main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Goblet Empire (Post PT, AU, Vader/Padme, Obi-Wan ) - UPDATED 09/25th - "ALDERAAN AFTERMATH"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Alderaan.
    As they landed a Naboo Cruiser onto the surface outside of the Aldera Royal Palace grounds, Obi-Wan couldn't help but enjoy the feeling that he was home. The planet gave an unspoken familiarity to anyone that wanted it, and all you had to do was close your eyes and allow it to happen.

Obi-Wan had now made the world his home for almost two years, and had never planned to leave it again. But he realized that having Padme here, Anakin's wife, with her twin Jedi children no less, things could drastically change at any moment.

It was good that he convinced the former Senator to leave her world, but it was only another risk bringing her to a place where the Empire visited even more often than Naboo. For the last couple of years, Palpatine had been desperately trying to get Bail Organa to willingly sign away all his rights as First Chairmen, and as the Crown Prince of the planet, over to his ever growing Empire. Palpatine knew if he could convince a powerful man as Bail Organa to join him, other planets would break to him, and then succumb to joining him by their own will instead of military force.

Obi-Wan only hoped that the former Senator did as he wished, and would agree to stay hidden away from the vast political life that was Alderaan. If she remained hidden away in the Palace with her twins, she would be safe for the rest of her days, and live a peaceful life as their mother.

"The place hasn't changed much since I was here last for the wedding. I can't wait to see Katrina and Bail again. They've had some difficult times in the last few years, but they've remained so strong together. I even heard that Katrina was pregnant again, so she must be so excited. The doctors told her that another pregnancy was impossible, but it goes to show you that sometimes fate steps in and takes a hand where it's needed."

"The Force you mean, my lady?" asked Obi-Wan, only half listening to her, as his thoughts traveled up to the Palace, sensing a distant echo there that he couldn't understand. They had all been well when he had left for Naboo.

"No, I'm not talking about your Force," huffed the young woman, and then said; "Not everything is about that you know!" hissed Padme, trying to push away the negative emotions filling her now.

Any mention of the Jedi or the Force always caused such a rage inside her heart now. She was still so broken over the loss of Anakin, that she couldn't help but phantom what could have happened if Anakin had never left Tatooine with them so many years ago.

Would he have used his abilities to serve the Dark Side then? Obi-Wan had told her that he had touched the blackness of the Force before his death, and that was why he couldn't have been saved.

Tears welled in her eyes, brightly so, as she couldn't help but picture the sweet little boy she had known once. Then the dashing young man, although desperately head strong at times, had somehow managed to bewitch her into falling completely in love with him.

It just wasn't fair that Anakin wasn't here with them now. To hold her, as she began openly weeping, and clutching her twin babies to her chest, as they started too as well, crying as if they would never stop. Even though they cried for a father that they would never know, and would never understand why that was so, because she could not even begin to understand it herself.

She felt strong arms around her instantly, trying to hold her up, and ensure the babies did not fall from her shaking form, as they headed like that toward the Palace.
    -----------------------------------------------

"Why did you bring her here?" Bail Organa hissed furiously, seeing a very familiar woman sitting on the sofa of his Suite. "I trusted you and you bring the bride of that man into my very home? I thought I could have faith in you Obi-Wan not to place my family at risk? I see Palpatine was wrong in assigning you to his military watch of Alderaan... but then again, perhaps this was his plan. That I let the wife of his watch dog room in my home."

"Be quiet, or she'll hear

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm being naughty and uping my own story for spacing. I'm hoping to put up the next post shortly. :D

3. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Oh, poor Bail! I feel so sorry for him, but it does seem to open the way for Padme and co. Also, I am glad that you made Bail's wife an OC, it seems that she is always one of Padme's handmaidens, thanks for the change! As always, your posts have been superb! I'm looking forward to your next post.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The quarters that Bail had assigned Padme inside the Royal Palace, more than made up for his somewhat rude greeting of her earlier that day. It housed eight rooms in all, and gave off a fantastic view of the gardens inbehind the Palace guest wing. A stunning waterfall gave life to visible rolling lawns, and the thousands of flowers that grew everywhere.

It was one of Obi-Wan's favorite views from the Palace walls, and Bail likely thought the sight would give Padme some comfort of the home she left behind her on Naboo. She decided to sleep once they settled in, and after feeding and bathing the twins, and putting them both down for a good nap, she did just that.

Obi-wan remained in the Suite long after they slept, taking peace in having that simple warmth around him again. It had been a long time since he had any sense of family it seemed. That life had fallen with the Jedi Temple, the only home he had ever known, and the home his own master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had raised him in.

It had also been the home where he himself had watched his own apprentice grow up into a man, one of the most powerful Jedi hopefuls of their time. The Force Anakin Skywalker had such hope then. So strong he had been, and so eager to learn new lessons.

