A Good Weekend

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by xdarthsmithiousx, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    It was a great weekend, doing the promotion for the theatre. I had an incredible time, and would like to thank everyone for making it so much fun. I really appreciate the Galaxy theatre for choosing our chapter to do the sabre fights/promotion and for letting us see ep.3 in digital....and for the free dinner/hotel rooms/etc. For those who didn't get to see it, Derek will be putting up a link to video of some of the fighting, so I am excited about that. I would also like to say that Cheryl did a great job photographing us all, and Barry and Charles did an awesome job at their fight. My head is still a little sore from hitting it on the floor when I was slayed by the Jedi Librarian(future snow queen, hahaha). All in all it was a great time and I thank ALL of you for making it so awesome.-Smithious

PS- Are we(the members NOT going to Comic-Con) going to practice on Thursday or Saturday, and where??
  2. derekm001 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, the event was a success. And I agree with Jerry, E3 in Digital was AWESOME. I WANT MY HDTV now. :cool:

You where correct MotherPalpatine with respect to the fights that took place. All participants did an awsome job. And a special CUDO's to our SITH vs JEDI who only learned their routine last week and only practiced a few times, yet performed like pro's. ;)

The VADER vs OBI-WAN and DOOKU vs ANAKIN(VADER) where exceptional. Their skill is unmatched. I personally felt a bit out of place not fighting, but someday I will get my chance. (That's if I can overcome my stage fright.)

I was will be posting a TREAT (Video) hopefully tomarrow of the SITH vs JEDI fight. So keep watch... :D

-Derek
  3. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    indeed. the jedi vs. sith fight was one of the peak highlights of my day... you guys were awesome, putting that together and mastering it in such a short time... it blew me away.

now, then. make it longer... the professional audience wants MORE.

4. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    it was a real blast hanging out with y'all on saturday, for the first major group outing of the New Harmonious Empire (oxymoron much? what do you call a fighting group that can actually get along? i have no frame of reference for this) i think it went very well. all were eventually present, with the exception of <deep breath> Golda, Supreme Grand Keeper of the Secret Decorder Ring Doweger Empress Queen Mother Power behind the Throne Mystical Bearer of the Black Sith Heart Extrodinary CR, for Life. amazing to have so many of us present in costume, and all clean and pressed so as not to offend :rolleyes:

and who was the coolest thing (in wool) ever??? Boba. The. Fett. you looked fantastic! and to stay in that all day...? big ones, better you than me. ;)

Fearless Leader? looked great, fought great, posed great ( :D ) in spite of not feeling great. extra-special thanks for amusing the photographer on the DDR game.

The Count was present and graciously died for our viewing pleasure, again.

greg, it was way cool to see you in costume and fighting. you get so very...focused. (or do you just look so intense because you're not wearing glasses and can't see?) :p

josh, you know how incredibly proud of you i am, but i'm sure it's good to hear it one more time. thank you for risking heat prostration again for us.

tarah... you looked MAHvelous. nice to see you in something that isn't freaking PINK! thank you for risking exposure for us.

to the (new)er members of our gang, so glad you could make it! spencer, liz, jerry and derek, so pleased we could be there together. your enthusiasm is an inspiration, your costume is great, and your fight is the bomb. =D=

it was wicked cool to be invited to perform for the theatre chain again, and all i can say is that star wars is FABULOUS in digital. i very much regret not staying for the whole movie, but didn't want to wreck and die on the way home, taking the wookiee with me.

5. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Right before we left, the lady from the theatre told all of us that we can come back and watch "The Island"(Ewan Mcgregor movie) in digital next month for free. Actually, she also said,"Ccome back to the theatre as my guests anytime", so that was nice of them. I agree with Cheryl, everyone did an amazing job. I was really porud of everyone, especially when our group took over the mall for the afternoon.
  6. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad that things went so well. The Count stopped by the Cambridge Palace last night to tell me about the trip. He was very pleased with our group and was happy about how things worked out for us. He said that he met several people at the Mall that were interested in finding out more about us, including a trio from the 501st.

He agrees that RotS in digital is something to see and I may attempt to talk him in to taking me after ComicCon, etc.

