main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Good Idea at the Time-drabblish ficlets and other insanity featuring Kyp Durron

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Author Note: She doesn't know it and I haven't told her yet, but this thread is inspired by Lexilupin's 'Silly Drabble' thread. I have enjoyed reading it(not quite up to date) and have been a terrible Lurker. However, it does not diminish her highly entertaining ficlets featuring Kyp, Jaina, Jag, Zekk, and others. I have always enjoyed Kyp and have written a few vigs here and there.

I have also been away from the Star Wars fandom for a while and can see no better opprtunity to return other than to give Kyp more "air time". This thread with have related pieces and stand alones. The first three or four postings with being a story of its own. I hope you will enjoy it.

Approach

?Are you sure this is a good idea?? Zekk asked as he and Kyp approached the personal residence of Imperial Head of State, Jagged Fel. ?Jaina?s here. She?ll know we?re coming.?

Kyp rolled his eyes. ?She won?t know if we?re invisible, Zekk. As much as I?m sure you think she?s infallible, I happen to know that there are chinks in her goddess? armor.?

?No one has called her ?goddess? in years, Kyp,? Zekk replied with barely audible chuckle. ?But, it?s apparent you still see her as such.?

?Are we going to do this or not?? Kyp growled at the return barb.

?After you, Master,? Zekk said, indicating the wall the two Jedi would have to scale in order access the grounds.

When they landed on the other side of the wall, the two conspirators were bathed in the glaring white of a roving searchlight. Quickly jumping into the shadow of a nearby tree, Kyp pulled Zekk from view.

?I thought you said you did your research,? Kyp hissed. ?This place is lit up like a Life Day cake!?

?We knew there would be searchlights,? Zekk replied with a sigh. ?I just didn?t expect the entire network to be engaged.?

?Let?s just hope that the cameras aren?t on the same timing as the lights,? Kyp added.

?Unlikely,? Zekk replied. ?But we can always hope that the young soldier manning the video booth was taking a nap.?

?Unlikely,? Kyp retorted.

?No alarm has sounded.?

?Fair enough,? Kpy said, looking, again, at the spotlight array. ?I know Fel is security conscious, but I didn?t think he was paranoid.?

?You know what they say,? Zekk deadpanned. ?Being paranoid doesn?t mean they aren?t out to get you. Or something of the sort.?

?Uh?yeah,? Kyp answered, placating the former Sith.

?It is his personal residence. Perhaps, he?s expecting something.?

?You mean us?? Kyp said, incredulous.

?Not us. Something more serious.?

?Of course he?s expecting something,? Kyp replied with an edge of sarcasm. ?The Moffs haven?t tried to kill him this week.?

?I don?t think that?s it,? Zekk replied, seriously. ?This kind of security is more suited to a frontal assault.?

?No kidding,? Kyp added. ?You have a talent for stating the obvious. The Moffs aren?t limited to poisoning and bobby traps.?

?I am well aware of the Moffs capabilities,? Zekk said.

?This back and forth is fun. It really is. But if we?re going to get him there on time, we need to make the grab now.?

?Jaina is not going to like this,? Zekk said shaking his head.

?Wrong,? Kyp replied with a mischievous grin. ?Jaina just won?t like it at first. Let?s go.?

2. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    She does now!!! :D

?Of course he?s expecting something,? Kyp replied with an edge of sarcasm. ?The Moffs haven?t tried to kill him this week.?

Hahaha... a fair point, unfortunately...

?Jaina is not going to like this,? Zekk said shaking his head.

?Wrong,? Kyp replied with a mischievous grin. ?Jaina just won?t like it at first. Let?s go.?

I can't wait to see how that distinction plays out with Jaina... [face_laugh]

This should be fun, I look forward to more, and I just want you to know that you've made my night. [:D] Glad you've been enjoying the 'silly drabbles.'

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love those two getting inside and the banter.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great banter and Lexi's silly drabbles are a load of fun! But it was the bonus post that really really did it LOL!

Looking forward to the further prankings. :D !!

[face_mischief]

5. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This is priceless brodiew!! The banter between the them was hysterical!

I can't wait to see what happens next!! :D

~Celeste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.