main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~A Graying Rose~ *The Tale of Two Lovers* AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT 8/1 Vacation till Sunday!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    ~A Graying Rose~

~*~

Credits: Thanks to George Lucas for my main characters, and to my friends that introduced me to Star Wars.

Genres: Drama and Romance

Summary: An investigator comes to list the death of a man who lived in secret with his wife for over twenty years. But what he finds there is more than just a grave...there is a story to the life of this man. Brought to living color by a (at first) reluctant aging woman, the epic tale of a hero is brought to full justice. There is an elegant weave to this story that makes it come alive for everyone who has wondered for years about the occupants of the gray tower on the edge of another world. But will the legend die with the hero?

Characters: Decide for yourself! It could be any Jedi. But I do have one in mind... We'll just call them the woman, the man, and Milo, an investigative journalist.

~*~

I have used the song "Kiss From a Rose" by Seal. I have no rights to this song.

Reflect on this before you read...

"Kiss From A Rose"

There used to be a greying tower alone on the sea.
    You became the light on the dark side of me.
    Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.

But did you know,
    That when it snows,
    My eyes become large and
    The light that you shine can be seen.
    Baby,
    I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave.
    Ooh,
    The more I get of you,
    The stranger it feels, yeah.
    And now that your rose is in bloom.
    A light hits the gloom on the grave.

There is so much a man can tell you,
    So much he can say.
    You remain,
    My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby
    To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.
    Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?

But did you know,
    That when it snows,
    My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.
    Baby,
    Ooh, the more I get of you
    Stranger it feels, yeah
    Now that your rose is in bloom.

I've been kissed by a rose on the grave,
    I've been kissed by a rose
    I've been kissed by a rose on the grave.

...And if I should fall along the way
    I've been kissed by a rose
    ...been kissed by a rose on the grave.

There is so much a man can tell you,
    So much he can say.
    You remain
    My power, my pleasure, my pain.
    To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny, yeah
    Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?

But did you know,
    That when it snows,
    My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.

Baby,
    The stranger it feels, yeah
    Now that your rose is in bloom,

Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave
    The stranger it feels, yeah
    And now that your rose is in bloom

Now that your rose is in bloom,

~*~

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    looks good Aymber. I've always really liked that song as well, so this should be interesting :) hurry up and post!

3. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Can't wait to see what this story entails...soon?

~*Whisper*~

4. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Ohhhhhhhh...................I hope it is pleasepleaseanakinandtahirificpleaseplease! anyways I look forward to Chapter 1. Oh, if ya need a beta, pm me!

5. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    YK: Always glad to hear you approve.

J_W: Welcome! So glad to have another reader!

TVS69: Looks like you're as obsessed as I am with the A/T pairing. I hated it when I found out that Anakin died. Of course this is an A/T? Ask anyone: what else COULD I write? Glad to have you.

I believe that Chapter 1 will be up either tonight or tomorrow. I hope you will all be readers throughout the story! I'm looking foward to this greatly.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

6. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Yay! New stuff...postie soon!

7. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Hey Pulsar! Nice to have you back. Post tomorrow! Chapter 1: The Ivory Tower.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

8. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Looking good, Ambyr. :)

Though, I already know who it's about, since you told me. ;)

9. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Looking good, Ambyr

*blushes* Thanks.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

10. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    I meant the story, not you. Duh. 8-}

Or maybe I meant you and the story both? ;)

11. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    I knew you meant the story. I was blushing with pride. Duh.

lol, you're so fun, Whitey.

I'll be posting the chapter in a little while. I'm just so busy!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

12. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Chapter 1: The Ivory Tower

I remember the very first time I laid eyes on Ivory Tower. The looming, grayish structure could be seen from a few miles away, and I was spellbound by the mysterious aura of it all. It was early winter, almost time for the first snow of the season. The pale sun lingered over the dead grass-what there was of it. Here on Sero, a man-made satellite of Hoth, we?re used to this kind of thing. Thirty-five degree weather is a phenomenon.

There were still brown patches of ivy that were sprawling out from the tower. It had wound itself around the building for years, and now was making its way out into the sloping hillside that surrounded the square tower on three sides. On the northern-facing side of the structure was the Enova Sea, a violent body of water with green waves and foaming tides that lapped the foundation of Ivory Tower. Ominous clouds overhead indicated the coming wrath of an approaching storm. The wind was picking up, and it whipped my chocolate-brown hair roughly on my face so I could barely see where I was headed. I was also getting severely irritated by the fact that I?d been assigned some lame story about the death of an old man. As it turns out, I?ve never enjoyed a story more in my entire life.

Apologies, friend. I forgot to introduce myself. The name?s Milo. Milo Dwyer. I?ve been an investigative journalist since I was twenty. You don?t need to know how long ago that was. When I interviewed the Sero Shadow Woman, I was twenty-six. I was impatient and tetchy, and I thought I was ready for the big-time.

