main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A glimpse into the Past (Allana, YJK Jacen/TK) Updated 8/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LeatherNeck, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Author: LeatherNeck
    Title: A glimpse into the Past
    Timeframe: 22 ABY / 49 ABY
    Summary, Allana and a friend are inadvertently transported to 22 ABY, where they are confronted with very different and far younger versions of their parents.

Allana approached her father tentatively. In many ways he was her jailer, he just didn?t</R>t let her do anything. Especially after she turned thirteen. The boys were so afraid of Jacen Solo, that they avoided her like a plague, baring her cousins of course. Although it could have been worse, she reflected. Uncle Jag was ten times worse than her father.

?Daddy?? she asked.

?No you may not hang out with that Harrison boy.? he said without missing a beat.

?Daddy!? She said reproachfully. ?I wasn?t going to ask if I can hang with Jeff.? She said making sure her father knew the boy?s first name.

?Jeff would be crushed.? Her father chuckled. She scowled and snapped at him.

?You already scared him off father!? She only called him that when she was mad.

?Watch your tone missy, you?re not too big for a spanking.? He warned. She backed down
    instantly, her father never mad any false threats. When he was satisfied that her sassing was over he indulged her.

?What did you want to do?? he asked patiently.

?I wanted to go over to Nina?s.? she said. He set the datapad down and frowned at her. She knew why, Nina had an older brother, only two years older than her, but more damning, Nina?s mother was Danni Quee Durron. Her father used to date and still liked and trusted her, but he was a little leery of her constant inventiveness. Her father cleared his throat.

?Alright, go ahead.? He said and then held up a hand. ?Just be sure to-?

?Stay away from missus Durron?s lab. I know.? Allana said from memory with her father. He
    cocked his head in warning. Before he could changed his mind, she kissed him on the cheek and
    took off.

Tenel Ka walked into the room.

?Our daughter has left the building.? she stated, drawing a strangled snort from Jacen.

?What?? Tenel Ka asked in confusion. Jacen waved it off.

?Nothing, yeah, she?s going over to the Durron?s.? he said. Tenel Ka raised an eyebrow.

?Are you so certain, perhaps she is lying.? she said. Jacen held up the datapad. She peered at it and recognized the program as a GPS tracking system, whats more, it was monitering a moving dot that traversed its way across Yavin Fours surface. She looked at him in shock.

?You did not.? she said, stunned at his blatant spying on their daughter. Jacen grinned, something he rarely did.

?You bet I did, you just can?t trust a teenager.? he said saying the word with the same fervor she had heard from his father twenty years ago.

Allana rang the doorbell to the Durron?s home. Master Durron answered.

?Hello Allana. How are you this morning?? he asked. She smiled up at him and said.

?I?m okay, just feeling lucky today.? Kyp blinked.

?Lucky? How so.?

?Well dad actually let me out of his sight today, even if he planted a GPS tracker on me.? Kyp
    ?hmmph? in an interested fashion.

?That?s a good idea, I should thank you father for it.? he said. Nina appeared behind her father.

?Allana!? she said and hugged the other girl. KYp rolled his eyes at their display.

?For force?s sake you live less than a kilometer away!? he said.

?Come on Dad, she just escaped.? Nina joked. Kyp rolled his eyes again and stalked off. Nina grabbed Allana?s hand.

?Come on! You?ve got to see this!? Nina exclaimed and dragged Allana toward her mother?s lab.
    She and Allan spent much time in their, poking through the many inventions Danni had built
    over the years.

?See what??

?I found it behind the bulk mass transmitter and the portable Teleportation grid. Danni?s lab what sort of an obstical course, many of her inventions can be very dangerous. Nina led her to the device in question. It was circular, the immediate area had been taped on the floor for some reason or another. Often Danni?s machines had an area affect and there were many

2. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Tenel Ka walked into the room.

"Our daughter has left the building."

ok, first of all, that was hilarious. [face_laugh]

it seems you have an interesting take on characters. Allana definitely sounds like a typical 13-year old. Characterization was..intriging. doing an admirable job so far, and you'll prolly just get better as it goes.

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    hmm....a very very interesting start....

Though I find the strict father modes quite funny :)

anyways, can't wait for more, and if you're going to do PM's please add me to the list. Thanks!

4. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    So she goes 27 years back? She better be careful or she might never exist.

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Very interesting start, though you'll have to explain alot of what happened between LOTF (or the end of DN if you don't like LOTF) and now. I'm wondering, why do all of the OCs in this fic have Earth names?

?For force?s sake you live less than a kilometer away!? he said.

So you're saying that Danni moved to Hapes?

