main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~A Graying Rose~ *The Tale of Two Lovers* AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT 8/1 Vacation till Sunday!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Oh, please. The innocent little "O:)" doesn't phase me.

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Methinks Yoda needs the proverbial charts and diagrams. ;)

Sweet post, Ambyr. :) Ah for what could have been.
    [sighs]

3. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    *heads out for the charts and diagrams*

And Ambyr can you tell us what happens next?[face_peace]

4. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    I can! But later, as I'm off to a pool party. :p

5. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hurray! An update....what a wonderful thing to come back to after a few days of being away. And what a lovely chapter....I do love A/T...*sigh*[face_love]

6. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    A little up...sorry for the lack of postage...my mom decided I should clean out the closets instead of having some alone time, and the family made a surprise visit. I'll make it up to you all.

*A-R*

7. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    This deserves a good up.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This deserves another chapter. Let's see if we get one.

9. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Don't worry, Ish, Ambyr will get around to it eventually.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I know. She somehow does, every...6 months?

11. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    Hey now! But, this time, Ish, I do NOT have an excuse. I was just doing what I wanted because I forgot about my wonderful, faithful, dedicated readers...Shame on me.

In fact...I'll dedicate this next chapter to Ish, my "I'll light a fire under Ambyr's ass, alright." motivator.

Chapter 36: A Departure and a Discovery

I awoke in a hot sweat. The surrounding sheets stuck to my legs and arms as I fought to surface. Remembering my last vision, I lept from the bed with a small shudder of distaste. I turned to the door quickly as Tahiri and her frazzled gray curls burst in, holding a candle for a light source. It was bright enough.

"Milo! I'm sorry but-" she gasped. I interrupted by putting a hand on my hip.

"You had that dream, too, didn't you? I knew it! I think I'm scarred for life! Did you honestly think I needed to see that? All these visions with you and this Anakin fellow are pretty interesting, and I heard Jaina ask if you were testing me with these vision things, and I demand to know this instant what you are up to!"

"Just like a reporter. You never realize when a real emergency is occurring right outside your bedroom window. Pack essentials. We need to leave, and now."

"What? Why?" This was certainly a jump: Wedding night Tahiri to Frenzied Tahiri. What on Sero was she talking about?

"I'll explain later."

"Oh, like I haven't heard that one before."

"Right now, we're in grave danger."

"C'mon now, you can do better than that." I sarcastically replied. It was returned with a sharp glare.

I lit a few candles for some light to gather my items by, fumbling around because I couldn't remember where I put my shoes. As I reached under the bed, my fingers encountered something cold and shaped like a cylinder. It was some sort of canister, but by the looks of the thing it didn't hold much. There was a button on the side, which I figured popped the thing open. No time to worry about it now. I pocketed the container. It could come in handy.

I heard Tahiri calling from below and I hastily blew out the candles. Racing down the steps, I left the secrets of the Sunset Room behind.

~*~

R&R!

Love you guys!!

*A-R*

12. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    I owe you guys another chapter, don't I?

Chapter 37: A Violet Light

Jaina Durron was waiting in her ship, Trickster IV. Tahiri and I dashed across the snowy land, away from Ivory Tower, a beacon in the night. Waving my hand, I gestured for her to board before me.

"After you, no time for formalities!" she yelled over howling winds.

Jaina yanked me on board, and I hastened to strap myself in. I hate flying, and that night I believe is the only night I didn't mentally prepare myself for flight-I was screaming.

Don't give me that look. Men scream. Sometimes. I can admit that.

For as Tahiri cautiously boarded the ship, something vile and horrid latched onto her arm with a paralyzing, dreadful noise.

Tahiri's eyes widened in horror, and I undid my restraints frantically. The thing shrieked and moaned with souless eyes as I began hitting it with all my might. I was losing, however, because the creature was climbing up her back to get to me. Removing the canister from my pocket, as it was harder than my fists, I accidentally pressed the button.

I heard a distinct snap-hiss, and then a buzzing noise as a violet beam of light came forth from the cylinder. (See, I knew it would come in handy.) A lightsaber! I knew what these did.