As I got closer to the base of Ivory Tower, I could see the wavy gray hair of the Shadow Woman as she gazed out into the mist from her window. I didn?t worry about the death of her husband; I wanted the information and then I wanted out. I needed to get home before the snowstorm unleashed itself on the satellite.

I parked the speeder about five feet from the tombstone of the deceased Jedi. I knew little of their ways, and, to put it frankly, I didn?t care. I scribbled down the statistics given on the marker onto my handheld processor.

Prepared to leave the creepy-feeling area and simply make up a story about two mad lovers that committed suicide to please the people, I turned to leave. That was when I saw her up-close for the first time. That was when I saw that she needed someone. That was when I saw that there was a story to be told. And I was just the one to tell it.

~*~

R&R! Love ya.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

13. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    wow! nice start.
    i really like the story so far.
    great post, i can't wait for more!

14. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Ambyr, it looks good, sorry I stopped reading your other story, I was just trying to do to much at one time. Post the next part soon.

15. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    umm, one question. how did you know i was reading your story?

16. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Wow! I have replies! *hugs those that replied*

JSS19: Thanks for reading. I'm excited to be writing this fic, it should be surprising!

Dev: sorry I stopped reading your other story, I was just trying to do to much at one time No worries! Thanks for reading this one.

J200015: I saw you on my last fic, so I sent you a PM about this one. Hope you don't mind.

Chapter 2 soon! Thanks, everyone!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

17. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    wow, beautiful descriptions, Amybr. I could really picture the tower, and I think it's neat you went with the first person narrative. My guess is the gray haired woman is Tahiri, and the dead Jedi is Anakin. The story will be Tahiri telling this reporter about her relationship with Anakin and what happened to him. :) Am I warm?

Prepared to leave the creepy-feeling area and simply make up a story about two mad lovers that committed suicide to please the people

Who is this guy, Jayson Blair? :p

only complaint, this is way too short!!!!! post again soon, please :)

18. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Most impressive...

*hacks and coughs*

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lovely evocation, Ambyr. I like the sound of the investigator, too - kind of sounds like a cynical romantic. :)

I also like the legend-like mood with the tower and the social isolation of the characters. Great atmosphere.

20. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post, Ambyr.

I like how it's told in 1st person. It really allows you get more in-depth on a characters emotions.

And I agree with Yoda. Definately seems like Anakin and Tahiri. But didn't you say you were going to do a Han and Leia story? Or am I confusing you with someone else? :confused:

21. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Ambyr_Rose: you're fourteen?! Yikes! :eek:

And is it giving anything away to say that this is included in your profile under "A/T Fictions"? :p

- The Imperial Ewok

22. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Author Replies!

YK: I liked the idea of a 1st person point of view myself. It seemed more like a reporter would tell something. Jayson Blair! Lol, no, Milo is his name-o. I hope you like the characters. I know, it sounds like an A/T... I'm glad you could picture the scenery...that's what I was going for.

Am I warm? You're warm, alright... But I'll never tell!

only complaint, this is way too short!!!!! [face_blush] That's so nice of you to say! I'll have more as soon as possible.

a_r: Good to see you! Do you have a cold? I'm glad it's impressive, anyway.

Tahi: Lovely evocation, Ambyr. Thanks! I worked on it for all of twenty minutes, and I was worried it wouldn't be much good. But you liked it! Hooray!

I like the sound of the investigator, too - kind of sounds like a cynical romantic. Wow, you sure can read my characters well. He'll become less cynical, though...just wait till we get started on her background! Thanks for the great compliments.

Whitey: I like how it's told in 1st person. It really allows you get more in-depth on a characters emotions. Wow, you guys really seem to like that! I'll have to do more of this...Glad you're enjoying it!

And I agree with Yoda. Definately seems like Anakin and Tahiri. But didn't you say you were going to do a Han and Leia story? Or am I confusing you with someone else? It could be A/T...like I said, I'll never tell! Or maybe I will. hehehe! I did want to do an H/L...I love confusing readers. Plot Twists!

Thrawn: *Does the New Reader Dance like her Twin* Glad to have you!

you're fourteen?! Yikes! Is that bad? What did I do?? I'm almost 15...

And is it giving anything away to say that this is included in your profile under "A/T Fictions"? Don't tell them that! *kicks the Imperial Ewok playfully in the shin*

~*~

Thanks for reading, everyone! I'm so happy that all of you are reading! *passes out "I'm a Reader" stickers and choclate* Speaking of chocolate, Whitey...lol! Chapter 2: Elle...Coming Soon!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

23. Master_Ponta

Master_Ponta Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    Awesome job, Ambyr!

This is going to be good. :)

24. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    M_P: Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

25. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    :D I'm already excited about this one! I can't wait to read more, you know how much I love your fics!

Thanks for the new story Ambyr!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.