She peered at it and recognized the program as a GPS tracking system

You're sure it's not a homing beacon or one of those Yuuzhie beetles? They're the SW equivalents of our GPS systems. I think you might like to check out this thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/22308091/p1/?126

I can definitely see Jacen as Darth Father-in-Law

6. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    nice start.
    when youupdate can you pm me
    thanks

7. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    magehound:Yeah I just wrote and then realized how funny it sounded.

Kidan: They're funny unless its your father, don't worry I'll PM you.

SilSolo:This is AU of DN and LOTF, though Allana is born on the same date as cannon, but with Tenel Ka still with the Jedi. That is all I'm going to say. A large part of this fic will be characters tempting both girls to revela details of the future. As for the real world terminology. I've been trained to think in those terms, and it has become very hard to think outside my training so I'm just going to use those terms anyway, since they are technically correct. Adn every one lives on Yavin Four(recolonized after the war)

Valley_Lord:Yes its called the grandfather paradox, so long as she is in contact with her parents in the past, she risks her existence.

frankieskywalker: Thanks, your on the PM list.

PM List
    Kidan
    frankieskywalker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyp was watching the news when Danni burst into the room.

?Kyp KYP I?m so sorry, sweet force you?re going to kill me I?m sorry I?m sorry ? Kyp looked at her in alarm. Danni was not normally one to panic.

?What? What happened?? He asked.

?They used the time dialation device.?

?What? Where did they go?? Danni sniffed before she said.

?Twenty-seven years into the past.? Kyp could only gaped at her in horror and slowly erupting anger.

Luke Skywalker strode on one of the many greens of the Academy with his wife. They had only been married for three years now, she having just recently completed her training into a Jedi Master. She stared out at the jungle.

?It very... quiet.? She said. Luke nodded.

?Yeah, its quite peaceful.? he commented. Mara stared at him and quickened her pace.

?It?s too quiet, that means something or someone is going to attack us.? she said with an assassin?s logic. Luke sighed.

?Mara, there isn?t any sentient creatures within ten kilo-? his reply was cut off by what had to be the strangest sound in his live. It was somewhere between an obnoxious hum and a painful sounding electrical discharge. Mara snapped her head in the noises? direction.

?What the kriff is that?? she said.

?I don?t know.? said Luke. Out of nowhere, a translucent image appeared very near to where they were standing. They both jumped back in surprise as the image slowly solidified into a round circular device and two teenage girls, shocked a surprised in the device?s close proximity. When the girls and the device were fully solid, the device started to become translucent and slowly faded from existence. When it was gone, that strange hum finally left. Luke and Mara stared at the two girls, who seemed more shocked than they were. The girls finally noticed them.

?Oh thank the force Uncle Luke, I was scared for a minute.? Luke stared at her with more intensity.

?What?.... What did you just call me?? he asked. The girl frowned.

?You said I could called you uncle instead of Master Skywalker. Besides, Aunt Mara says that
    Master stuff is going to get into your head someday.? Mara couldn?t repress a snort of amusement. The girl frowned as the two remained distant to her. Then she noticed something. Her great uncle?s hair was blonde, not gray like it was supposed to be.

?Uncle Luke? Did you color your hair?? Allana asked.

?Who are you?? Mara asked. The girl balked at the demanding tone.

?I?m Allana Solo, your niece.? she said. Luke shook his head.

?I?m sorry, but my sister has only three kids, and her only daughter?s name is Jaina.? Allana rolled her eyes, somehow conveying a ?duh? without saying it.

?Uncle Luke, is this another history lesson? You?re freaking me out. Besides, Mom and Dad already gave me the low-down on the family tree.? Mara and Luke exchanged glances.

?Young lady.? Luke began. ?You are not one of my sister?s children.? The girl rolled her eyes
    again. This one was more than Mara could take.

?Don?t? she said in the assassin prepared to kill voice. ?Do tha

8. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    That was a pretty nasty shock

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004

â??Iâ??m Allana Solo, your niece.â?? she said. Luke shook his head.

Why is the daughter of a Dathomiri warrior/Hapan princess taking her father's name? This is really irritating when someone's spent years maintaining a huge Hapes/Dathomir family tree. You'll be forgiven if you come up with a really good explanation, of course. So why is the Hapan royal family living on Yavin 4? Are you sure that the nobles would allow it? As for Danni being on Yavin, what of her duties as Magister on Zonama Sekot?

This is AU of DN and LOTF, though Allana is born on the same date as cannon

Fair enough, since the only time I write canon is when I make fun of it.

I've been trained to think in those terms, and it has become very hard to think outside my training so I'm just going to use those terms anyway, since they are technically correct.

You realize that the GFFA is not the real world and earthisms can be very irritating and detract from the fic, but oh well.

