'll be checking this story again soon!

Thank you again LP!

15. PrincessLisa

PrincessLisa Jedi Knight

Jul 11, 2007
    YAY! All caught up again! I am quite intrigued!=D=

16. Zardi

Zardi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2008
    I almost didn't read this story when I found it yesterday, because of the Dark!Luke aspect of it. I've tried to read a few of those before, and with only one other exception that I can think of, I just can't swallow them. However, because of the L/M in the title, I decided to come back and give this story a try, with hopes of redemption for little Lukey [face_worried] I'm glad that you've made him dark (for a believable reason -- years of torture!), yet show that the farmboy is still buried inside. I hope that this keeps coming out, even though there is likely to be a set back after Luke's emotional reaction last night with Mara.

I'm looking forward to what Han and Leia will think when they realize what's happened to their innocent old friend. Or maybe I'm dreading it? (That's probably it...)

The H/L stuff is good too, but I'm a L/M fan so...yeah :p

17. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008

Could you add me to your PM list, please?
    Don't wanna miss the next update!

Thank you.

18. LASOS

May 13, 2008
    up up up UP!

19. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I'm still around, waiting for updates on your stories, LP...

I can engage in lightsaber duels with my 5 year-old nephew while playing catch with my 2 year-old nephew.
    Wearing stilettos.
    Take that, Luke Skywalker.

LASOS, women are always great at multi-tasking! (I actually got a job one time by answering their question about multi-tasking with the answer, "I'm a mother, what do you think?" I don't recommend that for everyone, you have to know who is interviewing you, but there you go!) Love your sig!

20. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    UP!!!!!! =D= Miss our most amazing story ever!!!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

21. The-Solo-Smirk

Jun 27, 2008
    I take part in the "most amazing story" plea!!!
    UP, PLEASE!

Note: I've re-read your story, LP, and what I like most about it is that Han hasn't lost it (after Leia dumped him/married the toady/had children...) but has made a nice career for himself with the rebellion - on the other hand, one can absolutely understand Leia's point of view, poor girl!
    It's a very realistic and mature approach to the story!

22. LASOS

May 13, 2008
    :) Mothers do seem to have the monopoly on multi-tasking abilities, don't they? I'm hoping all my time spent with my nephews and niece will give me a leg up when I have my own kids. At any rate, I'm sure Luke Skywalker could have reenacted lightsaber duels and played catch at the same time, but I'm pretty darn sure he never did it in stilettos. Who needs the Force when you have Mom-senses?

Thanks, by the way. :)

And, LP, this story is definitely awesome! Please update soon!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.