Obi-Wan knew that Anakin's children, or at least one of them, had been sensed through the Force by Vader himself. It had been nearly a month ago that Vader had been on Naboo paying a visit to the Queen's Office for the Emperor. So close to seeing what he shouldn't see. That was when Obi-wan knew he had to convince Padme to get away from there.

Her summons had been the perfect excuse.

Before she discovered the truth of what he had been desperately trying to protect her from for months now...

That Anakin Skywalker lived still, but only in the form of Darth Vader.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Naboo, Theed Palace, Throne Room

"Rise, my friend."

"The Palace has been completely taken over, my master. The Queen Sabe and her band of Rebels have been placed into the garrison camps inside the main city, and ready for transport to the prison base on Bakura."

"The Rebels will be sent there, but leave the Queen here on Naboo, my servant. She may prove useful in keeping the locals in line while we are here," replied Palpatine knowingly.

"What do you mean?" Vader rumbled.

"The Nubian people have always been loyal, trusting fools. We can use the Queen for our advantage in that manner. She will lead them where we want them to follow, or she will die with her people when we destroy the city."

"Yes, my master."

"See to it that it is done."

"Yes, my master."

Palpatine looked up again from his thoughts as he sat on the Throne, after realizing that Vader still hadn't left after his last order.

"What is it, my apprentice?" The Emperor snarled, yellow eyes staring coldly across the dark room.

"Has there been any information about Senator Amidala?"

The Emperor let the question hang in the air, letting Vader know that the answer was going to come at a very high price later, before finally giving a reply with a smirk to his dead looking face:

"I've learned that the Senator died almost seven months ago, giving birth to your son."

The answer was clearly what Vader had not been hoping for, as his breath now came in short, sharp gasps for life. A large, gloved hand, grabbed for his chest, as if bracing himself from falling over in shock.

This cannot be! This isn't real! a voice deep inside Vader's mind screamed. But then another was a calming, soothing voice. What reason would the Emperor have to lie about her death? Of course it's true! His wife was dead with the other's. The last of his old life with her. But their son... the boy was alive! Vader could feel his life inside the Force. Strong, and so powerful!

"Where is my son?" Vader dared to ask. "He survived the birth. I feel his presence inside the Force."

"Are you certain of this, Lord Vader? I spoke with the doctors themselves that took care of her, and t

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks, very much! :) I thought it would be interesting too to have Bail with an OC wife. I felt it would be interesting to see. :)

I hope you like this last post, too. :)

6. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wow! Good post ;)

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippee! A fellow Jimmy fan!!

:_| Poor Bail!! I can see why he verbally struck out at Obi and Padme! Poor man... all alone now! :( Obi and Padme didn't realize until he told them. Glad that they are going to stay with Bail. And Bail can have the sounds of children in his halls... even if they aren't his own. He can love them still :)

Ohhh this other chappie was GREAT! Poor Ani/Vader!! And he eventually comes to believe that too :_| ahhh man these last two chappies were tear jerkers!!

EXCELLENT work!! :D Totally loved it!!

(Now how did you sneak that other chappie in there w/o me a knowing? ;) hehehehehe)

8. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Yes, get 'im, Vader!! I'm glad he understood the truth now.. or at least I'm hoping so.
    Great posty!

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. Post coming shortly! :)

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The funeral ceremony passed by quickly for Princess Katrina Organa.
    Bail had stood alone, as the holy man gave, and offered prayers and thoughts, of a kind young woman that he had barely known. His mother, the former Queen, had sat three rows behind the Prince, as if to intentionally give him the space he needed that day.

It was a cold gesture, Padme Skywalker had thought to herself, as she stood alone with Obi-wan at the back of the room, listening to the holy man offer his kind, loving words.

The woman was of the old ways of the planet. It had only been ten years ago that Alderaan had dropped way the official monarchy government system, but had insisted that the Royal family bare their titles for a sense of honor, than rather for rule. It had also been when the death of Bail's father, Moriarty Organa, had sealed the fate of the Organa family forever.

With no King in power, the Queen lost all say over the government and the monarchy itself, meaning that the old Queen had lost everything with the death of her husband. She had to surrender her government seat to her only heir, making Bail the Viceroy of the System, as well as the Crown Prince.

It had been the best thing that had happened to Alderaan. Bail proved himself to be a great leader that cared for his people as his father had. Bail could lead his people where they should be; not under the boots of Palpatine.

"You're a difficult person to find."

Padme looked up from her seat by the windows of her bed chamber, to see Rose, Bail's wife's personal lady-in-waiting, about to hand her a glass of water and a small bowl of fruit. Padme took the items reluctantly, and sat the bowl in her lap, before drinking the water down gratefully. Rose then took the cup from her.