â??Twenty-seven years into the past.â?? Kyp could only gaped at her in horror and slowly erupting anger.

And hopefully he'll go into a homocidal rage and kill her.

â??You are not one of my sisterâ??s children.â??

LOL

â??Commonor.â?? she said confidently. Jacen nodded.

If you're going to mention a planet, it'd be a good idea to spell its name right. It's Commenor.

I hope I don't sound overly harsh or critical; it's just that I normally have to beg for concrit and would rather not let others have to do the same thing.

10. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Take it easy Sil, he's been trained to think in a specific way, thinking outside it is alien to him. And as for GPS, its basically what homing beacons in Star wars are. Because of line of sight difficulties, a beacon has to have several satelites to be detected over a planet wide area(iron core of the planet prevents signals of any kind to pass through,even siesmic waves. As for the last name thing, you don't know for a fact that the Dathomiri use a matrilineal naming system, actually it would be counter effective. Last names in matriarchal societies are a means to track who's related to who by using the father's names(less relation to a specific male is best for individual offspring as most hereditary deisease come from the X chromosome and males having one are guarenteed to transmit the same gene their mother gave them, which is why brother-sister and cousins up to three teirs of sanguinity are not permitted to marry by most societies.) Further more, Males on Dathomir seemed to be hidden away from the eyes of other women, so relations by the father are not likely to be known, giving offspring(female since males don't seem to serve a purpose aside from manufacture and breeding stock) allows specific women to know which males they should not pursue. Knowing patrilineal descent is very important when dealing with hereditary conditions, such as queen Victoria who inherited a hemophelia gene from the royal family(King George the III is suspected of having hemophelia as well as porphoria) and because of that a considerable portion of twentieth century nobles suffer from Hemophelia.

11. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    SilSolo: first of the last name. There are three reasons Tenel Ka has taken Jacen's last name in this fic. 1) taking his lmast name indicates that she has severed all ties to Hapes which we do know that they use the mother's last name. 2) The Jedi Order under Luke Skywalker is heavily influence on his conservative uprbringing, where wives and children take the father's name. 3) Tenel Ka seems to support democracy and self determination in canon, more will be said on this topic in this fic. They live in Jedi society, not Hapan.

Real World tech terms: I do know that there are terms for these technologies in SW universe. But 'homing bveacon' is too cliche for me to tolerate(the brass in the Marines and Navy loved to call GPS homing beacons which irritated the hell out of me)

As for Danni being on Sekot, that thread of canon drives me crazy. They basically shut a character off to Sekot becuase she was no longer a viable love interest for Jacen.

Specific reasons why specific characters are where they are in the beginning in the fic will be adressed later, it just wasn't relevent to the fic at that scene. And if I had written the histories out in the first post, it would have been ten thousand words long. Too much history in one place is a bad thing(except for the history channel.

Valley_Lord: Thanks for writing that all out, I hadn't considered some of those reasons to use patrilineal descent.

12. SephirothsKiller

SephirothsKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Not bad, but before you ever post anything I want you to read it out loud.

13. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i liked it. :D

everyone should take a chill pill.
    :rolleyes:
    thanks for pming me.
    :)
    i really like the part where jacen tells luke he's bald
    [face_laugh]
    hehehe

14. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    I can understand where Sil's coming from with some of that, but as for me, i usually don't make this an issue, but...
    grammer.
    it did get a little distracting to mentally fill in the proper sentence structure.

and i would have liked to at least hear what the third option was, even if they weren't going to take it.
    other then that, it was very entertaining, epecially with Jacen's referring to a 'bald Uncle Luke'

15. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Nice. I'm very excited.

So wait--- We're bringing in Kyp, Danni, Jacen, and Tenel Ka? Is older Jacen going to be there?

16. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    This is good

Want more

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay, good enough explanation for the name, though it'd be better if you say it within the fic.

And if I had written the histories out in the first post, it would have been ten thousand words long. Too much history in one place is a bad thing(except for the history channel.

LOL That's true. It's just that I was like 'huh?' when I read it.

18. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    frankieskywalker: DOn't worry, I've had worse insults thrown at me than civies here are throwing.

magehound: That is a reading trap, the mind gets confused by the improper word order, causing it to need to read it again.But to be seriously my spell checker is really screwing up my verb tenses. The third option is to get younger Danni to build a time machine, since they already know she is capable of doing it.

G__Anakin: Okay. Gary give more soon.

SilSolo: It was going to be in the fourth or fifth post, where Allana would notice the startling differences between her parents and their teenage versions and it would be needed for the story, so you're going to see some of those issues in the story.

