main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~A Graying Rose~ *The Tale of Two Lovers* AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT 8/1 Vacation till Sunday!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    AMBYR!!!!! *sigh* I hope she comes back soon too

Fireyforce

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Threatens to start singing opera if Ambyr doesn't come home soon.::

3. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    NOOOOO!!!! AMBYR, PLEASE, SAVE US FROM OPERAISHY!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe ya'll have held out for so long!! I'm back, if for a little while. school's been so hectic and insane...then i lost my password and couldn't retrieve it. How are you all?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    *rubs eyes in disbelief*

Is it really her? :eek:

:p

Welcome back, Ambyr :) :D

6. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    AMBYR!!!!:eek: You're back! You're alive!!! *hugs* :D We missed you! I hear the whole school thing, ugh so glad it's summer.

Fireyforce

7. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Up until I can post!!

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    OMG! YOU'RE NOT DEAD!

9. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Can you believe it? Spread the word, guys...Ambyr's back, and better than ever.

10. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Chapter 34: The Awakening

"Come on, Jaya-how did you know?"

Jaina set her vibrant yellow suitcase on the study's pull-out couch and headed to the adjoining bathroom to flaunt her hair to the mirror. Tahiri tapped her foot, adorned with a pink fuzzy bedroom slipper-only because it was so cold, of course. She'd never give in to the prospect of socks.

"Oh, alright. I knew about Leyhiko Gale through my premonition, but I did also know that Jag had a serious thing for you-and I had a little something for Kyp myself. We were splitting up, but I knew that he'd volunteer himself to fight, so I needed a way to keep him safe. I wasn't in love with Jag, but I still cared about his well-being. I guess I kind of manipulated the situation-and you-to fit my plans."

"Well, if it's one thing you've always been good at, it's showing remorse." Tahiri snorted.

"I really am sorry, Tahiri," the older woman said, grasping Tahiri's shoulders in a powerful manner. "I shouldn't have taken the liberty of planning out everyone's lives. I guess the whole 'Goddess' thing went to my head. I ended up ruining lives, Tahiri. It's something I'll always have to live with." Jaina hid her brilliantly bleached teeth with a rare frown, dropping her hands from the shoulders of her sister-in-law. Tahiri's mouth twitched as she shifted her gaze back up to Jaina's face.

"You had your heart in the right place." She offered.

"No, I really didn't. If I'd been wise, I'd have told Uncle Luke about it. But, once again, I thought I had control of the situation...think about it. I basically had a hand in ending the era of the Jedi. I alone am responsible for countless deaths of good, honest people. I sent them on a suicide mission; but it wasn't suicide. It was murder!"

Jaina sat on the edge of the latrine, flinging off her high heels and letting her face fall into manicured hands. Just as Tahiri reached down to try and calm the troubled soul, Jaina rose up in fiery anger. Picking up a shoe, she brushed right past Tahiri.

Stomping outside, the headstrong woman fumed. The ice on her bare feet barely phased her as she strode into icy cold winds. Her hair was whipped into her eyes and all around her face, but Jaina ignored desperate calls from Tahiri. The snow began to bite at her ankles as she continued towards the beach, but she had gone too far to turn back now.

"Jaya, you can't!"

Jaina turned to face the tower, laced in the incoming fog. "Watch me!"

She reached her brother's grave. "This is for you, Anakin. You're my little brother, and I hate that I missed your life. But this I sware; your suffering might've been in vain, but mine is brought on by my own actions. I left you to die- but I won't leave you now that you're dead. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she gasped, hot breath dying in the freezing air. "I'm sorry!"

Tahiri reached the grave in chilling agony. "I heard what you said, Jaya, and I'm certain he did, too. But this can all be said tomorrow, preventing further frostbite. Come inside, please, before the storm comes in."

"I can't. This will be settled tonight." She said, and ran towards the ocean.

"No!"

Jaina stopped when she felt the first wave of freezing water's grasp on her bare feet. Then her Solo determination devoured the pain.

