main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A glimpse into the Past (Allana, YJK Jacen/TK) Updated 8/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LeatherNeck, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I was thinking about something along the lines of Jacel Ka. Did you hear about the Shmi Ka stuff after TUQ? Seriously, how does Jacen/Nen Yim get a combined name and not Jacen/Tenel Ka?

I can't wait for Danni. Especially since JACEN IS NOW TAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet

2. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Darkwriter: In my experience, women's fathers are very important to them, probably becuase they don't have the instinctive dislike of their father(male drive to leave as soon as possible), and in often cases remains their only parent as their mothers become more of a friend/sister in their relationship.

Kidan: Thanks and you're welcome.

MaraJade1225: New Reader! Welcome. Naturally there's going to be a lot of run ins with people who will be dead before the girls are born.

Darkwriter: I think its better that it stay J/TK, rather than a combined name. Janen, Jacella and the other crack pairings, stink of Mary Sueism. Besides, with Tenel Ka's preference to be called by her full first name, it probably disrespectful to her character. Not to mention Tenel Ka fans wouldn't like that(Tenel Ka being the architype of feminism in Canon, she must have a strong draw from female readers, since she doesn't compromise in her life style to fit her male(Jacen), considering most marriages in North America are severely male dominant.)

3. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    PM LIST thus far. Please inform me if you wish to receive PMs

Eleventh_Guard
    frankieskywalker
    Genimay
    Kidan
    Padmare_Solo

4. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Add me to that PM list?

5. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    I'd like to be added to the PM list. This is a great story.

I can see where you're coming from, LeatherNeck. It warms my heart to see some pro-feminism among the J/TKers. Probably why I love this pairing so. Yay!

Janet

6. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    angel_gidget: Sure no problem.

Darkwriter: Lets just say I have a healthy respect for women, especially after being in Afganistan for a year. Also that feminist angle is why some readers are angry when Allana is given Solo as a last name.

PM LIST

angel_gidget
    Darkwriter
    Eleventh_Guard
    frankieskywalker
    Genimay
    Kidan
    Padmare_Solo

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    These two girls sure are good at lying lol.

I'll be back with more to say, since I gotta go.

8. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Readers get mad when Allana is given the Solo name? Huh. If Allana doesn't carry the Solo name, then who will? I suppose I understand that veiwpoint, that we don't want men to overpower us, even in name, but these are the Solos! We can't let Han's kind die out.

Anyway, there are different levels of feminism. I'm Catholic, so I tend to understand the need for male and female roles. There are some radical feminists who think that everything should be equal, and even that women should dominate (like the Hapans). Tenel Ka is very moderate. She is very strong willed, she 's proven herself, and I don't think she'll let anything get by her, but she's not like anyone in her family.

I'm glad you've gained respect for women, through your experiences. It really gives you an accurate veiw on Tenel Ka's character and her beliefs. We J/TK fans appreciate that. :) Sorry for the rant, I tend to get a little worked up when it comes to these things.

Great job; I can't wait for more!

9. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Darkwriter: Well steryotypically the male children continue the family name but I know what you mean. As for gender roles, I can understand the need for different rules of behavior, but as far as I am concerned, the only differences are that women can breast feed and give birth, and males are typically larger and heavier.All else concern I feel both sexes are equal. Now the Catholic part, I must warn you that I am a Mason from a long line of Masons(it makes a difference to Catholics that I know.)

10. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Now the Catholic part, I must warn you that I am a Mason from a long line of Masons(it makes a difference to Catholics that I know.) I'm absolutely clueless. Really. I have no idea what you mean by that.

Gender roles: this gets religious. We believe that God, if you'll permit me to say this, created the man for a specific role and women for another. Neither is remotely disrespectful. The differences you stated are the what makes the differences in their roles.

But whatever the issue, men and women desreve the same amount of respect. :)

Janet

11. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    loved the update

12. Padmare_Solo

Padmare_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    ?Your Dad is weird.? Nina said.

?So is yours.? Allana said defensively

LOL that is definatly a little 'Solo' in her after all. I can see the younger Jacen saying something like that

13. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I use Tencen, but only jokingly. J/TK is fewer characters and fits better on space-restricted summaries. I actually prefer "Jacen/Tenel Ka" when space is not an issue because J/TK could be any number of things. Yes, we know what it USUALLY is, but what would you call Jaina/Talon Karrde? Jagged/Tenel Ka? You get the idea. ;)

Of course, name smushes have their dangers of being misleading as well. O:)

Liked the new chapter. Poor Jacen is probably getting really worn from leaving so many messages across time.

14. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Darkwriter: Catholics have been forbidden to be a Freemason or associate with Masons for the last three hundred year, the pope in the early eighteenth century had a bull against their ideals of democracy, equality(sound familiar).Now I'm not bashing catholics, in context, all of Europe was either a kingdom or principality, the cheif complaint is the value of science and secular influences.

frankieskywalker: Gald you did.

Padmare_Solo: Yeah there is, she basically has her mother's looks and her father's temperament.

Eleventh_Guard: Sorry but those pairing are too unholy to comment on.

Yes, the flow walking is wearing him thin, but keep in mind, Jacen and Tenel Ka will change as Allana and Nina mess with their early teenage(family dynamics and number of kids as well as the age of the kids will change frequently) and unfortunately they won't be aware of the changes, on the other hand, Nina and Allana will not change. This may sound confusing but the next post will make more sense.

15. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Kyp sat with the Solo?s eldest child, Blaze. The young man sat meditating, long legs crossed under himself in a position Kyp wouldn?t even try. Kids and their flexibility. The boy opened his slate grey eyes.

?Dad?s back.? he said and rose to his imposing height. The young man walked, lumbered across the room to the door of te meditation room. He opened the door.

?Well?? he asked his parents.

?I told them to make sure Kyp doesn't know.? Jacen said

?Is that wise?? Blaze asked. ?Wouldn?t Kyp notice?? he asked. Kyp shook his head.

?No, I spent those years using the force for everything, when you shout like that you wouldn?t hear those little whispers of the force.? Kyp said. Jacen nodded and then nearly fell.

?Dad!? Blaze said and helped his father right himself.

?I?m alright.? Jacen said weakly.

?Dad, you're wasting away.? Blaze said. ?Maybe I should go back next time.? The eighteen year old boy said. Jacen frowned at him.

?No, it is too exhausting.? Jacen said adamantly. Tenel Ka put her hand on Jacen?s shoulder.

?Jacen, you won?t last another trip if you go today or tomorrow. You must rest.?

?Blaze is not ready.? Jacen said firmly.

?Jacen, let him try, he may surprise you.? Tenel Ka said. Jacen twisted his face and grunted.

?Fine, but you be careful Blaze, if you fail to return to your own time you?ll go into a coma, and I don?t know if you?ll ever wake.? Jacen warned. Blaze nodded earnestly. Jacen hadn?t taught him how to flow walk, Blaze had taught himself. He had inherited his father?s thirst for knowledge, with his mother?s tenacity and strength of mind. That added with the stubbornness of both sides had driven him into a deep delving study of the force and had figured out flow walking without even a moment of instruction from Jacen. Jacen grabbed his arm.

?You will tire quickly, get what needs to be said done quickly and get back if you linger to long and you tire and collapse...? Jacen trailed off, both knowing what might happen.

?I understand father.? Blaze said.

Tenel Ka leaned near Kyp and whispered.

?Get Chilgal here, something is very wrong with Jacen.?

?What? Are you sure?? he asked.

?He is more tired than he seems, make sure she brings a sedative, we may have to force him to stay in this time.? she said. Kyp nodded and left.

Blaze took the place his father had just vacated, sitting cross legged he closed his

eyes and started to separate his consciousness from his body. Once he had he visualized his

time line, his path through time and space. And then he followed it back. The important event

of his life flashed by. Learning to drive a speeder passed by, an event his father claimed was

responsible for the scattered grey hairs on his head. The first times he met his siblings flew

by at increasing speed, drawing nearer and nearer to the day he had been born, and then he

passed it, going further back into time until his time line was no longer his, but his

mothers. Now he was going through her life before he had been born which started one year

after the end of the Vong War, he ignored the horrors and the heartache his mother had

endured, he could talk about it to her later, traveling through time was the most exhausting

part. While he drew further and further back he closely monitored what it was doing to

himself, he felt tired already, but so much that it would show. Father must have great stamina

to do this four times in rapid succession. Finding the right time would be simple, the moment

his father and mother?s lines were not entwined(except for that bit when his father had been

captured and tortured by the Vong) would be when to stop. He knew that it would be where his

sister was, that moment was the first time his parents kissed each other. He had nagging

feeling that Allana might have changed time. If she had, perhaps I am the result of the

change. He thought. He pushed the thought aside, he would find out long enough. He reached the

point where his parent?s time l

16. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    okay..so i wasn't going daft when I was trying to figure out who Blaze was....great job on that btw....

As always this is going quite well, can't wait to see how it gets resovled...and if Nina has to die...

Great job!! More please!

17. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    That was pretty awesome. I kind of like blaze.

Hm . . . Tenel Ka's having more kids by the moment. Interesting. Why does this diminish Nina's chances of being born, though?

I hope Jacen's okay.

?So we have a forty year old Jacen telling us things are going wacky?? Kyp said disbelievingly. I can see why Kyp would react like this. I remember how during the Vong war he and Jacen would argue about the Force all the time, and right now I bet he sees Jacen as just a goofy kid. Much less Han Solo's kid . . .

Great job with this. I loved it! I can't wait for more.

18. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Blaze... good name(means eternal protector)

19. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Woaha...reality warping. YaY!

20. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Blaze'd better snatch these kids.

21. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    Kidan: Thanks, you'll find out eventually.

Darkwriter: Because Allana's existence is already ensured, her presence strengthens the possibility of her existence and her siblings. Because of Kyps past, if Danni finds out Kyp is her father, her existence will be nullified. The longer Nina remaines in the past the more likely either of her parents find out who her father is.

Valley_Lord: Yes, that is correct.

angel_gidget: They are messing up the past.

SilSolo: He can't only Danni can get them back. Flow walking is seeing and interacting with the past, but his physical body is still in his time.

22. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    if Danni finds out Kyp is her father LOL. Don't you mean future husband?

23. LeatherNeck

Mar 24, 2006
    DarkWriter: Among other things he will be, but an eighteen year old Danni would be unable to handle the fact that she will be married to a mass murderer. Until she goes through a few things (Vong war, deep moments between the two during and after the war etc.)

24. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I love this story. Please add me to your PM list.

25. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Nia and Allana are really messing stuff up

ilike blaze

great update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.