19. SephirothsKiller

SephirothsKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Leatherneck: About everything you just said, reading out loud is pretty much a guarenteed way to get rid of those problems. Try it before you go to post, and the majority of your verb problems and so on will become clear. Keep reading it out loud and editing it and then reading aloud again until it sounds natural to say.

20. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006

Tenel Ka waited for Jacen to wake out of his flow-walk trance. She herself could flow-walk as well, but with a two decade gap between her time and where her daughter is, she didn?t trust her abilities, as it was Jacen was apprehensive about flow-walking so far into the past. Jacen finally opened his eyes.

?Well?? she asked. He sighed heavily.

?They?re there. Twenty seven years.? He said tiredly and slumped onto his back.

?Are you alright?? she asked, concerned by how he drained seemed.

?I?m okay, just took a lot out of me.? he said. She nodded and sat down with him on their meditation room floor.

?We would be thirteen then.? she said. He groaned.

?Well there goes all my credibility with her.? he said. Her eyes regarded him with amusement.

?Fact, you were something of an oaf.? she said.

?You weren?t much better Tenel Ka, cold and stoic, definitely not the person Allana knows.? he teased lightly. She looked away uncomfortably.

?Indeed.? she turned back to him.

?Tell me what?s truly bothering you.? She ordered. Jacen knew better than to argue with that tone in her voice.

?I want to be mad at them, but I know I shouldn?t.? he said.

?Is that it?? Tenel Ka asked with a frown. Jacen raised an eyebrow in return, using her own mannerisms against her.

?Yes, and if you consider what might happen when her influence on our time line reaches us... Tenel Ka, she might erase herself from history, our other kids.? He said with something very close to fear. She nodded.

?True, but she may also have the opposite effect, force us to deal with our feelings earlier than we did. I may not have to become Queen.? she said.

?You?re always a queen in my eyes, but I hope not, it may have been hard on us but you needed to be Queen. Without you Hapes would never have sorted itself out. Hapes has democracy because of you.? he said with emphasis.

?A particular Jedi who killed a lot of assassins and plotters had a lot to do with it too.? she teased. He face turned dark.

?Well they deserved it, no one threatens my woman and daughter and gets away with it.? She rolled her eyes and shoved his head into the floor. She did this with a smile.

Luke shook off his shock and turned to the girls.

?Come with me.? he said and started for the main temple. Mara quickly caught up.

?What are we going to do?? she asked.

?What Jacen, er future Jacen said. Find this Danni woman and let her fix it.? Mara frowned.

?How exactly is she going to fix this?? she asked.

?By making a time machine.? Luke said. Mara inclined her head. Luke brought out his comlink and sent a call.

?Who are you calling?? Mara asked.

?Jacen.? he said and waited for Jacen to pick up.

?Hello?? a drowsy voice said. Allana frowned. She?s been hearing her father?s voice every day since she was three, and that most certainly wasn?t Jacen.

?Jacen, I need you to bring yourself and Tenel Ka to the conference room.? said Luke. There was a long pause, which made Allana frown more, her father didn?t waste time like that.

?Tenel Ka?? the voice said in confusion. ?Why? Are we in trouble?? The anxiety Allana heard was totally wrong.

?No, just be there in half an hour.?

?Okay...? the voice said uncertainly.

?Who was that?? Allana asked when Luke clicked off. He looked at her in surprise.

?That was Jacen Solo.? he said. Allana shook her head.

?I know what my dad sounds like, even on a com and that was not him.?

?That is true, he?s not your father.? Luke said.

?What? Are you calling me a lyer?? Allana demanded. Luke held up his hands to forestall
    further yelling.

?No Allana I am not, but you need to realize, that Jacen and Tenel Ka are thirteen years old. They won?t be your parents for at least a decade.? She stared.

?My parents and I are... the same age?? she asked.

?The people who will be your parents yes.? She seem lost in thought and then said.

?Kriff.? Nina snorted but Mara and Luke frowned.

?I don?t know what kriff means, but I suspect it is not appropriate.? Allana and Nina blinked. A

21. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Very good so far. I would love a PM when you update this.

22. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Oh, that one was even better then the last one! It's going to be so hard for Allana not to rip a new one in the time/space continuem just by absently revealing information. Nina too.
    The J/TK moment was absolutely priceless, and very well done to boot. I can't help wondering if Luke's going to reveal to them they have children.

23. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Good post

24. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Genimay: Sure I can PM.

magehound: HEr presence will definitely change the space-time continuem. And Luke will have to anyway, at the same age Tenel KA and Allana are almost indistinguishable, except for Allana's brown eyes and her nose.

25. Padmare_Solo

Padmare_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    Great story! Will you please PM me when you put more up? "?At least we know he turns out alright.? Luke muttered" I LOVE THAT LINE btw![face_laugh] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.