Like it was second nature, I stabbed the creature with the blade violently and rapidly. It released Tahiri with a moan. I deactivated the lightsaber as Tahiri fell into my arms. Jaina, already in the pilot's chair, was ready to go. I felt the craft rise and tightened my grasp on Tahiri. She pulled herself away for a second to look into my eyes.

"My son." she whispered. "My darling son."

~*~

How's that?

13. Angharad_Crale

Angharad_Crale Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2005
    Wahahahahah! (pumps fist in air and does great post dance)

(freezes and begins to blush, realizing other people can see her)

Ah-hem. Sorry.

Great post, Ambyr! I'm thrilled! :D

Angharad

14. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh very good! Is Tahiri delusional? Or is he actually her son like we've suspected for a while now? o_O

15. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003

Dev: Oh very good! Is Tahiri delusional? Or is he actually her son like we've suspected for a while now? Who knows?

Where are all my readers??? :_|

Angharad: Wahahahahah! (pumps fist in air and does great post dance) *bows* Thanks! (freezes and begins to blush, realizing other people can see her) lol, it's cool! I'll even join in! I'm glad you're thrilled.

More to come if I can ever get everyone to get over here...I dedicate the thread to Ish and even she doesn't show...geez...many thanks to Angharad and Dev, though!

*Ambyr-Rose*

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hahaha...ahahaha...ahahahahahahaha...

Okay, yeah, appropriate choice of dedication with all that angst. Great!

17. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    What the- What was that thing? What's going on?! :eek:

And she told him! :D

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    "My son." she whispered. "My darling son."

Well, I had a feeling about that going way back... unless Tahiri is delusional following the attack :p And what was it that was attacking her? This is getting so strange, I have no idea what's going on anymore, and yet I want another post :p

Great work, Ambyr :)

19. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    :eek: OMG!! AMBYR that was fantastic! What the heck did Jaina start? More soon?

Fireyforce

20. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    I have this crazy insane craving to post...but I know that if I make posting a habit people are going to want more and more posting and Ish will be on my case more than she already is...but how would that be possible?? lol idk, we'll see how I feel after some...

Reader Replies!!

Ish: Hahaha...ahahaha...ahahahahahahaha... What's so funny? [face_thinking]

Okay, yeah, appropriate choice of dedication with all that angst. I thought so. :p

Great! Thanks!

Whitey!: What the- What was that thing? What's going on?! You'll see! :D

And she told him! lol Maybe...

YK: Haha I love those colors... Well, I had a feeling about that going way back... unless Tahiri is delusional following the attack Have I ever been straight-forward with hints about anything?? No. But this time...anyways if you're thinking Tahiri is delusional, you are like the Harry/Hermione shippers...AKA(since you are not a fan :p) you would be considered delusional yourself. 8-}

And what was it that was attacking her? You'll have to wait and see like everyone else...unless you want to beta there are no VIPs around this thread, Mister. :p Ok, that might've been a little harsh. [:D] I'm sorry.

This is getting so strange, I have no idea what's going on anymore, and yet I want another post You do? Well then I MUST get one up.

Great work, Ambyr I do what I can.

Fireyforce: I need to remember these color schemes...they make me a happy Ambyr...OMG!! AMBYR that was fantastic! What the heck did Jaina start? More soon? Thanks girl! More to come, I promise!

~*~

Well that was fun! I think I even feel like typing a post up. I am in a fabulous mood for no apparent reason @ all.

~*~
    This one's for YK, for dealing with my many insane PMs @ like, 3 in the morning. Thanks! @};-

Chapter 38: Reunion

I set the exhausted woman into the co-pilot's chair and fastened her in tightly. I didn't know what to say, except for, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes," she said. I didn't see how anyone could be after that experience. Jaina didn't say anything. "I know that I can tell you everything now. I know that you're my son. You're my Cole. You'd been gone for so long and I'd given up..." I embraced her with all my strength. Ages seemed to pass before I could think of anything to say.

"So...I have a mother. I can't believe it. After all those years of being an orphan..."

