main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A good way to put Padme in the classic trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ultimatejedi90, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultimatejedi90

ultimatejedi90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Okay everybody wants to see Padme in the old trilogy well if it were me here's how I would do it:

okay Leia walks up to vader in a new hope right before she starts talking he looks at her and scenes of padme from episode 1 2 3 come up like the scene where padme walks tothe camera in 1 before she says the thing about trusting a boy they don't know then the scene in 2 where padme is in the silk nightgown looking at anakin when he is meditating(she is beutiful in that scene) and finally some shot in episode 3 then we see vader shake his head

Empire strikes

when that guy walks in on vader without his mask on ok before he walks in the camera would move a little closer so we can see what vader is looking at it's a hologram of padme then the camera would zoom in on her then the mask would come down on vader then the same stuff happens

Return of the jedi
    after luke says'' then my father is truely dead'' then vaders goes lean over the bacony like he does in the movie but he says '' Padme what have I done''
    then later when Anakin dies the camera pans up into the skies and we see 19 year old anakin and 24 year old padme reunited again at last then they watch over their son.

so what did you guys think

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Nice ideas, but I honestly wouldn't want to see Padme in the CT. I think that adding her in flashback type things like that would change the overall style of the films, since there are currently no flashbacks.

IMO, Leia's reference in Return of the Jedi is enough. I think we're going to find out enough in Episode III (and her death, we can assume), and therefore do not need direct mention to her name.

For example, Qui-Gon was just as important to Obi-Wan as Padme was to Anakin, (just in a different way ;) ), but yet we are satisfied without having mention to him, although many people still do not seem to comprehend that Yoda could have been Obi-Wan's master too (...the younglings...) and want a reference, but still, I personally think it's fine how it is.

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I´m sorry, but: No. It wouldn´t fit at all.
    I don´t think Vader thinks about Padmé anymore. He has probably forced her out of his memory along with his true identity, to escape the pain. It´s possible that he starts thinking about her again during the latter part of ROTJ, but I don´t think she could be a ghost. We´ll see in EpIII what this ghost thing is about!

4. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Argghh.

UltimateJedi90, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but ...

... flashbacks of Padme on the Tantive IV? Look, Vader doesn't know Leia is his daughter, nor does she particularly resemble the former queen of Naboo. Why in the name of all that is holy would Vader have flashbacks of Padme in the midst of a crucial military strategic operation? And since when are flashbacks a feature of the STAR WARS films?

I'm sorry, too, young one, but these ideas--though imaginative--are patently out of place with the Saga.

5. Master_Sidious

Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    Okay everybody wants to see Padme in the old trilogy ...

NO THEY DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    The only one I think would even work feasibly would be your ESB scenario where Vader is looking at a hologram of her in a moment of reflection. The other ways, while inventive, would be too hamfisted on the part of the filmmakers; pointless insert shots where none are needed. The SE's gave us enough of those already.

7. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Okay everybody wants to see Padme in the old trilogy

RIGHT......................................

8. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Okay everybody wants to see Padme in the old trilogy

I don't. I really don't think Vader thinks about Padmé anymore, at least not until he's dying (see the ROTJ novelization).

9. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I don't want to see Padme in the CT.

As for the ROTJ idea, how can Padme be a ghost if she is not a Jedi? The only one that is plausible in my opinion is the ESB one and I hope that Lucas does not decide to do that.

10. Darth-Vengence

Darth-Vengence Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I think the idea of adding Padme as a hologram picture that Vader is looking at in ESB is a great idea. It would show that Vader is still human, and that he still feels emotion toward his lost love.

Also, I think Padme would fit in good at the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ.

But that's it, no more Padme than that. I don't think we should get blasted with Padme in the OT, it should be a mystery, and intriguing, so just those two shots, I think.

11. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Okay everybody wants to see Padme in the old trilogy well if it were me here's how I would do it

I don't. She doesn't belong there. Period.

The CT is fine the way it is. Sure it could use some touch-ups on the graphics but that's it as far as I'm concerned.

12. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I personnally dont want to see her in the OT, but if we do I think your ideas are great!

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I like the idea of the holo. That'd be cool.

14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Look, Vader doesn't know Leia is his daughter

PPOR! :p

Hali "Believes Vader knows Luke and Leia's identites all along until contradicted in the movies" But

15. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    There is no good way to put Padme into the OT.

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I lived for 20 years not knowing who Padme was, so I'd rather not have her messing around in the OT now. 8-}

17. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I completely agree.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Not to mention the fact that it trivializes Vader's character to make it seem like he's just an older version of lovesick Anakin who never got over Padme and never developed an adult set of morals, either. The way Vader is now, we can at least sympathize with the fact that his old life was completely lost to him and altered the person he was.

19. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    that would make it too much like the film making style used godfather part II. it worked well for that movie, but it wouldnt click with me in star wars.

20. Darth-Vengence

Darth-Vengence Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I agree. I don't like the idea of any flashbacks or anything. Just maybe a holo image of her in ESB, and her in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ.

21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I say no Padme in any form in the OT.

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    and her in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ.

She would have absolutely no place in that scene.

1. She's not a Jedi, so no ghost can she be.

2. Luke has no idea who she is. He doesn't even know the name, Padme. He has no connection to her. The people in that scene are all people Luke has a strong, emotional bond with. His Mentors, his father. She doesn't belong in that group.

23. V Wing Fighter Pilot

V Wing Fighter Pilot Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    Okay everybody wants to see Padme in the old trilogy ...

NO THEY DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master_Sidious I couldnt have put it better myself...

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Slightly off-topic: What does "PPOR" mean?

25. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    Remember this, There are no flashbacks in Star Wars! None.

Only memories, people's thoughts. Those go in the novels, which need to be updated anyway.

The only strategy that works from the suggested three is the ESB senario.

And I wouldn't make it too obvious that is Padme at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.