For those friends who visit our boards but have no clue as to what we are talking about I shall explain. Before the opening of RotS we did about two weeks worth of promo work for the Galaxy Theatre in Tulare. The main office was so impressed with what we were able to do for a small town theatre that they requested our group go up to Riverbank, Ca. to do a little promo for their new digital projector and showing of Revenage of the Sith in digital. (I'm not sure but I have been told that this is the only Digital projector between S.F. and L.A.) The Galaxy Theatre 12 was kind enough to provide us with Hotel rooms and dinner at the Flick's (sp) resturant plus I guess breakfast Sunday morning.

We were also invited back to watch RotS and The Island in digital. That is very kind and I would like to thank the managers and Corprate managers for all they did for our group.

For a few this was their first sabre performance before an audience and I am very proud. I also understand that Spencer made a great Han Solo. Good work. And Boba, great job. I'm impressed.

One other thing; How did a Jedi Libarian beat a Sith? A LIBARIAN!!!

>>Going off in a slump to ponder how this could have happened.<<

7. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
  8. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^^^GRRRR

>> greg, it was way cool to see you in costume and fighting. you get so very...focused. (or do you just look so intense because you're not wearing glasses and can't see?) <<

HAHA. man, i laughed out loud on that one and Jerry was like, "what? what?" that's exactly what jerry does. (for those of you who don't know, he has really poor vision, and doesn't like wearing glasses, etc.)

yes, actually, i pointed the Count in the direction of the trio from the 501st after they came up and talked to jerry, josh and myself. they were like, "are you guys here promoting something??" and i could tell from their tone of voice that they were friendly, and not about to give the typical, "har har, i'm a funny guy, and i'm going to harass the SW nerds so my friends think i'm cool," performance, so i explained what we were doing and all and they were like all excited. then one of them asked, "have you ever heard of the 501st?" and i was like, "of course i have!" and they were all, "yeah, we're part of that. this is so weird, like an out of body experience, cuz usually we're the ones doing stuff like this, we've never been out somewhere and seen someone else that wasn't with us, doing this!" i felt special. [face_dancing]

also, when i happened out to purchase some jedi ice cream, i lamely got the notion to say to the cashier, "you will accept republic credits" (sweeping hand motion included). she looked at me pretty weird, then kind of chuckled. but then, what MADE my day, was this cute little guy of asian descent sprung out of the kitchen and said, in his very BEST Watto voice, "your jedi mind tricks don't work here, ONLY money!!" (finger pointing and shaking included).

i will quickly reiterate the feelings of everyone else and mention how impressed i was with everyone's costumes and enthusiasm, great job guys!!! =D=

and lastly, IN DEFENSE OF MY HONOR, a JEDI LIBRARIAN can be quite a formidable foe!!! after all, the pen IS mightier than the, er, saber. i hadn't actually planned on looking like the librarian, it just sort of happened...

and look, in a marriage, eventually SOMEONE has to win the power struggle. i think it's pretty darn clear who the victor is in this case...
  9. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    I let the Librarian slay me only because I wanted to give her a small ounc of joy before Anakin invades the Jedi temple, killing her and everyone else....so the joke's on you...hehehehe
  10. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    --amazing to have so many of us present in costume, and all clean and pressed so as not to offend -- :rolleyes:

OUCH!!!

You show much promise if the ways of the Darkside. I guess putting on the Helmet did you some good.

Golda
  11. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2

>> greg, it was way cool to see you in costume and fighting. you get so very...focused. (or do you just look so intense because you're not wearing glasses and can't see?) <<

It was acting!! Magnificent! Thank You!!(Except that I was still playing the 'Random Jedi' who gets his butte kicked by Vader, and not Obi-Wan). Since the whole Obi-Wan thing didn't actually cross my mind until after I saw what I looked like in costume. Josh and I switched the ending at the last minute to reflect that. If I'd known ahead of time I would have played it much more calm and focused. Oh well, next time.

And by the way, I have internet access again! Due to big feet and bad plug placement I have been without for a week-and-a-half. Internet is good. No internet BAAAD!

Saturday was a blast, especially with nearly everybody there, except that I noticed the bad guys got ALL the attention. What's a good guy to do? ;)
  12. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    >>what's a good guy to do?<<

Come to the Darkside, of course. Then you to will be popular and get cookies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.