"You don't have to bring me things, Rose. That is not your station."

Rose smiled, and took a good look at the former Naboo Senator. She could see why the Prince had such high respect for her. She had a good, decent heart. That was rare to see in anyone that had the upbringing the Senator had while living on Naboo.

"Actually, your Jedi friend insisted that I bring this to you. He said that you hadn't left your rooms for several days, and that you should eat for your children's sakes."

"I have no where to go too, anymore," Padme whispered softly. "And with all the aides and handmaidens running around, looking after my children for me, I have no reason to leave these rooms at all." the last was released in a bitter, hard tone.

"You're angry, even hateful!" Rose noted.

"What?" Padme snapped, appalled. "You don't even know me, and you're naming my mood swings? How dare you!"

"I may not know you, my lady, but you never said that I was wrong, now did you?"

Padme scowled viciously now. She hated to be mocked, or teased. It reminded her too much of the early days of being Queen, where she had to fight to get people to listen to her because she was so very young then. Too young.

I think it was smart of them to elect you back into Office. You were a great Queen, Padme.[ They were proud to have you

Padme blinked away those daring thoughts of the past. He was the past. It was something she believed with all of her heart that she would never get used too.

Ani, I miss you!

"Don't cry, my lady, You're right, It's not my place to say."

Before Padme could tell Rose that she was happy for the encounter, the woman had gone as quickly as she had entered the room. She would thank the woman later.

---------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Palace, Coruscant.

The young cadet couldn't believe his luck this morning. He had been going on field maneuvers with his class, late for the days lessons, when to his utter shock, he had come across a distant looking Lord Darth Vader, standing in a glass corridor, looking out at the ruins that lay off in the distance of the Palace, with the city traffic blocking most of his view. The Dark Lord had seemingly not cared what so ever.

Vader was blocking his way, with his heavy black robes that to

11. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hmmmm.. good post, can't wait for more :)

12. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Vader is being very.. un-Vader-like.. I can almost imagine Anakin saying that. :)
    *waits for more*

13. marajade208

marajade208 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    Can't wait for more.
    UP!!! [face_cowboy]

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Bail... man will mourn for some time.

Padme... poor chit still thinking of Anakin :_|

Ahhh that is interesting! Vader meeting Piett for the first time ;) hehehe sending him to find info on Padme coooool. He's hurt? Hrmmm Hope he does fix himself up!

Great work once more! :D

15. Jedi_of_Imladris

Aug 14, 2004
    Yay, Piett is here! I've always liked him for some odd reason. Wow, I leave for a bit and new posts fly in! I'll have to check this more often so I don't miss any of the great story! I love everything you have written so far, especially the parts with poor Ani/Vader, I hope this means he isn't really evil. Keep it up!

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the replies, folks. I should have the next update ready, soon.

It's called:

Senator's Location :cool:

17. Ki-Adi-Matt

Ki-Adi-Matt Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2004
    excellent story it shows a sad side to Obi-Wan.

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Alderaan

Obi-Wan took in a breath of fresh air, as he sat down on the balacony outside his Suite, meditating his cares away with the Force. He found himself thinking on the past, of when he first met Anakin, and Padme. They had only been young then; mere children when he had first knew them on that fateful trip to Naboo, and then to Tatooine where they had met Anakin.

Now, over a decade later, Anakin was gone, leaving Padme alone with two Jedi children. It hadn't been like Anakin had been given a real choice. Obi-Wan made himself believe that it was because of the wounds he recieved by himself, that Anakin hadn't returned to his beloved wife on Naboo. That it was due to those injuries that he was pushed too far to ever return from the Dark Side.

Obi-Wan had seen how deeply Anakin's devotion to Padme had run before the war had begun in earnest. It had been then he had allowed his own support to Anakin's marriage, but they had been seperated before Obi-Wan could tell his old Padawan that. Anakin had been declared a Jedi Knight by the Council, and wisked away to the side of Palpatine before Obi-Wan could bat an eye.

Now, Anakin was gone, and he was left with the charge of seeing Anakin's family lived on, without the threat that Palpatine still posed to them. Palpatine, and Vader himself.

Obi-Wan wasn't sure what Vader would do, if confronted with Padme or the babies. He knew that Anakin would have never allowed them to come to any harm. But Vader, he was a creature that would do anything for his own means. Even if that meant killing the last hope for the galaxy.

Padme was begining to understand his fears. He had suspected that she had only left Naboo because he had been Anakin's master. But now the former Senator was seeing the dangerous threat that was ahead.

She would see it very soon, as the Force whispered to Obi-Wan that Vader was coming to Alderaan to find the former Senator.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"So what do you suggest that my people do?" Bail Organa demanded. "She is not my wife, so it is not my place to give her protection, Obi-Wan. I will not risk thousands of lifes that live in the capital alone, so that Vader's wife can hide here where she isn't wanted."