"You're not an orphan, Colton. You're a Jedi. That was one of your father's lightsabers, and you wielded it like a true Solo." Her face crinkled up into a smile so joyful that I couldn't resist hugging my mother again.

A true Solo. The greatest Jedi family, according to the history books. Even though I had believed the Jedi defeated, I'd always hoped that the Jedi would return. I was a Solo, the last of the line. Colton Solo. So Cole and Laney...we were taken...the visions!

"So the visions must have been my test. You needed to know if I was Force-sensitive. But seriously," I laughed and put my hand over my eyes. "That last one, Mom..." It was good to call her Mom. I had so much to think about, but all I wanted was to relish in the fact that I finally had parents. Even if I'd come to investigate the death of my own father, Anakin Solo.

Tahiri blushed. "My apologies."

The questions started boiling over. "So, that was my room? Those were my baby pictures, and my Jedi training instruments?"

"Yes, yes, and yes."

"But how come I don't remember you and...Dad?"

"I can't tell you that; I myself do not know." She seemed sad, burdened with the knowledge that I had no memories of my childhood in Ivory Tower. I expected, though, that they were joyous days.

"I don't want to interrupt the reunion, but, Tahiri," Jaina interjected from the pilot's chair,

21. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Jun 24, 2003
    lol, if anyone has a spare 20 minutes or so, you should skim over some of the insane theories in this thread and how YK and Thrawn attempt to(and sometimes do:oops: ) predict my plotlines. It helped me to read from Chapter 30 on...and I'm the author8-} ...just a suggestion! I need to tune up my imagery, and I will with the next few chapters...Oh, The Places We'll Go! Does anyone want a re-cap of what's been going on? I think it might be necessary.

Love you all-and I'm hoping for some comments tomorrow!

*A-R*

22. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    I HATE MYSELF, I HATE MYSELF, I HATE MYSELF, I HATE MYSELF, I HATE MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely 6 chappys, Ambyr. (At least, I think it was six.) I KNEW HE WAS COLE!!!! But what happened to Laney? I'm gonna have to marathon-read this again.

*pokes Dev and Fireyforce* Banter, anyone?

23. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Ambyr: No. But this time...anyways if you're thinking Tahiri is delusional, you are like the Harry/Hermione shippers...AKA(since you are not a fan ) you would be considered delusional yourself.

Yes, but if I'm a Harry Potter fan I can just cast some anti-delusion spell :p

You'll have to wait and see like everyone else...unless you want to beta there are no VIPs around this thread, Mister. Ok, that might've been a little harsh. I'm sorry.

All's forgiven ;) :p

This one's for YK, for dealing with my many insane PMs @ like, 3 in the morning. Thanks!

Cool! :eek: I feel special [face_dancing] [face_batting] :D :)

The questions started boiling over. "So, that was my room? Those were my baby pictures, and my Jedi training instruments?"

I told him that months ago :p

"I hope not. But I think they sensed Riina. They were shouting her name and calling me to join them in their plight to break the curse."

Curse? :eek:

Tahiri read my thoughts, and, turning to me, she whispered grimly, "Yuuzhan Vong."

Gah! :eek:

Good post, Ambyr :) Great to see Cole finally realize that Tahiri is his mother and that Anakin was his father :D Nice little moment for both of them. But now you've thrown in a bunch of new problems :( [face_thinking] Poor people :p

Post more soon :)

if anyone has a spare 20 minutes or so, you should skim over some of the insane theories in this thread and how YK and Thrawn attempt to(and sometimes do ) predict my plotlines.

Don't sound so surprised. Thrawn and I are never wrong :cool:

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The "ahahahaha" was for me predicting and getting things right.

Great last chapter.

25. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *pounces Cate* it's soooooo good to see you again! hehehehe, lovely Ambyr simply lovely. I had a feeling in the back of my mind that the Vong would come into play at some point. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how Jaina throwing a shoe into the ocean started this whole mess. a small recap would be lovely as well, there was such a long gap that some of what was written before has been lost in my sive of a brain 8-}. Thanks Ambyr and more soon? Could I get PM's please?

Fireyforce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.