"This one's for Anakin! I probably killed him, too." And with that, she threw her show into the raging waters.

Tahiri's eyes widened in horror. "Durron, do you realize what you've just done?"

Jaina looked up into the night sky. The three moons were aligned, and were beginning to attain a reddish hue. "Oh....my....Force."

"I'll wake him. We've got to get out of here."

~*~

Well? R&R, please! I've missed you guys!

*Ambyr-Rose*

11. Angharad_Crale

Angharad_Crale Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2005
    What'd she do, what'd she do???? Come on, Ambyr! Please? Tell us!!!

(defines prior line as plead for more)

Angharad

P.S.-Hey.....I got first post...what do you know...first time that's ever happened!

12. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Woohoo!! My readers are back!

Don't worry, Angharad, there will be more to come! And as to what she's done...only time will tell...congrats on first post!

I'm back to my sneaky self...

*Ambyr-Rose*

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Good to see Jaina showing remorse (how did she doom the Jedi exactly), but she seems to be acting hastily. And what did she just do exactly? I see you haven't lost your skill at leaving readers confused and wanting more :p Good to have back, Ambyr :) Great post :D

14. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Don't you worry, YK. All will be revealed. Jaya's got some 'splainin to do! And so does Tahiri. And don't forget our good friend Milo.

*Ambyr-Rose*

15. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, you've left us as confused as a 15 year old trying to understand Shakespeare when half asleep. :p *glares at Julius Caesar on his desk*

What'd Jaina do? Why's Tahiri where fluffy pink slippers? Where's Milo!?!

16. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Ambyr!!! :D [:D] I knew you would return! I knew it! :p

And I see that you still hold the title of Queen of the Plot Twist. Here's hoping for more soon: @};-

17. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    I guess you guys might want to ead back a chapter...or four. I certainly had to!

Dev_Binks: All in due time, my dear friend. I think the pink slipper question is answered in the post, though...[face_thinking] Milo? He's asleep-he went to bed in tha last chapter.

WHITEY!!!!!! I am so pleased to see your name in my thread again. A rose? [face_blush] It's all coming back to me...[face_love]

More soon! I'll write a SUPER long postie when I hit 1000!!

*Ambyr-@};- *

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! Ambyr's back, back again.
    Ambyr's back, tell a friend. ;)

Cool post - silly old Jaina does the drama queen thing well. I love the image of Tahiri in her fluffy slippers. :) But - hmmmm - what does a shoe have to do with moons in conjunction and Anakin? So good to have you posting again.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Whoa, intense.

20. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    WHITEY!!!!!! I am so pleased to see your name in my thread again. A rose? It's all coming back to me...

[face_blush] It is good to see you alive, Your Majesty. :p

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Am I the only one who's really happy to see Ambyr & Whitey back together?

22. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Thank you for the comments, all! I still dearly appreciate the fact that you all came back to read my fic again. :) I almost teared up seeing you guys again! It's been far too long. I caught sickness after sickness with my weakened immune system(due to a fight with mono) and schoolwork just kept piling on...but now, after a two-week vacation and a summer I can actually devote to writing, I'm hoping to get back in the groove! It shouldn't stop for such a long period EVER AGAIN!! I missed writing so much! Even more, I missed you, my friends. You continue to impress, amaze, and inspire me. [face_love]

A post later tonight, perhaps?

*Ambyr-Rose*

23. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    YK: It's just you! :p

Ambyr-Rose: It is you!! It is!! :D [face_laugh] [:D] [face_dancing]

Another great post!! :D

(But do you ever write sane people? :p)

[:D] Welcome back! [face_dancing]

I missed this 'fic!!

- The Imperial Ewok

24. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Thrawn! You're back, too? This is wonderful. I do write sane characters-they'll seem pretty sane after you find out the truth. Think about it. Could you be Tahiri in this situation? I think not. But, anyway, I am glad to see you and hear from you again!

*Ambyr-Rose*

25. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    I am extremely happy the two resident broom closet residents are back together! My murderer and one of my favourite writers back together, I get a tear in my eye. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.