"Padme was your friend once, Bail. Doesn't that friendship mean anything to you now?"

"I've lost too much to care about old friendships, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I've lost the love of my life, and I have no remorse from any old friends of mine," sneered the Prince darkly.

"Katrina wouldn't want you to turn over Padme to the Empire. Can you honestly say that she would?" Obi-Wan argued.

The comment had touched a place deep inside the Prince where no one was allowed to go but himself. The wounds were still too fresh. He would speak about his Katrina with no one.

Shaking, the Prince turned to the Knight, and said:

"Don't you dare to even say her name to me. You're not worthy to breath the same air she did."

Obi-Wan, instead of giving another nasty retort, gave a sad smile instead. "I know you loved your wife, Bail. Everyone on Alderaan knew that. But please think of Anakin's wife now. If she is to survive, it will be because of your help. I cannot hide her in the Force from him forever. He has in fact already located her here, and is on his way."

Bail looked away, trying to think.

"And he will take her children away from her. He will take the Jedi children, and give them to his Emperor to do with as he pleases. Padme will die fighting him. You couldn't save your family Bail, but you can save this one. Send Padme into the provinces with Luke and Leia. It will be their only hope."

"Even that will only protect them so long," Bail replied warningly.

"Will it be done then?"

"It will be done." agreed Bail Organa.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Bail! :_| He can't help that he's drowning in his grief. Though I am glad that he's risking the chance to help Padme and the twins.

Glad to see Obi understands. :) But with Vader on his way... hrmmm Obi needs to hide himself or leave.

Great work! :D

20. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great chapter :)

21. Jedi_of_Imladris

Aug 14, 2004
    A beautiful post! It was really very good. Poor, poor Bail. Bad things always seem to happen to him. I hope everything turns out all right for them.
    Just wondering...what does the title mean?

Keep posting!

22. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Great post, although I feel sorry for Bail. Can't wait for an update.

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks, everyone. I just got a new PC. I'll be updating the Saga index tonight, but I hope to post soon here. :)

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Weee, I'm having fun with the new PC. I'll be updating soon! :D

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The air struck him like a cold, hateful friend. It was cool, damp even, with not even the hint of sunshine in the onset. That was how he remembered Alderaan. It was now different, of course. You could neither see the sunshine as it should be, or the perfect breeze that caresses the skin like a welcomed lover as you decent your ship for the first time.

Not trapped inbehind this black, iron mask.

He would soon be with the sunshine that he could have though. His sweet, gorgeous spouse. How he longed to be with her and hold her in his arms again. To hear her whisper words in his ear that were only intended for him to hear.

'Remain here with the Ship."

Piett stopped dead in his tracks and gave a look to Vader that spoke volumes of what Piett must think of his sanity right then. He likely had no idea what he was walking into with this meeting with Bail Organa; but he knew one fact that was the truth. It was what had got himself this far.

He would not leave Alderaan without her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now listen to mommy, you two. You are going on a trip. Rose is going to take you safely into the province of Theodore. There you will stay until Obi-Wan comes looking for you. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a good man and will see that you are cared for. Always trust him when you trust nothing else. He has proven to me that he has more than worthy of those words."

Leia, dressed in a pretty blue dress, her hair tied in a pink bow, seemed to consider Padme's words carefully. The child then reached up from the bed she was on, wanting to be picked up and held. Padme lifted her up and then sat back down beside her son. Luke was watching her with tear filled eyes, making him look extra sweet in the baby blue suit that he was dressed in which matched his eyes. Padme kissed his head, and hugged him close to herself and Leia.

"My lady, the Jedi would not agree to this. You were supposed to come with us into the province." Rose stated firmly.

Padme looked the woman in the eye and shook her head. "I'm tired of hiding. That will not be a lesson I teach my children."

"You will teach them nothing if you are dead."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He could hear him coming.

His footsteps carried on the outer corridor, heavy and thunderous, violent even. Bail Organa, dressed in his finest robes, sat calmly down into the chair behind his desk, and waited for his death to come.

The door opened with a crash, heavy wood smacking stone. "Where is the location of Senator Padme Amidala of Naboo? Tell me this now, and your life will be spared," thundered Lord Darth Vader, standing directly above the seated Prince who did not cower behind his desk to his credit. Instead, Bail gave his brave, charming best.

"Senator Amidala? Is this what the meeting is about Vader? A dead Senator? Everyone knows that Amidala died during the Clone Wars. She died during childbirth with the son of a Jedi."

Vader stared blankly at the Prince as if somewhere far away before responding.

"That will be the last lie you tell a soul," He then bellowed deeply, before breaking Organa's neck with the Force, shattering it whole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.